Working The Starways (Closed for Iscaa)

Sive couldn't get over how great it was to be a dire wolf. The feeling of freedom, the effortless way of eating up the miles as they traveled. She was also amazed at the array of smells in the air. Human sure lost out when it came to enhanced senses. Eyes in the dark, hearing, the list seemed to go on and on. Glancing over at Khan she lifted up her nose and caught what she believed was Nefer's scent or at least a cat's scent. She really had nothing to compare. Turning her head she glanced at Ki, "You have a nice scent too, everything has their own particular scent! It's like a fingerprint!" Khan grinned at Sive's exuberance but soon got back to the business of tracking Nefer. After awhile Sive asked,

"Do you think we will find her before it gets dark? I don't think we want to be out in this jungle with the kind of predators this planet is loaded with. In fact when we finally find her, I'm sure we won't have time to get to any kind of shelter. We will be on our own." Khan being cool and practical sent,

"I suggest we worry about shelter once we have Nefer back. One thing at a time. But your right, there will only be the two of us as protectors. Nefer and Ki are too small to be much good. But we will see what happens." He took a deep breath and increased his speed. He kept on thinking about the other scents around Nefer. Somehow they seemed familiar but no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't put his paw on it.

Meanwhile Nefer was still trying to figure out a way to get through to Zeek and Biff. They after all were still Dire wolves and that meant brothers to all other wolves. She concentrated on penetrating the wall that surrounded their minds. After some effort she finally slipped past the wall of Zeek's mind. She heard his thought to Biff, "Why are we bothering with this stupid cat creature? You said after we found and lead Khan here, he would be made one of us!"

Biff answered, "Khan will follow us just to have this creature back. We'll lead him to our savior's cave. He will handle Khan like he did us and like us he will gladly join the rest of his followers. Once we are all a part of his army, he said he would reveal his great plan of taking over the greater part of this forest. So let's keep going, we're not far from the cave now.
 
Last edited:
eventually, Zeek and Bif came to a cave, the sun was starting to set, but being a dia wolf, they could see as well in the dark as in the day.

Zeek entered carrying Nefer while Bif took guard.

Zeek wandered to the back of the cave passing several wolf-like creatures. He placed Nefer on the ground and then put his paw on her tail so that she couldn't run.

"You brought the cat, and your brother is following. Perfect, soon he will join us, and the cat will make a sweet snack."

Nefer swallowed hard; she had heard every word, "Excuse me?" she asked.

"What do you wish meat?" The voice replied.

"I wish to know who you are and why Zeek and Bif are helping you."

"They help me because I saved them. One bite, that's all it took. I can control all manner of wolves. I was enhanced with nanites, to improve my intelligence and to create a wolf army. I killed my captors and escaped. All the beasts are mine to control. I must admit, the Dia wolves are impressive, not the largest but almost as deadly as I am. So meet once your friend Kahn is bitten he will be mine and he will rip you apart to prove his loyalty."

Nefer gulped again; she saw several eyes watching her, "Bloody nanites," she thought hoping the wolves couldn't hear her. She concentrated, she could sense Sive and Kahn were getting closer, "Sive please its a trap!" she thought, but then she heard laughing.

"You can't worn them, not here. My nanites are superior to all others. I can block and read your thoughts. Zeek let the meat go."

Zeek obeyed lifting his paw, and Nefer ran, but after only a few steps she stumbled and fell pain in her head.

"Have I made my point? Good. I am Ourou, king of the wolves and you my little friend are mine."

Kahn and Sive were charging through te jungle, when Kahn suddenly stopped, he peered through the brush and spide the cave and two wolves outside. "Bif?" he said out loud. Bif turned and growled. Kahn sniffed, something wasn't right, he didn't smell right, something had altered his DNA.

"Is that your brother?" Sive asked.

"It was, now I'm not so sure," Kahn replied.
 
Holding up her arm, Sive stood still for a few minutes. She found she was able to know the minds of the wolves and Nefer inside the cave without any of them having a clue of her incursion. She was able to get the gist of the conversations within and found that there was only one entity in charge. It had been enhanced with nanties and had a agenda all it's own. She started to produce a potent set of neutralizing nanties. Glancing at Ki she whispered,

"Ki go climb a tree, things are going to get a bit rough and I want you safely out of the way." She then turned to Kahn again whispering not using thoughts to him, "These wolves all have been bitten by one called, Ourou, he is evil and controls them all with his nanites. There is no time for further explanations now. I am going to give you some neutralizing nanites that I am producing as I speak. They will replicate rapidly. We have to attack Biff and that other creature and bite them. The nanites in their bodies will replicate rapidly and neutralize and then destroy them, leaving the creature as he once was. Biff will then remember you as his brother. The other creatures in the cave will still be dangerous, but not controlled by Ourou who by the way I think might be insane! He must be destroyed. There isn't that many creatures in the cave right now, so let us act swiftly. Kahn you take Biff and I will take the other one. Let's go!"

The two of them quickly moved towards the cave under cover of the shrubbery and when they got close enough Kahn leaped silently onto Bill biting his shoulder as he used the rest of his body to sit on Biff's head, so he wouldn't cry out. Sive did the same, only biting the ear of the wolf-like creature and she too sat on his face. In seconds both animals relaxed, signaling to Sive and Kahn they wouldn't attack them if they let them loose. The strange wolf got up and ran off into the forest, while Biff shook his head and was about to speak when Sive shook her head in the negative. He nodded, keeping silent. Sive quietly whispered,

Kahn, Ourou can hear wolf thoughts, just not mine. So I will give all instructions and you obey for now. Indicate to Biff to follow us, now we will rush into the cave, you and Biff take care of the others, I intend to go after the leader. I sense there is less then six altogether. Bite and go after the next one, so they are taken by surprise. I suspect Zeek is there, go after him first. OK...let's do this!"

Seconds later the three of them rushed into the cave. Sive had been right, they couldn't read her mind, just the wolves. They started attacking and biting. The first few never saw it coming, but by the last ones, they fought with everything they had. Biff and Kahn battled for their lives. They were soon joined by Zeek.

Meanwhile Sive zeroed in on the leader known as Ourou, who she found at the back of the cave. It was evil looking with red eyes and a mean snarl. It was also very large. Sive knew she was in for the fight of her life with this enemy. He had been heading out a side tunnel when she saw him. Leaping for him she fell onto his back and tried biting his ear, it was very very tough. They rolled around and she tried for his soft throat. No luck there either. Sive started to realize she was probably in trouble. This creature was something she had never imagined, tough as nails, and just as deadly. It laughed at her as she struggled, it had bitten her. Her nanites battled his at the same time.

Suddenly Sive saw Ki come into view, she had jumped up on the wolf's back and ran up to it's head and over its eyes towards the big snout. She opened her mouth wide showing sharp fangs and bit down hard on the rubbery nose. Then she quickly jumped off running towards a small crevice in the wall. To her surprise she found a hissing Nefer backed in as far as she could. The two small creatures watched as the last of the fight wound down.

The creature howled loudly giving Sive time to shake some of her saliva at his face. Some of the spittle landed on the cuts on his nose. Smoke curled out of the wound as she moved back from him. He had forgotten her and now was fighting at himself.

All was quiet now. Sive glanced around to see only Kahn, Biff , Zeek and Ki in the cave. The rest of the wolf creatures seemed to have run off once Ourou's control was lost. Sive looked once more at the creature, he was laying on his side, much smaller and breathing heavily. She moved towards it and was in time to see that it was just a ordinary wolf creature from this planet. It's nanites were gone, she didn't get any thoughts from it. In a few short minutes it's breathing slowed and then stopped. She felt sad, it must have gone through some terrible kinds of experiments and been changed too much to survive without the nanites.

The three Dire wolves got reacquainted as they emerged from the cave. Ki and Nefer came out of hiding and both jumped into Sive's arms. She had reverted to her human form once Ourou had died. Sive held Ki in her arms and thanked her for saving her life before looking down at Nefer and asking, "Are you alright? We were certainly worried about you. Nefer replied,

"I knew you would come for me, I just had to stay alive." Sive hugged both small creatures and glanced out of the cave entrance. Seeing that it was dark outside, Sive said,

"Looks like we should stay the night in this cave. Let's get some dry wood and I will start a fire at the entrance to keep the night creatures at bay. Tomorrow we need to start our search for Murdock."
 

Attachments

  • Ourou.jpg
    Ourou.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The fire had log burnt out, but the wolves had let Sive and Nefer sleep. Nefer was curled around her neck, Ki was out getting food, and it was Kahn's turn on watch.

Biff walked back into the cave greeting his brothers with a sniff, but Kahn knew something still wasn't right with Biff and Zeek. Both had died. Had someone or something brought them back to life or was it him that had changed so much that he now didn't recognise his brothers. Azril had injected him with something. That had to be it.

Now they were back together Kahn could hear their thoughts again, but it wasn't the same as when they had grown up or when thay had worked together before this place. He couldn't put his paw on what was wrong.

"Oooogla."

A voice came from outside of the cave, how had Kahn missed the approaching sents of two humans. All three wolves got up and growled, as Darla and Brant entered the cave.

"Well you are a sight for sore eyes," Darla said with a smirk walking Sive up.

"Darla, how did you find us?" Sive asked as she stretched.

"Ogaa, ogaa, ooooga!" Brant started shouting, then punched himself in the chest.

Darla stared daggers at him, making him quiet. "Just because she is naked doesn't give you the right to make such a fuss."

Sive suddenly realised her lack of clothes and tried to cover herself up.

"Whats wrong with being naked," Biff and Zeek both thought to Kahn.

"It's a human thing," Kahn replied.

Sive turned around, flushing with embarrassment.

Darla was smirking from ear to ear. "Brant, Darling could you go get a loin cloth and a bra for my friend."

"Okeey" Brant said, before slowly leaving the cave, with a few glances back.

"It's a new look for you Sive, new hair, and a sexy body. If I looked like that, I might stay naked too." Darla said trying not to laugh. "But Brant made these for me." She gave a twirl showing off her furry bra and loincloth which Sive thought wasn't really long enough.

Sive sat down covering herself, with a look of disdain.

"To answer your question I found this, and Zark repaired it, " she showed a round device with a glass screen there was a flashing dot in the middle. "One of those bounty hunters had it on them. A few days ago it started beeping, and I followed the closest dot, and it led me here. I asked Zark to stay at base camp and try and get a ship working so we can escape."

Sive studyed the device. "Somthing that can track my nanites?" she thought to herself. There was another dot on the edge of the screen. "That must be Murdock," Sive said, looking at the flashing dot. "We got separated in the storm."

Kahn slowly walked over and sniffed Darla, she smelt the same as she always did, and she scratched him behind his ears.

"Well at least you are being friendly, " Darla said to him then looked at Bif and Zeek, "Where did you find two more Dia wolves, though your pack were wiped out."

"So did we but Bif and Zeek were still alive," a voice echoed in Darla's head. She spun around, drawing her knife.

"Who said that!" She shouted.

"I did Nefer thought to her." before walking over and rubbing against her leg. "Sive now trusts you so you can hear me."

"The cat can talk?" she said looking a bit shocked.

"I told you she could," Sive replied finally smiling.

Darla suddenly realised what Nefer had said, "What do you mean you trust me now?"

Sive glanced away, "Well you are a pirate, and my lover's ex so maybe I didn't fully trust you."

Darla shrugged. "So what, and you can keep Murdock, he was fun but not as good as my new man."

"I have seen your new man, he is huge but just a cave man, at least Murdock can talk back," Sive replied.

"That's a good thing, no arguments and he does what he is told, though sometimes I have to explain what I want to be done. I have taught him a few words. He is a man of action, and he is very obliging in everything he does."

"Well Murdock now has nanites so he can change his shape and size," Sive said bragging, knowing Murdock had never tried that.

"Really?" Darla asked looking impressed and Sive wished she had not told her that.

"Maybe you can compare men later," Nefer said, and both Sive and Darla laughed. The Wolves looked confused but decided to stay quiet, sitting in the corner.

"True Nefer, once Brant gets back we will track down Murdock," Sive said with a smile.

"I will go find Brant. You need something to cover up." Darla said, with a smirk before leaving the cave.

"They are going to mate again, and if she does what she was thinking about, it will take a while." Nefer thought before Ki suddenly returned dragging a bunch of bananas into the cave.
 
Sive was surprised when both Darla and Brant walked into the cave. She was glad to see humans again, but these two? Well they would all have to make the best of it. Sive was not happy with herself when she thought about how she let Darla get into "The who had a better man contest" and had said too much about their changing ability, but it was done now. All four of them together would survive this planet much better then singly, so she thought to make at least partial friends with the woman. As for Brant, he was probably their best bet when it came to knowing all the dangerous beasts and even plants on this planet. She hoped he brought her some covering of sorts soon. Although she'd rather he oggle Darla then her.

When Darla handed her the devise that tracked them here, she looked it over hoping that the blinking dot was Murdock and that he was alive. He must be or the dot wouldn't be there. She sighed as Ki came into the cave lugging a big bunch of what looked like bananas only they were pink and two lobbed. Sive asked, "Ki those are some pretty weird looking fruits you have there. Are you sure they aren't poisonous?"

Ki dragged the fruit the last few feet and dropped them at Sive's feet. Looking hurt Ki replied, "Of course these...chi chi are eatable, otherwise I wouldn't bring them to you." She glanced at Nefer and sniffed a little.

Nefer chuckled and said, "Ki don't be so sensitive, these humans ...well that is the way they are. Buck up little friend."

Sive glanced at the two of them feeling like an ogre, " Ki ..I'm sorry here give me one of those pink things! I'm starving!" Ki took one and peeled it for Sive before handing it over. The flesh was pale pink and when Sive took a bite, her eyes sparkled in delight. All she could say was, "Mmmmmmm" as she devoured it.

Suddenly they all hear a howl echo into the cave and realized that Darla and Brant will soon be back. Sive took another fruit and munched away on it as she hoping that Brant had have found something to cover her lady parts with.

Meanwhile Darla slid down the tree trunk that Brant had been holding her against as he pounded repeatedly into her. She had at least three climaxes before he had his and howled for everyone to know it. She thought, "Oh man this guy is one in a million but I don't know if I am going to get to old age at this rate."

A few minutes later Brant readjusted Darla's loin cloth, picked her up along with the other two pieces of apparel for Sive and marched back to the cave. He put his darling Darla down on some bedding and walked over to the other woman, "Oggaa...oooo" He dumped the furry things on her lap as she held a piece of fruit in her hand, juices dripping down her chin. He wanted to lick it off, but glanced back at his woman and thought better of it.

Picking up what was left of the banana-like fruit he took it to Darla, peeled one and fed it to her grunting, "Eat....woman!"

Sive chuckled to herself as she tried on the small bits of what passed as a bra and loincloth. The loincloth barely covered her buns but it was better then nothing. It was spotted and soft like earth rabbit fur that she had seen in a museum once on planet Zort. She glanced back at Brant thinking, "He is rather a handy man to have around."

Feeling better now that she wasn't totally naked Sive announced, "As soon as your all ready, let's get a move on and go find Murdock!"

Darla took the last bite of fruit as Brant slowly licked the juice off her chin. Licking his lips he glanced at Sive and grinned. Sive frowned at him, whispering, "You cheeky bugger!" As if he knew what she said he laughed and picked up Darla and followed the wolves out of the cave. Sive, Ki with Nefer on her shoulders came out of the cave checking the devise she held in her hand. She pointed to the west and said, "We need to go in that direction!" They fell into file with Sive in the lead.
 
Last edited:
It was a hard and slow walk, Sive was wondering how Murdock had made such good progress as for the last hour she had been walking up to her new bra in dirty water. Ki and Nefer were keeping to the trees. Kahn had tried that too, but the spindly branches didn't support the Dia wolves weight, so all three had been swimming and were all getting tired.

Darla sat on Brant's shoulder, looking like a queen with just her feet touching the water.

"Rest," Brant said, he didn't need one but knew he everyone else did and soon.
Stopping in the swamp was not a good idea.

"Look out!" Nefer suddenly echoed in everyone's head. Some kind of giant bug was Charging across the water.

"Gandom" (It's a Gandom. a poisons bug that states over the water but can't swim) Brant shouted, as he grabbed his club and started splashing the water trying to keep it away, but it jumped in the air hovering over the choppy water.

"How do we kill it!" Darla shouted while trying to get behind Brant without touching the water.

"Get it wet!" Ki screamed in Sives mind. "They can't swim only float."

"Get it wet!" Sive shouted to the others but it was too late, the bug had landed and was shooting across the water straight at Brant. He swung his club but missed, the creature biting his arm making him Drop it.

"Brant!" Darla shouted before Brand grabbed her leg, and swung her like his club.

Darla hit the top of the bug forcing it under the water with a huge splash. Brant them picked up the soaked woman and placed her back on his shoulder.

Sive stood there not knowing whether to laugh at the drenched Darla or ask her if she was alright.

Brant grabbed his floating club, hiding the bite. "Got im," he said with a smile before Darla spat out a mouth full of swamp water and then started hitting him on top of his head, shouting every swear word she could think of.
 
As Darla sat on Brant's broad shoulders, she couldn't help but glance over at the soaking Sive giving her a smug smile. She was trying....really trying to like the woman, but holy noodle her superior attitude just got her blood boiling. She hoped some kind of water bug would attach itself to her leg and bite her...just a little! She knew that wasn't nice, but didn't care! She had all the animals on her side plus the damn Captain whenever they found him. She looked down on the top of Brant's head and rubbed it, knowing she had a odd but great guy. He grunted as she rubbed his head.

Suddenly she heard Nefer shout, "Look out!" Darla looked around and saw a huge icky green bug heading straight for them. The thing was humongous...like the size of Khan and it was skimming effortlessly across the water. It looked like a half crab half spider hybrid. Brant shouted, "Gandom" and started swinging at it with his club, as soon as it came within range. He knew how dangerous a bite from this creature could do to a person.

Darla hung on to Brant's forehead while shouting, "How do we kill it?" She heard Ki shout, "Get it wet!" when Brant swung his club again. He missed and gave out a small grunt of pain. No one noticed.

In all the hub bub, Brant grabbed Darla by the ankle and swung her onto the top of the Gandom. It knocked the breath out of her but the bug went under the water. She did too. She came up sputtering and coughing the green swampy water out of her mouth. She looked up at Brant who gave her a guilty ...sorry look as he gently picked her up and placed her back onto his shoulders. Instead of looking like a queen, Darla now looked like a dripping wet green rodent.

As the group tried to get their wits back, Ki shouted, "I can see the end of the swamp, let's get out before anymore Gandom come for us." Darla couldn't help but wonder how that funny little creature could speak such good English. Then she heard Sive, "It's the nanites, maybe we should give a few to your apeman, he would be able to communicate with us so much better. As for you, I gave you a few a while back and that is why you can hear the animals." Darla glanced at Sive and snarled,

"Bitch...you stay away from my man, or you will regret it....big time!" The two woman glared at each other as they all headed in the direction that Ki had pointed. Luckily it was where the devise indicated that Murdock was to be found.

Darla heard Brant give out a small moan every once in a while but ignored it thinking, "He is just tired and needs to rest....we all need to rest. As seen as we get out of this stinking swamp!"

Twenty minutes later Sive, Brant and the wolves dragged their wet and tried bodies out of the swamp and lay down on some dryish marsh grass. Ki and Nefer arrived soon after. After some minutes, Darla sat up, she had a nagging feeling. Reaching her arm out she giggled Brant, "Hey big guy, you alright?" He didn't move. That is when she saw his arm and screamed!
 
Brant lay there, motionless, clinging on to life by a whisker. Darla looked at the Gandom Bite, Red and inflamed, all the veins in Brant's arm had turned black. He let out a quiet gasp, proving he was still alive even though Darlla couldn't feel a pulse.

"Brant? Honey? Please wake up."

Sive opened her eyes when Nefer alerted her to the problem, and she sat up.

"Sive please, help him!" Darlla begged

She rushed over and saw the bite and what it was doing to Brant's body. She placed her hand on the wound, trying to get her nanites to help heal him, but the nanites refused to enter Brant's body.

"Gandom bits fatal," Ki said, "No antidote known."

Darlla started to sob uncontrollably, as Sive cut her own hand allowing her blood to drip into Brants wound, but the poison flowing through him neutralise the nanites in mear seconds.

"I... I can't help him," Sive said feeling powerless,"

Zeek used his nose to push against Brant, and slowly he opened his eyes.

"Brant, you scared me," Darla said as she hugged him.

"I love you," Brant replied, before going limp and closing his eyes.

"Brant? Brant! Please, you big lug don't do this, your a big strong man... you can't die, I just found you."

Brant stayed still, and Darla cried.

All three of the wolves howled, and Sive wiped her eyes looking at their fallen friend.

Darla suddenly got up, anger brewing inside of her, "Damn this place, and damn you Sive, you should have saved him.

Sive looked down, this was the first time her nanites had failed her, and Brant had paid the price.

"I have never known a toxin my nanites couldn't adapt to," Sive said trying to explain, but Darla didn't care.

"You think your so superior don't you. I'm just a pirate and a pilot. Not like you. You're a scientist, IQ in the high hundreds. You made those Damn Nanites didn't you, You injected them into you, and now your being hunted by bounty hunters and the scum of the universe. You're a fool, and you cost Brant his life, being so arrogant. You have even bewitched Murdock." Darla let out a short laugh, "You stole him from me, and I know Murdock. He would never have been attracted to you if it wasn't for the Damn nanites. Remember that when next you're fucking him. Your nanites bewitched him and changed him to find you attractive; They are insidious. They changed the animals to didn't they made them your pets. I don't think the Dia wolves were programmed to your DNA when we first met them! They are in me too, aren't they? That's how I can talk to the stupid cat."

"I'm not stupid," Nefer thought, but Darla ignored her.

Sive let Darla rant, partly because it was making Darla feel better and partly because she was right. She had been arrogant, and the nanites had changed her, not only her appearance but her confidence, not only her abilities but her personality. What had she created? was she her own Frankenstein?

Darla finished her rant with a slap. Sive hadn't realised Darla was walking towards her. Darla turned and ran back to Brant's side, while Sive rubbed her cheek.

All this trouble and all the deaths because of her. Jason had paid the price, as had Murdock's Crew, and now Brant. She bit her lip trying not to cry, was Murdock, Darla, Kahn and his brothers Ki or Nefer also going to die because of her?

Was it her destiny to have death follow her?

She looked at Brants Dead body as a Tear rolled down her cheek.
 
After what seemed like many hours, Sive and Darla looked at each other and sighed. All that needed to be said had been said for now. They needed to bury Brant and move on. Darla knew that more then anyone, being the more practical one. She got up and wiped the last of her tears away and said,

"Right ...enough crying we need to ...we need to bury him and move on." It was so hard to say these words, another tear formed. She looked at Sive, "I don't know if I can say goodbye....I really don't think I can."

Sive slowly walked over to the women that she had never liked and put her arms around her. She didn't say anything knowing there was nothing to say. Gradually Darla put her arms around Sive and they both wept for long minutes. Finally Darla straightened up and announced, "Enough...enough, Brant wouldn't want us to carry on like this forever. We need to bury him somehow, find the Captain and leave this horrible planet."

For the next couple of hours the humans and animals brought rocks of various sizes and put them carefully on top of Brant's body. When he was totally covered they said their goodbyes except for Darla. They left her alone and moved away so she could have some privacy.

Darla looked down at the big pile of rocks and whispered, "You big lug...why did you have to get yourself killed? I love you...and for me that is huge. I never loved anyone before. You are the best man I have ever had the luck to come across...and that is saying something since I have been all over the galaxy. I don't expect I will ever meet another man like you. I need you to know...I will never ever forget you. Where ever your great spirit is, be happy."

With those last words she turned and walked over to the others waiting for her. Once together they walked into the jungle following the devise's signal.
 
Sive looked down at Brant's knife, which Darla now carried. She held it so tightly as if it held Brant's soul and if she loosened her hand it would somehow escape.

Even though it had not been her fault, she felt guilty about his death, and the fact Darla obviously had stronger feelings for him than she had ever let on.

Now they were out of the swamp they were making good time. Burying Brant had meant Murdock's blip had vanished off the tracker, but it had reappeared and now they were gaining on it.

Sive was thinking if she changed into a Dia wolf again she and the other wolves could catch him quickly, but she didn't want to leave Darla. She was also wondering why Murdock had travelled so far, why had he not realised he was heading away from them?


Azril looked back from the top of a hill. Her enhanced eyes allowed her to see the small group that was following her and she scoffed that Sive had obviously never used the nanites like this. "They have a tracker. Excellent, I won't have to find her when I'm ready."

She started down the hill heading for a large structure, which Azril's nanites had shown her would have the equipment to not only boost the manufacturing process of the nanites in her body but also should have the equipment to remove the nanites from Sive and give her the power to take control of the Dia wolves.

The others wold die after they watch her become a god.
 
Many hours had gone by when suddenly the rocks that buried Brant began to move. Just a few at first then more until one of his hands burst out. It didn't take long for the rest of the caveman to thrust the rocks aside and sit up. His skin was gray and his eyes vacant. The virus had been living in the swamp for millions of years. Over time it had evolved from feasting off of dead creatures to taking over the body. At first it moved the flesh as it was known to the edge of the swamp so it could digest it in peace. Away from other creatures. Then slowly it was able to use the bodies to get around and go further away then just the swamp. In this way the virus had been able to slowly spread to different areas of the swamplands.

Brant was no more, the virus now used his body to follow the beings, the intent was to get into another body, travel further and reproduce. It was able to tract the warm blooded creatures by smell, but wasn't able to travel quickly as the body took a lot of coordinated effort from billions and billions of the virus.

Brant as a being was gone, but his nervous system still worked somewhat. His brain still had the remnants of his feelings for Darla. He would save her if he could from the virus.
 
Last edited:
Azril had found the lab and had sealed herself inside; She had found the device she had sought a neural electrode, with some simple modifications it would now stimulate the nanites replicators, doubling their reproductive cycle.

She placed her hand on the security panel, and it powered up. It showed Sive and the other woman outside. Azril smirked before she fell to her knees in pain. Murdock was still fighting her.

"Enough!" she said out loud. she would have to find a way to silence this pirate once and for all.

She could use the equipment here to extract Sives Nanites, place them in her new body. Then the Dia wolves would be hers.


Brant slowly walked on. He could sense where Darla was and was heading right for her. He didn't want to hurt her, but his body wasn't reacting right, and his thoughts were foggy. Why was it so hard to think? He would be with his beloved soon, and anyone who stood in his way would feel his wrath.
 
Sive looked at the strange building. It was almost perfectly camouflaged. "Some sort of look out or a hidden lab?" she asked herself.

"This dangerous place, not come here," Ki warned, but the scanner showed Murdock was inside.

"Over here!" Darla called, she had found a door, she gripped the knife tightly. She had been trying to hide her thoughts concentrating on her grief, but now she knew what she wanted to do. She was going to kill Sive!

Sive walked over seeing the door and placed her hand on the panel, he ninates instinctively pushing the right buttons, and the door slid open.

Darla was right behind her. She raised the knife, knowing it would kill this bitch, it had Brant's blood on the blade, something her nanites couldn't fight.

"No!" Neffa thought a warning as Darla swung the blade.
 
Nefer's eyes went wide as she realized what Darla had in mind. A fraction of a second later Nefer shouted ..."No!" as she watched Darla raise the deadly knife to Sive's back. Sive turned just in time to knock the knife out of Darla's hand. Darla snarled, "I'm going to kill you..no matter what!"

The two women arms tangled as they went down to the floor at the entrance to the building. Long minutes passed as they struggled and screamed. Sive tried to defend herself, and not hurt Darla. The woman was in enough pain as it was. Ki, Nefer and the wolves could do nothing but watch the humans.

Suddenly a familiar voice shouted, "Enough....Sive.... Darla....Enough!"

Both of the women stopped momentarily. There stood Murdock with a angry frown on his face.

Meanwhile Brant drew nearer to the humans. The virus in his body trying to control his movements so they would not be aware of his advance. He didn't smell human anymore...more like swamp and dirt. That is why the animals didn't have any warning of the approach of the deadly thing.

All attention was focused on Murdock!
 
Murdock ushered, Sive and Darlla in. "If you stop trying to kill each other I will show you what I have found."
Begrudgingly, Darlla let shive get up. She offered her her hand, but Sive slapped it away preferring to get up on her own.
Neffer was staring at Murdock wondering why she could no longer read him.
Ki sat on Kahn's shoulders, while the other Dia wolves both let out a low growl.

Murdock followed Sive and Darlla into the structure but before any of the animals could move the door slammed shut.

Neffer's mouth dropped open, her link to Sive severed. "Kahn, can you sense Sive?"
"No, they are gone," Kahn shouted as he charged into the door trying to break in.

Neffer picked up the knife in her mouth, "Ki, get me to the roof," she ordered, taking control. "Sive is rubbing off on me," she thought.

Inside Darla and Sive were in awe, looking at all the advanced technology, "Zark would live it here," Darlla joked, but Sive suddenly looked back towards the door, ignoring her. "Well if you are going to be a bitch." Darlla frustrating said but Sive looked worried.

"Iv lost contact with the others," she whispered.
 
Back
Top