The China Pearl Inn (part 5)

Lol. I must get to bed. It's 0010 hours here I'm up in just over 5 hours then 3 hour drive back to base. Thanks for the drink CG. :kiss:
 
I was never able to establish any lasting relationship while I served. There were too many teary goodbyes, too much uncertainty, too much friction between my commitment to the US Army and any commitment I might make to a woman. But I also acknowledge that I didn't try very hard. That was my choice and I will admit to some regrets. A nice strong drink will help me forget CG. Make it a double.
 
A little Jameson 1780 Brw. A touch of thee Irish on a night fought with memories?
 
Jameson will surely hit the spot CG. I think I'll take a seat by the fire and jot down some thoughts. I can't dwell on what might have been. I am weary from my labors and you may find me in my favorite chair in the morning.
 
Pops into the inn via the UK door while drinking her coffee in the real world and sees two of her favourite cyber friends sleeping by the fire. She gently plants a :kiss: on each forehead and whispers:-

"Thanks for your great support you two. I'll catch up with you later in the day."

Fades back to the real world, finishes her coffee, kisses Mr Darcey on the head and collects her bags ready for the journey back to base.
 
*Tapping on the door and glancing in, with fedora in hand*

It has been literally years since my last visit. I'm usually a word/geography/ miscellaneous goofball. I will likely often still be that guy.

I'd like a place to call home here. cg, and crew of 'regulars', hope you don't mind if I come on in to have a drink on occasion and get to know some of you all.
 
Not at all Artofromance, welcome back, sit down and relax..........now what can I get you?..........What have you been up to Sir?
 
Thank you. Time does funny things in the Inn if I remember correctly. At any given instant of time here you've got guests simultaneously eating any of the days 3 meals or potentially yawning from a day's end or yawning as in greeting to a new day. *yawwwnn*

I am of the waking guests here now, so a cup of Java if you please, black and keep it coming.

Nothing to exciting to report about me or my village. Just nice to visit here again and soak in the interesting atmosphere that often exists here.
 
I slide a steaming mug of coffee over to our wayward adventure

Yes we do have a habit of serving multiple time zones so I fear I never know if I am coming or going or even bumping into myself Sir.:D
 
I slide a steaming mug of coffee over to our wayward adventure

Yes we do have a habit of serving multiple time zones so I fear I never know if I am coming or going or even bumping into myself Sir.:D

Like here it's nearly midnight. Hopefully tomorrow I'll take on Phoo Ming :devil:
 
Must be coming up on midnight G G.

I am Sure Phoo Ming would love to see you again. It hhas been a long while sense you visited.
 
Off to bed young lady.

a firm swat on a very firm derriere to send G G on her way

Now off to bed G G :rose::kiss:
 
Wanders in to the inn via the UK entrance. Feels tired but fulfilled after a very long day in which the Army was blessed by the arrival of another 25 new girl soldiers

May I have a V&T on the rocks, black olive please CG. And what you're having. It's near midnight here but I feel very proud tonight and need a quick drink before bedtime.
 
One V&T on the rocks, with a black olive G G and I'll have a Jamison's neat.;)

I fix our drinks and slide G G 's to her.

You should be very proud of your young Ladies G G.

I raise my glass

To your Chicks and their adorable mother Hen. Well done all.;)
 
Morning to any who may be about.

I place my skis into the closet under the Inn's stairs. Another skiing season comes to an end. A smile bows my lips. 20 April not a bad season and still 1foot and a half to four feet of snow on the trials and the mountain 79% open terrain.


0420150924.jpg
 
Last edited:
Sorry I can't keep you company. Linking up with the Navy tomorrow - need my beauty sleep lol.

Heard from my man. He's fine, missing me and I'm missing him.

Love you CG :kiss:
 
Love you G G now get some sleep young lady and be careful of those Navy tars;)
 
Sorry I can't keep you company. Linking up with the Navy tomorrow - need my beauty sleep lol.

Heard from my man. He's fine, missing me and I'm missing him.

Love you CG :kiss:

Congratulations to you and your trainees. You should be proud of a job well done. I watched a ceremony on the local news where a contingent of 10th Mountain Division troops were leaving for Afghanistan. Watching young wives and kids hugging their Daddy with the knowledge that they may never see each other again is really bittersweet. They are proud of their American soldier and they are scared that he may lose life or limbs in a land 10000 miles away. Hope your Naval maneuvers go well. :kiss::heart:
 
A raw rainy morning greets me and my thoughts turn to G G and her sweet little chicks and their combined force training with the Royal Navy in Air Sea rescue. I hope and prayer their weather is better then mine for I know how dangerous this training can be.

I take a sip of my coffee as I gaze out the window.


Morning to any who may be about.
 
The sun has peeked out here although the early morning was pretty dreary. The hardy spring flowers should be in bloom soon. I imagine that the notches must be beautiful in the spring time. While I was collecting sap I saw a lot of trees and big limbs down. I try to clear the trails before the black flies arrive :).

Hoping that my favorite naughty nurse is enjoying her training. I don't understand the British military structure. Army medics or Navy Corpsmen did not do air/sea rescue. It might have been part of a Marine Corps medics training but not the Army. Rope rescue was part of my MOS training but we could only perform mouth-to-mouth or CPR at the direction of the medic assigned to us. In the field it would be my call. After the first time I rappelled down a vertical wall, rope rescue was my favorite training. Overcoming the fear of heights also was invaluable in my civilian career. Hope the sun gets to NH before the day is done.
 
Back
Top