Isolated Poetry Blurt

neonurotic said:
we find that King Tut was a normal dorky teen, he had buck teeth.
I wonder if Tutankhamen was an early precursor to today's science nerds. I'm willing to bet he had acne, too.

champagne1982 said:
I wonder if Tutankhamen was an early precursor to today's science nerds. I'm willing to bet he had acne, too.
I said in my LiveJournal that I bet Gary Larsen would've loved toon-ing him up if he still did The Farside.

Terrible, irresistible temptation to interrupt a serious discussion with irreverent comments about prosodomy and its various techniques. Something in me just needs to moon anything serious, even if I have complete respect for it.

Confession received, penance granted, 5 Hail Marys, 10 Our Fathers and 3 terza rimas.

bj

Temporary reprieve.

Attachments

• Rainy.jpg
    Rainy.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not feeling very poetic lately. I haven't written a poem or thought any poemy type thoughts in quite awhile. Last poem I wrote was Oct 14th.

Stress is a motherfucker.

neonurotic said:
I'm not feeling very poetic lately. I haven't written a poem or thought any poemy type thoughts in quite awhile. Last poem I wrote was Oct 14th.

Stress is a motherfucker.
Stress is a motherfucker
sucker bet taken on the chin
sin found in study and money spent
rent, food and scholarships
rips through musing scribbles
dribbles down baby chin and chest
breast fed stains on Mommy's dress
stress is a motherfucked night
right before final grades handed out
doubt assails the worried man's heart
part of growing up and living well
until we find the poem waiting there
where babies rest and mothers smile
while you find love's got you blessed.

Stress is a motherfucker
sucker bet taken on the chin
sin found in study and money spent
rent, food and scholarships
rips through musing scribbles
dribbles down baby chin and chest
breast fed stains on Mommy's dress
stress is a motherfucked night
right before final grades handed out
doubt assails the worried man's heart
part of growing up and living well
until we find the poem waiting there
where babies rest and mothers smile
while you find love's got you blessed.

Do it again and this time make it an acrostic or even a double acrostic. I know you can.

:caning: <---------- Look! A new icon. A slapdown, gunfight icon!

Do it again and this time make it an acrostic or even a double acrostic. I know you can.

:caning: <---------- Look! A new icon. A slapdown, gunfight icon!
Mercy! I thought you were blessing us with a blurt and wham! I'm slapped into an acrostic.

Stress or Motherfucker? I can't guarantee all the end word front word rhymes though. That would hurt my head

No double here...

stress

sweat tracing rivulets endless streams swamped
tromped pathways through hard lived days
rays of sunshine don't penetrate shadows bleach
each dark thought hidden behind pillared bones
stones edging the way to go away the long
song tries reality every sorrow stressed.

Mercy! I thought you were blessing us with a blurt and wham! I'm slapped into an acrostic.

Stress or Motherfucker? I can't guarantee all the end word front word rhymes though. That would hurt my head

No double here...

stress

Wonderful! I knew you could (and likely would). Sorta reminds me of Judo. :kiss:

Wonderful! I knew you could (and likely would). Sorta reminds me of Judo. :kiss:
I'm just glad it's on the blurt thread, kinda like a passion poem but with shouting. Judo would have found the perfect words for that though. I could, but I'm done. New topic? I could give another try.
maybe​
maybe​

I'm just glad it's on the blurt thread, kinda like a passion poem but with shouting. Judo would have found the perfect words for that though. I could, but I'm done. New topic? I could give another try.
maybe​
maybe​

You remember Judo. She would have gone off and written it double so that the words rhymed on the other end, too. A double acrostic. I think Tesse has written a few as well. They make my eyes cross.

Like:

tromped pathways through hard lived fret
each dark thought hidden behind pillared days
song tries reality every sorrow's bones

Another thing one of my mentors told me that I really liked was to write a poem with every word starting with the same letter. No exceptions. That's a pretty good exercise, I think. You can even get to the point where you can rhyme and write it in a simple rhythm. Sorta like piano scales for poetry, I guess.

You remember Judo. She would have gone off and written it double so that the words rhymed on the other end, too. A double acrostic. I think Tesse has written a few as well. They make my eyes cross.

Like:

tromped pathways through hard lived fret
each dark thought hidden behind pillared days
song tries reality every sorrow's bones

Another thing one of my mentors told me that I really liked was to write a poem with every word starting with the same letter. No exceptions. That's a pretty good exercise, I think. You can even get to the point where you can rhyme and write it in a simple rhythm. Sorta like piano scales for poetry, I guess.
We've done a mass excercise here with that one I think. I likely did an easy letter, like D. F would be good too, but I can see there'd be a lot of Fucking fucks in that one.

Alphabet bombs can dance
earnest fingers gamely
hovering insipid jackdaws
knives lance mnemonic
nightmares over poems
quite ridiculously started
through unwary victims
wearing yellowed zebrahide

We've done a mass excercise here with that one I think. I likely did an easy letter, like D. F would be good too, but I can see there'd be a lot of Fucking fucks in that one.

Alphabet bombs can dance
earnest fingers gamely
hovering insipid jackdaws
knives lance mnemonic
nightmares over poems
quite ridiculously started
through unwary victims
wearing yellowed zebrahide

Deliberation

Drifting
definitely drives doldrums,
dipping down, dismayed deprived.

Dropping
dubiously dulls decisions,
dragging deep, declined descried.

Delight deserts dreams defying
Daughter’s dauntless daft denying.

Do dreaded days dissolve designs?
Does destiny dilute declines?

Delay defeat! Divide dissent!
Delude dogma's discontent!

:kiss:

Deliberation

Drifting
definitely drives doldrums,
dipping down, dismayed deprived.

Dropping
dubiously dulls decisions,
dragging deep, declined descried.

Delight deserts dreams defying
Daughter’s dauntless daft denying.

Do dreaded days dissolve designs?
Does destiny dilute declines?

Delay defeat! Divide dissent!
Delude dogma's discontent!

:kiss:
not bad! (good thing it's all an exercise though) A case for prosidy not neccessarily making for good poetry :p.

ETA: I don't think this came over as the compliment I was intending. Your's make sense compared to what feels like word vomit in my alphabet poem. They're definitely worthy excercises, everyone. I know that many of you aren't like ange and I who are willing to show you our panties hanging out to dry, but just try them when you're scribbling. It makes the words come more easily when you're writing a poem you want to show off. Believe me.

Last edited:
not bad! (good thing it's all an exercise though) A case for prosidy not neccessarily making for good poetry :p.

ETA: I don't think this came over as the compliment I was intending. Your's make sense compared to what feels like word vomit in my alphabet poem. They're definitely worthy excercises, everyone. I know that many of you aren't like ange and I who are willing to show you our panties hanging out to dry, but just try them when you're scribbling. It makes the words come more easily when you're writing a poem you want to show off. Believe me.

Well here goes my brand new panties on the line too! (I feel like one of those people who jumps into the frozen water naked... so here goes... *deep breath*... *PLUNGE*

Always Be Careful, Definately Ensure Freedom, Goals Help Independence, Jeopardy Knows Limits, Momentus News Offered, Projecting Quiet Resolve, Something Together United, Victoriously We Xpress Youthful Zeal

And don't ask me where that came from, wanted to take a stab at a word vomit of my own...

And f*** the letter X, btw, I had everything hiccuping smoothly (contradiction,? lol)... and bam... X came along...

Writting poems is like vacuming your brain, getting all the little remnants up and out.

Well here goes my brand new panties on the line too! (I feel like one of those people who jumps into the frozen water naked... so here goes... *deep breath*... *PLUNGE*

Always Be Careful, Definately Ensure Freedom, Goals Help Independence, Jeopardy Knows Limits, Momentus News Offered, Projecting Quiet Resolve, Something Together United, Victoriously We Xpress Youthful Zeal

And don't ask me where that came from, wanted to take a stab at a word vomit of my own...

And f*** the letter X, btw, I had everything hiccuping smoothly (contradiction,? lol)... and bam... X came along...

Writting poems is like vacuming your brain, getting all the little remnants up and out.
LOL I just reread my word spew and discovered I must have sublimated the letter X. I hate X. I'm with you let's get xenophobic on X's cross. Alphabets of the world unite, fuck X.

I understand what you mean. Do you know how many tries it took me to get that "D" poem to a point where it was meaningful (sort of) and rhymed? Lol. A lot. And it still sounds unnatural, forced but that's because it is an exercise.

Excuse me? How do I get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice. Practice is good. Not every poem is written for The New Yorker. Not every composition is meant to challenge Mozart. I see so many poems (including my own) that are imprecise, unspecific, abstract. So I do these exercises to try to get past that myself. :)

No double here...

stress

Now. That's just showing off. :kiss:

Less stress today, but still no poems.

I'm tired, I'm depressed, and, what is worse, can't even write effectively about it.

I think you should change that to: I'm wired, undressed and hoarse. Edit yourself and become a naked, hyperactive , sex-screamer.

Semester one is in the bag for Sara. I said goodbye to my drug dealers, graffiti artist, soldiers, knife fighter and con-artist. They all told me they loved me and I cannot decide if I like that or if it scares the shit outta me.

Jesus, life is weird.

Amen.

I think you should change that to: I'm wired, undressed and hoarse. Edit yourself and become a naked, hyperactive , sex-screamer.

Semester one is in the bag for Sara. I said goodbye to my drug dealers, graffiti artist, soldiers, knife fighter and con-artist. They all told me they loved me and I cannot decide if I like that or if it scares the shit outta me.

Jesus, life is weird.

Amen.

And amen. And amen. And Tutankh-amen.

Hi Sara! crushlike, hi sara hi sara hi sara hi sara. Think if we joined forces we could help Tzed out with that? Sounds like a much more promising set of adjectives indeed.

bj

bj

Back