Lover of Antiquity

AngelofDeath

Devious
Joined
Sep 19, 2003
Posts
10,753
(closed for maurader13)

The past

Nafisa sighed as she tested the shackles about her wrists. She and her crew had finally taken the wrong ship and now they were paying for it. Most had already been executed, but she had been left alive to face the ship's owner. Apparently death was too good for her. For years Nafisa bint Sulayman ibn Hammad ibn Khalid al-Ḥarīrī had sailed the seas and taken what she'd wanted when she wanted. Female cosairs were rare, but they did happen. While she had never dealt in the slave trade, she had taken many a merchant vessel and cargo ship. She did not thing her cast wealth or her heritage would save her this time however.

When the door of her prison swung up, she raised her head, honey eyes, narrowed as two guards strode forward. Whatever her fate was to be she would face it with dignity. She was not a woman to cower and beg. They dragged her out of the cell and down the long and twisting halls of the palace. They threw her down upon the marble floor with no care. Cursing under her breath, Nafisa pushed herself to her feet before her captor. The man before her was aged, but his eyes still had the fire of youth. He was garbed as a man of power and wealth.

"Do you know who I am girl? Of course if you did you would not have dared to take what is and always shall be mine."

Her chin lifted in defiance, but said nothing.

He took a step closer to her, "Your men, are all but dead. Your ship, nothing but ash. Are you not curious as to what your fate will be?"

"I do not care. I am a Cosair and I fear no man. You will kill me or you will sell me. If you expect me to beg for your mercy, it will not happen. The only thing I regret is that we did not kill more of your men."

His head was thrown back in a dark and heavy laugh. When his eyes met hers again they were filled with an unholy fire and power. Nafisa took half a step back from him, but in her soul she knew trying to run would be useless. She watched as he drew a sheathed dagger from his waist, her dagger.

"Nafisa bint Sulayman ibn Hammad ibn Khalid al-Ḥarīrī, you will learn to regret. And possibly more in the time of your punishment." Drawing the blade, his men took holds of her as he strode forward. Taking her right hand he dragged the sharp edge over her palm. Crying out she watched as the blade seem to drink in her blood and glowed.

"You will not die, no you will live and serve. This blade that has shed much blood will be your home and by which you are controlled." The sorcerer continued to speak, his words filling her ears and something filled her body, chaining her more tightly than her physical bonds did. Something began to pull at her, the world growing smaller and darker. By the time Nafisa could even begin to understand what was happening her scream came too late. She was trapped, bound with then blade the sorcerer slid back into its sheath.

For years Nafisa would pass from hand to hand, used in whatever way her new master would wish before she was returned to her prison. Time as always changed, with each release Nafisa would find herself in a new land, a new time. Part of her enchantment allowed her to instantly know the language of her master, because what was the point of a slave who couldn't understand your commands?

Eventually decades passed even centuries between the last time she had been summoned. The dagger collected dust and went from one hand to another, appreciated for its beauty, but never truly studied. Just as blood had bound her it would take the blood of her master to release her.

The Present

The dagger lay nestled upon a black silk pillow for all the bidders to see. It had been cleaned of dust and the jewels upon it shone in the afternoon light.

"Up for bid now we have a a jeweled dagger. Late 14th century early 15th century, Persian. There are a total of 4 emeralds and 52 diamonds. The sheath is covered in both gold and mother of pearl. The blade is in mint condition. It comes to us from the Estate of Arthur Whintrope IV. We will start the bidding at $20,000"


topkapi-emerald-dagger-museum-palace-nadir-shah.jpg
The dagger

Vaneeza-Ahmed-2.jpg
Nafisa

(closed for maurader13)
 
Last edited:
Charles Carseldine sat quietly as the previous items up for auction were brought forth, and sold. This was not something that he would normally attend, except for three reasons.

Firstly, as one of the connections of Annabelle's Grace, he was entitled to a percentage of the profits from the winnings of now three year old Mare. He had just been recently paid his share, and it was a healthy payout. The horse managed to find her form in the key time of year, placing in every race she ran, winning the last two. So, since he was flush with some extra funds, he decided to share some of it around.

Secondly, he had know of Arthur Whintrope IV through the normal social circles he moved in. The man had quite the collection, and while he had no one to pass it onto, he decide that rather give it to any museums, he would sell the collection, and the money would go to charities he was involved in. Charles thought of no better way to part with some of his funds than by contributing to a worthy cause.

Finally, when he had looked at the catalogue of the old man's collection, he was taken by the Persian dagger. Something about it appealed to him, and he knew of the perfect spot to place it for the best effect. A nice, manageable sized artifact that had visual appeal, and undoubtedly a very interesting history attached.

"Up for bid now we have a a jeweled dagger. Late 14th century early 15th century, Persian. There are a total of 4 emeralds and 52 diamonds. The sheath is covered in both gold and mother of pearl. The blade is in mint condition. It comes to us from the Estate of Arthur Whintrope IV. We will start the bidding at $20,000"

Charles raised his assigned number, the ominous 13, to declare his bid. The auctioneer registered the bid, raising the price by $2,000 for the next bidder. Charles sat back, letting the price climb a little, before reentering the bidding with a bid of $36,000. By that stage, there were three other bidders, and Charles knew that there was a lurker about. There normally was at such sales.

As he suspected, the lurker entered the fray once the price went over $40,000, and the increases dropped to $1,000. The lurker killed off all but one bidder by the time the price reached $52,000, and they dueled all the way to $60,000. Then they paused, which Charles used to go in for the kill.

"Sixty one thousand?"

Tab 13 popped up in the air.

"We have sixty one thousand. Any takers for sixty two?" The auctioneer looked over at the lurker, tab 42, who reluctantly raised his number.

Charles immediately flagged his bid. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the man flinch at the speed of Charles' counter bid. Charles wanted the dagger, and since he was no where near reaching his budget, he was going to be a rather aggressive bidder while still within his bounds. The Lurker lifted his number again, Charles following suit as soon as the previous number was down.

The slight shake of the other man's head finished the sale of the dagger.

"I have a closing bid of sixty three thousand. Going... going... gone!" The sharp rap of the hammer and it was done. Charles leant back in the chair and smiled. Since he had funds to spare, he sat through the remainder of the auction in case something there caught his eye.

~||~​

Charles walked into his penthouse suite in the inner city. He owned the entire top two floors, where he spent the majority of his time while looking after his many, varied business and social affairs. He placed the wooden box on the side table while he took off his jacket, and hung it in the robe near the main door.

He profile in the mirror was pleasing to him. Tall, with the slightest showing of the dreaded middle aged spread, he still looked good for a man staring down the barrel of forty. Rich brown hair with a dash of gray at the temples, clean shaven face that showed the effects of a healthy outdoor life; a light tan and few freckles. A small number of crows feet beside the bright blue eyes that had not dimmed since his teens.

He clutched the box, heading up stairs to his study where his latest purchase would take pride of place. The stairs were taken two at a time with a lively spring in his steps. Within a minute, he was seated at his desk, carefully lifting the lid to see the antique safely nestled within the molded velvet pillow. Cautious fingers eased their way into the gaps, and lifted the centuries old weapon into the light.

"What tales could you tell me, if you could talk? Who made you? Who was fortunate to own you back then? Were you used for the purpose you were made for?"

He carefully pulled the handle and sheath apart, revealing the slightly curved blade within. The metal shone in the way that only pristine metal could. Charles turned it reverently, inspecting it closely to see the signs of life on it; where it had been sharpened, nicks worked from it and other signs of character in the blade itself.

He brought his thumb to the blade's edge, to check the sharpness. But as he dragged his skin across the edge, it slipped along the edge slightly. The edge, still carrying an edge just less sharper than a razor, bit through his skin, tasting some of his own blood.

"Owww." Charles laughed at himself as he placed the dagger on the desk's blotter, reaching for a handkerchief to dab up the blood on his thumb. "Nice to know you are still well honed and willing to spill blood, O Mighty Warrior." What he failed to notice was the blade was clean, no trace of his blood was anywhere to be seen.

The main reason for that failure was the woman standing a few feet from his desk. She was dressed in what he believed to be Arabic, or possibly Persian traditional dress. She was clearly of middle eastern descent going by the colour of her skin, as well as the features of her face.

"How in blue blazes did you get in here? Who are you? I demand to know this minute!"
 
Being inside the blade was like being in a dream really. She was never tired and never hungry, she just existed. When the dagger had been bought, Nafisa came to another level of awareness, was it possible she would be finally summoned? Her last master had been a man of many years, who much to her surprise had only wanted her company. 10 years of being his companion had done wonders for her attitude. Unfortunately he had refused to let her turn back to hands of time for him, and he had been unable to free her from her prison when his time came. That had been in the late 1800s. Now it was the 21st century.

The nature of her curse allowed her to know the century, the country and the language of her her new master. The basics of what she would need to serve the man across from her. It was clear that her summoning had been accidental, which meant she would have to convince the man before her that neither she nor he was mad.

"How in blue blazes did you get in here? Who are you? I demand to know this minute!"

"You released me," her husky voice still carried a hint of accent. She pointed to the blade and the finger than was starting to heal, "Your blood freed me from my prison within the dagger." She took a step closer, eyes looking him over as she answered his question, "As to who I am, my name is Nafisa and I am," her lip curled with a bit of disgust, "your slave for however long you wish me to serve you."

It was obvious he was wealthy, older, but no aged. Which if she weren't lucky could mean he would want her for his bed. No it couldn't be another man to old for his body to appreciate hers, or even a woman this time. That was of course assuming he believed her. This time of his was very different from the last time she was out, very different indeed. She had a feeling that people of this time did not believe in things like magic and spells. And if they did they were in small numbers.

She turned away to look around the room, taking in all the things that were familiar and those that were not. "And before you ask, no I did not break in. I learned not to steal from those I don't know centuries ago. You're also not going crazy either, Master." Nafisa said master like other people said dog or an insult. "And neither am I. You've just simply found yourself in a position to know that there is more to the world than you have known so far."
 
Charles let himself calm. She was making no threatening movements, plus he had a pistol within easy reach if she started anything suspicious. She also appeared calm, he could have even said resigned going by the look on her face. She seemed totally at ease with her costume. She must have worn it often to be so casual about it.

"You released me. Your blood freed me from my prison within the dagger. As to who I am, my name is Nafisa and I am your slave for however long you wish me to serve you."

He took a quick glance at the blade, and it held no stain at all. It was still clean, and in pristine condition. He slid the blade back into its home, resting it once more on the desk. His mind worked over what she said, and more importantly how she said it. There was contempt and disgust in her voice and manner as she declared herself.

Part of him was wondering whether it was part of some elaborate prank, or some diversion for something else. He tapped the screen to his right, calling up the security system status. Everything was operational, and there was no signs of entry, apart from himself. There was no way she could have snuck past security downstairs, and they would have told him of any visitors waiting for him.

She turned slowly, observing the room as if doing some form of audit, or inspection, completely oblivious to his presence. Again, her manner seemed to show that this was something she had done before. Almost habit, but definitely some routine of hers. He could have sworn she was drinking in her environment, and getting her bearings.

"And before you ask, no I did not break in. I learned not to steal from those I don't know centuries ago. You're also not going crazy either, Master. And neither am I. You've just simply found yourself in a position to know that there is more to the world than you have known so far."

Again, came the flash of contempt with the implication that she was his slave, he was her Master. She seemed to hate that she was forced to serve, at least in her mind she had to serve. He had nothing on hand to reinforce any strong discipline if she wasn't speaking the truth.

How she managed to get where she was without being seen was beyond him. There were no blind spots in the room where she could have hidden prior to revealing herself, and it was not possible for her to have covered the distance from the closed door to where she stood in the time it took him to nick his thumb. He was torn whether to believe her fanciful tale or not. Too many things were beyond the ability to explain by his knowledge, and the inferences by her statements seemed to support those unknowns.

Rather than argue with her right there, he decided to play along, and see if there were any cracks in the woman's tale.

"Well, Nafisa, you claim you were imprisoned in the dagger, cursed to serve those that bring you out? Why were you imprisoned? Did you steal something you shouldn't have? And how long have you been stuck in your gaol?"

While she answered, his mind raced forward to find a way of testing her without endangering either of them. When the idea finally struck, it was simple, suitable and would grant him some slight enjoyment before he turned matters over to the police.

"If what you say is true, Nafisa, that you are indeed my slave, then you will obey any command I give you that you are capable of performing, correct? Then, as my first official command as your Master, you will remove your clothing, and show me that you have nothing hidden within them, or on your person."
 
Why were you imprisoned?Did you steal something you shouldn't have? She gave him a look that said how original that question was, but she answered anyways, "I attacked a merchant vessel belonging to a sorcerer. If I had known, I might not have done it." Nafisa was being honest, even if she had known the truth she still might have taken the ship, after all it was what she did and why should the man have been treated differently

"And how long have you been stuck in your gaol?" Her other favorite question. "Somewhere around 600 years." As she answered she could see the gears turning in his head. Even before he spoke again Nafisa knew he was going to ask her or command her to do something that would prove she was telling the truth.

Imagine her surprised when he commanded her to strip. That was, a first actually. Even when previous masters had want of her body, their first command had usually been something mundane like make such and such item appear before them. She already knew from painful experience what would happen if she disobeyed him and to be honest, this was better than having to preform parlor tricks.

Nafisa kept her eyes locked on his as she flexed her powers, the buttons on the back of the dress undoing themselves before she pulled the dress down. Even when she bent to push the red fabric down over her hips, her eyes never left his. If he wanted to look so be it. Stepping out of the pool of red she held her hands out and turned. She was naked save for her jewelry. "Is this to your satisfaction Master?"

The could be worse, she could still be stuck in a time where she might be accused of being a witch. Or dealing with a man turned hysterical woman, claiming they had gone mad after her appearance. Nafisa was not shy about her body and did not attempt to hide herself from him. "Or would you prefer I come closer?"
 
Her reactions to his questions were proving to be further proof to her claims. The looks he got from her to her questions spoke whole volumes, more so than her actual answers. But he learned enough from her to make it easier to do a little research later to determine how close to the mark she was with her tale.

Likewise, her surprise was not hidden when he finally commanded her. In the brief moment, he thought he had broken her carefully constructed persona. She had obviously never been asked to strip before. But she held his gaze, as her dress was removed from her body. She never blanched, nor delayed the fulfillment of his command. He was slightly shocked at the ease which she did as he commanded.

He took a moment or two to adjust to the presence of a naked stranger in his study. Quite an attractive naked stranger. She was healthy, in a way that suggested lots of physical activity, eating relatively good food, rather than gym work and what passed for food these days. There was little doubting that Nafisa was indeed a woman. She was not muscle bound, but he was sure that she had her own strength.

"Well, it is good to see that you are not hiding anything on your person, but I also requested that you show that your clothing was free of anything hiding in it. Is this acceptable behaviour for a slave from where you come from, Nafisa?"

The longer he was aware of her nakedness, the more his body reacted to her. He found himself growing harder as abstinence based lust started to surge within him. She was definitely easy on the eye, as some of his friends would say, moreso while practically naked. He stood slowly, lifting the dagger from the table. He walked off to one side, turning to face her.

"Since you seem unable to follow commands, it would seem that I need to punish you for your failure. Bend over the table, leaving both hands flat on the surface. This will not be as useful as it could be because I lack the necessary implements, but I will make do with what I have on hand."

Once she was in position, he walked over to the cabinet that held remembrances of his connections with the horse racing industry. He opened it up, and reached for a riding crop that sat on display. He placed the dagger within the cabinet before he took down the crop, closing the cabinet and walking over to where she stood, bent over the table.

'Let's see how far she is willing to go. If this is a charade, she will surely crack. If not, then I have indeed been most fortunate.'

"Look ahead, and do not turn you face back."

He gave her a hard strike across her arse with the crop. He watched the flesh ripple from the blow, pausing to note her reaction. He then struck her a further nine times, each time with the same strength, but varying the place where the blows fell. By the time he finished, he could see the welts starting to form from the blows.

He moved around to take his seat, putting him directly across from Nafisa.

"Is it possible for you to heal yourself, or do you have to heal like everyone else?"
 
Nafisa had expected a the usual ripple of pain than came with disobedience, but nothing came. It then came to her. He hadn't be specific, so dropping her dress had been enough. Oh well until he asked for a run down of her abilities that was one tiny loophole she intended to keep quiet. If he had expected her to whimper or even flinch away he must have been shocked when she did neither. This was not the first time she had been hit. Not when she was "human" and not since she had been cursed.

She took all ten blows with silent obedience. He had strength to him, which proved while he had money he had not let them stop him from staying fit, like men of the past. Nafisa felt each welt as it raised on her skin. When he was done and walking past her she noticed the slight tenting of his pants. Either her nudity or what he had done, had aroused him. She couldn't be sure of which because probing the mind of her master was not a gift she had.

Taking a seat before her, he asked if she would heal herself or would she be like 'everyone else'. "Everyone else is not cursed Master. Short of serious injury my body will heal on its own." Already she could feel the warm welts beginning to fade. Her new Master was a serious man. This time around would prove to be interesting or have her waiting for the moment she could be returned to her prison. He was going to be a challenge that was for sure. A small glint of mischief came to her eyes as she readied herself for her next statement

"Is my Master satisfied to my story or shall we continue with trifles meant to find lies from the lips of a human woman? Or is it simply that my new Master is too scared to ask or command of me something that would give him true proof?" Years of imprisonment hadn't dulled her sharp tongue or her need to dig at men around her. Nafisa came from a time where a woman of her station was expected to be educated but soft. Submissive to the men in her life. One couldn't not command a ship of cosairs like that. Nafisa was a fighter, a captain.

If he wanted proof, real proof she was more than willing to give it to him.
 
Nafisa never flinched, nor uttered a sound during the beating with the crop. He was really starting to lean more heavily to her speaking truthfully. As he sat, listening to her reply, he caught something in her look, a slight amusement. He felt himself harden, mentally and emotionally, at that sight. She was teasing him, playing with him at some level. Charles was not someone who liked being on the receiving end of such playfulness, not some someone as disrespectful as her.

"Is my Master satisfied to my story or shall we continue with trifles meant to find lies from the lips of a human woman? Or is it simply that my new Master is too scared to ask or command of me something that would give him true proof?"

Charles' eyes narrowed dangerously at the way she spoke to him. If she was indeed his slave, her manner was not befitting that of a slave, at least in his thoughts of one.

"Your master is not as yet fully aware of the capabilities of his cursed slave, so he can't command of her what he has no knowledge of. If you have the means of proving to me that you are as you say you are, and that you are indeed bound to serve me, then do so. But, my slave," he emphasized the word to tell her that he considered her to be just that, "you will be more respectful of your Master, especially when you present this proof."

He leaned forward, bringing his face close to hers. "Because before you do, slave, you will tell me, with all honesty and withholding nothing, what is the most effective manner that your Master can punish you? What will cause you the greatest discomfort, physically, mentally, emotionally, or any combination there in, that can be used to show you the error of your ways?"
 
"If you have the means of proving to me that you are as you say you are, and that you are indeed bound to serve me, then do so....you will be more respectful of your Master, especially when you present this proof."

Nasfia had her hand raised ready to show him she spoke to the truth and to remind him that respect was earned not given, when he stopped her.

"Because before you do, slave, you will tell me, with all honesty and withholding nothing, what is the most effective manner that your Master can punish you? What will cause you the greatest discomfort, physically, mentally, emotionally, or any combination there in, that can be used to show you the error of your ways?"

Her skin crawled at the notion and before she thought, Nafisa raised to her full height, her head would have just been under his chin had they been standing closely. She spared a glance towards the dagger before answering, "Short of returning me to my prison? Nothing really, my Master. Centuries I have been a slave and for centuries I have been at the will of others. Beaten, cut, branded all of it pales in comparison to my silent home. Silent because until I am summoned by blood I know nothing of the outside world. Now should you return me to until you call for me, I see what you see, know what you know. There is no greater pain than being just on the other side of the world. Not even direct disobedience. "

Her hand played with the necklace about her neck, more out of habit than need. "Physical pain eventually heals. Mental pain? You're a few hundred years too late. Emotions? Save anger I don't have much left." Nafisa could be hurt, but not broken. If she had been a weaker woman, one given to bowing even to a greater power, she would not be here as she was before him.

Nafisa bowed low, her nudity not giving her pause. As she rose she snapped her fingers. Before him on the table, appeared her proof. Food, wine, jewels the size of a baby's fist and the day's newspaper.

"I will be respectful my master, but as I am sure you know, true respect is earned. I held ships and men at my command for five years. It was neither beauty, power or even wealth that kept them loyal to me. My body is the slave, not my mind." Lowering her eyes and softening her tone she asked, "Is there anything else I can do for you Master?"
 
Something crossed her mind and reflected in her face at his final command. But she stood up, her bearing was one of strength. He saw similar in those who led men in battle while he was in the Army. Not necessarily officers, but those who had the strength of will to do their jobs, and get others to do theirs too.

Charles listened intently as Nafisa answered him, listing everything that had been done to her since the time of her curse. Again, the manner that she spoke of them made him believe her more than what she spoke of. There was still a part of him that refused to believe that this woman was indeed what she claimed to be, since it was not possible for that to be.

He watched her bow, more for the effects the move had on her still naked body. In the course of talking to her, her comfort in her own nudity made him almost unaware of it himself. But her bow awoke his more base desires. And just like in a movie, when she was upright, a snap of her fingers brought forth a bounty upon his table that left him stunned. Of everything there, the one item that turned his world on its side was the copy of the newspaper he had seen earlier in the day.

"I will be respectful my master, but as I am sure you know, true respect is earned. I held ships and men at my command for five years. It was neither beauty, power or even wealth that kept them loyal to me. My body is the slave, not my mind."

He tore his gaze away form what was on his table, back to the woman who made it appear.

"Is there anything else I can do for you Master?"

He knew he looked slightly pale, as he felt it in his face. What was before him was real. He could smell all of the foods before him, and the newspaper's headline, main and secondary stories were exactly as they should be. There was no illusion, no slight of hand that brought them to his desk. Charles was open minded, willing to accept what occurred if he couldn't find a valid reason and explanation not to. Either he had gone mentally unstable and was hallucinating in a controlled manner, or the woman was telling the complete, unvarnished truth about herself, and their situation.

"Nafisa, you said you were a captain of a ship? Then you will know about the chain of command and how it works. I know that there is no real respect for me now, for I have not earned it from you, just the same as you have not earned it from me. But in the mean time, I expect you to behave in that way. I will not have you speak in a tone of voice when you address me that equates to how you would feel stepping barefoot on a dog's turd."

He slowly stood up, adjusting his vest and shirt as he circled the laden table to stand before her.

"I am sure that you have encountered many who have doubted you as much as I, and have lived through them adjusting to the new reality. In this day and age, we are made to believe that things such as what happened to you can't happen. That they are impossible. I am more pragmatic than most. I wont reject anything because it falls outside what I have been told to expect. I will use my own intellect to determine what is indeed possible.

"But even still, this is going to take some time to adjust to. Even now, my mind is trying hard to find flaw in what is happening, one aspect to disprove it all. I was going to query your ability to speak and understand English, until I realized that whoever cursed you wanted you to serve, and serve well. How better than to make you understand your Master's language and speak it.

"Is there anything else you can do for me? Right now, yes. You can tell me if there is anything this curse of yours prevents you from doing, even if directly commanded by your Master? What other gifts or powers do you possess, and what is the cost associated with them? I would gather that your curse powers things such as what you have placed on my table. But to my mind, the price would not be pleasant.

"But first, dress yourself again, and remove everything you placed on my table, then answer my questions."
 
That had done it, her new master was well and thoroughly shocked. He took all in stride, which was frankly a welcome change. There was nothing more annoying than seeing a man reduced to hysterics. For some reason she had never had a single female master. Probably to Sorcerer's doing. Not that she gave women, more credit, but if there was more of a chance that a woman by now would have freed her. The only real issue with that was, that even Nafisa didn't know that. Even when asked directly, she could not give the answer, because it was not her's to give.

That old bastard was more than dead by now.

She watched silently as he took it all in before he finally found her voice and started to talk. "But in the mean time, I expect you to behave in that way. I will not have you speak in a tone of voice when you address me that equates to how you would feel stepping barefoot on a dog's turd."

"As you wish Master." She watched as he stood, composing himself as he continued on. Explaining that he would need time to accept this all, which of course was normal. Even Nafisa didn't expect someone to readily accept all of this. Well except madmen and anyone who had purposely sought out the dagger, based on her tale.

"You can tell me if there is anything this curse of yours prevents you from doing, even if directly commanded by your Master? What other gifts or powers do you possess, and what is the cost associated with them? I would gather that your curse powers things such as what you have placed on my table. But to my mind, the price would not be pleasant.

"But first, dress yourself again, and remove everything you placed on my table, then answer my questions."


"Yes master." With another snap the table was empty once again and she walked over to her dress. Pulling it back on and the straps upon her shoulders, the buttons did themselves. While attractive the clothing was just another reminder of her curse, no matter the time, no matter who called her, she always appeared as thus.

"Now to answer your other questions. The only thing I can't do, that I have discovered in my time, is that I cannot directly take another's life. So there's no worries about me killing you to kill myself for the most obvious of reasons. I can set things in motion, but by my own hand? No." Nafisa swept her hair back, "I can manipulate time to some extent. Take you anywhere you wish, or bring anything you want to you. I can heal wounds, but I cannot cheat death, if it is truly someone's time. I can speak whatever language needed and if need be look into the minds of others."

She shuddered at that last thought, mostly because there were some things she really didn't know what people thought about. "Cost? There is no cost, other than my freedom I suppose. Old magic put me in that blade, and my own blood. If there is a cost I have yet to find it. Maybe my soul, who knows. I didn't really have time to ask before I was locked away. I also cannot get more than 100 yards of the blade. So I can neither run away, nor can I go anywhere with you, without it."

Nafisa looked at him, still studying. It was still to early to say for sure how this relationship, if you could call it that would turn out. She could grow to like him, or despise him.
 
Charles let her answer his questions, taking in everything she said. Not being able to kill was not a surprise, though setting it in motion would need to be clarified. The rest, again, would be followed at length later, but he knew he was relatively safe from her.

He nodded at the end of her answer, pleased she was not being difficult, or obtuse. Maybe an effect of the curse, maybe just pragmatism on her part. Again, he didn't care as long as the results were within acceptable bounds. He didn't fail to notice she was scrutinizing him closely. He had passed that stage, and was analyzing the information he had on hand.

"When you are freed from your prison, like you are now, do you have need for food, drink and other necessities of a human, such as sleep?" He returned to his seat, turning his chair to face his... slave.

"There is one thing I will cover with you. I am sure by now, every man who has been capable of getting his dick to point away from the ground has had his way with you. You could probably teach me more about sex from what you have been made to do than I have even read about. I am sure that even now, you are wonder how long before I violate your body.

"I wont be. Not for a while at least. I have had more than my fair share of women who would not take part in their fucking, or would put on such a horrible act of enjoying it that they would have done better just lying there. I could, I guess, command you to act as though you were enjoying it, and you could probably fake it well, but I would know the truth. Who knows, I just might get the need to cum in a woman's body, and you'll serve. But unless there is some desire on your part, I shall not be enjoying whatever your body is capable of.

"You are indeed, a very fine looking woman that I would take to my bed in a moment. But you were a pirate captain in a time when women weren't even really thought of as people in some places. You held a position of command, and no one tells a captain of a ship what to do. So, you're a proud woman, fit and can fight too, who is used to bowing to no one, not even other men.

"Now, you are cursed to be the lowest of the low, unable to defy orders by those the magic declare your Master. Your body must do, regardless of what the mind wants. I will not plunge the well of bitterness and hatred, not unless there is a great need for it. I will find other uses for you, slave."

He stood up, giving her a look over once again. "I am going to change, then have my evening meal. You are free to join me for that, even if you don't wish to eat. But once I have eaten, we will talk more. I need to know more about you, so I may better make use of your talents, whatever they may be.

"Until then, you may explore my house, but do not move anything from where it has been placed."

Charles headed towards the door of the study.
 
"When you are freed from your prison, like you are now, do you have need for food, drink and other necessities of a human, such as sleep?"

"Yes, though not at the same level of need I suppose. When I am within the blade I'm in a state of,"she thought for the word, "stasis. My captor was not totally without mercy." Going days, months, years or even longer without food or other things her body needed? Feeling every bit of it, but not dying? No even he had not been that cruel.

While she didn't let it show on her face, Nafisa was surprised by his next statement. It did for the time giver her a better opinion of him. Outside of Jameson, he was right, every last one of her masters once the shock had worn off to make use of her body. "At the moment? No, desire on my part. My days of sleeping with men I barely no by choice have long since past." He had also been right about her extensive knowledge. Nafisa had probably done things he'd never known was possible.

She nodded and bowed, "As your wish Master." Once he was out of sight, Nafisa set about exploring. He was a man of power. Only once had she ended up with a poor Master. Well poor until he had asked for more wealth than he could ever spend in his lifetime. Like the other he'd used and abused her right up until his death. Josef's death had been one she had enjoyed, watching the light leave his eyes as she told him his time had come and there was nothing she could do for him. With his last breath she had returned to her prison.

It didn't take long for Nafisa to find what she was looking for. "Charles," not a bad name she supposed. A man who clearly took what he wanted, when he wanted. She wondered just how many women he'd had in his life that talk to him as she had. Probably not many, and not for long.

Eventually she dropped herself onto one of his couches and took a moment to her freedom such as it was. Oh to be out of that dark and boring place. Nafisa wouldn't have found it so bad if she had to ability to create some distraction for herself. Her fingers trailed over the soft fabric with a sigh. Oh to be truly free. Of course to survive in this world and time, assuming freedom didn't also equal her death, Nafisa would conjure all of her old treasure, whatever documents she would need and set up for herself a nice comfortable life.
 
Charles went to the kitchen, and found the meal that Alexandra had prepared for him earlier in the day. She would find out about Nafisa sooner than later, so he needed to come up with a reason for her presence. Alex was someone who wouldn't create a stir about a strange woman in her employer's abode, and would accept Nafisa without much question.

Charles sat in the kitchen to eat, sensing that Nafisa would be more wanting alone time than to spend it with him. He reviewed everything he witnessed, replying it in his mind slowly, seeking any clues he may have missed that could show that he experienced something closer to what he considered reality. But everything pointed to the fact that this woman was speaking the truth, and that powers beyond his ability to comprehend were at play.

"It must be a particularly nasty punishment to inflict on a proud, independent woman. To be reduced to a slave. Obviously, there is something in there that keeps her from rebelling, but still gives her free will and thought. And nothing would be more humiliating than to be sexually used and abused and have no way of stopping her Master from doing it." He ate his meal while thinking aloud, talking softly to himself. "Mind you, I can't blame any of them for want to fuck her. She certainly has a fine body, and would feel pretty good too, if she was willing to take part, of course."

He finished eating, placing the used plate and cutlery in the dishwasher. He looked for Nafisa, finding her in one of his lounge rooms.

"I have given it a little thought, Nafisa, about what I will do with you. You are going to become by Personal Assistant. I still work, mostly from here, but there are times when I need to travel and see people face to face. Now, you wont be my PA just for show, you will actually be doing work. Now, you'll get to do all kinds of menial jobs, as well as administrative tasks as well. A cross between your second in charge and a.. a slave.

"We will need to do something about your attire. You will need something more modern and professional while meeting people, though keeping the jewelry will be fine. It will make you look rather exotic when combined with a business suit. I assume that you can learn how to use new items, and do new things? You're not locked into only being able to do what you were capable of at the time you were cursed?"

Charles eased himself into the sofa beside Nafisa, but leaving her a little space between them. He looked over at her, still trying to decide on the next course of action.

"Nafisa, I enjoyed looking at you naked before, and I require that you remove your clothing again so I may enjoy looking on your very fine body again for a while. I know you'd rather probably rather not parade about nude in front of me, but you definitely have nothing to be ashamed of concerning how you look. I wont have you do it all the time, but there will be times when it will be quite nice to see."
 
Even with her eyes closed Nafisa felt the return of her master before she actually heard him. Opening she watched him come into the room and started to speak. His voice was pleasant and different. She chalked the difference up to the change in times and location since she'd last been out. Once Nafisa began to focus on what she was actually saying, she realized that for the moment he simply wanted her assistance in his day to day life.


"I have given it a little thought, Nafisa, about what I will do with you. You are going to become by Personal Assistant. I still work, mostly from here, but there are times when I need to travel and see people face to face. Now, you wont be my PA just for show, you will actually be doing work. Now, you'll get to do all kinds of menial jobs, as well as administrative tasks as well. A cross between your second in charge and a.. a slave."


"Only a slave in that I don't get paid. My last master even in his advanced age still ran the business that paid for his lavish home and I assisted him as needed. Mostly to know who may have been trying to cheat him, but also because he did need to help and was willing to take the help I could provide." Even without her abilities years of being a Cosair had provided her valuable insight. Business men were very much the same. There was always one who wanted more, even when they had plenty. Greed was as old as time.

"We will need to do something about your attire. You will need something more modern and professional while meeting people, though keeping the jewelry will be fine. It will make you look rather exotic when combined with a business suit. I assume that you can learn how to use new items, and do new things? You're not locked into only being able to do what you were capable of at the time you were cursed?"

"No I can learn and absorb whatever is needed to best serve my Master. As for my clothing, this is tied to the curse only in that when called this is what I am wearing. That I have no control over, but when out I can wear whatever you wish." She didn't stop the anger that crept into her voice as she continued, "Keeping me locked in my own time, would make for a poor slave. Assuming I was used for more than, base things." it went unsaid that her full talents had gone unused for the most obvious reasons.

Charles took up the space on the other side of the couch, not crowding her, but it was impossible to ignore his presence.

"Nafisa, I enjoyed looking at you naked before, and I require that you remove your clothing again so I may enjoy looking on your very fine body again for a while. I know you'd rather probably rather not parade about nude in front of me, but you definitely have nothing to be ashamed of concerning how you look. I wont have you do it all the time, but there will be times when it will be quite nice to see."

The look she gave him said he might be wrong or that he might be right. She was long past caring if men or even women looked at her. A bonus of the curse was that her body no longer carried the scars she'd earned in her life. They hadn't taken away from her looks, but they did speak of a woman who had not lead a soft cushy life. "As you wish Master," was all she said as she stood. Between one blink and the next she was naked. Her dress tossed across the back of the couch. A few steps later and she stood before him, her hands spread out to her sides. Everything about her spoke of the peak of youth. Her breasts firm and lifted, smooth unblemished skin. Even her mound only had a faint hint of hair upon it. Her long thick hair hung loosely at her waist.
 
Charles listened to her responses, nodding appreciatively as she detailed her answers to his questions. He was confident that given she could adapt to other aspects of her new environments, that she would be able to learn as well. But it didn't hurt to ask and confirm. She still carried anger over what was done to her, and would probably carry it for the remainder of her time.

Finally, she responded with the neutral toned "As you wish, Master" to his final request. He forgot that she would take his commands literally at times. Nafisa was soon naked, and took her place before him. Charles couldn't really complain at having a leisurely gaze at her body. Quite fit, her breasts still firm and defying the effects of gravity quite nicely. Her belly was flat, and nicely flared hips that dropped onto a pair of legs from many days spent walking the deck of her ship. He liked the length of her hair, the long raven mane stopping down near her waist.

Charles smiled as he looked back at her face. "Thank you, but what I intended was for you to remain naked while going about your assigned tasks and duties.

"Now, I noticed that you conjured food and other items earlier, can you do the same for your new wardrobe? If I were to show you examples of what you would need to wear, would you be able to bring them into being?

"Plus, do you know about telephones? Ah, something else that I didn't think of earlier, you can speak English, my language, but can you read it and write it as well?"

He took a pause to think, and enjoy the novelty of Nafisa's nakedness some more. 'Yes, if nothing else, getting to look at her like this is a fine compensation.'

"The good news is that we have a couple of days to get you a little bit ready for your new role. Now, when in private, you will still address me as Master, but when in company, you will address me as Mister Carseldine. And, I since you won't be sharing my bed on a regular basis, you'll have a room of your own. Within reason, you can furnish it as you like. I may tell you to change things, but we'll see about that later.

"Finally, I wont be in need of your services every moment of the day, so if there are any hobbies or education you seek, then I will help you with it as best I can. Again, within reason, and possibly with some other conditions attached."
 
"Thank you, but what I intended was for you to remain naked while going about your assigned tasks and duties." She smiled at him, "Then Master should learn to be more specific." It wasn't an insult merely and observation. That didn't of course stop him from enjoying the feast that was her flesh in front of him. Men, she sighed to herself. Then again even men who preferred other men looked. There was just something about a naked body, that as long as it was in good condition always drew the attention of others. Even if it wasn't their thing.

"Now, I noticed that you conjured food and other items earlier, can you do the same for your new wardrobe? If I were to show you examples of what you would need to wear, would you be able to bring them into being?

"Plus, do you know about telephones? Ah, something else that I didn't think of earlier, you can speak English, my language, but can you read it and write it as well?"


She nodded slowly, "Yes, I can conjure what you wish for me to wear Master." Nafisa tilted her head as if she were listening to something and nodded, "Ah yes, though the last time I was it was only just an idea, but I know of what you speak. Writing and reading has never been a difficulty for me."

Charles drank her in with his eyes. She couldn't put her finger on it, but there was something different about him. Nafisa didn't know what it was, but she would figure it out eventually. Her master kept talking and Nafisa and nodded. A room of her own to do what she wanted within reason? He might be more like Jameson than she thought. Her eyes dropped down, well almost. She smiled again. If she were of a mind, she might try to manipulate him using his want for her, but it was neither her style nor would it get her anywhere. Such manipulation was really only good if she knew how to free herself.

"Is there anything else I can do for you master? Tell you?" As she put a hand on her hip, the motion pushed her breasts out more. Near unlimited power at his command and he just wanted to look at her, and have her help him. For now. "I am at your command."
 
Charles smiled. She was not really a slave, which is why he was not treating her like one. In her mind, she was still free, though chained tightly.

"Is there anything else I can do for you master? Tell you? I am at your command."

"A fact that I am fully aware of, Nafisa. Might I say, for a woman who is not all that concerned about how she appears to others, your stance is one that is meant to show off your luscious self better.

"You have been curse to be a slave. So, you are reluctant to fulfill those duties, unless there is some imperative to make you. Yes, you have powers that can do much, but in this time, those powers, if not used carefully, will cause more problems than they may fix."

He looked her in the eye, his gaze not faltering. "I am very much attracted to women, and have no such desires for men. However, I have had my fair share of women who would allow me to fuck them, yet showed no interest in the act at all. That did nothing for me at all. It's a complete waste of my time and effort. Give me a woman who is at least interested in sex, and willing to try and enjoy it, and I will be happy to oblige.

"You, Nafisa, make it quite clear that you would do as you were commanded, and not enjoy it at all. That being the case, I'm not going to do it. That simple. I am not some unimaginative lout who will use you for sexual pleasure, and some source of easy power and riches, tempting though the thoughts are. But I will find ways for you to serve me, that will in some measure please me. But I am not going to just jump in without thinking through matters first.

"Finally, regarding my commands, I thought you were a smarter person than you have been showing me. Maybe it is just a short coming of the curse, but I hope that I don't have to be so specific with my commands every time I give you one, because that is going to really piss me off after a while."

Charles slowed himself down, letting himself reflect on what got him so riled. It didn't take long to determine that it was her, Nafisa, and the entire manner in which she came into he life, and the implications that had for him. Some surprises he just plainly didn't like.

"Slave or not, there was no excuse for that outburst aimed at you."
 
"No reason to apologize Master. You thought I was chiding you when I was not. I only mentioned it because if you aren't there can be, unintended consequences. Since I'd rather like to keep things, easy between us its better you are warned to choose your commands carefully. Magic is like any other weapon, it must be wielded carefully."

She closed the distance between them until she was standing in front of his legs. "Master said he wanted to look, so its best to present to best picture. But if you prefer I can slouch." A part of Nafisa was enjoying this. It was likely due to the fact that he was treating her more like a person and less like a piece of flesh and a body to satisfy himself with. Nafisa leaned into him. "And as far as sex and other carnal pleasures go, like you I have no interest in those who don't appeal to me. You could command me to be enthusiastic, but I know you're a man who desires real pleasure from whatever woman gives herself to you. Desiring a body is easy, but no you are man that needs more than just a good body and a fair face to be truly stirred to passion."

Standing back up her hand swept over her body, "Centuries of practice. Even if I don't particularly enjoy being stared at like a prized mare I have learned how best to present myself. Let's say that living at the will of the wind and the sea has somewhat prepared me to deal with my Masters. You are different though. You almost remind me of the one before you. Minus some 20 years of course." Turning Charles was given an eye full of her back as she returned to her former position.

This relationship was going to be like a game of chess. One of them would win or it would end in a draw.
 
"Ahhh, so there is something built into the curse to make you obedient? That is a good thing to know. Very well, if I desire specific behaviour, I shall give specific commands. But for the times you are naked, Nafisa, you do not need to be some form of art form. I am happy to look at you as you are doing whatever you are doing at the time."

When she closed to stand just before him, he felt the automatic reactions kick in. He knew the only way he wouldn't get that sort of reaction would be if he was dead. He slowly swept his gaze over her, once more admiring the overall combination of lines and curves that made up the fine example of womanhood before him.

"I prefer you just be your natural self. The more honest the projection, the far more appealing it is."

"And as far as sex and other carnal pleasures go, like you I have no interest in those who don't appeal to me. You could command me to be enthusiastic, but I know you're a man who desires real pleasure from whatever woman gives herself to you. Desiring a body is easy, but no you are man that needs more than just a good body and a fair face to be truly stirred to passion."

"Exactly. And until I can get that from you, you're safe from being fucked by me, unless my curiousity gets the better of me and I decide to sample you anyway. When would I get the chance to take a Middle Eastern Pirate Captain and not be gutted for it in the process?"

Charles stood up, turning to face Nafisa. "Are you hungry or thirsty? I know you have come out of your prison recently, but I have no idea about your current needs. Speaking of which, Nafisa, you will not conjure any food or drink to be partaken by anyone, including yourself, without my express permission. If you have any such needs, I can show you where you may get food from.

"It has been a long day for me, and I am about to retire. I will show you to your room where you will sleep. Please keep your night time roamings to a minimum. And as I said, you may decorate your room as you like, within my permissions of course. I'll check it in the morning and make my decisions then.

"Have you any questions at this time, my slave?"
 
"I am thirsty Master, but I will not need food til morning." Now that was a first, no one had ever to restrict her ability to provide for herself. Either he was setting his boundaries down, or slowly trying to change her. "As you wish Master." Nasfia retrieved her dress, but she did not put it back on.

"Have you any questions at this time, my slave?" She thought on his question as she followed him, eyes taking in the rest of his home. Did she really have any questions? "Why did you buy the dagger? I ask because it just seems not your style. At least so far as I have see." Nafisa was always curious as to how her dagger came to the hand of her given Master.

First there was Ahamed. She had been a gift to him from the Sorcerer. Like many men of his time he had been cruel as he had been kind. Which meant Nafisa spent much of her time tasting her own blood. After all her reputation had gone far and he had taken pleasure in his revenge for the ships she had taken.

She had been gifted, sold, and inherited. Never stolen though. Once she was summoned she was bound to that Master and that Master alone. Stealing her dagger brought swift justice and death.

Like her current master Jameson had purchased the dagger at an auction. He had been a collector of the old and the strange. He had said that something about the dagger had called to him. Not its beauty, but something deeper. Theirs had been the near perfect relationship. They were partners more than servant and master. He had respected her and she him. When he died, what little humanity was left in her, had died along with him. Caring was a weakness that she couldn't afford to have.

Nafisa would server Charles as she had the rest and that would be it.
 
Charles led her to the kitchen, to show her where she could get water, and other drinks that were freely on offer to her. On the way, he was surprised to hear her question.

"Why did you buy the dagger? I ask because it just seems not your style. At least so far as I have see."

"Well, buying it is not something I would ordinarily do. But Lady Luck had smiled on me, and the last owner of the dagger was a friend of mine. He was selling his collection to raise money for a charity that I support. So, I decided that I would get something this time with the money I was giving away. When I saw the dagger, I knew that was the item I was going to buy. It was different. Not a massive blade, or some other piece of militaria. Persian origin. Not many of those about. I don't know. I saw it, I wanted it, so I bought it."

He stopped in the kitchen. "There are glasses in the cupboard over there. The tap will give chilled, filtered water, or just filtered water. The fridge has jugs of orange, apple and pineapple juices you can have as well. Help yourself to which over of those options takes your fancy."

Again, Charles took the opportunity to enjoy Nafisa's nakedness as she moved about the kitchen. He didn't hide it, nor did he make it obvious. He was a little disappointed at the prospect of bedding her being practically nil, but then, he thought the chances of a sexy Persian Corsair appearing in his study was practically nil too. He would just be himself, command her as he felt was proper, and what happened would happen.

He waited for her to finish her drink. "Just leave it in the sink. Alexandra will deal with it in the morning." He straightened himself and led her back up stairs. He was tempted to tell her to take the lead, but she had no idea where she was going. That, and he wasn't that much of a lewd old perv. He took her to a bedroom near the end of the hall.

The door opened to a spacious room, with a queen sized bed, walk in wardrobe, ensuite with a large bath, toilet and vanity. The remainder of the main room was undecorated, and minimal furniture was placed about to ensure respectable levels of functionality. One wall was all glass, leading out onto a balcony, with heavy curtains to block out the sun if needed.

"This will be your room. You'll find everything you need to see you through the night. Through there is a bathroom, the other door is a wardrobe. Again, any questions before I retire for the night?"
 
Nafisa fixed herself a glass of water as she thought about his answer. Seemed sensible enough. And he did come off as a practical man. A practical with staff. "Thank you Master." She knew he watched and she didn't pay attention. It meant that he was still breathing and still very male. After her drink they headed up the stairs. Athe the bottom he had a look on his face that had showed he was thinking about some, what she couldn't say. Nafisa followed behind him until he showed her to what would be her room.

Walking into it she looked around. Bigger that her ships' quarters, but not nearly as her rooms at home had been. The dress landed on the bed as she tossed it. Turning back to him she bowed, "Thank you again Master and no for the moment I do not have any questions. Pleasant dreams Master."

When she was alone, Nafisa stretched her powers out. The carpet was replaced with marble floors and lush decorative rugs. The sheets on the bed became dark blue and silk as a canopy appeared draped in silk and satin. The chair was replaced with a circle of pillows, a low sung lunge seat and a small table. The curtains changed to blue and gold, but remained much the same. In one corner she placed an incense burner and coals.

Nafisa walked to the balcony, two plush chairs appeared, another table, this one covered in a small tapestry and a tall standing birdcage. She didn't go into the bathroom, but knew it was now filled with all sorts of oils, perfumes and other luxuries she had enjoyed once upon a time.

Expending that much energy at once left her tired. Clothing herself in a simple pair of pajamas Nafisa slid into her bed and let sleep take over. Like food and drink sleep was only a necessity when she was out of her prison. Not being able to sleep properly all these years never stopped bothering her. Even though she never grew tired her brain did grow bored. There was only so much one person could think about without any form of stimulus.
 
Charles gave her a polite nod when she had no further questions, and went to the room at the end of the hall. He closed the door behind him, letting his mind relax fully.

"Dear Lord in heaven above!" He moved toward his large bed that dominated the room. "I find a dagger that I really think to myself 'this will be a nice little trinket, and such a great talking piece', only to find it comes with it's own djinn like occupant."

He sat on the bed, letting a laugh escape. Hardly a Djinn, though. No three wishes from this one. She's... she's rather damaged goods. Surprising she's held herself together in such lengths of sensory deprivation. Plus, everything else she'd have been put through." Charles shuddered. "Of course, she's a proud woman who's doing everything under sufferance, forced to serve as a mere slave."

He shed his clothing slowly, as he continued to think aloud. "I'd be a fool to not make use of her in some manner or other, but it's find out how to best do it. She's not lacking in intelligence. Being a ship's Captain makes her someone of strength of will, as well as being able to hold her own." He scooped up the clothing, walking to the hamper. "Damn it, I'd love to see how she'd handle sexually. A body like hers would be fantastic in bed, and anywhere else I could take her. But I'm not going to fuck someone who's not interested. And the way she is, there's no way of actively trying to seduce her or sway her mind. Curse my parents and their 'morals' that they forced on me."

He slipped into bed naked, settling himself down to try and get some sleep. "I have my own Djinn. Not a friendly one, but one all the same. Pity her powers aren't that useful to me, just now. But I'll find a way."

~||~​

Charles woke the following morning, briefly wondering if his recollections of the previous day were correct, or if he had dreamed it. He pulled on a robe, and headed for the dining room, via his study. He went there for two reasons. Firstly to get his tablet computer, and secondly to check that there was a Persian dagger in his display cabinet.

"Indeed there is. If this isn't real, then I don't mind the hallucination at all." He picked up the tablet, and continued on his way to breakfast. His nose was already detecting the efforts of Alexandra in the kitchen. He place the tablet on the table, and went to see his longest serving employee.

"I hope you can expand what you're making for two."

Alex was a little shorter than Charles, though that was a function of her footwear. She was a little older than Charles was, but she was holding her age well. The practical dark coloured blouse and pants showed a figure that was loosing the fight to middle aged spread but was still reasonably curved in the right places. Her face was free of most of the signs of age, save the creases about her eyes, mouth and a slight sag under her chin. Her dark brown hair was pulled up into a bun, and showed thin streaks of gray in the mix. When she turned, she smiled warmly with a cocked eyebrow. "I saw your horse did well. So you celebrated did you?"

"In a manner of speaking. I managed to pick up a new personal assistant along the way."

"Personal?"

Charles laughed. "A personal assistant, Alex. Not a fuck buddy. So, could you expand breakfast to include two?"

"Yes, Sir. I can do that. It will put things back about ten to fifteen minutes though."

"That's the price I pay for springing surprises on you. I'm not sure when Nafisa will be down, but put out hers the same time you do mine."

"All right then, Sir."

Charles went and sat down in his favourite seat, firing up the tablet and starting to read the various news feeds he subscribed to.
 
Nafisa rose just as the sun was rising. She stripped down and then took a long soak in the now modified tub. The scent of Jasmine and other flowers filled the air as she let the warm water do its work. After half an hour she exited the tub and dressed. A simple pair of sandals joined a pair of soft white cotton pants and a simple tan tunic shirt. She also pulled her hair back into a thick braid and tied it with a leather thong.

Once she was presentable Nafisa left her room and went in search of her Master. She might have taken her time to explore his home more, but the smell of cooking food was too much of a lure to ignore. In the morning light the kitchen was much more inviting. Her fist glance when to the woman cooking. Older, but still some look of youth about her. Nafisa gave her a small nod as she turned and started to walk towards her master. Since they were not alone she addressed him as instructed. " Good morning Mr. Carseldine. I hope you slept well." Nafisa still bore a hint of an accent when she spoke, so she knew his name left her lips a bit differently than his. "May I join you for breakfast?"

It wasn't like she could just conjure her own food, but that didn't mean she couldn't at some point, make her own by hand. With her hair still damp she knew she smelled like she had been out in a garden.
 
Back
Top