The Official Author's Hangout Winter Holidays 2012 Contest Support Thread

I think an Aussie "winter" story featuring bikinis (and lack of them) and sunshine and heat would do well in the contest. So, go for it.

I think an Aussie "winter" story featuring bikinis (and lack of them) and sunshine and heat would do well in the contest. So, go for it.

Thanks, I might, even if just to confuse the people who have never been in a heat wave during Christmas and New Years.

Went to the Australian Tennis Open a couple of years ago and burned to a crisp.

Being a greedy country we took the hole in the ozone layer for ourselves, so the sun can be a little harsher than most are used to :)
Hope you enjoyed your trip otherwise.
Could be an interesting story, a visitor used to winter holidays come south for the summer experience where santa rides a surf board and wears board shorts.

**wanders off singing "Six white boomers snow white boomers....... racing santa clause through the blazing sun..."

I was hoping we wouldn't have to bring tex to this thread but he loves the spotlight.

ebensee-survivors.GIF

still not funny tex

The following is post # 1123 on the a.i.r. contest support thread. He also posted exactly the same thing in posts #1001, 1004, 1008, 1010, 1012, 1015, 1022, 1024, 1026, 1030, 1034, 1044, 1046, 1051, 1055, 1061, 1065, 1068, 1075, 1076, 1078, 1104, 1020 and now 1123. The same post EIGHT times on the first page. FIVE on the next page! SIX on the third page! TWO times on the fourth. Now he’s got THREE on the fifth page. The same post 24 times. He's now up to 237 times posting the same thing (unless I’ve missed a few). Mind you this isn't a record for him.

So unfortunately I’m forced to share his disgusting posts on this thread. There are no free rides for enablers. Sorry…

image.php
image.php
image.php

are these three still enabling hate in AHland? Why? Do they get off on hate speech?

Why would our tiger lily threadmistress stand with the hate-mongerers? Simple jealousy? I guess the a.i.r. thread has been making hers look bad...

post #1123 on the A.I.R. Contest Support Thread. Let's all look at our AHland racists posts. We're prepared to expose him for what he is...sad really...

image.php

hate mongering

[SIZE="+3"] WELCOME TO THE FAKE DOUBLE LITEROTICA CONTEST THREAD[/SIZE]
made-up-fucktard2.jpg

Yes scouries, we all agree that you are an idiot.

Everyone but a few of us on the real contest threads have you on ignore, so that makes you a double idiot.

I'll bump this thread with the first verse from a Danish children's song related to winter and love (kærlighed):

Snemand Frost og Frøken Tø
gik en tur ved Søndersø
fandt en bænk og slog sig ned
talte lidt om kærlighed.

I'll bump this thread with the first verse from a Danish children's song related to winter and love (kærlighed):

gik en tur ved Søndersø
fandt en bænk og slog sig ned
talte lidt om kærlighed.

I'll give this thread a "BUMP" with the second verse. :cool:

Snemand Frost som var lidt bleg,
spurgte "Må jeg kysse dig?",
man da Frøken Tø var varm,
smeltede hans højre arm.

I'll give this thread a "BUMP" with the second verse. :cool:

I just knew you wouldn't be able to resist, Maj. I'll continue bumping with the third verse:

Da han kyssed' hendes kind
svandt han ganske langsomt ind.
Da han kyssed' hendes mund
var han væk i samme stund.

I've dreamed up some bits of a story but I don't know if it can be turned into a winter holiday version. Maybe if the protagonist got abducted to a holiday party . . .

I've dreamed up some bits of a story but I don't know if it can be turned into a winter holiday version. Maybe if the protagonist got abducted to a holiday party . . .

Mrs. Claus in the Loving Wives Category, perhaps. ;) :D

Mrs. Claus in the Loving Wives Category, perhaps. ;) :D

I'm thinking more along the lines of a Mrs. Claus type doing the abducting. Or a society wife and mother abducting a young neighbor and using him and her daughter as the centerpiece for a New Year's Eve party. Hmmm . . . I think that might just do it. And of course the young chap's parents are bang alongside the idea!

I'm thinking more along the lines of a Mrs. Claus type doing the abducting. Or a society wife and mother abducting a young neighbor and using him and her daughter as the centerpiece for a New Year's Eve party. Hmmm . . . I think that might just do it. And of course the young chap's parents are bang alongside the idea!

That works also. Get to it, please.

Too far down the list.

I agree and bump with the last verse about Frost and love

På en bænk ved Søndersø
sidder stakkels frøken Tø.
Snemand Frost er smeltet op,
hun må ha' ham i en kop.

How about some translations.

Thought nobody would ever ask. Sure, I'd love to translate the tekst written by Halfdan Rasmussen - though I'm not able to make it rhyme or fit the melody.

Snowman Frost and Miss Thaw
Went for a walk around Lake South
Found a bench and sat down
To talk a bit about love.

Snowman Frost who was rather pale,
asked "May I kiss you please?"
But as Miss Thaw was warm
This melted his right arm.

As he kissed her cheek,
he very slowly dwindled.
When he kissed her mouth
he was gone instantly.

On a bench near Lake South
poor Miss Thaw is sitting.
Snowman Frost has melted up
she has to keep him in a cup.

Sorry that it was a tragic love story....

Thought nobody would ever ask. Sure, I'd love to translate the tekst written by Halfdan Rasmussen - though I'm not able to make it rhyme or fit the melody.

Snowman Frost and Miss Thaw
Went for a walk around Lake South
Found a bench and sat down
To talk a bit about love.

Snowman Frost who was rather pale,
asked "May I kiss you please?"
But as Miss Thaw was warm
This melted his right arm.

As he kissed her cheek,
he very slowly dwindled.
When he kissed her mouth
he was gone instantly.

On a bench near Lake South
poor Miss Thaw is sitting.
Snowman Frost has melted up
she has to keep him in a cup.

Sorry that it was a tragic love story....

Quite interesting. There is a plot bunny in there, I do believe.

Not everything has to be a happy ending.

For the plot bunny or the not having to have a happy ending?

For this

Not everything has to be a happy ending.

At least someone here gets my philosophy.

Although I think I might bite the proverbial bullet and write a happy ending for Christmas... for one story at least.

Then write a story a la me as a "control group" if you will and see how they are received.

Of course, no points for guessing which one I'll be more proud of. :D

My first story is almost done. I hope they put the official link up soon.

At least someone here gets my philosophy.

Although I think I might bite the proverbial bullet and write a happy ending for Christmas... for one story at least.

Then write a story a la me as a "control group" if you will and see how they are received.

Of course, no points for guessing which one I'll be more proud of. :D

Although I like a happy ending, I'd never say a story must have a happy ending. I'd say it needs the right ending. Don't write a dark ending just b/c you want one -- write it b/c it fits the story (or, perhaps, write the story to fit the ending).

Back