Coconut oil

Wife has been doing the coconut pulling for teeth. We use almond oil for sex and masturbation.

Wife has been doing the coconut pulling for teeth. We use almond oil for sex and masturbation.

I just read up on the oil pulling, and tried it this afternoon with just a teaspoon of coconut oil for only 5-ish minutes. I'll be damned if that alone didn't make my teeth and mouth feel noticeably cleaner - very cool! I'll still do the prescription mouthwash and fluoride toothpaste routine my dentist put me on, but the oil pulling could be a good solution for me during the day, and it's definitely something natural and healthy to try with my 4-year-old, who seems to have inherited my family's propensity for cavities and such. What's not to love about yet another reason to use coconut oil? :nana:

Would one run a risk of creating an environment hospitable to infections or irritation? I avoid non-water based lube because of this...

Would one run a risk of creating an environment hospitable to infections or irritation? I avoid non-water based lube because of this...

That's certainly an issue with butter, vegetable shortening/Crisco and some other oils. Extra virgin, organic avocado, coconut and olive oils are generally safe to use.

Most water-based lubes contain ingredients like glycerin (which can promote yeast infections), alcohol, scents/flavors/colors, artificial preservatives that can absolutely be irritating and promote all sorts of imbalances and infections. There are some natural, glycerin-free water-based lubes out there that use grapefruit extracts and such as natural preservatives, but your best bet for avoiding infection and irritation from lube is using pure silicone lube or an organic, virgin oil that is inhospitable to bacteria. We only use water-based lube with toys that contain silicone. Otherwise, it's all silicone or coconut oil, depending on the activity and condom use.

That's certainly an issue with butter, vegetable shortening/Crisco and some other oils. Extra virgin, organic avocado, coconut and olive oils are generally safe to use.

Most water-based lubes contain ingredients like glycerin (which can promote yeast infections), alcohol, scents/flavors/colors, artificial preservatives that can absolutely be irritating and promote all sorts of imbalances and infections. There are some natural, glycerin-free water-based lubes out there that use grapefruit extracts and such as natural preservatives, but your best bet for avoiding infection and irritation from lube is using pure silicone lube or an organic, virgin oil that is inhospitable to bacteria. We only use water-based lube with toys that contain silicone. Otherwise, it's all silicone or coconut oil, depending on the activity and condom use.

Thank you!

Multi Uses of Organic EV Coconut Oil

I have been using Organic, Extra Virgin, Cold-pressed Coconut Oil for many years. One of my favorite uses is as a sexual lubricant. As previously noted, it is amazing for hand jobs, but even better when they transition to BJs. I was never a fan of the taste of water-based lube... I too buy the large Nutiva tub at Costco, and distribute containers throughout the house in small canning jars. I have even made arousal gel with Coconut oil, and a combination of essential oils; quite lovely when applied with a paintbrush. I also use it for pulling from time to time, and did so this morning, in fact. Just make sure you do not spit the oil in the sink, as it will clog your pipes.

My experience of coconut oil is that on my skin it can be comedogenic - is this also of concern when using it as a lube?

Does anyone here use coconut oil for sex? I've always been shell shocked by the price of lube, and the taste has always been an issue along with the scent. It seems like even after washing the sheets I can still smell lube. As we get a little older, sometimes it's handy stuff though.

I just recently learned that coconut oil can be used as a sexual lubricant. I had no idea, but if what I'm reading is true then I don't know why we'd even bother with other lubes (we don't have to worry about condoms and oils). In fact, it seems to have a lot of uses.

I've read that refined is more sanitary than unrefined. Any thoughts?
I think its one of the best lubricants with no side effects. I have used it n i recommend you too. Let me know once u use it.

You can whiten your teeth with it. It's called oil pulling. Swish it through your teeth for 15 minutes then brush.

The one time you don't want to swallow is when you are using the oil for teeth whitening. (Pulling)

Otherwise, swallowing is best :D

I heard about intimate uses for coconut oil several years ago. Great stuff! I find it not heavy at all and retains its slipperiness long after artificial lubes turn to glue.

I have only read one bad thing about this use on yahoo answers. The guy, claiming some expertise, advised against it because it doesn't get absorbed internally and therefore builds up. Is that a bad thing? I can attest to this also as GF has left some behind on me even when we weren't using it at the time.

One observation I have made is that friction seems to melt it differently than heat. I am in a cold climate so the jar is often solid. I like it much better if I nuke it for a bit so it is liquid before use.

Coconut oil is a great lube! It’s an anti-fungal, there’s no preservatives, It DOES get absorbed by the body just make sure it's organic. It doesn't leave a nasty oily residue on the skin after the fun is over. Won't run between your fingers and down your forearms and all over the sheets… You all know what I’m talking about. And your genitals will have a nice tropical-scent. Really no drawbacks except it weakens condoms. So that’s where you need to be careful.

Coconut oil is a great lube! It’s an anti-fungal, there’s no preservatives, It DOES get absorbed by the body just make sure it's organic.

As long as it is a good quality brand, such as Nutiva, then correct. The way the oil is processed will determine it's quality and performance.

My 2 cents worth!!

Have used a variety of lubes, water-based and silicone. Found coconut oil. The wife is easily affected by the wrong lube. Coconut oil is the greatest thing since sliced bread! We use it for anal, vaginal, handjobs, massage, any sexual use where lube is necessary or enhancing. No irritation or negative reaction of any kind to her most sensitive areas and it's been more than a year. It's supposed to be hypo-allergenic. Can't say enough good things about CO and, it tastes good!!!

Have used a variety of lubes, water-based and silicone. Found coconut oil. The wife is easily affected by the wrong lube. Coconut oil is the greatest thing since sliced bread! We use it for anal, vaginal, handjobs, massage, any sexual use where lube is necessary or enhancing. No irritation or negative reaction of any kind to her most sensitive areas and it's been more than a year. It's supposed to be hypo-allergenic. Can't say enough good things about CO and, it tastes good!!!

I've used it a few times on myself. Wow it's phenomenal. Now have to convince the wife to use it :)

Back