Not exactly the Elf on the Shelf (closed)

Awnohr blushed and laughed, then held a single finger to her lips. She listened carefully, then nodded.

"Inprimu ranka valest," she replied, patting her stomach, "Apover usera depeekest," she added, reaching up and tugging at his beard, "Urmor trebus indepline lyophilic," she continued, making a circling motion at the clearance, "Apovon gason locdor," she added, pointing to the tree tops, "Sinfi alajun musasa isarute," she concluded, puckering her lips and giggling.

Awnohr stood up and, making a "follow me" gesture with her free hand, headed back toward the lake they ate breakfast at that morning.
 
Okay Jason tried to piece that one together as he followed her. The first one seemed basic enough. They were going to get food, or she was hungry. Basically something to do with food anyway. The next one was something to do with his beard though and he wondered what she meant. He must admit he had let it grow out while on the road. He had no time to shave as he had been told to travel as fast as he could to the area. Could that be it. Did the hill elves have the same preference for clean shaven faces as all their brethren. Elves were unable to grow beards or actually any facial hair and while some did enjoy the novelty it seemed Awnohr was not one of them.

The next sign had been a looping of the clearing, probably describing how open and exposed it was because she had then pointed to the tree tops, either describing how easily they could be spotted and spied upon or shot at. Considering her last gestures he decided it was spied upon.

He was slowly picking it up and if he could just pick up some common words he may be able to work out the basics. However if it was as complicated as Meij said he would never learn the actual language. Still as long as she understood him and he understood her gestures they would get on okay.
 
Awnohr tried to suppress the smile on her face but she could not help it. She felt absolutely giddy. And truth be told, she wanted to put everything aside and continue kissing! And to see where kissing led!

But she had other duties first, though it added to her giddiness that Jason shared these duties too, in the eyes of his people and hers. Still, they could take time for a meal and to do something about that beard before addressing those obligations.

As soon as they returned to the lake, she found the spot where she had buried the coals and supper. Baked fish and sweet roots! She presented these to Jason, along with a wine skin of young berry wine. She sat back on her heels, grinning in expectation.
 
Wow. Awnohr must have been pretty sure about them returning. She had already planned for supper and everything. She presented him with coal baked sweet roots and fish and the wine skin. He carefully broke the layer of clay on the fish and broke it in half revealing the fish perfectly baked and then dusted off the sweet roots and using his belt knife he cut off a piece and gingerly bit into it.

The taste was superb and he smiled and moaned in appreciation handing one to Awnohr, then trying the fish. He didn't know what herbs she had baked with it but it was so delicious his mouth immediately started watering for more. "This fish is the best I have ever tasted Awnohr. Where did you learn to cook?"

He took a drink and was surprised at the taste. "Berry wine. I have not had this for years. Although it is slightly different than I am used to." He handed it back to Awnohr and took another piece of fish. "You are a marvel. A great cook, a perfect scout and well," he blushed, " A great kisser too. Is there anything you can't do Awnohr?"
 
Awnohr blushed and ducked her head, rendered absolutely speechless. She didn't know what to say. But there was something she wanted to do.

She broke off a piece of fish and, very timidly, offered it to Jason.
 
Jason shyly leaned forward and took the offered piece of fish from her fingertips with his mouth. He smiled at her as he ate it, then picked a a piece off himself and offered it to her.
 
Awnohr shyly took the proffered bit, swallowed it, then giggled. She then fed herself another piece, looking smugly pleased with herself.

She left the rest of the food to Jason as she went to her pack and pulled a small bowl out. She went to the edge of the lake and filled the bowl with water. She reached into her bag again, pulling out a small pouch of white flakes, which she dumped into the bowl. Stirring the water and flakes with her hand, she soon produced a soapy foam.

Awnohr took a whetting stone, gave her knife a few swipes, then pointed at Jason. "Amdegand satefac sadestal," she smiled, brandishing the knife.
 
Jason ate his fill then looked at what Awnohr was doing. At first he thought she was just getting a bowl to wash her hands in, but when she produced her knife he knew exactly what she had in mind. Well it would not be the first time he had let someone else shave him. So when she pointed at him and held up her knife he smiled at her and nodded his head.

"Sure, You go right ahead and get rid of it. It will be nice to feel the sun and wind on my face again," he told her smiling.
 
She grinned, took a seat on a soft patch of moss, then patted a spot in front of her while continuing to swipe the blade of her knife on the whetting stone.
 
Jason smiled at her enthusiasm then decided he better take his jerkin off. The hood though good for camouflage while sneaking through the forest, would only get in the way while she shaved him, and as it was attached he had to loose the whole top.

he quickly shrugged out of it revealing his lean muscular torso and arms and the various scars and puckered wounds he had. None were too bad. He had several small scars on his forearms and shoulders from when he had been too slow to avoid a sword, and a puckered wound in his left shoulder from an arrow strike.

He sat down in front of her and presented his face. "Would you like me to face you or would you prefer me to lie in your lap. My old sergeant swears by that method. He says it is easier to shave a man if he is doing it the same way he would shave himself. The choice is yours though."
 
Awnohr's eyes widened as Jason removed his jerkin. She tentatively ran a finger across his collarbone, then snatched her finger back, giggling and blushing.

She listened to Jason's description with her head cocked to one side, then straddled his lap, facing him, keeping space between them.

"Akilucru stecopota," she assured him, as she began lathering his face.
 
Jason sat rock still and it was not because she had a sharp knife in her hand and was about to put it near his face and neck.

No it was because he had a beautiful woman sitting in his lap who he had been recently kissing, who he knew was absolutely stunning naked and he had not lain with a woman in some time.

He was afraid to move in case she began to rub any part of him and something began to grow.

The problem was, the more he thought about his dilemma the more a tingling began in that area and then he felt himself begin to harden.

Oh dear god no, he thought. Just breathe and concentrate on the shave. Breathe.
 
Awnohr scooted forward when she felt it. Even through her trousers, she felt it.

Her first reaction was to lift herself up in shock, because she knew exactly what the growing lump between Jason's legs was. Untouched she might be, but one does not walk in Nature without learning the facts about Nature. She knew Jason desired her. But more importantly, Jason cared for her. He wasn't just trying to rut with her. She had heard human males had no concern or control. Maybe that fact wasn't true. Or maybe Jason was different.

She raised herself off his erection, kissed him on the forehead, told him, "Dora safi almi," and settled back down on his lap and off his erection, finishing his shave.
 
Jason was mortified. He had not been able to control himself and Awnohr had felt his arousal. Not just felt but had been forced to move because of it.He blushed a bright crimson even as she seemed to pay it no mind and just rearranged herself on his lap so she was no longer sitting on it and then continued to shave him.

Just that simple act caused him to loose some of his rigidity and by the time she was finished he had almost brought himself under control.

"I am very sorry Awnohr. I did not mean for that to happen. You just surprised me by sitting there and the fact that you are so beautiful and desirable coupled with what we were doing earlier...I am afraid I lost control of myself a little. Just know though that I would never even think of doing anything to you that you do not wish. That part of a male has always had a mind of it's own and it always seems to get the rest of the body in trouble."
 
Awnohr said nothing as she listened to Jason, though she did turn a bright red at the end of his spiel. When he finished, she just smiled at him as she first ran her fingers lightly over his bare shoulders, then leaned over and rubbed her nose with his.

Laughing, she leaped off his lap, motioning for him to stay put. She grabbed two small pieces of cloth from her pack, dipping one in the lake. She paused, looking at the setting sun, and nodded to herself. Still plenty of time, she decided.

She again straddled Jason's lap, taking the wet cloth to clean his face, and the other one to dry it.

"Maybon," she pronounced, running her fingers lightly across his now smooth face. She then pulled his face down, fiercely hugging his face to her chest, her chin on top of his head.

"Sunta deglas vaflati invia tamea, rasJason," she declared happily.
 
Jason felt it as she washed his face. She had done an amazing job. he did not feel any stubble as she drew the cloth across his skin and when she dried him off all he could feel was a smoothness as the dry cloth caressed him.

When she declared 'Maybon' he figured it meant good and he was just about to raise his hand up to feel her handiwork when he was suddenly pulled face first into her ample chest.

He was not sure exactly what she said but he did hear his name but she had put an odd reflection on the front of it that he knew meant something, he just could not put his finger on what exactly it was. He knew he had heard it before or something very similar.

Still at the moment he was distracted by the feeling of her breasts pressed up against his face separated from him by the thin layer of clothing. In fact the cleavage part was actually pressed hard up against his nose and he found it difficult not to bury himself in further. He did however breathe in deeply of her scent and was surprised to smell a flowery odor coming from her even after all the exertions they had been through today. He smiled and surrounded himself to his fate even as he felt himself growing hard again.
 
Awnohr scooted back, giving Jason a chance to catch his breath. Her fingertips gently explored his face as she smilingly told him, "Suntfo arteno rocosa ainvi atamea, frumoJason." She so much wanted to explore kissing him again, but the time was coming close. Perhaps afterwards...

As if on cue, a wolf howled not too far away. Awnohr tilted her head back and gave a decent impression of the howl in reply. She scrambled off Jason's lap and picked up his top, handing it to him.

"Vinu!" she grinned. "Preteni saliati impotriv goblini melevin! Credka evorfi preteni taykuran!
 
Jason had sensed something as she had gazed into his eyes and stroked his face and if she was feeling anything close to what he was then they could both be in big trouble.

Then the howl of a wolf came and Awnohr was tilting her head back to answer it. Obviously it was a prearranged signal but he was impressed by the accuracy of the howls. That first one had sounded exactly like a wolf to him.

Awnohr jumped off his lap and handed him his top. Obviously they were expecting guest's and it would not look good if he was half naked when they arrived. He quickly donned his Jerkin again and then looked to her. From her words he picked up that whoever was coming had been doing something with the Goblins. Probably hunting them as she had been doing and was now meeting back up with her.Well he couldn't wait to meet them although their timing was a little off.
 
As Jason prepared himself, three wolves emerged into the clearing around the lake.

Three big wolves. Very big wolves. Mountain wolves that looked as big as a full grown man.

They were snarling. And looking at Jason angrily.

Awnohr stepped up fearlessly to the trio, admonishing them. "Comporva! Akastas tepritenul nostur! Elupta gobloni casini!"

The center wolf moved forward and snarled something. Awnohr looked stricken, as if receiving some terrible bit of news. Her face became resloved though. She stepped back and touched Jason in the center of his chest.

"Akest lukrust colagulm udafi. Intrel sicuman, vormolv akesta parodis omisedu goblini! Neduk lapakt!" The last two words were emphasized by Awnohr tilting her head back and howling, which the three wolves joined in. They still looked angry, but no longer angry at Jason. They turned and started slowly trotting off. Awnohr smiled encouragingly at Jason, made a "follow me" motion with her hand, and trotted into the wolves after the wolves.
 
As the wolves strode out of the forest Jason froze. Those things were huge, easily the biggest wolves he had ever seen by far. Hell they were almost as big as him and easily outweighed him by at least double. As they moved towards them they looked directly at him and started to snarl, angrily. Oh boy he was dead he thought.

Then Awnohr came to his rescue. She moved in front of him and began to chastise them. Then the center wolf snarled at her and even though her face blanched she just stepped back and continued to speak firmly ending her tirade with another howl.

The wolves howled with her and although they still looked angry it was more of a general anger. As they turned and trotted off Awnohr motioned for him to follow her and ran into the middle of the wolves following them. Jason shrugged and trusting her he jogged after her and ran beside her. Turning to look at her he grinned and then looked at the wolf on his right. It turned and looked at him with a dark look then looked forwards again. Well then it looked like he would not be making friends there anytime soon. He began to settle into an easy rhythm that he knew he could keep up for hours and followed along.
 
The wolves, Awnohr and Jason ran for about a half hour and then came bo an abrupt halt. The group came to a...not so much a clearing, but a thinning in the woods. And the group immediately found themselves surrounded by more wolves.

A few approached Jason in a hostile fashion, but the largest of the three wolves Jason had been running with snapped and snarled at the encroachers, and the quickly retreated from Jason.

Awnohr paid no heed, but headed immediately to a small group of bitches near the center of the pack. She knelt down in front of the largest one. The she-wolf just hung her head. Awnorh wrapped her arms around the she-wolf's neck, then tilted her head back and howled. It was a howl of despair, and the wolves around Awnohr matched it.

Awnohr stood up and walked over to Jason, tears running down her cheeks. "Goblini awlat toapu ilor," she said, gesturing at the pack. She held her hands as far apart as she could, and then brought them together to a foot apart.

And it became obvious. This time of year, there should have been at least half a dozen pups in a pack this size. But there were none to be seen.
 
Jason checked all around just to make sure but there was no sign of any pups in the whole clearing. Looking at the Bitches he could see nothing wrong with them so he could not tell why there would be no pups. It was no wonder the whole pack was so upset and uptight.

He held out his arms and gathered Awnohr into them and started to comfort her. "What has happened here. The Wolves should have their pups, they should be playing and having fun." He kissed her head and hugged her tight. "Ahh I know you can't tell me little one and that is what truly hurts. I want to help you fix whatever has gone wrong but if I don't know what that is, how am I to do so."

He kept her within his arms as he thought about what could have done something like this. The weather had not changed and as far as he knew the environment was still the same. It had to be the war then. Something was effecting them and it had to do with the fighting and he would say it had to be the Goblins. After all if this was a new thing the only thing that had changed lately was the arrival of the Goblins.
 
Awnohr gave Jason one last tight hug before breaking their embrace. She wiped the tears out of her eyes with the back of her hand and gave Jason a grateful smile before walking to the center of the pack.

She pointed at Jason, then at herself, before speaking in a tone that came close to a low growl.

"Kolegu lumu deafi ukis goblini! Amukis goblini! Pachetu ilakis goblini! Sanela inapo pullor sukid goblini!" With the last words Awnohr tilted her head back and howled, and the pack joined her. She brandished her dagger, pointed to the northwest and began trotting into the woods. The wolves began following her.
 
Okay that sounded very harsh and nothing short of a rallying cry. Now he was pretty sure that Goblini meant Goblin. It looked to him like Awnohr was leading the pack on a raid into Goblin country. Normally a good idea, but a bad idea to go in blind. Then as he drew his bow and rushed after her he looked around him. Blind, well they would hardly be that. He was surrounded by a pack of the best trackers he knew who would get wind of the Goblins miles before he would, and a woman who was just as good as they were.

He smiled and shook his head. Maybe he should just trust them and just try and keep up and try not to get in their way to much. He jogged up next to Awnohr and smiled at her as he showed her his bow and then smiled viciously ahead. It would be fun to hunt goblins with her and her pack. It was time to do what he was sent here to do.
 
The largest wolf in the pack snarled something, and an adolescent wolf began running close to Jason, matching his pace.

The woods began thinning out, and then came to an abrupt end, opening up to a clear bowl-like area. At the bottom of the bowl stood a goblin camp, made up of rough, animal hide tents. It was surrounded by a line of torches, with large, hulking goblins making patrols around the perimeter. The camp easily contained twenty to thirty goblins, and two tents near the center showed the presence of both a goblin captain and a goblin shaman.

A sharp eyed observer (such a human scout or a hill elf tracker) would have also picked up a wagon at the edge of the camp, with a rough wood cage inside it. Inside the cage could be made the shape of half a dozen wolf pups.

Stand just inside the woods and looking down at the goblin camp, Awnohr held her hand up for silence. She studied it for a moment, then stood up.

'Turama aki," she said, motioning for Jason to stay put. "Celupi vormerja akolo." She motioned at the wolves, then pointed to the left of their position. "Vomerja akolo." She pointed to herself, then to the right of their position. "Uva primi goblini sankarkati." She pointed at herself, then at the goblin camp. Then she pointed at the goblin camp, and swung her hand to point at Jason. "Apolupi silevo lovida hindus. Goblini ortis," she said with grim satisfaction, before turning back to Jason. "Potifak akestlu, lubmuJason?"
 
Back
Top