Far From the Hearth (Closed)

Obuzeti

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 21, 2016
Posts
1,552
The ship groaned as it set down on the colony berth, local gravity stressing old joints and honeycombed titanium - the thrusters cut out, and the mass envelope softened the last drop to the launchpad of Aeneas Verge, a rotating spaceborne hulk of a hive colony just on the edge of fucking nowhere, as far as Captain Haelin was concerned. It was fourteen light-seconds past the recognized border of the Perseus Theocracy and their entire sector full of batshit crazy humans pumped up on propaganda to varying degrees, which made most interactions with them unpleasant. Yes, he was a recognized Interceptor with all the rights and responsibilities inherent, but the law only went as far as it could be enforced, and he was a long ways from any kind of outside help.

And if it was that bad for him, it was worse for Hearth civilians, which was what had pulled him out this far from comfortable territory - a Hearth beacon pulse, asking for aid and evac from a hostile location. It had taken him most of a day at full burn to make it to the colony and even then he wasn't sure if the lady who'd sent it was still alive.

Eying the Air Defense towers sitting motionless on either side of the launchpad, Haelin keys his mic to the frequency she'd been broadcasting on and clicks it twice, then says, "This is Interceptor Haelin, here responding to a beacon popped seventeen hours ago at this location. Sorry for the late arrival, but you're a long ways from the common routes. If you're still around and alive, sound off."

He didn't think the colonists would up and shoot at him off-hand, but the longer he was here the less fond the local humans were going to be of him. Best to get the VIP and get out before things had the chance to ferment into something ugly.
 
Samantha Durheart is an electrical specialist and she specialized in old electronics/ electrical systems. She had been called out to the Aeneas Verge to fix an ancient machine that hadn't move in ages she didn't know if it could even move if she did get power restored to it. In the middle of fixing it she soon heard laser fire killing the locals that were with her. She had to hurry and get away from who ever was trying to kill her. She didn't know if they had some kind off attachment to the machine like it was their idol or if they just didn't like outsiders.

See soon reached what looked like an old military base and she popped her beacon hoping that someone was close by to come and get her. She held herself up in an old pill box bunker that was there and she found old blasters there as well. She defended the space for what felt like an eternity when she heard the beacon go off she pulled it up and said "This is Samantha Durheart yes I am still alive and I am located in a old base of some kind in a bunker look for the one being fired at." Though she was still getting fired at by some native group she was glad that she was slnow going to get rescued from this place She continued to fire back not knowing if she was hitting anyone but at least it kept the people at a distance.
 
Last edited:
With a few lines of code Caelin slips inside the colony's security system (still running on an old VardOS system that the corp had stopped offering support for two decades ago) and accesses the security cameras. The south F3 power cluster's getting shot up, with at least a dozen blasters flinging off shots at the reinforced maintenance deck, which makes it probably where his VIP has holed up. That's two floors down and a short sprint from where he's landed, which makes this slightly less than totally impossible at least.

"Roger, read you loud and clear," he responds over the comm, as he slides into a tac-vest, slings his Barran cyclic burst cannon over a shoulder, and activates the ship's point-defense system as he books it down the loading ramp and towards the closest cargo lift. Several turrets clack into place and activate their motion sensors as he hits the first turn and pops the cargo lift's emergency open button, then leaps down and catches the rope and slides down the requisite pair of floors - and then he's out and racing again, down the hallway past a scattered crowd that's watching down the corridor at the gunline pouring fire into the bunker. "Suppressing fire going out, head down and close your eyes!"

The Barran cyclic burst cannon is actually a weapon emplacement from the Tukas system, a directed-energy weapon that dumps heat packets downrange at selected energy signatures. Their reptilian bodies are much smaller and slighter than his own towering frame, which lets him awkwardly lug it around, and it gives him a man-portable weapon system intended to take down anything a conventional army might throw at a hardpoint, from infantry waves to armor.

What this means, practically, is that even tuned down to the lowest setting, the Barran superheated the corridor to 93 C for a second, set every flammable piece of clothing in the way on fire, and crisped every piece of exposed skin with a first-degree burn. A low roar echoed through the colony, like a train the size of a skyscraper brushing past, and the air visibly shaded a low red with the deposited energy. Caelin popped the thermal pack, loaded a new one, and sprinted past the now thoroughly distracted colony forces, dropping a flashmine behind him as further discouragement. It pops a second later and floods the corridor with scorching light, and the crowd that had been rushing towards their downed compatriots dissolves into screams and curses. Weapons discharge as a handful of colonists actually fire off their blasters, fingers reflexively squeezing on triggers, and the horde panics in their blindness. More shots ring out and the civilian mob dissolves into a blind riot.

What pounds towards Samantha out of the halogen flash is a full-grown Mackenzie mongrel, standing near two meters tall and packed with a fighter's muscle beneath the matte black of his combat suit, slim and formfitting beneath the thick armor panels that cover his abdomen, thighs, and chest. His fur is the false white of colorless, pale and snow-hued, with black highlights that run the length of his back and arms. He's hustling a veritable mountain of a gun slung over a shoulder strap as he backs towards the door to the bunker and holds position, the terrifying weapon humming an ominous whine. "Heads up, Samantha! Interceptor Haelin here, let's get while the getting's good! Evac is two floors up!"
 
As soon as Samantha seen her rescue she got up and headed out of there making her way to the exit wanting to get out of the situation so she could calm herself down before she broke down. She didn't know where she was going but she just started running getting out of there. When the firing stopped she soon slowed down waiting for Harkin to catch up to her so that he could show her the way out of this place. She didn't say much to him at this point she was too shaken up to even try to hold a conversation. She jumped at every sound and everything that touched her and she hoped that Harkin wasn't getting mad at her.

When they reached the elevator that lead to his ship she took a minute to pause and clear her head before saying "Thank you for picking me up and sorry that I was so sacred while we were escaping but I haven't been in a situation like this before." She found Harkin attractive though she couldn't see what his body looked like under his armor. She didn't know if her attraction was from the stress of the events coupled with him saving her or was it something more like an actual attraction for him. She couldn't wait for the elevator and as soon as it opened she instantly got herself inside of it.
 
Haelin lets out a breathy cackle as they scoot down the access corridor away from the moaning pile of casualties he'd left behind with the Barran's overwhelming firepower, and the thrashing mob beyond it. The gear he's using is heavy, and his broad build is made for bursts of power, not endurance runs. "Shit, hon, this is a mess through and through," he replies, as he slides in the elevator behind Samantha and punches the button three times. The doors immediately close, and the car begins rising; the Interceptor immediately pulls up his wristcomp and douses the lights on the floor they'd left, just in case. "We can get social after we're off-colony."

The car reaches the dock floor and he swings around into the hall, spots an oncoming crowd, and fires off another thermal blast from his cannon. The heat sends prickles of static electricity crawling through his fur, draws a hundred groans and creaks from the hallway's old metal sheeting from thermal expansion, and drops a half-dozen insurgents from the heat pulse. The ammo pack pops loose and rather than reload, Haelin gestures on towards the dock, where his ship sits among a trio of downed Persies, their worksuits smoking slightly from turret fire. "Move, move! Get aboard, I've got you covered!"

He backs toward his ship as Samantha makes a break for it, and only when his feet hit the loading dock does he whip around and lurch aboard, slamming the command panel by the side of the cargo bay. "Take us out!" he barks, and the ship's VI responds by throttling the boosters. The ship lifts off, spins as it reasserts its own local gravity, and then accelerates towards open space without a further hitch.

Haelin exhales as he plugs in a quick course for the nearest hyperlane, then glances over to his newest guest, taking her in. "You good, lady?" he asks, setting down the Barran with a groan and rolling his shoulders to ease the strain - the weapon weighs some one-seventy pounds and is awkwardly large. "That was a hot zone, no doubt about it. Take a seat, breathe. You're alright now."

The cargo bay is largely devoid of proper seating - it's a mishmash of crates of various sizes, maybe twenty feet long and seven high, packed with replacement parts and emergency supplies for whatever trouble he may run into; the room is dimly lit, with a single door on the far side of the bay that leads to the rest of the ship. Still there are some waist high boxes to sit on, and Haelin digs into a crate for a water bottle that he tosses over to Samantha, appropriating one for himself.
 
"She shakes her head yes and drinks the water trying not to stare at him like a school girl. "How long is it before we get back to any friendly planets or colonies.?" She asked trying to start an actual conversation with him. She didn't know why but she had reverted back to her school girl days when it came to talking to him and the sad thing is it seemed to be only him because she didn't remember having this problem before.
 
Haelin grimaces and glances upwards as he does some mental calculations. They're deep in the Serpent Nebula, and the nearest hyperspace route is about fourteen light-seconds away; he can't afford a full-burn, he doesn't have the fuel for it, and a in any case it'd light him up like a lantern for any pursuers. Which reminds him - he punches in a course on his wristcomp for a nearby asteroid belt, aiming for the dark side of a promising lead chunk the size of a decent island, several miles across. It'd reflect radar pings and give him a chance to dodge any initial scans.

"I want to hang out for ten or so hours in an asteroid shadow, give anyone with the bright idea of pursuit the slip. Persean fighters run out of fuel right around nine, and with an hour to head back to base we'll slip the net and run for the nearest hyperlane. After that it's a solid week back to Hearth territory," the captain explains, glancing over at his companion. She doesn't look like she'll be too annoying - in point of fact, her eyes keep flicking away then returning to fixate on him. That could mean a couple of things . . . a good captain investigates these things, of course.

"Hey," Haelin calls, as he ducks low enough to look Samantha right in the eye. "Easy there. I'm not like to bite your head off or demand anything. You went a long way out of your way to do those colony clods a favor and they jumped you for it. Good karma comes back around, and I'll get you safe and free to the Hearth of your choice. So, I know it isn't home - but I hope you'll be at least comfortable here. Alright?"

He offers one broad paw over to his companion. It takes a moment for the irregularity to register; he's missing a fair chunk of his ring and middle fingers on that side, along with the associated claws. Haelin notices the look and shrugs. "Job hazard."
 
Samantha could help it anymore and she lunged at him wrapping her arms around him and nuzzling into his body loving the feeling of his fur on her face. She didn't say anything to him she just needed to be held at this point. She hoped that he wouldn't mind her holding onto him but he was the only one there at this time. She could feel her heart race as she was holding onto him. She held herself back from running her fingers through his fur as time went on but she wasn't ready to let go of him his fur made her feel safe and warm. "I'm sorry for hugging you like that." She said finally letting go of him.
 
Caelin blinks as the little wolf thuds into his chest, his arms wrapping around her shoulders as she sinks nose-deep into his fur, seeking the inherent comfort of pack. He doesn't begrudge it; the captain squeezes her tight into the warmth of his body and lets her soak in the safety for a moment, the release from the tension and fear she'd been laboring under for however long she'd been stuck on that station. When she finally pulls back, the big Mackenzie pokes her with his cold nose, bracing and reassuring. "You apologize for stupid things," Caelin declares. "Gimme more hugs and we'll call it even. But later. C'mon, I've got you a room aft deck."

He waves Samantha after him and tramps down the corridor, ducking under a pipe low enough to threaten his head (well over hers, fortunately) and gestures to the right, towards a sealed hatch. "That's yours: standard lodging, so that's a bed and closet and not much else. I've got shipwide net access, at least, so ping me when you set up and I'll pass you onto the network. I do have what amounts to a wet-bath, but that's expensive enough that the ship only has one. It's up the hall to the left, in the water storage."

Most ships use sonic showers to vibrate loose particles without the hassle of dealing with water purification, but part of his job as Interceptor involves being able to solve water shortages, so he has a reverse osmosis system that perfectly filters water of impurities aboard. As a side effect, the water storage tank makes a perfectly serviceable bath, and he's installed handrails and an insulated storage cabinet with soap and such for luxury's sake. Most furs get almost nothing out of sonic showers because their fur traps dirt too much - this is one of the two concessions he gave himself aboard this ship. It doesn't even affect the water quality, because it's filtered both coming in and out.

"You want a moment to settle in, wash up?" Haelin asks, nudging Samantha with his shoulder. Given the tackle-hug, he's pretty confident in assuming that she's a close-contact kind of person.
 
Last edited:
Samantha nodded as she smiled her shy coy smile at him. She walked into the room setting on the bed looking for anything that she could cover up with and she found an old shirt she took the shirt to the water storage area and she stripped her clothing off getting into bath. She sat there and soaked herself for awhile as she could feel the water relaxing her. She soon soaked herself and her body began to tingle and she caught herself thinking of Carlin and she sank herself a little deeper into the bath trying to calm herself down in other ways. She didn't need to be like a school girl and lust after him.

She didn't radio him and she snuck up on him wrapping him up in another playful hug this time. She couldn't help but to want to be close to him. When she felt air go through her fur hitting her bottom and vagina she blushed a bit hoping her wouldn't turn himself around too quickly. She didn't know how the night would go seeing how she hadn't slept since she was in her terrible ordeal.
 
Safe and sound back on his ship, the captain groans and shuffles to the flight deck, where he drops the heavy armor he'd been toting and shoves it back into a combat locker. It's almost invulnerable to direct fire, but the damn thing weighs near three hundred pounds - only constant exercise and a healthy gene modcase even lets him carry it, let alone when combined with the monster of a gun he uses. Combined he totes around probably five-fifty before other equipment, which leaves him sore as fuck every time post-op, but it sure beats being horribly murdered. Rolling his shoulders, the big wolf tosses on a thin tank-top and a pair of black spacer's slacks so he can glory in the steady coolness of the ship, and then heads to the flight deck for debriefing.

Haelin's busy firing off a burst transmission to HQ, reporting that his newest passenger is safe and en route to friendly territory, when a pair of damp, bare arms links around his chest. He glances down at them, inhales at the sensation of Samantha's heavy breasts pressed into his back, and leans back slightly into her, one broad hand settling over hers. "I wouldn't say no," he says, gently teasing. "I always get randy after a firefight. But I am a big damn wolf, and you should be pretty certain before you decide on giving me a shot at you."

That's not so much a joke - he stands a full foot taller than Samantha, both a bigger breed than her and with a much more intense gene-mod suite. He's got pretty good self-control, but once his blood gets up it takes hours for him to be satisfied; a side effect of the heavy testosterone rush he gets when his adrenaline flushes.
 
Samantha didn't say anything to him she just kept a hold of him sinking deeper into the hug. "You said that I could give you more hug so if you are getting like that it's your fault." She said teaaing him as she let go so that he would see her bare ass and her womanhood. "So what are we going to do now?" she asked.
 
"Sure," Caelin says, amused, as he leans back to nuzzle against her cheek. "My fault. Let's go with that, cheeky woman." His hand flicks out as she moves by and spanks one tight asscheek with a broad palm, the swat light and teasing - then he answers her question rather more seriously, though his wicked smile still lingers.

"Like I said, we're down for about nine more hours, dark protocol while we evade detection - that means no powering up the engines, weapons, shields, all that jazz. Honestly, I was going to throw out a burst transmission to HQ and then pass out for six."

He leans back and casts a discerning eye over Samantha, lingering over the swell of her hips, the droplets of water still trailing down her powerful thighs, and the healthy scent of she-wolf. "That said, I dunno about that now. Scenery's got a lot better all of a sudden. I could be convinced to hang around."

Slouched back in his seat like he is, Caelin's size is more evident; his arms are as thick as Samantha's legs, and he eats up almost the entire cockpit with the lazy sprawl of his limbs. One half-open eye peers at her, a fang flashing in the dim light playfully as he swings from side to side in the rotating chair.
 
Samantha felt him slap her was which made her tail wag a bit before she turned around to see how truly big he was. She wouldn't mind sleeping right now but she also didn't want to be alone so she walked over and got onto his lap sitting down nuzzling into him. She sat there a bit before saying "You know I would love to go to sleep but I do not want to be alone at the moment." She hugged his neck firmly not wanting to get up. She put him in a position that he had to carry her to his room. She hoped that he wouldn't think she was being to clingy but given everything she had been through she just needed to be with someone none sexually. She needed to know that she wouldn't be alone and Caelin was the person that she happened to latch onto. She also felt an attraction to him because if any other man talked to her like he has and gave her ass a smack like him she would have smacked their face hard.
 
"That's fine," Caelin sighs, as his great head nuzzles against Samantha's. She fits neatly under his chin when sat on his lap; his broad chest and thighs were large enough that she fit on them comfortably, and her soft, downy fur and skin felt heavenly even through his brief clothing. He closes his eyes for a moment and pushes his cheek against hers, rubbing instinctively. "Come on, let's get to bed then."

He flexes and comes to a stand in a smooth motion, his arms slipping underneath Samantha's body to hold her aloft; then he hip-checks the door panel and carries her through without any visible strain, used to far heavier loads than this slight little woman who's slipping her way into his bed even now.

The captain's room is right around the nearest corner, and in it is his greatest indulgence - a bed fit for his own body, which meant it was larger than any terrestrial King size. An antigrav modulator underneath it kept the mattress springy and soft no matter how much weight laid on it, and the sheet is industrial silk, soft and decadent and impossible to tear. Caelin lays the she-wolf on it and lets her snake into a comfortable position while he discards the thin clothing he'd worn up to this point, leaving him bare as she is without a hint of shame.

"Don't let your instincts carry you off, hon," he says, soft, even as he reclines on the bed, stretching and letting the kinks in his spine pop out. "I'm a decent guy, but you only met me a little while ago. Don't do things too hasty, yeah?"

Despite the warning in his words, his hand seeks out Samantha's and envelops it in his own.
 
Samantha felt his hand touch hers and she pulled herself to him and before settling down to sleep she took her top off leaving her naked. She made sure to keep herself covered and she teasingly said " we wouldn't want for us to be too hasty so no peeking under the sheets." She laid her head on his chest pulling the covers over the both of them. She lifted her head and kissed his cheek before resting it on his chest again saying "Good night Caelin."

As she laid beside him she felt safe and content not wanting to leave his side and though she didn't admit it the sight of his naked body turned her on making her a bit wet. She hoped that he either didn't smell her arousal or if he did he would ignored it. She nuzzled herself into his body as she rested in his bed she placed her arm over his waist settling down into a comfortable position. Soon her breathing synced with his breathing.
 
Back
Top