Justice League: The New Wave (OOC - Interest Check)

So, hey. Spoiler warning.

As of last night, Lex Luthor has a self-duplicating henchwoman.

...huh.

Duplicate Damsel.......... Not a good nod.........

When I gave Mercy Graves the ability to multiply in this thread, I'm not sure... exactly what inspired me to do that. Just that it was a fairly uncommon power in DCU, was still more or less street-level with creative applications, and that it would be really useful for someone whose job it was to keep an eye on and personally assist Lex.

Plus I got to make a "Manifold Mercies" pun.

All are one in the vast infinite expanse, drawing upon the same multiverse of realities.

Novella?

So I kept all of my posts on this thread and have been slowly trying to pull it into some sort of novel-esque format. I was wondering if anyone else wanted to join me on this project?

I'm not sure if i'd release it for free or not. Or the DC IP angle but been mulling it all over while editing things into a novel format.

I'm not sure if I'm qualified to join in persay as Billie there barely got her foot in the door(of course I'll never lose hope for her all important meeting with Batman to occur someday), but I'm all for the idea. I've been structuring out my own superhero romance novels on the side.

I gladly offer up my services as a test audience, if you want one.

Also unrelated, but the trailer for Batwoman has dropped! I'm excited.

You were always a part of us, UM, even when you were away.

Billie's lightning helped link the cityscapes and saved North America from Kobra, if you remember.

Ruby Rose looks incredible as a superhero. I always knew she would!

Umm Chaz did you find a reality-bending notebook to write this in? Because your interests are bleeding into each other a lot lately.

As proud as I am of her off screen lending her channel to the wizard Shazam's powers to save the world, I also left her potentially embarassing herself with all sorts of imagined scenarios with an infamous aging billionaire playboy and I find that too funny to abandon.

Last edited:
Umm Chaz did you find a reality-bending notebook to write this in? Because your interests are bleeding into each other a lot lately.

It's almost hilarious to me how often stuff we've written on Lit tends to manifest either IRL or in related genre fiction. You and Lunaramblings should talk some time, he and I have laughingly lamented much of it.

I think that Lit is one of The Soft Places and its waters lap the shores of The Dreaming. That's my current theory and I'm sticking to it.

As proud as I am of her off screen lending her channel to the wizard Shazam's powers to save the world, I also left her potentially embarassing herself with all sorts of imagined scenarios with an infamous aging billionaire playboy and I find that too funny to abandon.

While I don't think I have the power or wherewithal to return to this thread, especially given the nigh-insurmountably monumental task of tying up all of Var's characters' plot arcs without her-- that's really what killed me on this, truth be told --I have been unable to escape lately an old nagging idea.

A thread that would take characters from wildly various abandoned story threads across the ORP and unite them in a storyline that would intersect worlds, allowing them some sort of closure rather than languishing in Limbo forever.

Maybe I should revisit that after all.

I need to think.

Hey I've done spin-off threads to tie up loose ends before and I'd do it again.

Billie wondered if it was some kind of special sadistic person that had found the off-key and off-tempo rendition of "Take On Me" to be worthy of Wayne Corp elevators. It had been almost half an eternity since that karoake-filled sleepover with Ruby and she had tripped over all of the words, but she was still really sure that the song wasn't meant to sound like a kid stumbling over piano lessons. Maybe it was just this one elevator and Bruce Wayne liked subtly torturing his guests. That would certainly explain why this elevator was taking so long. She had already been in here long enough for her cheeks to cool from her embarassing conversation with that way too smiley employee and get bored. Then the boredom had morphed into irritation when she realized what she was listening to. Her feet hurt and she was intensely uncomfortable because, expensive or not, this kind of outfit didn't compare to worn in jeans and a t-shirt, but the elevator just kept going. Until suddenly it dinged that special note signifying that she had her arrived at her destination and the doors started to slide.

Mentally she began putting her game face back on, only to lose it when she saw what those sliding doors were reavealing. It was a forest, an expansive, carefully tended forest full of silver trees and an orange sky that almost looked like it was on fire, but only because she was used to seeing shades of blue when she looked up. The scenery was a surprise, but her life had been super weird for two decades now so she wasn't actually surprised to find her plans for the day thrown into the trash. Nor did she think to ignore fate's call, but stepped boldly out into the lush red grass, after taking her heels off, of course. Her life also usually involved the need to run at a moment's notice and a sprained ankle made for shit running.

"Mr. Tumnus?"

Last edited:
Billie wondered if it was some kind of special sadistic person that had found the off-key and off-tempo rendition of "Take On Me" to be worthy of Wayne Corp elevators. It had been almost half an eternity since that karoake-filled sleepover with Ruby and she had tripped over all of the words, but she was still really sure that the song wasn't meant to sound like a kid stumbling over piano lessons. Maybe it was just this one elevator and Bruce Wayne liked subtly torturing his guests. That would certainly explain why this elevator was taking so long. She had already been in here long enough for her cheeks to cool from her embarassing conversation with that way too smiley employee and get bored. Then the boredom had morphed into irritation when she realized what she was listening to. Her feet hurt and she was intensely uncomfortable because, expensive or not, this kind of outfit didn't compare to worn in jeans and a t-shirt, but the elevator just kept going. Until suddenly it dinged that special note signifying that she had her arrived at her destination and the doors started to slide.

Mentally she began putting her game face back on, only to lose it when she saw what those sliding doors were reavealing. It was a forest, an expansive, carefully tended forest full of silver trees and an orange sky that almost looked like it was on fire, but only because she was used to seeing shades of blue when she looked up. The scenery was a surprise, but her life had been super weird for two decades now so she wasn't actually surprised to find her plans for the day thrown into the trash. Nor did she think to ignore fate's call, but stepped boldly out into the lush red grass, after taking her heels off, of course. Her life also usually involved the need to run at a moment's notice and a sprained ankle made for shit running.

"Mr. Tumnus?"

"Not quite," he replied, standing there gazing up at the great domed citadel.

His voice was ancient, posh, gravelly. His beard and hair white and grey like a snowstorm sky, his face wrinkled like a roadmap to the stars.

"Though I suppose if you called me an 'old goat,' it would not qualify as satyr."

He wore brown leather and a tattered ascot and a bandolier.

His eyes were older than the oldest soul, and his ears were... conspicuous.

Without quite glancing back at Billie, he gestured into the near distance.

"I might put in a lamppost. Just... there. Could be a good conversation starter."

"I just... wanted to remember everything as it was. Before everything ends."

"Before Hypertime... ends."

Last edited:
Apparently it's my turn with the reality bending notebook because (examples I wish I could link to but I'm guessing DC had him take down off his deviantart account) just got an OFFICIAL series.

I can at least say that it for sure contains an amazingly interesting origin story for Harley Quinn that puts major emphasis on her Dr. Quinzel roots and I have already pre-ordered my copy.

Apparently it's my turn with the reality bending notebook because (examples I wish I could link to but I'm guessing DC had him take down off his deviantart account) just got an OFFICIAL series.

I can at least say that it for sure contains an amazingly interesting origin story for Harley Quinn that puts major emphasis on her Dr. Quinzel roots and I have already pre-ordered my copy.

That guy whose name I can't spell who did the amazing shippy Wonder Woman/Lara Croft art!

I love him, and his wife's Hades/Persephone stuff is amazing too.

This Harleen stuff is gonna be off the joybuzzer!

the heart still beats in twain, a longing resting in pain. Deaths final kiss never given, a whisper is the answer. Or a piece of glass that redirects the gaze.

a new name I carry, but the face is old.
if the story would commence I would be as bold
as to ask, would I be allowed to rejoin a tale untold?

a new name I carry, but the face is old.
if the story would commence I would be as bold
as to ask, would I be allowed to rejoin a tale untold?

I haven't made any decisions yet.

I certainly don't have the time or strength to get this one running again.

But if (if) I do cobble a lower-key thread together, you'd be welcome.

Back