I need a new car

ms_ann_thrope

Resurrected
One that the wheels don't fall off of. I don't know where to begin. Color? I hate white. Black is hot. Red cars get pulled over. Gray cars get rear ended.

Do they come with tires?

After a frantic call from my son because something 'snapped' in his ignition, I am incredibly happy that I have a car that is 32 yrs old, and not a new-fangled, whiz-bang, bells n whistles automobile!
His ignition can't be removed from the steering column, so the repair will cost him close to $1500! :eek:
A new ignition switch for my car, which I can do myself quite easily, costs $17.

After a frantic call from my son because something 'snapped' in his ignition, I am incredibly happy that I have a car that is 32 yrs old, and not a new-fangled, whiz-bang, bells n whistles automobile!
His ignition can't be removed from the steering column, so the repair will cost him close to $1500! :eek:
A new ignition switch for my car, which I can do myself quite easily, costs $17.

Just paid $80 just to have a bulb switched in one of the headlights of wifey's car. Apparently you can't do it without disassembling part of the front and it took them almost half an hour to do that.

Once upon a time, not so long ago, you could replace a bad bulb yourself in a few minutes at a gas station without any use of tools...

Just paid $80 just to have a bulb switched in one of the headlights of wifey's car. Apparently you can't do it without disassembling part of the front and it took them almost half an hour to do that.

Once upon a time, not so long ago, you could replace a bad bulb yourself in a few minutes at a gas station without any use of tools...

Not only can I replace my own bulbs, but a few weeks ago I replaced both tail-light assemblies for under $100.
I do NOT want a new car!

One that the wheels don't fall off of. I don't know where to begin. Color? I hate white. Black is hot. Red cars get pulled over. Gray cars get rear ended.

Do they come with tires?

Perhaps it is wise to think it over car-fully before the purchase, and the color
how about midnight blue.
SĂ­ 5 tires, 2 in the front and 2 in the back, and the repuesto in the trunk.

The military trained me to repair just about anything you can imagine, and many times in Vietnam I went off in the night to start a truck or jeep broken down on the road somewhere. I had a canvas tool bag filled with the bare essentials.

But 45 years later its almost impossible to repair a car without a shop fulla specialty tools. So I use a young mechanic who owns a van filled with all the tools and test equipment, and comes to my house.

Are you looking at Subaru?
I suggest STRONGLY that you take any Subaru for a decent test-drive with the windows down a bit. They have the WORST wind-hammer I have ever experienced! At 45km/hr with the drivers side window down, it was enough to make all of us throw up!
:eek:
I will never get in one again.

Perhaps you should go for a pony-car....

3c66c361557e55e92dd21902323851a1-d513pt2.jpg

Are you looking at Subaru?
I suggest STRONGLY that you take any Subaru for a decent test-drive with the windows down a bit. They have the WORST wind-hammer I have ever experienced! At 45km/hr with the drivers side window down, it was enough to make all of us throw up!
:eek:
I will never get in one again.

People still drive with the window down?

The thread title would be an excellent start to a clever little parody.

Ishmael

I need a new car
One that will roll around
One that won leave me stranded,
one that don't make strange sounds.

I need a new car
one that steers straight
Won't leave me in a ditch,
won't get me there too late.

Ishmael

Do they come with tires?

Too bad I sold my '77 Plymouth station wagon, It was green.

I love my car! Her name is Bonnie Blue.
A Honda right? How 'bout "Honey Bonnie Blue"?

Haha... no.
All our cars have names.... the Big Girl, Lily, Rumpy, and the Limo.
Previously, I've owned Kermit, the Jaffa, the Little Whore and Stewie.
:)
The 'Little Whore' sounds interesting.

Anybody own a Rav4?
LT?

I need a new car
One that will roll around
One that won leave me stranded,
one that don't make strange sounds.

I need a new car
one that steers straight
Won't leave me in a ditch,
won't get me there too late.

Ishmael

My old Plymouth station wagon never left me stranded. It made strange sounds and didn't steer straight though. It had character. I miss it sometimes.

The 'Little Whore' sounds interesting.

She was a 1966 Ford Cortina sedan, hand-painted sky blue (and it showed!) that I bought for $100.
She used to wriggle the back end going around corners -a very definite wobble! - so, the name stuck.
:cool:

Back