Sailer's Cove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah...Gentleman...(or whatever)....
Yes, this is good. Good scotch, fair weather,
and you are right. being professional is about doing the crap well...
Damn...

I did have one minor victory today. I looked back at the contract that the person was claiming meant I had to find resources and discovered that another department ALSO has to find resources! Yipeee!! Thanks for contracts!

Cheers ! and sorry about misspelling your name. I am an engineer not an English teacher

I used to have a coach who always called me mwwmnpa. No worries. :D

Ah...Gentleman...(or whatever)....
Yes, this is good. Good scotch, fair weather,
and you are right. being professional is about doing the crap well...
Damn...

I did have one minor victory today. I looked back at the contract that the person was claiming meant I had to find resources and discovered that another department ALSO has to find resources! Yipeee!! Thanks for contracts!

Sometimes it's the small successes you have to take with you. :)

OK JW black label is very good.
You need to try some of the single malts.
I did a sampling one night of a 12, 18 and 25 yo McCallister..(sp?)...oh my!!!
I'm also very fond of GlenLivit and GlenMorainge (I can't spell, so sue me).

one day soon, I will have free time to really get into this discussion ...... simple rule, blend = bad (most of the time), single malt = good ....... Irish and Scotch both good, in fact having had Welsh & Japanese whisky, they are also good

Gentlemen? *curtsies*

Some of my favorite people post here :kiss:

Mrs.H! Stop by more often. Pull up a seat cusion and grab a drink. General topics of discussion include good booze and sailing, weather (and whether we can stand another day of this cold), and brass polishing ;)

one day soon, I will have free time to really get into this discussion ...... simple rule, blend = bad (most of the time), single malt = good ....... Irish and Scotch both good, in fact having had Welsh & Japanese whisky, they are also good

In general I agree. I love the complexity and depth of single malt. It amazes me how different they can be and everyone has their favorite. Blended are, well, blended. They differ little and they are designed to be generally good, but never great. Black label is one of the better ones. Chivas is OK, it's not objectionable. Cutty Sark is not very good, but I give them many points for the picture on the bottle!

slips into the cove for a wee snooze........

:)

Hand Irish a cusion and says...curl up on the deck ... DD was here yesterday tanning...you're welcome to join her I'm sure.

Today we continue the premise that it is 76F in the Cove, with a warm gentle breeze and lots of sun. Too early for booze for me, but I've got my coffee and I'm sure, given what today has in store for me, I'll be hitting the bottle by noon...

Mrs.H! Stop by more often. Pull up a seat cusion and grab a drink. General topics of discussion include good booze and sailing, weather (and whether we can stand another day of this cold), and brass polishing ;)

In general I agree. I love the complexity and depth of single malt. It amazes me how different they can be and everyone has their favorite. Blended are, well, blended. They differ little and they are designed to be generally good, but never great. Black label is one of the better ones. Chivas is OK, it's not objectionable. Cutty Sark is not very good, but I give them many points for the picture on the bottle!

Hand Irish a cusion and says...curl up on the deck ... DD was here yesterday tanning...you're welcome to join her I'm sure.

Today we continue the premise that it is 76F in the Cove, with a warm gentle breeze and lots of sun. Too early for booze for me, but I've got my coffee and I'm sure, given what today has in store for me, I'll be hitting the bottle by noon...

Sailer hmmmmmm, well I don't drink or sail. I don't polish brass and the weather here will be cold til June.

Ok, looks like I dont belong LMAO!!!!!!!

Assures the lovely Mrs.H that she belongs just because she is a wonderful person and well rather sexy. Then he goes back to varnishing the starboard cockpit combing.

Sailer hmmmmmm, well I don't drink or sail. I don't polish brass and the weather here will be cold til June.

Ok, looks like I dont belong LMAO!!!!!!!

No no...the weather in the Cove is always perfect.
You can sit on the deck and just look pretty...:kiss:
we don't require much here.

Lunch Time!

Sitting hear, eating a sandwich.
Drinking some water.
Imagining that I'm sitting on a 50' boat, with two or three lovely Lit ladies sunning themselves on the foredeck. The sun is shining, it's warm...

Sigh...
Damn, now back to work...

evening from this part of the Cove ....... glad to hear the sun's out and we have some company enjoying the opportunit to get a few rays

:D

Evening Chris....I think the sun is always out in the Cove.

Greetings DD and Chris! Damn glad to see you both.
Grab a cushion, galley's open, bar's open...help yourselves...

*grabs a muffin and a diet coke*

Hey Sailer, always good to see you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back