The Makeup Fairy Returns!

Hey again Fairy Fans, I've come to bring you a Product Review! Today I'm going to be tackling Flower Beauty by Drew Barrymore.

http://flowerbeauty.com/

Now I have not tried the entire line of products but I have been fortunate enough to have some extra pocket money, and picked up a few interesting things from her line. I've been wearing them for the last few days and I think I'm ready to share with you my thoughts about the line, and if it's right for YOU!

Drew claims that the line is "Department Store makeup at Drugstore Prices". Some people might say that's preposterous, but for us money-saving mavens out there, we say it's a dream come true! It's difficult to wade through the mindblowingly massive mountain of choices for drugstore makeup and find the rare hidden gems that give you quality without breaking the bank, and that's why blogs like this are so handy, because I can do some of the wading for you!

First off, the packaging to all the items looks young and kind of freshly pretty, perfect for the target audience of twenty-to-thirty somethings who are looking for relate-able but trendy packaging. It doesn't look or feel cheaply made. That's good because if you're anything like me, items with flimsier packaging gets less use because it stays in the train case instead of coming with me in my bag on-the-go. If you take it with you, you're more likely to use it more often, and that means you buy more makeup, so everyone wins!!

First Item up for Review is the "SkinCognito Stick Foundation":

0081047401401_500X500.jpg

Product Claims: "Glides on smoothly and blends easily for an instant, uniform finish. Translucent, “second skin” coverage allows skin’'s natural tone to show through."

The foundation stick cost about 9 dollars. Packaging is sturdy, and the lid fits very snugly without being so tight that it's difficult to get off, which is great if you're taking this product with you in your purse or bag and the twist-up function works smoothly. The foundation is odorless and you get a whopping 9 grams of product!

On my first trial I wore it without primer and applied it with my fingers. It's a very thick, almost dry cream which made it difficult to blend even when warmed on the back of my hand. Honestly I have to say that I'm a little disappointed about it's staying power and texture, most stick foundations are full to very-full coverage with a creamy texture that covers more severe skin conditions like deep acne scar pitting and large pores, but this stuff sinks weirdly into pores and really settles into the fine lines under my eyes and made me look older than I was. After just an hour the product's texture was visibly breaking down around my nose (which tends to be on the slightly oily side). On the second attempt I wore it with my ELF's Mineral Infused Primer and applied it using a damp sponge and found it did nothing to help it "wear" better. The third attempt at wearing it I used it with the Flower Beauty "In Your Prime Perfecting Primer" from it's own line and applied it with a stippling brush and saw that it still settled into my fine lines and pores in a very unflattering way.

Overall Score: D- Did not have stick-foundation-like coverage, settles into lines and pores, cosmetic integrity breaks down easily on even slightly oily skin. I would NOT recommend this product to anyone and would NOT purchase it again.

The next item up for shout-out is the "In Your Prime Perfecting Primer":

0081047401390_500X500.jpg

Product Claims: "A targeted primer that instantly resurfaces skin for a smoother and more even appearance. Apply to fine lines, large pores or rough spots for an immediate smoothing effect."

The Primer cost about 13 dollars. Again, the packaging is sturdy and the twist-cap feels snug enough to be trusted in a purse or bag. You get a whopping 28 grams of this product in one tube, enough to last months! The texture of the primer is thin and silky, almost a gel-lotion and spreads easily. It dries REALLY quickly, though, so work in small sections when applying. Sinks into skin completely and absorbs very readily leaving no greasy afterfeel. Smells exactly like Sunflowers perfume, which may or may not be great depending on how you feel about that scent!

The first application I was impressed by the texture of the primer and enjoyed how easily my skin drank it up. Once I let it sit on my skin for a few minutes, I noticed a "tight" sensation which may be the product's "tightening" formulation but found that it made my skin feel slightly dehydrated. Combination/Normal-to-Dry girls should NOT wear this primer, oily skinned divas will love it! On every subsequent application it did help hold the integrity of my various cosmetics and retained longer cohesion than without a primer but it did not out-perform ELF's Mineral Infused Primer on cost, texture or useability.

Overall Score: B- It worked as claimed for the most part. Oily skinned people will enjoy the pore-shrinking effect but normal-combination-and-dry skinned people should stick with something more hydrating. I would recommend this to any oily-to-very-oily skinned people who need a strong tightening primer to temporarily reduce the appearance of their pores and help maintain cosmetic integrity. I WOULD recommend this product to some people but will NOT be buying it again.

Next Item on the ole chopping block, "Win Some, Rouge Some Crème Blush":

flower-peach-blossom-cream-blush-2.jpg

Product Claims: "Conforms to skin for a soft “powder”-like finish. Blush transforms into a soft velvet veil on cheeks, deposits gentle color for a healthy glow. Perfect for layering to build your desired look."

The Product cost about 8 dollars and you get a decent 4 grams of product. Once again, the package is sturdy enough to slip into a bag or purse, the transparent cap snaps closed very snugly and it's another odorless formulation. Be AWARE, this product is VERY pigmented and easy to overdo. Use a sparing amount and layer color if necessary. The "set" cream-like texture melts easily with your body heat, turning it from a hard product to a creamy highly pigmented stain that sets into a long-wearing and flatteringly textured rouge. Did not settle into my pores and seemed airy, almost translucent at the same time as so deeply pigmented. Worth three times what it's priced as anyone of any age could use this, regardless of skin type!

Overall Score: A+ I would recommend this product to EVERYONE. One of the best cream blushes I have ever used!

So that's it Fairy Fans, if you have any questions or comments about this article please let me know here or via PM! Stay tuned for next time, when I'll be reviewing "Neutrogena Naturals Face and Body Beauty Bar":
rby-neutrogena-naturals-face-body-bar-mdn-78657714.jpg

Hi folks! Today we have an anonymous question via PM:

Hi!

First off, I would like to thank you for all the time and effort that you put into the thread. I love the fact that it's very girlie but not in a high-maintenance or shallow way - it is so completely approachable that anyone, whether s/he wears make-up on a daily basis or just want to get some basic skin-care. It accessible to all. Thank you for that.

I do have a question, though, which I hope you can help me with. For the past few months, I was under tremendous amount of stress, coupled with a severe case of SAD. I barely slept, my fluid intake was dangerous low, and I didn't eat or exercise regularly. You can imagine the toll this took on my body. I'm getting the exercise I need and I'm taking care in eating regularly (and healthily), getting my vit. D and safe amount of outdoors, and am actually sleeping. However, I do not like what I see in the mirror. I still have dark circles under my eyes, my skin - though no longer pale - is now an interesting flush (I look like I'm permanently blushing) and spotted and still at times haggard looking, my hair is dry (though oily roots) and blah.

Is the damage permanent? And do you have any suggestions in how to make my face reflect the vitality that I have lost and am now gaining back?

Thank you so much, and I do hope that you and yours are healthy and happy.

Dear Curious Convalescing Cutie,

First off, I'm deeply flattered that you feel this way about my threads. I genuinely do care about making sure that people can come to me for education, advice and help and I want to reach out in the ways that I can using my talents and knowledge best. Thank you so much for the love and support and I only hope that I can reach out and help anyone and everyone who needs it!

Secondly, your question was fascinating and I honestly can't believe I've never talked about this before, it seems like such a no-brainer now that you've asked!

How To Recover Your Looks After Illness!

Face it, ladies and germs, we look sick when we're sick. And sometimes we look sick long after we're not sick anymore, and that's just adding insult to injury in my opinion. But fear not, almost no damage is permanent, as long as you have the right tools and the right motivation!

Lackluster blotchy complexion, dark circles and bags under your eyes...Dehydrated hands and lips and swollen eyelids. Limp hair, brittle nails and red eyes. Do these things sound familiar? Those are just a few of the common cosmetic complaints of the ill or previously ill, and here are a few ways to treat and tame those issues!

Lackluster, pale, dull skin: Prenatal Vitamins! The extra boost of nutrition will give your body the tools it needs to rebuild healthy cells. Regular gentle exfoliation with your favorite exfoliating cleanser will encourage rapid cell turnover to reveal younger, fresher skin beneath. And for an extra hearty boost...Drink at least one glass of orange juice a day, every day, for brightening phytochemicals! This should glowey-up even the most wan complexion in just a matter of days!

Red, blotchy skin: Tea Time, ladies! Make a large cup of chamomile tea and mix a tablespoon of honey into it. While the tea is still warm, you'll want to soak a soft washcloth in the tea so that it's quite damp but not dripping. Apply moisturizer to your freshly cleansed face, then lay back and drape the washcloth over your face. Allow to sit for at least ten minutes. This will help soothe redness and calm aggravated, red or blotchy skin!

Dark circles and/or bags under the eyes: The ole cucumber cliche? It would be, but to supercharge their effect, chill the slices after cutting in the freezer for ten minutes. Then apply a layer of eye gel on problem areas and place extra-cold cuke slices over top. Lay down for fifteen minutes and let the cukes soak. The mild fruit acid in the cucumber juice will gently encourage cell turnover to eliminate dehydration and fine lines, while the chill will reduce dark circles, redness and swollenness.

Limp and lifeless hair: Mix a cup of flour with ice cold water and comb gently into freshly shampooed hair. Rinse well, then condition normally and after the shower, apply any after-shower haircare as normal. The flour acts as a thickener and volumizer while soaking up excess oil from the scalp! Plus it's SUPER CHEAP!

Dry hair ends:

chi-silk-infusion-350x350.jpg

If you guys are regular Fairy Fans, you have seen my raves about Chi Silk Infusion. I don't think I could recommend a finer product that does everything you need a hair product to do, and then some. Not only will this give you back your moisture barrier, but it'll prevent heat and environmental damage, split ends and add softness and manageability back to your hair.

Brittle nails: Remove all nail polish and wash hands. Towel dry your hands, but while your hands are still damp, rub a soft cloth dabbed in coconut or olive oil over your fingernails. The rubbing action will stimulate your circulation to pump vital oxygen-and-nutrient rich blood into the tips of your fingers, but the oil will act as a moisture barrier to keep your nails moisturized longer. Do this daily for maximum benefit!

So there you have it, Fairy Fans, a few tips to correct the Icky Sickies! If you have any further questions or comments please don't hesitate to ask them below, contact me via PM or on facebook and don't forget to stay subscribed for more hot trends, product reviews and helpful tips from your favorite Makeup Fairy!

You're so awesome. :)

I only have one question at the moment. How much cold water do you put with the cup of flour? Are you making a paste, slurry, liquid?

Thanks! :rose:

any recommendations for a pink based very fair foundation with physical sunscreen in it?

Thanks!

any recommendations for a pink based very fair foundation with physical sunscreen in it?

Thanks!

Dear Pinky Pie,

Yes! We had this question not too long ago and my answer is still the same! Meow Cosmetics!

http://www.meowcosmetics.com/Foundation.htm

They are a small mineral makeup company that has a large assortment of very-pink and very-yellow toned mineral foundations for extremely pale ladies, and seeing as how it's mineral foundation you get an SPF right along with it!

I'm a huge fan of mineral makeup, and this company is a great find for fair-to-very-fair people who need good makeup at a good price. Plus look at the amounts you get when you purchase!? They send extremely generous sizes, and you can't beat that!

Thank you Makeup Fairy!

Actually I did try those when my friend got a bunch of samples and my face is too dry for mineral makeup since I got altered ;) Any idea on liquid ones?

Thank you Makeup Fairy!

Actually I did try those when my friend got a bunch of samples and my face is too dry for mineral makeup since I got altered ;) Any idea on liquid ones?

MAC face and body foundation has a liquid white base that can be added to any foundation to pale it out without making it have less coverage. The extra large bottle can last for months even with heavy daily use due to it's incredible pigmentation. Mix it with your current foundation to customize it's color for a perfect fit!

http://www.amazon.com/MAC-Face-Body-Foundation-WHITE/dp/B0051PTCYO

Welcome back Fairy Fans, today I'm coming in for a hot PRODUCT REVIEW!

I'm a HUGE fan of cream blush. I have combination skin, so my cheeks tend to be significantly dryer than my T-zone, making powder blushes streak, cake and flake in not too flattering ways! Cream blush specifically gets around this issue by letting their pigments float in a moisturizing base that melts into your skin to prevent uneven coverage!

So that being said, when I got the opportunity to try out Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush I couldn't wait!

Fresh-Pink_pack-shot.png

This product retails for between approximately 5-7 US dollars, so it's very affordable even for the most budget conscious Makeup Maven! The packaging is a standard click-to-close and pretty sturdy so it can certainly survive being thrown into a purse for convenient on-the-go touchups! There's no noticeable "makeup smell" to it, which is great since some cream makeups are downright aromatic! The texture...well, let me tell you, that was one of my favorites! To all of you who haven't tried this yet...YES. IT REALLY BOUNCES!! It's like touching a firm sponge, which tactically rebounds beneath your touch, which is, for some reason, incredibly appealing!

It goes on lightly, with a build-able pigment that seems to merge with your skin like you were born with that candle-lit glow, and blends like a miracle with very little work! It sets in a moderate speed, allowing plenty of time to allow you to adjust any mistakes and blend without rushing.

I would absolutely suggest this for people with dry skin, people who want very natural looking blush, and people who are still "new" to cosmetics because of how forgiving and user-friendly product is!

On a scale of 10-10, I give this product a full 9 Fairy Wands, and I DEFINITELY will be purchasing this product again in the future!

Please go out and try out this blush today, you WON'T be disappointed!

That's all for today, Fairy Fans, and remember, stay tuned to The Makeup Fairy's blog for all your cosmetic and beauty advice, trend pieces and hot product reviews! If you have any questions for me, please feel free to email them to my Inbox to remain anonymous, or post them here, and I'll get back to you ASAP!

MUAH xxxXxxx

Hi folks! Today we have an anonymous question via PM:

Hi!

First off, I would like to thank you for all the time and effort that you put into the thread. I love the fact that it's very girlie but not in a high-maintenance or shallow way - it is so completely approachable that anyone, whether s/he wears make-up on a daily basis or just want to get some basic skin-care. It accessible to all. Thank you for that.

I do have a question, though, which I hope you can help me with. For the past few months, I was under tremendous amount of stress, coupled with a severe case of SAD. I barely slept, my fluid intake was dangerous low, and I didn't eat or exercise regularly. You can imagine the toll this took on my body. I'm getting the exercise I need and I'm taking care in eating regularly (and healthily), getting my vit. D and safe amount of outdoors, and am actually sleeping. However, I do not like what I see in the mirror. I still have dark circles under my eyes, my skin - though no longer pale - is now an interesting flush (I look like I'm permanently blushing) and spotted and still at times haggard looking, my hair is dry (though oily roots) and blah.

Is the damage permanent? And do you have any suggestions in how to make my face reflect the vitality that I have lost and am now gaining back?

Thank you so much, and I do hope that you and yours are healthy and happy.

Dear Curious Convalescing Cutie,

First off, I'm deeply flattered that you feel this way about my threads. I genuinely do care about making sure that people can come to me for education, advice and help and I want to reach out in the ways that I can using my talents and knowledge best. Thank you so much for the love and support and I only hope that I can reach out and help anyone and everyone who needs it!

Secondly, your question was fascinating and I honestly can't believe I've never talked about this before, it seems like such a no-brainer now that you've asked!

How To Recover Your Looks After Illness!

Face it, ladies and germs, we look sick when we're sick. And sometimes we look sick long after we're not sick anymore, and that's just adding insult to injury in my opinion. But fear not, almost no damage is permanent, as long as you have the right tools and the right motivation!

Lackluster blotchy complexion, dark circles and bags under your eyes...Dehydrated hands and lips and swollen eyelids. Limp hair, brittle nails and red eyes. Do these things sound familiar? Those are just a few of the common cosmetic complaints of the ill or previously ill, and here are a few ways to treat and tame those issues!

Lackluster, pale, dull skin: Prenatal Vitamins! The extra boost of nutrition will give your body the tools it needs to rebuild healthy cells. Regular gentle exfoliation with your favorite exfoliating cleanser will encourage rapid cell turnover to reveal younger, fresher skin beneath. And for an extra hearty boost...Drink at least one glass of orange juice a day, every day, for brightening phytochemicals! This should glowey-up even the most wan complexion in just a matter of days!

Red, blotchy skin: Tea Time, ladies! Make a large cup of chamomile tea and mix a tablespoon of honey into it. While the tea is still warm, you'll want to soak a soft washcloth in the tea so that it's quite damp but not dripping. Apply moisturizer to your freshly cleansed face, then lay back and drape the washcloth over your face. Allow to sit for at least ten minutes. This will help soothe redness and calm aggravated, red or blotchy skin!

Dark circles and/or bags under the eyes: The ole cucumber cliche? It would be, but to supercharge their effect, chill the slices after cutting in the freezer for ten minutes. Then apply a layer of eye gel on problem areas and place extra-cold cuke slices over top. Lay down for fifteen minutes and let the cukes soak. The mild fruit acid in the cucumber juice will gently encourage cell turnover to eliminate dehydration and fine lines, while the chill will reduce dark circles, redness and swollenness.

Limp and lifeless hair: Mix a cup of flour with ice cold water and comb gently into freshly shampooed hair. Rinse well, then condition normally and after the shower, apply any after-shower haircare as normal. The flour acts as a thickener and volumizer while soaking up excess oil from the scalp! Plus it's SUPER CHEAP!

Dry hair ends:

chi-silk-infusion-350x350.jpg

If you guys are regular Fairy Fans, you have seen my raves about Chi Silk Infusion. I don't think I could recommend a finer product that does everything you need a hair product to do, and then some. Not only will this give you back your moisture barrier, but it'll prevent heat and environmental damage, split ends and add softness and manageability back to your hair.

Brittle nails: Remove all nail polish and wash hands. Towel dry your hands, but while your hands are still damp, rub a soft cloth dabbed in coconut or olive oil over your fingernails. The rubbing action will stimulate your circulation to pump vital oxygen-and-nutrient rich blood into the tips of your fingers, but the oil will act as a moisture barrier to keep your nails moisturized longer. Do this daily for maximum benefit!

So there you have it, Fairy Fans, a few tips to correct the Icky Sickies! If you have any further questions or comments please don't hesitate to ask them below, contact me via PM or on facebook and don't forget to stay subscribed for more hot trends, product reviews and helpful tips from your favorite Makeup Fairy!

This sounds like rosacea.

Last edited:
Dear Make-Up Fairy,

Now autumn is rapidly approaching (boo!), do you have any tips on extending my summer glow and fall colours/make-up trends? From a brief perusal, it seems that the classic nude and copper look is in, but it seems to be paired with strong lips, plus there's a lot of bright eye colour. What's your take? How do you suggest wearing them?

Dear Make-Up Fairy,

Now autumn is rapidly approaching (boo!), do you have any tips on extending my summer glow and fall colours/make-up trends? From a brief perusal, it seems that the classic nude and copper look is in, but it seems to be paired with strong lips, plus there's a lot of bright eye colour. What's your take? How do you suggest wearing them?

Thanks for the fantastic question, FB! :kiss:

So for Fire and my fellow Fairy Fans, I'm going to title this Makeup Fairy's Fabulous Fall Fashion and Fantastic Beauty Guide!

HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR SUMMER TAN

Gradual Sunless Tanners! I cannot rave enough about these fantastic products. Transitioning to the lighter winter skintone can be rough when you want to squeeze the last few weeks out of that lovely sunny glow. A gradual sunless tanner can be built up slowly over days or even weeks to allow you time to adjust to your ideal shade, giving you the ultimate in control-freak micromanagement about just how dark you want to go! Apply twice a day for the speediest results, or just twice a week to keep that summertime tan all throughout the fall season!

My favorite right now is Jergen's Natural Glow, it has a very pleasantly light, creamy texture and smooths on easily, absorbs quickly and even has an SPF for extra anti-aging!

http://www.jergens.com/products/natural-glow/protect-daily-moisturizer.aspx

FALL MAKEUP TRENDS

The Cat Eye!

Insanely wearable, this wonderful fall trend calls for the sleek feline eyeliner look that's been on the catwalks of Salvatore Ferragamo, Michael Kors, Jason Wu and many more!

My favorite Makeup Artist Lisa Eldridge has a wonderful video tutorial explaining ste-by-step how to get your best cat eye ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxcWR9_1E9s

Textured Nails! Nude Nails! Oo La La!

Textured finishes are HUGE in fall! From fuzzy, to chunky, feathery, dotty and even matte, this is a massive step up from your basic shiny top coat. I'm going ga-ga over Hard Candy's Peach Pop nail color (I'm wearing it on my fingers AND toes!) which is a flattering soft peachy orange tone stuffed to the brim with round confetti pieces that make a bubbly, glittery finish that is way too cute to ignore!

http://www.hardcandy.com/beauty-nails/hc-nails-peach-pop/?cat=candy-sprinkles

joyluscious_hardcandy_peachpop.jpg

Nude Nails are so classy and appropriate anywhere, from the nicest office job to the sexiest lingerie party! Essie's Mamba is a soft neutral pink that will flatter -any- skin tone!

essiemamba.jpg

Raisin Lips!

Wine colored lipsticks and glosses are almost always on-point during the cooler Fall months, and one of my favorite shades is Too Faced's Le Creme lipstick in Divine Wine.

http://www.sephora.com/la-creme-P374933?skuId=1442342

too_faced_divine_wine.png

Fabulous Fairy Tip~~*When it comes to dark, sultry lip colors like these, it's almost always best to pair them with neutral or light eyeshadow colors. Let one feature be the focus of your makeup! So pair this with cream, gray or tan eyeshadow colors that won't drown out the shock value of these high impact colors!

FALL FASHION GUIDE 2013

Tweeds, Flannels and Houndstooth, OH MY!

GRAY. Gray is THE hot color for fall this season and it's EVERYWHERE, Alexander Wang and Reed Krakoff (and more!) featured many gray pieces that would easily incorporate into ANY wardrobe! For the budget minded fashionistas, boots, jackets and slacks are a fantastic way to introduce a new neutral into your wardrobe!

HVR2NdkAwTR28wows3K58AVcEExvoY5fgnprTEnE0ZNOUN41h2blt-hsy7AMq-4n37jittg1WgHNoVsEFYJfiUxxANAQAkpCSTz2O2JlsYUIWy7Vpg

845885879_260.jpg

womens-essential-wide-leg-trousers-heather-gray-2.jpg

Classic Prints are making a comeback! So break out that fantastic houndstooth jacket you've had in mothballs and dust it off! Remember, fashion is cyclical, and classic prints are back BIG TIME!

P12968191.jpg

So that's it for now, Fairy Fans, stay turned for more tips and tricks from your favorite makeup fairy, and remember, if you have any questions about this post or anything else, you can contact me here or anonymously through PMs! SMOOCHIES! :kiss:

Last edited:
Can you recommend a mascara that will add thickness to eyelashes and not smudge? I have long eyelashes, they just aren't as thick as I would like.

Thanks!:rose:

Can you recommend a mascara that will add thickness to eyelashes and not smudge? I have long eyelashes, they just aren't as thick as I would like.

Thanks!:rose:

Great question!

There are several amazing thickening mascaras out there in a range of prices but these are my personal two favorites!

L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black

Before and after:
voluminous3-300x118.jpg

D.V.J's Fiberwig

Before and After:
fiberwig.png

For extra smudge insurance, waterproof mascaras are the way to go!

Oooh, thank you! Much appreciated! I am also glad to see that gray is back. I'm not sure about cat eyes, but wine stained lips are always fun.

It's gonna be a fun fall! Thank you :rose:

What, if anything, do you know about Sugar Pill, Bitchslap and Medusa cosmetics? I'm big on high pigment, dramatic eye makeup, but am hesitant about Bitchslap and Medusa Cosmetics. I know Sugar Pill is expensive and don't want to make that leap unless I know they're solid. I also think to myself, when I'm surfing the interwebs, that you get what you pay for and BS and Medusa are low scale in regards to price.
I cannot find consistent enough info online about Medusa or Bitchslap to be confident enough to order online. I'm hoping you may know?

What, if anything, do you know about Sugar Pill, Bitchslap and Medusa cosmetics? I'm big on high pigment, dramatic eye makeup, but am hesitant about Bitchslap and Medusa Cosmetics. I know Sugar Pill is expensive and don't want to make that leap unless I know they're solid. I also think to myself, when I'm surfing the interwebs, that you get what you pay for and BS and Medusa are low scale in regards to price.
I cannot find consistent enough info online about Medusa or Bitchslap to be confident enough to order online. I'm hoping you may know?

I'm not a fan of Bitchslap cosmetics. The company has seen some serious controversy over the contents of their makeup, potentially hazardous paint that they use for their palette covers, and the cosmetics itself as some of them tend to have very unpleasant odors that some people (like myself) find objectionable.

Truthfully, I'm not familiar with Medusa cosmetics so I can't give you a totally informed opinion about them. I'll have to look into that line when my budget gives me some extra wiggle room. ;)

A great and much easier (and safer!) to get ahold of alternative to Sugar Pill or Bitchslap would be the Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo eyeshadows. They are pure pigments with serious color payoff and staying power that a drag queen would bow to, and they're about 7 bucks a pot, which is -extremely- affordable considering the incredible outtasight quality.

Check those out before you reach for Sugarpill or similar products. In my opinion, I'd happily pay twice what they're charging for them -because I like them THAT much!-

Sugarpill does have a much larger color range than the Color Tattoo line right now, but if you're just dipping your toe into the water, it's as easy as driving to your local drug store to get the Color Tattoo pigments. :)

Just here to share a :kiss:

:kiss::heart:

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Bitchslap cosmetics. The company has seen some serious controversy over the contents of their makeup, potentially hazardous paint that they use for their palette covers, and the cosmetics itself as some of them tend to have very unpleasant odors that some people (like myself) find objectionable.

Truthfully, I'm not familiar with Medusa cosmetics so I can't give you a totally informed opinion about them. I'll have to look into that line when my budget gives me some extra wiggle room. ;)

A great and much easier (and safer!) to get ahold of alternative to Sugar Pill or Bitchslap would be the Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo eyeshadows. They are pure pigments with serious color payoff and staying power that a drag queen would bow to, and they're about 7 bucks a pot, which is -extremely- affordable considering the incredible outtasight quality.

Check those out before you reach for Sugarpill or similar products. In my opinion, I'd happily pay twice what they're charging for them -because I like them THAT much!-

Sugarpill does have a much larger color range than the Color Tattoo line right now, but if you're just dipping your toe into the water, it's as easy as driving to your local drug store to get the Color Tattoo pigments. :)

:kiss::heart:

I read that about BS. Some of their pigments weren't rated safe for the eye. :eek:

I've got a few Color Tattoo, Infallible and L'Oreal's palettes. I find, even with my Smashbox primer, throughout the day, they crease.

I'm going to take the leap on Sugar Pill. I shall report back!

You're awesome!

I read that about BS. Some of their pigments weren't rated safe for the eye. :eek:

I've got a few Color Tattoo, Infallible and L'Oreal's palettes. I find, even with my Smashbox primer, throughout the day, they crease.

I'm going to take the leap on Sugar Pill. I shall report back!

You're awesome!

Sugarpill is highly rated! I'm sure you'll love them! Come back anytime if you have any other questions. :D

Can't believe I've never seen this thread before! Awesome.
I recently had C02 laser under my eyes to remove pre- cancerous lesions and the skin there hasn't quite recovered yet- still red and darker than the surrounding skin. I'm looking for an under- eye concealer I can wear over my emollient eye cream and my high SPF sun cream that won't settle into lines, smear off or clump. Any ideas?

Get this stuff off me!

apologies if this is a repeat of previous Qs.

Someone gave me a mascara as gift because I normally wear very little makeup at work and now that I mostly wear eyeglasses to work, she felt it her duty to do this. Whatever.

The mascara is great though, I love it. I cannot for the life of me get all of it off.
I've used oil-based removers, water-based removers, wipes, soap and water, removers for waterproof mascaras. ugh! All the removers do get some off-or even most I think at the time, but if I wash my face then or even later, I get all this black..blech all over my washcloths.

Ideas?

apologies if this is a repeat of previous Qs.

Someone gave me a mascara as gift because I normally wear very little makeup at work and now that I mostly wear eyeglasses to work, she felt it her duty to do this. Whatever.

The mascara is great though, I love it. I cannot for the life of me get all of it off.
I've used oil-based removers, water-based removers, wipes, soap and water, removers for waterproof mascaras. ugh! All the removers do get some off-or even most I think at the time, but if I wash my face then or even later, I get all this black..blech all over my washcloths.

Ideas?

I personally like to use extra virgin olive oil to take heavy eye make up off. Make sure the oil is good quality ;)

Just put some on a cotton ball/pad and carefully wipe away. It's gentle but as with anything, try not to get it in your eyes.

Can anyone suggest a fluffy powder puff? I've purchased three off of Amazon, but they all have very short nap. I want something really fluffy, but I can't tell from pictures. Any suggestions?

Back