Thirteen Months to Live (OOC)

The Jeffinator

Super Saiyan Blue
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Posts
8,365
In November 2018, astronomers everywhere were completely shocked to discover an asteroid the size of Texas approaching Earth at incredible speed. A panic set in among skywatchers at NASA and ESA, wondering how this space rock had gotten so close without anyone noticing. It seemed to defy reality. Many theories sprouted up immediately, some suggesting the asteroid had arrived to the Solar System through a wormhole.

Regardless of the "how" and the "why," this impending doom -- dubbed "Fjarnskard 2018" by the Norwegian ESA astronomer who first discovered it -- was barreling towards the planet. On January 14th, 2019, the asteroid just barely missed Earth, but part of the rock did break up and rain down over the Pacific Northwest of North America.

After this meteor shower, there were strange blue crystals left behind, which emanated a soft blue glow when touched, almost like a form of bio-luminescence. It was also soon discovered that these gems mutated those who were in close proximity, bestowing upon them various super powers and heightened abilities.

These chain of events led to an increased military and government presence in the region, a situation which then was made worse as NASA and ESA announced Fjarnskard 2018 was likely to circle around the Sun and slingshot towards Earth again in thirteen months, with a direct collision very likely. They estimated that in the first week of March 2020, the asteroid would make landfall and all life on Earth would be exterminated.

Our characters are some of these mutants that pop up after the meteor shower. This RP is the story of our last thirteen months on Earth and what we do during that time. Once we reach March 2020 in the RP, our stories will come to an end.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top