1st time to San Antonio

magichanz

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Posts
432
Evening all....

Heading to San Antonio, TX for a couple of days. Guess I will be near the riverwalk.

Any suggestions for a good hang out place to meet some Texan to chill and relax?

Thanks in advance.
 
Don't mess with the Alamo

As a non-native, but long-time (former) resident of TX... Don't mess with the Alamo! It's important!

Seriously, San Antonio is a very fun city. Great climate, wonderful people, very casual and comfortable attitude, great food, great drinks, etc. The Riverwalk is excellent. One of my favorite urban venues. If you are staying close enough to walk you can really have a great time. Don't worry about the best place to go. Everywhere will be filled with tourists. Most of them will be tourists from other parts of TX. Lots of them will be looking for excitement in San Antonio. Just enjoy the Riverwalk and stop at any place that looks appealing to you. I doubt it will disappoint.

It will be a markedly different experience from NYC.
 
Wouldn't dream of messing with The Alamo.

Thanks for the recommendation Astray....

I plan to see the Alamo if I have the time. I will be there for meetings. May be I will go check it out in the evening....

I am looking forward to the visit. Since it will be a short visit. I just want to maximize my time there.
 
Back
Top