The Un-Isolated Un-Blurt Thread

I highly doubt any of you will read this but....oh well.

Tonight is the third time I've had to rush to my father's apartment and find him on the floor....again. I told him that's it, he's going to the hospital!

So, as of right now my father is at the hospital, safe. If he falls again I know he's somewhere that people can help him. I chose not to stay as I'm so very tired. All this worrying and rushing to his aid has worn me out.

I made sure the nurse would tell the doctor the truth about him falling so much as I know my dad would not. She said it's very possible he'll be staying the night.
I also told her to make sure that he doesn't leave the hospital until he can actually walk with his cane. Hopefully she listened.

*sighs* I want this over with. :(

I am reading this. I am glad you got him to the hospital.

As soon as you get enough rest, I would return to the hospital and make sure they follow through on finding out the problem.

If you don't this will just continue.

I am reading this. I am glad you got him to the hospital.

As soon as you get enough rest, I would return to the hospital and make sure they follow through on finding out the problem.

If you don't this will just continue.

They are following up. He has malnutrition, a urinary infection and his kidneys aren't functioning properly. They are giving him medication and keeping him on bed rest. He'll have to stay there for a few more days.

Thank you for your concern, Noor. :heart::rose:

Last edited:
They are following up. He has malnutrition, a urinary infection and his kidneys aren't functioning properly. They are giving him medication and keeping him on bed rest. He'll have to stay there for a few more days.

Thank you for your concern, Noor. :heart::rose:

Sounds like it was affecting his mind as well, kidney stuff and malnutrition will do that, good thing you got him in there.

Where will he go after the hospital? Those things don't fix in a few days. Is there an intermediate place he can go until he is well enough to be on his own again?

Sounds like it was affecting his mind as well, kidney stuff and malnutrition will do that, good thing you got him in there.

Where will he go after the hospital? Those things don't fix in a few days. Is there an intermediate place he can go until he is well enough to be on his own again?

I'm working on that. I need to get his papers and his will. He did serve in the Navy so he may be able to get better help, better place to live and better care through their services.

I just need to get all this information to get the ball rolling. People keep giving me so much information....my mind is having issues dealing with ALL of this.

Right now, I'm just glad he's in a safe place being looked after.

Last edited:
BLUEY! *hugglespouncesqueezes*
I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, darling. I know situations like these can be so difficult. I hope you can find some help with this. *hugs*

Ask around to people you know and maybe google some help resources, a lot of people have gone through situations like this with their parents and are happy to help with info and their own experiences. Just going through it is a huge learning experience. :rose:

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, darling. I know situations like these can be so difficult. I hope you can find some help with this. *hugs*

Ask around to people you know and maybe google some help resources, a lot of people have gone through situations like this with their parents and are happy to help with info and their own experiences. Just going through it is a huge learning experience. :rose:

I've already received so much info. My mind is just a blur of it all. As I said, I'm just glad he's safe and being looked after at this time. The next few days are going to be more of a blur trying to get all this and my dad situated. *sighs*

It would be easier if my sister wasn't such a fucking bitch and was here to help. :mad:

Last edited:
Hospitals usually have workers who will help you figure it out and the VA might as well.

I've already received so much info. My mind is just a blur of it all. As I said, I'm just glad he's safe and being looked after at this time. The next few days are going to be more of a blur trying to get all this and my dad situated. *sighs*

It would be easier if my sister wasn't such a fucking bitch and was here to help. :mad:
Yeah she sounds like a pill. :mad:

Hospitals usually have workers who will help you figure it out and the VA might as well.

Yes, I'll be calling both tomorrow. The hospital for an update and the VA to see if he can receive benefits.

He's all I have and he's such a good father. I so don't want him to be suffering like this. I'm just starting to feel numb about all this. In 24 hours, my life has gone to hell.

Last edited:
Yeah she sounds like a pill. :mad:

Yes, a VERY bitter pill. I know damned well she wouldn't have been able to handle what I've been going through. Found our dad on the floor of his apartment THREE times now.

I did send her a text (because it's faster) saying he's in the hospital and to call me. Pffft, that was 5 hours ago and guess what? No phone call. All I can think is, "Thanks for caring sis." :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes, a VERY bitter pill. I know damned well she wouldn't have been able to handle what I've been going through. Found our dad on the floor of his apartment THREE times now.

I did send her a text (because it's faster) saying he's in the hospital and to call me. Pffft, that was 5 hours ago and guess what? No phone call. All I can think is, "Thanks for caring sis." :rolleyes:
Unacceptable.

Unacceptable.

She's just being a pain in the ass because I told her off via e-mail. I was sick of getting e-mails about our dad's health even though I'M the one who is here and she's all the way in Massachusetts. I am far more aware of his health then she'll ever be.

He took care of us. Got us to the doctors when we were sick. Helped keep us safe and made sure we had clothes, food, shelter. Anytime we've ever had a problem, he's always been their for us.
Sure, our father was far from being a saint and fucked up along the way but he was always there when we needed him. Now, it's OUR turn to be there for him.

Apparently, no one gave her this memo about how to love a parent. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
She's just being a pain in the ass because I told her off via e-mail. I was sick of getting e-mails about our dad's health even though I'M the one who is here and she's all the way in Massachusetts. I am far more aware of his health then she'll ever be.

He took care of us. Got us to the doctors when we were sick. Helped keep us safe and made sure we had clothes, food, shelter. Anytime we've ever had a problem, he's always been their for us.
Sure, our father was far from being a saint and fucked up along the way but he was always there when we needed him. Now, it's OUR turn to be there for him.

Apparently, no one gave her this memo about how to love a parent. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately some people don't have the inner resources to deal with stuff, they are just not equipped or feel they are not equipped enough.
Give her some time, it's not like you have a choice, she may come through.
No point wasting energy on being upset with her, you need it for yourself and your dad.

Unfortunately some people don't have the inner resources to deal with stuff, they are just not equipped or feel they are not equipped enough.
Give her some time, it's not like you have a choice, she may come through.
No point wasting energy on being upset with her, you need it for yourself and your dad.

Oh, I am aware of this. Didn't mean to appear bitchy about it. It's more of frustration of all this.

Last edited:
Cleaned my dad's apartment really well today and took some candy, crackers and clothes to him when I went to visit him. Even got him a balloon with smiley faces all over it and it says "Get Well Soon". He loooooooved the chocolate bar and ate that right away. *laughs* Apparently he's been flirting with the ladies on his floor. Even tried to convince his nurse to leave her husband for him. :D
He seems better and a bit more alert.
He's responding to the treatment, meaning the medication is getting in his system and is working. It's just going to take a lot of time for him to get better.

*crosses fingers* Hope he gets well enough soon but he looks to be on the mend! *sighs with relief* :)

Last edited:
Cleaned my dad's apartment really well today and took some candy, crackers and clothes to him when I went to visit him. Even got him a balloon with smiley faces all over it and it says "Get Well Soon". He loooooooved the chocolate bar and ate that right away. *laughs* Apparently he's been flirting with the ladies on his floor. Even tried to convince his nurse to leave her husband for him. :D
He seems better and a bit more alert.
He's responding to the treatment, meaning the medication is getting in his system and is working. It's just going to take a lot of time for him to get better.

*crosses fingers* Hope he gets well enough soon but he looks to be on the mend! *sighs with relief* :)

Great! Happy to hear this! :)

Great! Happy to hear this! :)

Me too! He's still weak but doing far better and he's at the hospital if anything else goes wrong. Big relief on my part. :)

Best news is that his social worker is going to help him so maybe they can find a better place for him to live....one with flat floors and no stairs.

Last edited:
Me too! He's still weak but doing far better and he's at the hospital if anything else goes wrong. Big relief on my part. :)

Best news is that his social worker is going to help him so maybe they can find a better place for him to live....one with flat floors and no stairs.

That is great!

thanks bluebell and Noor for the support and concern. Seriously do appreciate it so very much! :rose::kiss::heart:

Last edited:
dog-smiling-camera-animated-gif-cute-animal-pictures.gif

he is a cutie!

Back