Stockings as casual daily wear?

Wild_Honey_66

sweet freak
Hey pervs! 🙋

I have some questions about wearing stockings on a regular basis, as part of a casual wardrobe. Any tips or input would be appreciated.

(Asking for a friend. ;) )

1. It's winter here - brrr! What sort of stockings can be worn to actually keep the legs, you know, warm?

2. The current set-up is not working in terms of actually holding the stockings UP. There seems to be a problematic lack of grippage, and I'm not sure if it's the stockings or the garter clips. Thoughts?

3. Does anyone use 6-drop garters/suspenders rather than 4-drop? How do you like them? Are they harder to find? Noticeably more expensive? Which do you prefer?

Thanks again for any suggestions!

1. ISABELLA Giada are made for cooler/cold.
If it’s too cold for those, switch to jeans and stay warm. Cold is not a precursor to sexy most of the time.
2. Are they adjusted properly? If not it may be a combination of your garters and stockings just not working together have you tried a different brand or weight of stocking? If you love your stockings have you tried different garters, maybe with a different style clip? (
3. Harder to find, usually (but not always) more expensive in my area. I think 6 feels more secure but 4 is my standard.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Hey pervs! 🙋

I have some questions about wearing stockings on a regular basis, as part of a casual wardrobe. Any tips or input would be appreciated.

1. It's winter here - brrr! What sort of stockings can be worn to actually keep the legs, you know, warm?

2. The current set-up is not working in terms of actually holding the stockings UP. There seems to be a problematic lack of grippage, and I'm not sure if it's the stockings or the garter clips. Thoughts?

3. Does anyone use 6-drop garters/suspenders rather than 4-drop? How do you like them? Are they harder to find? Noticeably more expensive? Which do you prefer?

You can always use leggings outside and pocket them inside.
Have problems with "plastic clips" and look for metal, it helps.
Most of the time use 6 over 4, holds and feels better. Some cost more but most really don't.

I've been experiencing the 'slipping down' thing too - in my case the suspender belt (what you call the garter belt, I think? :)) is too large, I think. It feels perfect to start with, but gradually slips down. I need to get out my sewing kit and shorten the adjustable bit. I'd echo the comment about metal clips too, much less likely to come off.

Stockings themselves often come in different sizes, sometimes there is a table of height against dress size on the back of the pack to help you pick correctly. That's pretty vital for hold-ups, but useful too for stockings, I'd say. If they're too long, they'll bunch at the ankles, Nora Batty style ;)

I've written about stockings and suspenders a few times on Lit based on my experience from dressing up Tinglebliss: ;)

In answer to the specific questions:

1. It is possible to purchase thick (e.g. 70 denier) opaque stockings for winter wear. I bought Tinglebliss the Trasparenze Sandra 70 range and she found that they keep her legs fairly warm. They're also rather sexy in a different way from sheer stockings: more akin to ones in a period costume drama. :D

2. It's almost certainly the garter (suspender) clips that are to blame! I've found plastic ones to be unreliable and a waste of effort (except from when you want them to fall off). Definitely purchase a belt with metal clips (typically chrome-plated steel). It's also possible to purchase straps with metal clips as separate items that you can hook onto a corset or sew onto another garment.

3. 6 straps (rather than 4) is certainly the way to go for a feeling of security. As I wrote in the first posting that I linked above, extra straps can also convey extra sexiness. Having said that, with a proper suspender belt with metal suspender clips secured correctly, Tinglebliss has worn stockings all day and found at most one clip out of place by the end. She doesn't worry about them at all any more.

Hope that's helpful. :)

*takes notes*

thank you very much, everyone! looks like metal clips are the way to go, I had a feeling it was the plastic clips that were the issue.

My partner wears the thick ones, like you get in shops that cater for students.

They can keep the warmth in and I don't notice she looks much different.

Not much of a fetish for me, I'm a bit old fashioned and I like really raunchy
ones like fishnets that have a seam up the soles.

Last edited:
Metal ones are more fun to wear and entertaining.

My partner wears the thick ones, like you get in shops that cater for students.

They can keep the warmth in and I don't notice she looks much different.

Not much of a fetish for me, I'm a bit old fashioned and I like really raunchy
ones like fishnets that have a seam up the soles.

thanks, both! I'm planning to go stockings-shopping at some point in the next couple of weeks, so fingers crossed!

Hey pervs! 🙋

It should be law that women wear stockings in public and the first hour in bed or on it.
There , not too much to ask

Hey pervs! 🙋

Hello,

Have you tried suspender tights? They are a combination of suspenders and stockings.

This is my recommendation for when its cold and also for when I am short on time as they are much less fiddly. As per some of the other posters you can get in different deniers.

I personally dislike hold-ups.

xx

lingerie woman bitched at me today, because I said plastic clips don't hold. "we've never had any complaints!" yes, if I only wear those for 5 minutes in the bedroom, I'm sure they'll do just fine :rolleyes:

cunt.

does anyone have experience with these:
500x500.jpg

or would you go for these?

il_570xN.707666375_7rb8.jpg

Stockings as casual daily wear?
Hey pervs! 🙋

(Asking for a friend. )

——-
1) I wear stockings quite often for work, and even today-and it’s freezing outside! If you have to be outside I’d say wear tights or pantyhose, but if it’s a quick run from the car to the door, it may be worth the quick chill.
2) I ALWAYS buy garter belts with metal clips—far superior to the plastic ones! I am taller, so I have to buy taller size stockings, and I usually wear a six strap garter belt. Stockingirl.com has really good choices for stockings, garterbelts and some lingerie. If you are worried about grip, you can always wear thigh highs with your garter belt. The silicon bands will definitely help.
3) I have 4 strap garterbelts, but for work, I wear six strap belts, mostly. VS used to have a good selection, but they’ve really dropped in quality lately, in my humble opinion.
-hope this helped!

which garter to use

pictue number one is great. Been wearing over 30 years like that,and sometimes hard to unbuckle. They won't slip!! Picture 2 is a suspender for mans pants, instead of a belt. They will rip hose. Plastic clips break, and slip. Just for the bedroom, not practical.;)

1) I wear stockings quite often for work, and even today-and it’s freezing outside! If you have to be outside I’d say wear tights or pantyhose, but if it’s a quick run from the car to the door, it may be worth the quick chill.
2) I ALWAYS buy garter belts with metal clips—far superior to the plastic ones! I am taller, so I have to buy taller size stockings, and I usually wear a six strap garter belt. Stockingirl.com has really good choices for stockings, garterbelts and some lingerie. If you are worried about grip, you can always wear thigh highs with your garter belt. The silicon bands will definitely help.
3) I have 4 strap garterbelts, but for work, I wear six strap belts, mostly. VS used to have a good selection, but they’ve really dropped in quality lately, in my humble opinion.
-hope this helped!

pictue number one is great. Been wearing over 30 years like that,and sometimes hard to unbuckle. They won't slip!! Picture 2 is a suspender for mans pants, instead of a belt. They will rip hose. Plastic clips break, and slip. Just for the bedroom, not practical.;)

thanks! I ordered a garter belt here; I shall see....

very sexy tip

thanks for the site address. Some very fantsey garter belts, panties and shapewear. Made my panties wet, thinking about wearing garters again, instead of my light support control top pantyhose.:cattail:

As a perverted man, I can get behind this idea of stockings as casual wear.

Just wondering , but how many of you wear, lacy undergarments and stockings on a day to day?

As a guy...

As a guy trying to understand women i just like to say when i read through this thread i found it highly educational :D

Back