Ask a MtF TG a question

I posted what I thought was a possible solution. Now I leave it to the society to evolve and let a natural solution emerge in future hopefully.
I hope it evolves sooner for states in the US that are offering rewards for outing trans people. The problem is that society in these cases doesn't evolve: politicians have to search their conscious and realise they have a responsibility to do the right thing once in a while and not pander to a bunch of load mouthed rednecks.

hi

I hope it evolves sooner for states in the US that are offering rewards for outing trans people. The problem is that society in these cases doesn't evolve: politicians have to search their conscious and realise they have a responsibility to do the right thing once in a while and not pander to a bunch of load mouthed rednecks.

The trans people are part of Creation.They did not choose that. Those who are intolerant are dishonoring the very GOD they worship. Is this fair to the beliefs? I find this contradictory.

If you hear/read a Swedish study in 2011 being (mis)cited then here is a definitive interview of one of the lead clinicians who conducted the research

http://www.transadvocate.com/fact-check-study-shows-transition-makes-trans-people-suicidal_n_15483.htm

She's fucked off and so are we: use the link to stop trans-haters and hand-wringing do-gooders in their tracks.

• No, the study does not show that medical transition results in suicide or suicidal ideation. The study explicitly states that such is not the case and those using this study to make that claim are using fallacious logic.
  • No, the study does not prove that trans women are rapists or likely to be rapists. The “male pattern of criminality” found in the 1973 to 1988 cohort group was not a euphemism for rape.
  • No, the study does not prove that trans women exhibit male socialization. The “male pattern of criminality” found in the 1973 to 1988 cohort group was not a claim that trans women were convicted of the same types of crime as cis men. - See more at: http://www.transadvocate.com/fact-c...ple-suicidal_n_15483.htm#sthash.JThy0oq8.dpuf

Last edited:
[*]No, the study does not show that medical transition results in suicide or suicidal ideation. The study explicitly states that such is not the case and those using this study to make that claim are using fallacious logic.

I remember that study. The disclaimer is very, very clear on that point. Sadly hasn't stopped people from citing it out of context, but at least makes it very easy to point them out for the liars they are.

Hey Sticky!

Have you seen the movie, "The Danish Girl?" If so, what did you think?

Brad

Not sure if this is appropriate but here goes. For anyone needing some inspiration go to you tube and watch Isley Reust's videos. She is such a beautiful person and shines with an inner glow. She has some very nice music also. Be sure to give her likes and if you comment make them filled with admiration. Stickey, I visualize you much like her.

Not sure if this is appropriate but here goes. For anyone needing some inspiration go to you tube and watch Isley Reust's videos. She is such a beautiful person and shines with an inner glow. She has some very nice music also. Be sure to give her likes and if you comment make them filled with admiration. Stickey, I visualize you much like her.
That's entirely appropriate - her vlog is another useful trans resource.:)
It also proves my theory that all trans women play guitar, because we stay in so much and need a hobby :cool:

It also proves my theory that all trans women play guitar, because we stay in so much and need a hobby :cool:

In America there is a term for someone who stays in and plays the guitar a lot. It's called "woodshedding", as in, practicing guitar in the wood shed so you don't have an audience while you are playing.

I've been a woodshedder for a long time. I try to keep a guitar out of its case and within easy reach so I can pick it up on a whim.

In America there is a term for someone who stays in and plays the guitar a lot. It's called "woodshedding", as in, practicing guitar in the wood shed so you don't have an audience while you are playing.

I've been a woodshedder for a long time. I try to keep a guitar out of its case and within easy reach so I can pick it up on a whim.
I was involved in a lot of music in school, but a cello isn't the easiest instrument to either buy or carry around, so an acoustic guitar is a close second. Since I have neighbours I don't get a chance to strum/rhythm much, so I've ended up finger picking :)
Nearly every trans woman I've on YT has a guitar in the background :D Woodshedders sounds a bit dodgy though!

Hiya Tombo
I've been seriously boring
but my guitar playing has improved :rolleyes:
:kiss:

There's a plus side to everything. I played guitar a lot until I got into my 30's and just had too much other stuff going on. Good way to keep yourself out of trouble ...

... or get into trouble if you're of such a mind set! :D

I was involved in a lot of music in school, but a cello isn't the easiest instrument to either buy or carry around, so an acoustic guitar is a close second. Since I have neighbours I don't get a chance to strum/rhythm much, so I've ended up finger picking :)
Nearly every trans woman I've on YT has a guitar in the background :D Woodshedders sounds a bit dodgy though!

I've become resigned to the fact that most people will consider me a bit dodgy, so woodshedder might be a good term for me. The weird thing is, I find that most people also consider themselves outsiders in some basic way. This was an important discovery for me in learning how to connect with others, and in recognizing my need for solitude, also.

Now I thought you were into camping at the beach and such.

I torcher a mountain dulcimer myself.

Howdy, my dear friend,

How long do you date someone before you tell them your history? Or do you think it's none of their business and shouldn't dare/know at all?

How long in dog years do you think it will take us as a society to not give a fuck about things like gender and sexual orientation?

I'm just not busy at work and thought I'd ask you some more patrician based questions.

BBB

Howdy, my dear friend,

How long do you date someone before you tell them your history? Or do you think it's none of their business and shouldn't dare/know at all?

How long in dog years do you think it will take us as a society to not give a fuck about things like gender and sexual orientation?

I'm just not busy at work and thought I'd ask you some more patrician based questions.

BBB

No, that's a v good question. I'd have to gauge things... maybe at the end of a first date, at my door with my keys in the lock... it really depends on how things have gone. I mean if he's a jerk, then I wouldn't bother telling him - just dump him. It is their business - of course it is. The longer you leave it the more difficult the revelation.
The main thing is to do it only when you know he isn't likely to react badly.

As for the dog years question...
You only have to watch the news to realise bigotry and narrow-minded hatred is alive and well. The best we can hope for is that in ten years trans folk raise no more eyebrows than gays did all those years ago..

Last edited:
No, that's a v good question. I'd have to gauge things... maybe at the end of a first date, at my door with my keys in the lock... it really depends on how things have gone. I mean if he's a jerk, then I wouldn't bother telling him - just dump him. It is their business - of course it is. The longer you leave it the more difficult the revelation.
The main thing is to do it only when you know he isn't likely to react badly.

As for the dog years question...
You only have to watch the news to realise bigotry and narrow-minded hatred is alive and well. The best we can hope for is that in ten years trans folk raise no more eyebrows than gays did all those years ago..

Thanks so much. Dating is hard enough as it is, but we all have histories, don't we?

It's a slow week....so here comes another question....and it may be one of the dumbest yet. For the most part, men and women walk and talk very differently. Have you done anything to change how you walk and/or how you speak? Or did you not feel it necessary?

Thanks so much. Dating is hard enough as it is, but we all have histories, don't we?

It's a slow week....so here comes another question....and it may be one of the dumbest yet. For the most part, men and women walk and talk very differently. Have you done anything to change how you walk and/or how you speak? Or did you not feel it necessary?
You see that false modesty of your Brad will getcha into trouble ;)
That's not a dumb question: no such thing - only dumb answers. So here's one!

Lets do talk first. I think I had a head start with this because of singing. When my voice broke, I still had my top range and still sang in it as well, so that kept my vocal chords in trim. Then music teaches you rhythm and intonation and phrasing and each of those is different between men and women. It would take too long to go into detail, but the simplest thing is to listen and break down what is being said into the speed, pitch and rhythm of the words - and to a lesser extent the vocabulary. With practise you can recognise the patterns and then imitate them - you know about music, right?
Then you have to link what you are saying with facial and body expressions. I got some coaching in this and was taught to use my hands in an over-exaggerated way to begin with… like Italians do! Then you just ease back a bit until it fits with you.
The pitch, how high or low, doesn't impact on the listener as much as all the other things. Lots of women have quite deep voices but they never get questioned on the phone because of their delivery.

Walking. Heels. Frigging heels. I can't do them. They're the work of the devil and not my style. I do have some though.
As for swinging your ass…. I think it has to do with dicks or lack of. Try tucking your dick between your legs and walking….see? And men do that whole "I'm a hulk so don't mess with me" in their gait. Big strides. All from the shoulder.
Long dresses demand a bit more concentration: placing your next step in front of the previous, not to the side… but then I don't have to swing my leg round my balls, so it figures, right?
I need to stick my tits out a bit, I take shorter strides, I sure have no macho to prove.
…and I gotta cute ass so, y'know - I make the best of things :)

Stickygirl, I cannot do heels for long very often any more either. My Italian girlfriends running through the cobbles in their heels made me feel so old as I plod in my flatties :rolleyes:. Maybe if we ever meet up we can practise heel wearing together. :D

Elle

Can I tag along?

Stickygirl, I cannot do heels for long very often any more either. My Italian girlfriends running through the cobbles in their heels made me feel so old as I plod in my flatties :rolleyes:. Maybe if we ever meet up we can practise heel wearing together. :D

Elle

Louboutin makes these too! How cool are those?

But yea... ya gotta cry for these ... I mean just .. gah :eek:

Back