What's your safe word?

Maitta, it's "I yield" in aikid/judo. I also reserve the right to 'tap out" if my mouth is full. My most extreme play has been with other martial artist and we are trained to instantly respond.

I love it. And the more I read your posts, the more intrigued I am by you.

Haven't needed a safe word yet. Maybe I need to think of one that I'll remember if I need it.
 
my Safeword is ..... "safeword" easy to remember, simple, easy to understand.

we use few other code words too, like you have probably heard before, "yellow" meaning almost to much or need an adjustment. Red could be just right before the safeword, meaning something wrong but could go on if the problem is fixed.

sometimes if she wants to check on me while playing she might ask... "well?" I respond with a number from 1 to 10. this tells her she is on track or that she could do more or harder
 
I tweeted about this the other day. I said if you can't remember your safeword just shout "Glockenspiel!" Your dom/me is sure to stop just to ask you wtf you said that for.

OK, seriously: if the sub is gagged, have them hold something clattery so they can drop it in lieu of a regular safeword.
 
Teufel Hunden. That is MY safe word. No matter who the guy is, that is my safe word. Started with my ex-husband who was a Marine, and I use it with every guy I'm with, never change it, can never forget it if I need it. (It means Devil Dog, a nickname for the Marines that came from German soldiers during the Battle of Belleau Wood. Yes, I like history.)

I have only ever used it once...ever. And then it was followed with me punching the guy and calling him a name.

I have used my other safe "thing" many, many times. If I can't speak and I don't feel like blacking out or know if I can trust the guy enough to black out, I can tap out. It's the 3 dahs (dah dah dah) like in the O of Morse Code SOS. I can tap out on his knee or leg or arm or face or ass or bed or table or wall or really anything as long as the guy can hear or feel it, or both. Works well on skin for both.

I actually mention having something in addition to a safe word to my friends if it comes up. I don't tell the stories of having used it before. They can think I got the idea from a novel or something since they all think that 50 Shades thing is cool. Those books make them wet. My personal accounts would probably be too much for them. They can just keep thinking I'm a big flirt.
 
I have played with a number of people who have utilized the stop-light colors. Those are rather useful and straight forward. So they come in handy across the board.

The most extreme submissive I had ever scenes with, one that would go almost comatose and shake a lot if/when she went into sub space (which took one helluva beating to get her to), had only one "Mercy." I took it serious and she never used it with me. Love that girl like a weird mother, daughter, friend, subby amalgam.

I am going to make myself stand out from the norm here, as many safe words are often though to be more unidirectional- e.g. As the pyl uses it to prevent the PYL from getting too over the top. But I tend to use phrases like "No more of that," or something similar in rare occasions where what We were doing was not sitting well with me. I've only done it twice. Once was because I could tell the sub was intentionally misbehaving in order to make the scene unsafe, and the other time because my two herniated discs in my back acted up and I would have collapsed would I have kept going.

I have always like the term "Fahrvergnügen" and figured that would be quite an effective safe word.
 
Started with traffic lights, never seem to need them now..maybe we don't push hard enough any more
 
We use traffic lights as it seems to transfer easily when I bottom for others.

Green is a go.
Yellow is check in. He may just need to slow down or ease up. Or I need to shift or a rope is too tight etc...
Red is everything stops, immediately untied, begin aftercare.
 
Usually use the old but tried and true color system. But in the event my partner has her mouth full with me, a gag, something or someone else. We use a cat toy ball with a little bell inside for her to drop.

Bandicoot
 
Underwater, one rap on the side of the tub or on the outer thigh if we're in a pool.
 
I like to have my submissives use "mercy" as a rough equivalent to yellow. It doesn't break the scene, and it's a request. It leaves me, as the dominant, in a position to decide where the scene goes -- after all, sometimes the goal *is* to have tears streaming down their face, to provoke catharsis, or to have them endure an ordeal.

The local dungeons tend to use "safeword" as a call for help from outside the scene. As DMs, we don't always know what safewords have been negotiated between partners. However, having a house safeword when others are around (even if it's a house party), helps prevent confusion -- and helps either partner get help when they need it. (Yes, dominants get a safeword too!)
 
I like to have my submissives use "mercy" as a rough equivalent to yellow. It doesn't break the scene, and it's a request. It leaves me, as the dominant, in a position to decide where the scene goes -- after all, sometimes the goal *is* to have tears streaming down their face, to provoke catharsis, or to have them endure an ordeal.

The local dungeons tend to use "safeword" as a call for help from outside the scene. As DMs, we don't always know what safewords have been negotiated between partners. However, having a house safeword when others are around (even if it's a house party), helps prevent confusion -- and helps either partner get help when they need it. (Yes, dominants get a safeword too!)

I go the yellow, red route. Communication is of upmost importance and when a sub is flying high in subspace they can't always remember or access higher brain functions. This means that things that are easy to remember are fundamentally better then complexed phrases.

Additionally, I would add that as a D or M in the dynamic it's your responsibility to know what is SSC at any given moment in the scene. If your going to push limits fine but know what will bend and what will break. While repairing a broken doll can be enjoyable it's much better not to do the lasting harm type of breaking them. No one wants to force a psychotic episode or a DID disassociation on someone. In my opinion, raise you subs don't raze your subs.

Remember, Nailing someone to the wall might have just been then using a euphemism. So when you pull out a hammer.....That's why we have RED.
 
In my kink community, the traffic lights are used or "safeword".

In the event that someone can't speak due to a gag, or is covered up from head to toe such as last night, when there was a demo on mummification, the person had a cloth in his hand. If the cloth dropped, it was instantly over.

I've also seen bells used, a clacker like you use to train pets, and a squeaky toy.
 
Safeword is stop. He knows if I say it I mean it and if I said it too soon to fucking bad for me because play for the day ends.
Effective and simple.
 
Canoe

It's canoe, I remember telling this Leather Daddy what it was and he laughed and said I better never use it, and I never did LOL
 
This reminds me of a bit from 'Eurotrip' which is funny but wrong on so many levels.

evivbkj.gif
 
As I don't do pick up play with different people so I don't really use the traffic light ones as I yell red when when I mean orange, green when I mean red and just get horribly confused. So I tend to use:


I'm done is just before red so can have a discussion about whether to continue in another way or move to a warm down.

Could you please check XYZ if my hands, feet, position is getting very uncomfortable or something isn't feeling quite right.

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on (if doing a bratty scene and with pre negotiation and is more of an orange). It slipped out during play once and it just kind of stuck.

I have a squeaky pig which either squeaks or is thrown across the room.

Smurf Poo with one friend because we were doing a fun wax scene with blue wax and an uber Dom tried to give her lessons during the scene because we were not being serious enough, he left when I asked him if the wax looked like smurf poo so now it is our safe word.

Please, no, stop, I'm begging you, don't and tears are all green
 
As I don't do pick up play with different people so I don't really use the traffic light ones as I yell red when when I mean orange, green when I mean red and just get horribly confused. So I tend to use:


I'm done is just before red so can have a discussion about whether to continue in another way or move to a warm down.

Could you please check XYZ if my hands, feet, position is getting very uncomfortable or something isn't feeling quite right.

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on (if doing a bratty scene and with pre negotiation and is more of an orange). It slipped out during play once and it just kind of stuck.

I have a squeaky pig which either squeaks or is thrown across the room.

Smurf Poo with one friend because we were doing a fun wax scene with blue wax and an uber Dom tried to give her lessons during the scene because we were not being serious enough, he left when I asked him if the wax looked like smurf poo so now it is our safe word.

Please, no, stop, I'm begging you, don't and tears are all green

Lmfao at "Uber Dom". Some people are too serious, a scene is supposed to be a mesh of all sorts of things, eroticism, sexual tension, pain, pleasure, etc. But also fun.

Bandicoot
 
Back
Top