Implying a minor's sexual development

My first stories were published in school magazines.
Well, school magazines, sure.

My career was probably helped immensely as my future ex-sister-in-law (now an NYTimes-list author) (and we're still on good terms) was editor of the high school paper and liked me and my writing. Personal networks ARE the path to success!

Oh yes, those first published pieces were composed on an ancient Underwood typewriter, one dating from I think the 1930s. The M key stuck so I tended to use few M's in my stuff. Good thing it wasn't the A or S key.

That typewriter also composed some unpublished works -- I still have rejection slips from EVERGREEN REVIEW, FUCK YOU: A Magazine of the Arts, and SCREW.
 
My family had a number of typewriters.

My eldest aunt was a Lady Typewriter (then a high-tech position) before 1914.

My father and mother were telegraph operators in the 1920s. In his 80s my father was recorded on video operating a pre-1914 telegraph machine. He reached 90 words a minute, much slower than he had done when at work but faster than modern typists could achieve on that technology.

When my father was in a retirement home in his 90s we had to buy him a new electric typewriter. He used it for all his correspondence. We had hoped he would write his autobiography but most of what he wrote was office anecdotes because he still believed he was covered by the Official Secrets Act. We know he was significantly involved in the planning and preparation for D-Day during 1943 and 1944 but he wouldn't write nor say a word - it was secret!
 
In my major novel, soon to be published I hope, the story opens when the protagonist is 11, he has a brief, very innocent exploratory sexual experience with his best friend and then is taught to masturbate by another friend. This is a real-life scenario and is very important to development of the story, which is about the struggle of a young man to establish his personal and sexual identity. Am I being told that a story bout a young man's difficulty in finding his true identity cannot be told? If this cannot be told, then the story of EVERYMAN cannot be told.
 
In my major novel, soon to be published I hope, the story opens when the protagonist is 11, he has a brief, very innocent exploratory sexual experience with his best friend and then is taught to masturbate by another friend. This is a real-life scenario and is very important to development of the story, which is about the struggle of a young man to establish his personal and sexual identity. Am I being told that a story bout a young man's difficulty in finding his true identity cannot be told? If this cannot be told, then the story of EVERYMAN cannot be told.

It can't be told like that on Literotica.

You could post it elsewhere, but not here.

It might pass with an online publisher but the rules set by the owners of this site are quite clear - no descriptions of sexual activity before age 18.
 
It can't be told like that on Literotica.

You could post it elsewhere, but not here.

It might pass with an online publisher but the rules set by the owners of this site are quite clear - no descriptions of sexual activity before age 18.

Quite right. Yes, robertreams (RR) could submit it here... and watch it be rejected, and rejected again, until he clears the ages. He could have his over-18 narrator say, "I had a sexual experience when I was 11," no problem. But if that narrator says, "and a friend taught me to masturbate then," Laurel will reject it.

RR could try to play math games, introducing him as 22 on one page and mentioning "half my life ago" a few pages further on. But that clearly violates the rules of this no-cost website. This is just not the place for such stories.

Metaphor: Ya don't take a tennis ball to a badminton match, nor a shuttlecock to a tennis court. Different games, different rules. Them who want to play on LIT need to play by LIT's rules.
 
Back
Top