Justice League: The New Wave (IC)

Tag: Nightwing

Kobra was facing Nightwing as he glided down for him.

Wildcat bounded at Kobra's back in a ferocious, primordial pounce.

Thus, when Kobra whirled out of Wildcat's path, bent and flowed with fluid precision, the kind of reflexes and neuromuscular aptitude you would see on a super-soldier...

...he was able with deceptively easy grace to aikido Wildcat's lunge into launching her claws-first at the gliding Nightwing.

Aww fuck! Ko-Ko played her hard. Hard hard hard. Retract the claws. That was about the best she could do. And go from finger points to palms. She was pissed she'd relied on the cat shit and not the fighter. Well played Ko-Ko, well played. Next round you get the Hellcat not the Wildcat.......

Please please don't hurt Nightwing.......
 
Last edited:
Dying to Know.

Stepping forward she paused for a moment, looking at Death. “All mirrors look from this realm into reality?” she asked.

"Wherever anyone despairs, there's Despair," Death nodded, matter-of-factly, but in a way that said yeah, I get it, I'm sorry.

She cast a seeing spell on the mirrors, attuning herself to the way they had been made. Seeing the weave of their magic. Inept people called it scrying. Looking to see what was glowy and magical. True casters understood the difference, and stopped looking at glowy things, and looked beyond the glowy at the ‘threads of magic’.

The "scrying" spell was like gazing into infinity. Like going down to the subatomic level and just... keeping... going... further up and further in, onion layers bigger on the inside... vertigo-inducing...

...the mirrors were part of the realm and the realm was Despair and Despair was the realm...

...only a person like Raven, adept with magical concepts and able to cope with maintaining a dimensional prison on her forehead, would be able to drag their mental eyes away from that with a degree of understanding.

It went beyond magic and onto the fundamental nature of reality...

...but before Raven could glimpse entirely what that nature was and have her paradigm shifted hard into Psycho Pirate territory, she would glean what she attempted to glean and come back into her head.

Satisfied with her spell, she dismissed it then looked at Death, as Lisa floated away, passing from one place to the next. And just in case her spell ended as soon as the Glider was through the ‘mirror’ Raven had slide her just inches above ground. Granted a two foot fall wouldn’t hurt – much. But it sucked when you weren’t ready for it.

With the two of them alone once more, not that Lisa had really counted as being ‘there’ not in her current mental state. But alone once more with Death, she reached up and pulled her cowl from her face, lowering it to her shoulders. “Now that she appears to be safe, this could after all be a full mental projection inside my head. And this place no more than a dreamscape generated by a powerful psyker. Not that I detected that with my spell. But do you have proof, evidence, that you are whom and what you say you are? Sorry to be the doubting Thomas, but I am me.”

And she did want this.. enticingly cute individual to be Death, even if this was a façade. An illusionary face. For if this was Death, then there was a Destiny. And if there was a Destiny, maybe she could avoid her Fate.

For a moment, Death's eyes contained multitudes. Passages and passages of things she might say. Words of omniscience and omnipresence and life after death after life.

But instead she just smiled, just a little twitch of her lips, too kind to be a smirk but terribly, terribly mysterious.

"Goodbye, Raven. I'll see you soon."
 
Let them eat.. cake.

But then, to put the icing on the cake--

--her free hand shot up and grabbed the obsidian arrow just inches from her face--

--she caught it, without blinking, a feat that might even impress legendary assassin Constantine Drakon.

Of course, holding a mystical shattering arrow for any length of time was still a considerable risk...

And a shot rang out. The bullet traveling faster than the crackle of the shot. A brown eye watching through the scope, a breathe paused. A hand reflexed into action, slide and click. A new round ready to go even before the first had completed it’s flight.

Renegade wasn’t shooting at her target. Her target wasn’t available, but another target worthy of her skill was in play. It had just stopped motion when she eased back on the trigger. Her target wouldn’t feel a thing since it wasn’t alive, but it’s victim was. For the moment.

The bullet sped forward at the speed of sound, homing in like a missile on a mystical arrow head.
 
Arrow takes the shot-- and Renegade with the assist! THE CROWD GOES BANANAS!

And a shot rang out. The bullet traveling faster than the crackle of the shot. A brown eye watching through the scope, a breathe paused. A hand reflexed into action, slide and click. A new round ready to go even before the first had completed it’s flight.

Renegade wasn’t shooting at her target. Her target wasn’t available, but another target worthy of her skill was in play. It had just stopped motion when she eased back on the trigger. Her target wouldn’t feel a thing since it wasn’t alive, but it’s victim was. For the moment.

The bullet sped forward at the speed of sound, homing in like a missile on a mystical arrow head.

The arrow shattered on impact, just as it was designed to do.

And while the microscopic filaments of enchanted volcanic glass did not hit Lady Eve at the same supersonic velocities at which they had hit Kaldur moments before...

...she still breathed them in the moment they went aerosol. Blood seeped from her nose as capillaries ruptured. She coughed. Staggered backwards. Clutched her throat.

She had minutes to live. Maybe not even that long.
 
Soon...

"Goodbye, Raven. I'll see you soon."

Lifting her hood back into place, Raven gave Death a soft nod. When one dealt with the things she had, well you learned to look at the eyes, and read the soul within. Yeah, she was Death alright. Or close enough that she was the right hand girl.

“Twice. Once at the Beginning. Once at the End. Guess I got an extra one.” Raven murmured Cryptically. “You’re rather nice, for Domina Mors. I wish you peace.” And she was gone, stepping from peaceful darkness into a battlefield gone horribly wrong. For a moment she wasn’t sure if her side was winning or losing.

She could only see the bridge twisted out of shape. Bent by unearthly forces and still glowing with hellish heat. Stepping closer to Lisa she knelt, resting her hand, as cold as it was, against the catatonic woman’s forehead.

How soon was soon, for Death. A day. A year. A century?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Boom

Before Static could make a witty response to Elemental Woman, the air around him became like fire in his lungs. It burned and ached and he could feel it searing his throat. He coughed heavily, trying to get his bearings.

Blasts of hellfire splashed around as the gas cloud enveloped him and with a thunderous boom he was thrown off his flying disc and sent hurtling towards the ground. He collided with the rubble embankment and gasped in pain as he felt something give way. He skidded down the rubble too weak to stop himself. Ending up in a shallow pool just before the river, twitching occasionally.
 
Renegade takes the shot...

Lady Clayface had about as much time as it took to flare outward, to surge forward like she was going to wrap Wondergirl up in a blanket of herself... for all the good that would have done. But she didn't even get that far before the arctic breath of the Kryptonian woman reduced her, once again, to a misshapen claysicle.

One hit of sufficient amplitude and there would be a lot more pieces for Carin to pick up. A lot more.

Karen couldn’t do that. In the middle of a fight she’d beat your ass if you deserved it. But not if you were helpless. And Lady Clayface was helpless. Frozen solid. Hitting her. Breaking her apart could kill her, not just slow her down. And Killing someone defenseless went against EVERYTHING she’d been taught.

If she hit LC now, she’d be as bad as them. Worse.

Renegade on the other hand , had no such difficulty. And she read the body language like a conversation. The sigh. Softening shoulders. A shifting of the feet from attack to ready. The easing back of weight from for foot to rear. Wondergirl was weak.

A second shot rang out, snapping past Wondergirls ear and speeding towards Lady Clay’s face. Wondergirl had been shifting her stance, in the opposite direction, the bullet unexpected. Surprising even her in it’s trajectory and intent.

And a piece of lead blasted through Lady Clay’s face, the pressure wave of the round expanded within her crystallized skull, crushing and pulverizing even more material until it exited from the back of her skull. If she’d been Clay she would have survived. Human or frozen, she was dead.

Unfortunately as a frozen entity she didn’t have just a bullet hole through her head. She had tens of thousands of cracks and fissure ripping through her as she literally exploded from the pressure wave.
 
A piece of lead blasted through Lady Clay’s face, the pressure wave of the round expanded within her crystallized skull, crushing and pulverizing even more material until it exited from the back of her skull. If she’d been Clay she would have survived. Human or frozen, she was dead.

Unfortunately as a frozen entity she didn’t have just a bullet hole through her head. She had tens of thousands of cracks and fissure ripping through her as she literally exploded from the pressure wave.

This was the opportunity Velocity had been waiting for. Even as Lady Clay shattered she zoomed in and out faster than the eye could see gathering the pieces into the jars and sealing them away.

Well actually she was sure Karen could make her out, but whether she chose to help or not was another matter.

Whatever happened, before even the sound of Clay shattering had registered to the people closest to her, she had disappeared as if she was never there and on the river bank a growing collection of jars was now safely hidden.

Velocity was now fairly certain she had all pieces of Clay gathered and could now join the fight. However she would keep an eye out for any suspicious blobs in the area.
 
II Corinthians 4:7.

And Lady Clayface was helpless. Frozen solid. Hitting her. Breaking her apart could kill her, not just slow her down. And Killing someone defenseless went against EVERYTHING she’d been taught.

If she hit LC now, she’d be as bad as them. Worse.

And a piece of lead blasted through Lady Clay’s face, the pressure wave of the round expanded within her crystallized skull, crushing and pulverizing even more material until it exited from the back of her skull. If she’d been Clay she would have survived. Human or frozen, she was dead.

Unfortunately as a frozen entity she didn’t have just a bullet hole through her head. She had tens of thousands of cracks and fissure ripping through her as she literally exploded from the pressure wave.

It might relieve Karan to reflect, as Lady Clayface was blasted to smithereens, that this was not the only time today that she had been frozen solid and reduced to component pieces. It hurt like Hell, being frozen so solid your molecules sheared apart, but for a Clayface this wasn't a career ending injury.

Getting vaporized to ash and dust by Karan's heat vision, now, that was a chemical reaction and would be far less easy to recover from, even if it were possible. But the ol' ice bucket challenge? She would live.

And it was a prime opportunity for Velocity to swoop in and pick up the pieces like she was plucking blades of grass in a meadow.

Whatever happened, before even the sound of Clay shattering had registered to the people closest to her, she had disappeared as if she was never there and on the river bank a growing collection of jars was now safely hidden.

Velocity was now fairly certain she had all pieces of Clay gathered and could now join the fight. However she would keep an eye out for any suspicious blobs in the area.

Lady Clayface was gone and Lady Clayface was done.

Lady Eve was breathing blood.

The only two snakes still in the fight were Elemental Woman and Kobra himself.
 
"Shatter Me," by Lindsey Stirling featuring Lzzy Hale.

Still he felt strangely drawn to her as well but he just shook his head at her sadly. "I don't think now is the right time to be talking with her. Perhaps once the battle is won I will take you up on your generous offer, but right now her mind is more focused on other things. I doubt I would be able to get through to her," he said sadly. "Besides I have a feeling we are going to need her strength."

Magdalena appeared to brood upon this for a moment, with a tilt of her helmeted head. "Power is nothing without control."

He looked out into the bay and focused on his target. "However if you wish to help, There are three targets out there that are just begging to be hit. You look like a warrior, feel free to jump in and help out," he smiled.

"The honor is to serve," Magdalena considered.

It would be good to wet her blade with the blood of the guilty.

But it seemed she would be needed in other capacities today, as The Hellrider unleashed chain-links and fire at an enemy dangerously close to one of the heroes...

Before Static could make a witty response to Elemental Woman, the air around him became like fire in his lungs. It burned and ached and he could feel it searing his throat. He coughed heavily, trying to get his bearings.

Blasts of hellfire splashed around as the gas cloud enveloped him and with a thunderous boom he was thrown off his flying disc and sent hurtling towards the ground. He collided with the rubble embankment and gasped in pain as he felt something give way. He skidded down the rubble too weak to stop himself. Ending up in a shallow pool just before the river, twitching occasionally.

It was, perhaps, fortunate-- as badly injured as Static had been, as terrible as this was-- it could have been worse. Chlorine gas itself did not ignite as Static was breathing it in-- he would need medical attention immediately if not sooner from the toxic effects, but at least he didn't breathe in ignited atmosphere.

But as it was the chlorine acted as an oxidizing agent, making combustible things more combustible... and something buried nearby in the rubble of the bridge, maybe an abandoned vehicle... had the misfortune to spark up in a rush like a conflagration. The explosion blew Virgil head over heels, and he did not land well.

Down the riverbank with G.R.I.D., Rose threw her hand up in front of her face at the flash of the explosion and with a cry of fury she managed to stay coherent this time, stay in the moment-- "G.R.I.D.! Take the element woman! I'll help Static!"

And with a surge and flourish of her mental power, she flung Milton towards where the chlorine gas had billowed...

...as the gas itself shaped itself once more into a woman, and that woman was suddenly made of depleted uranium, a powerful and toxic metal, strong enough to be used in military-grade weapons and armor.

She grinned as G.R.I.D. hurtled at her.

"Yeah, c'mere, I owe you a boot through your chest for popping me with the zap gun earlier."

Before G.R.I.D. even landed, Rose was airborne in a rush of telekinesis, swooping down to land kneeling in the pool next to Virgil.

Gently, her mind touched Static's, trying to assess his areas of pain and injury-- maybe she could patch his body somehow with her telekinesis?

<"Static, I'm here, it's Martian Manhuntress-- stay with me, okay?">

Setting her jaw grimly in her helmet, the bioneural gel molding effortlessly around her skin within that implacable shell, Magdalena twirled her sword in her hand.

"Yes. Other capacities."

And again her flight systems unleashed a plume of power as she surged away from Green Arrow, flaring to a stop in The Hellrider's eyeline, and throwing out her hand in a command to halt.

"Spirit of Vengeance! Thine zealotry is thine own undoing! Are even those who do good works subject to thy wrath? Hath not The Fires of The Rider a shred of discernment remaining? Stand away, Spirit! Stand away!"
 
Last edited:
Um diddle, diddle diddle, um diddle ay.

“Twice. Once at the Beginning. Once at the End. Guess I got an extra one.” Raven murmured Cryptically.

"Yes," Death replied, just as cryptically, she saw what you did there, ahah. "One."

“You’re rather nice, for Domina Mors. I wish you peace.” And she was gone.

As Raven left and the mirror rippled behind her, quickly reverting to the view of the fitting room, Death stood there for a moment by herself. "Peace. That's quite nice. And 'Domina Mors,' now there's a name I haven't heard since..."

She shook her head and smiled gently, enigmatically to no-one in particular.

"Be seeing you..."

And she turned from that place, and twirled her umbrella, and started humming Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

The Waking World.
********​

She could only see the bridge twisted out of shape. Bent by unearthly forces and still glowing with hellish heat. Stepping closer to Lisa she knelt, resting her hand, as cold as it was, against the catatonic woman’s forehead.

Away from the crushing influence of Despair's despair, Lisa Snart began to come out of it, began to stir. Her tendrils became lighter than air again, started to float on their own...

...after a long moment, her eyelids flickered, and she pressed the heel of her hand into her forehead as she scrunched her face up tight. When she spoke, her voice was gravelly, throaty, shaky, like she hadn't used it in days and had been breathing in a London pea-soup fog for all that time. "Okay, ow, killer tension headache. I seriously gotta unwind."
 
As he was being flung at Element Woman GRID mused to himself, "Its like she read my mind, which is entirely possible."

I sensed no foreign presence within but yes, this is a decent plan.

With this GRID scrunched into a ball shape as the armor being encapsulated in an energy field. As the field vanished what resulted was the armor being morphed into a spherical ball traveling at the speed of a cannon with three times the density, straight at Element Woman.

As for Milton, well, he was having what could be called an out-of-body experience. "This is surreal. I can still feel my body but it doesn't exist in a physical form."

I'm so glad your enjoying yourself Milton. Now can you please focus on the woman made of Uranium that we are barreling towards.
 
Xarathos vs Magdalena

"Spirit of Vengeance! Thine zealotry is thine own undoing! Are even those who do good works subject to thy wrath? Hath not The Fires of The Rider a shred of discernment remaining? Stand away, Spirit! Stand away!"

Turning the Daemon, that used to be an Angel, snarled, going so far as to take a step towards that technological abomination. But that stepped forced it to shudder, and it truly LOOKED at the flying machine.

"MORTAL ABOMINATION! SHEDIM!! It bellowed. A bellow that transformed to a scream of pain as the Aura of a simple silver coin made by the hands of man, and used to buy the soul of mankind, pressed against it’s soul.

Silver white light rippled across Xarathos’ edges, as if it was being whipped or lashed. Anger and rage forced it’s hand

It took a step closer to the pain. A chain wrapped fist swinging hard and solid straight for Allana’s pestering form. The psi-pain from that coin cast aside all reason and thought.

END THE PAIN!!! Was it’s focus.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gooooaaaaaaaal!

With this GRID scrunched into a ball shape as the armor being encapsulated in an energy field. As the field vanished what resulted was the armor being morphed into a spherical ball traveling at the speed of a cannon with three times the density, straight at Element Woman.

...Elemental Woman had armored up with the isotopic form of depleted uranium with the expectation that G.R.I.D. was going to use that arm cannon on her again, plasma blasts or missiles...

...but then he turned into a goddamn Sonic Spinball and that she did not expect.

Depleted uranium eyes widened. "The fu--"

And then G.R.I.D. hit her in the face like a runaway soccer kick with the approximate force of a tank shell and she staggered back, her whole body ringing like a bell with the impact. "--uckkkk!"
 
RAven

...after a long moment, her eyelids flickered, and she pressed the heel of her hand into her forehead as she scrunched her face up tight. When she spoke, her voice was gravelly, throaty, shaky, like she hadn't used it in days and had been breathing in a London pea-soup fog for all that time. "Okay, ow, killer tension headache. I seriously gotta unwind."

“Get a cat and pet it,” Raven replied as she stood nearby. “I’ve heard it’s soothing. Beast Boy may be available after the conflict.”
 
Last edited by a moderator:
They Might Be Giants.

Turning the Daemon that used to be an Angel snarled, going so far as to take a step towards that technological abomination. But that stepped forced it to shudder, and it truly LOOKED at the flying machine.

"MORTAL ABOMINATION! SHEDIM!! It bellowed. A bellow that transformed to a scream of pain as the Aura of a simple silver coin made by the hands of man, and used to buy the soul of mankind, pressed against it’s soul.

Magdalena tilted her head defiantly before the snarling, frothing, bellowing Hellrider. "So thou doth retain a spirit of discernment. Aye! We art the same! Anathema unto The Presence, unto The Light to All Lights! Even now the fallen angel Zarathos rageth within me, travaileth against the walls of its silver prison, waileth and gnasheth its teeth against thy very existence as thou doth against mine! All the more reason I know the burden thou bearest, and all the more reason I know it is paramount that such a burden be borne with wisdom!"

"Spirit. Stand. Away!"

Silver white light rippled across Xarathos’ edges, as if it was being whipped or lashed. Anger and rage forced it’s hand

It took a step closer to the pain. A chain wrapped fist swinging hard and solid straight for Allan’s pestering form.

In a Machine Spirit-augmented instant, Allana weighed her options.

But ultimately, despite the vast calculations involved, it came down to two things.

Her shield, emblazoned with the livery of a moonless midnight sky lit with stars and the central glow of a single lodestar-- Valor.

Or her sword.

And in that instant, she chose.

And swept the sword into play, adjusting her flight systems' reaction and attitude control to stabilize her in space-- hitting her would be like hitting the portcullis of Takron-Galtos itself-- and blocked Xarathos' punch with the flat of a blessed super-sword.

"Very well. Have at thee!"
 
Last edited:
Honor Amongst Goth Chicks.

“Get a cat and pet it,” Raven replied as she stood nearby. “I’ve heard it’s soothing. Beast Boy may be available after the conflict.”

"Not what I meant, exactly."

Lisa tilted her head.

Her neck didn't pop.

She no longer had neckbones.

What passed for a heart in her chest flickered at that.

Because she was back to "normal" but she might never be normal again.

And her tendrils started to unfurl around her... literally unwinding, reaching out, probing the space around her.

Unfolding.

She shook her head again, looked up at Raven.

"You get me out of The Mirror Dimension? ...thanks, I guess. Not sure how I feel about owing a hero my life, but I guess that's the balance."

Then she looked around again.

"Hey. Did you see what happened to Kiz?"
 
Last edited:
Xarathos vs Magdalena

And swept the sword into play, adjusting her flight systems' reaction and attitude control to stabilize her in space-- hitting her would be like hitting the portcullis of Takron-Galtos itself-- and blocked Xarathos' punch with the flat of a blessed super-sword.

"Very well. Have at thee!"

White fire exploded where the two connected. Fist vs Techomagic armour. Armour inscribed with tens of thousands of sigils. Each of them a Ward against evils. Demons. Devils. Daemons. Spells. Enchantments most vile.

But they weren’t just Wards. They were Blessings. Prayers for the souls encased within that armour. And when a being as powerful as Xarathos touched one, it tormented that being. A lesser being would have been flashed into nothingness.

But this was XARATHOS Daemon Prince of Vengeance!!

Chains wrapped together, linking and thickening into chains that would hold up the world, or rip down mountains. Lashing out at Magdalena, Xarathos sent a wave of fire to issue from it’s hands, as chains descended.
 
Raven and Lisa

"You get me out of The Mirror Dimension? ...thanks, I guess. Not sure how I feel about owing a hero my life, but I guess that's the balance."

“No,” Raven replied without preamble or flare. Or explanation.

Then she looked around again.

"Hey. Did you see what happened to Kiz?"

“No, I was otherwise engaged. I would rely on him being around.. somewhere.” Raven replied. “I’m sure he’ll turn up.”
 
Ephesians 6:10-18.

White fire exploded where the two connected. Fist vs Techomagic armour. Armour inscribed with tens of thousands of sigils. Each of them a Ward against evils. Demons. Devils. Daemons. Spells. Enchantments most vile.

Even with the armor's power, even with the finest work of scriptural mystic smiths from the deep archives of The 31st Century's Vatican, Allana felt the ringing impact of that punch, felt the psychospiritual repercussion of those knuckles intersecting with her blade.

She gritted her rattled teeth and fought on.

Inside her, The Rider Zarathos demanded to be unleashed, sparked like a hellfire conflagration inside her, she could taste the sulfur in her mouth-- stifled the urge to vomit. It would defend this host, it hissed... and it would extinguish this Fallen with all due prejudice.

But no.

No, this battle had to be fought by human hands. If she took the form of The Rider, if she let it out now, it would blossom to its full 30 feet to try and match the size of this towering infernal and their battle would rage furious across the face of this Earth. It would only make things worse.

She hungered to exact retribution on a demonic being as she had done hundreds of times before on her world and its allied systems. So too did The Rider Zarathos seethe to bring down this Xarathos. So many times before, the synergy of their goals had made them an unstoppable force.

Not this time.

This time, she knew, now more than ever, The Rider must be contained and it must be The Knight who fought the battle.

"Thou cometh to punish the guilty. But all hath sinned! None art innocent, not truly! And yet. Those who art not innocent... canst be forgiven."

That last word wasn't just a word any more than the wards on her sword were just wards.

The hypertime and hyperplace that Allana had come from when Dialed here-- that word had importance, potence, meaning. She had forgiven someone against whom she had harbored hatred for years. And if she could learn forgiveness even then, even against that abominable man...

...then so, perhaps, could this Rider be reminded that forgiveness and mercy as much a part of The Presence's Divine Plan as was Their Wrath.

"The Presence moveth in mysterious ways, Their Wonders to perform! Even these strange, backwards neanderthal heathens be agents in The Presence's good works! Lay waste to them not in thy fervor, Spirit!"

But this was XARATHOS Daemon Prince of Vengeance!!

Chains wrapped together, linking and thickening into chains that would hold up the world, or rip down mountains. Lashing out at Magdalena, Xarathos sent a wave of fire to issue from it’s hands, as chains descended.

Shield first.

Her arm came up and the Hellfire poured across her like dragon's breath from the maw of The Adversary, parting around the gleaming surface of that shield, but still she staggered in the air.

Then down came the chains...

...her flight systems engaged and with sword held above her, she surged forward and slashed the blade along those chains, carving them apart as she went, splitting them...

...no doubt The Rider could swiftly reform those chains and bring them to bear once more, but for now Magdalena had deflected the attack...

...the temptation was there to gash her blade across the side of The Rider, to slice a chunk from its flank, but to cause it pain offensively would only enrage it further... she must only strike defensively... enough to hold it back...

...she veered aside and whirled to face it again, now facing its broadside that it should have to turn to face her anew as well-- and perhaps in doing so, she would further draw its fire away from the heroes of this parallel and this era.

Her sword and shield were ready.

"Be strong," she reminded herself, an invocation of Scripture, and it was as much a prayer as it was a pep talk.
 
The Good Girls Dress in Black, Remember That.

“No,” Raven replied without preamble or flare. Or explanation.

Lisa blinked, her brow furrowing.

Then who--? Then where--? What the fuck?

“No, I was otherwise engaged. I would rely on him being around.. somewhere.” Raven replied. “I’m sure he’ll turn up.”

"Yeah," Lisa nodded after a moment. "Tough bastard."

Still, he had seemingly been in pretty terrible shape despite keeping his game face on, and-- they were connected now--

--Len and Rory weren't anywhere to be seen either, had Evan taken them too?

--she couldn't help but worry.

Anyway. On the clock.

"Should we go help kick some ass, or are we just on the detail where all we do is take names?"
 
Tag Green Arrow

He watched as they all entered into the attack. Even without Kaldur these people had a good go at it and now that Raven and the Tentacle lady stepped back into existence, he had the crazy notion of picking flowers. The chuckle made his ribs hurt, but he knew that there was something he could do.

He limped his way towards Green Arrow and stopped next to him, looking up at the fight between the chrome armor chick and the fiery demon. He rested a hand on the taller man's shoulder. "Seems like your lady of interest really get fiery."

He grimaced at his own joke and motioned over the river, towards Nightwing,Thea and most importantly the head bad guy, "Do you have an arrow I can borrow? You just need to aim for that guy who sees himself a god."
 
Green Arrow looked at the youngster that had limped up beside him and then over at the battle royal taking place.

"Yeah but I am hoping she will calm down. Hell I am willing to do whatever it takes to help her you know. I am pretty sure even that guy doesn't want to be like that. That yellow wave did a real number on them and if this is the Riders worst nightmare, then I am pretty sure it is also whatever that is as well."

Turning back to Garfield he smiled a sad smile then sighed. "Still we are in the middle of a fight right." He pulled out a plain carbon arrow an put it on his string. He had a pretty good idea of what Beast Boy wanted and as he started to pull back the string he asked, "You want to get on now? Only it is hard to catch an arrow fired from this bow."

He lined up the shot and then the arrow leaped from it and was on it's way straight for Kobra.
 
Wondergirl, Rose, and Static

She’d deal with Renegade after.

After the fight. After she checked to see if Lady Clay had been murdered or if she’d just been immobilized.

After.

After she made sure Rose was ok. Rose.

A flicker of motion and she was by Rose’s side, her eyes refocusing as she looked him over. “Blessed Asclepia. He’s hurt bad. Muscles, tendons, bone bruising, two broken ribs on the right, massive burns. IF he gets to a hospital he’ll be ok. Nut as it is, he’s hurt bad.” But even as she watched he twitched. “Nerve damage? Psycho muscular contractions?”

Looking up at Rose she said, ”I don’t know how to heal him…”
 
Raven and The Ebon Glider

"Should we go help kick some ass, or are we just on the detail where all we do is take names?"

“Kicking of the ass, would be the preferred use of the time.” Raven replied, as she floated forwards. “Avoid the angry one, she’s having issues at the moment.” Raven suggested indicating the Rider off in the distance, as if that actually need to be pointed out. If anyone new came to the fight right now, they would easily believe the Rider was on the side of Kobra.
 
Back
Top