Escape To Solitude (closed)

The light hearted conversation they were having was nice and stress relieving and David just leaned back his head against the rock.

"Your very welcome Becky I'm glad that you gave me the chance to show it to you."

He turned his head towards her, "So you ready to head back so we can get cleaned up? We still have that boat ride tonight. Also come on over and let me show you how to operate this thing."

David stood and offered his hand down to Becky to assist her up.

After standing he walked over to the 4 wheeler explaining the throttle and breaks and that it was an automatic so no gear changes needed.

"Would you like to drive us home?" He realized he had said us and home like they were together and shared a home. "I didn't mean that the way it sounded", he explained a bit embarrassed.
 
Tricia smiled "Im not offended David its ok" she giggled she observed the bike again and told him "I think I can manage to get us back but you will have to guide me im terrible with directions" she said and looked back smiling

She climbed on the bike taking the helmet he offered her yet again and she felt him settle in behind her. She gasped feeling his arms circle her waist to hold on as she took off on the bike.
 
David sat behind her with his arms around her waist and his thighs pressing against her own for the return trip. He had to lean in close to her to give directions over the noise and of course he had wearing the helmet.

She drove slower than David had and as a result they go less muddy on the way home. But he was thankful that she did go slower as she was still learning to control the ATV and its weight plus his. She actually did quite well and he was impressed.

They popped back out of the wood and into the fields once more as she turned them for home. He had her drive on past the barn right up to the front of the cabin. The area taken up by the two cabins and two out buildings was basically a cul-de-sac nestled in a grove of pines. There was a fire pit with a large brick barbecue pit to one side along with some benches and a picnic table. He had stop near a hose pipe and they got off.

"You did excellent you can drive me around anytime you like. Feel free to take it if you ever want to just go for a ride. Just take your time and don't turn into Ms. off road queen and get hurt."

David first sprayed the mud from the 4 wheeler and then without warning turned it on Abby. He sprayed her lightly at first and when she giggled he sprayed her full on. The water ran brown at first and then began to clear as he got the mud off. Though she was no willing target standing still for him to spray.

"You are such a easy target", he said with a grin!
 
Tricia laughed shocked not expecting the spray and giggled wrestling the hose from him"Hey!"she shouted getting the hose from him and spraying him back to get even and laughing .

He wrestled her back playfully the two of them ending up in the grass soaking wet and Tricia in a fit of giggles laughing harder than she had in a while at the silliness of their wrestling and the grass stains they had on them as they leaned back against the grass " You don't play fair hmm David?" She asked with a grin squeezing some water out of her hair and sitting up slightly leaning on her arms.
 
Her sudden sneak attack and success at getting the hose from him made David jump back from her trying to avoid what he knew as coming next. She sprayed him good with the hose his tee shirt clinging to his body now as was his jeans.

They eventually ended up in a pile on the grass laughing hard. "No I don't always play fair especially when it comes to a sly and cunning woman such as yourself."

He watched her as she sat up ringing water from her hair and despite being drenched, covered in grass and a bit of mud here and there he had never seen a woman more beautiful.

His expression changed to mimic his thoughts, "You know Becky you are a lovely lady and the fact that you aren't scared of a little mud does my heart good. But I'm quite sure you might be ready for a shower."
 
Patricia laughed and looked down at herself " I am ready for a shower and im gonna go get our dinner started as wel" she said getting up.

She smiled and said " We can go in about 3 hours ist already 4:30" she said shocked that the day was passing so quickly and not wanting it to end. She hurried off to the cabin quickly peeling out of the wet clothes as the cool air from the ventilation hit her and she grabbed her towel and toiletries to go freshen up.
 
David smile and agreed that was a good time. He watched her go and he himself went to his cabin to give her full privacy. He also didn't have any clothes or anything there so he really had no choice but he wouldn't have gone in anyways.

David took off his wet clothes and showered, trimmed his facial hair, and dressed. He wore hiking shorts, sandals, and a tailored tee shirt that was a bit nicer than a typical tee shirt. He put on his deodorant and favorite cologne before heading downstairs. He packed a cooler and tossed in two New York strips already pre-marinated, two boneless chicken breasts also pre-marinated, fish, greens, veggie and shrimp skewers. He knew they didn't need that much food but wasn't sure what she liked. She might be vegan or something especially hailing from California.

He also pulled out two individually wrapped pieces of peach cobbler Mrs. Mary had made and he had frozen not quite fresh but better than nothing. Finally, he added a bottle of white wine chilled, and a bottle of red at room temperature. He had stronger stuff on the boat already.

He packed it all in his vehicle and looked around trying to think of anything he might have missed.
 
Patricia got dressed in another sexy but elegant sun dress that was long and showed some of the amazing figure she hid beneath her clothes. She had put a bit of lip gloss because they were going to eat.

She let her hair down since she had just washed it and let it curl naturally. She looked at herself in the mirror and the blushed feeling silly. She felt overdressed which she knew she would be because that is what she was used to.

She packed up the scalloped potatoes she baked by scratch and some kale salad which would go with anything. She also grabbed the bottle of dressing she had and some baked salmon she left cooking on low.

She smiled satisfied with what shenwaa bringing and carried them in a basket and spotted David out at his car and called him.
 
David heard Becky call to him and her rushed over to help her carry the items she had. After getting them stowed in the vehicle David finally took a moment to look at Becky.

"Becky you sure do look lovely!" He opened the door for her while she slipped into the seat.

After a short drive they arrived at the small dock where David kept his boat docked.

http://www.iboats.com/sites/crestpontoons/site_page_7839/images/l_4.jpg

He took the items out of the back of his vehicle and placed them on the boat and what needed to be kept cold he either left in the cooler or the mini- fridge he had installed on the boat.

"So she isn't a fancy boat but fun to cruise the lake on. You ready to Becky?"
 
Patricia blushed as he told her she looked nice and she complimented him as well seeing some of his muscles ripple beneath his shirt.She talked with him on their way to the dock and they got there shortly.

She helped him with things out of the car and he helped her carefully onto the boat. "I like it"she said smiling and nodded when he asked if she was ready "Im ready whenever you are David" she said setting things up
 
"Make yourself comfortable anywhere you like", he suggested and took the seat behind the wheel.

He pulled out of the boat slip and moved past the rows of other boats and finally navigating out of the small cove. Once in open water he pushed the throttle up increasing the speed of the boat and soon they were cruising along the lake as the sun was starting to set. It was a beautiful sunset and David found a place to stop so that they could sit and admire the sun going down. It wasn't his final destination however that was still 20 minutes away.

"Lets take a moment to enjoy this sunset. Each one is unique and you will never see the same one again. So lets make this one ours and enjoy what mother nature is painting for us this evening."

Pulling out a camera he took some photo's of the sunset and wanted to photograph Abby but thought better of it afraid she might take it the wrong way.

"I can save these pics for you on a memory stick if you like."

He moved to the front of the boat taking a seat so that he could admire the ball of fire in the sky slowly sinking below the horizon.
 
Tricia smiled and said "id like that thanks". She joined him at the front of the boat and stared as the sun went down and said" Im glad you took me out here David...Everything you have shown me today was beautiful ive never gotten to appreciate the beauty of nature like this in California"

She took his camera and point it toward them snapping a picture of them together. She smiled and said "I want this picture too David"
 
"Well you are very welcome Becky and I have been to California when I was in the military and even got some leave and do a bit of traveling. Northern California is really quite nice I found. May I ask if you live in L.A. or San Francisco just wondering since you haven't gotten to see much of nature?"

He allowed Becky to take the camera expecting her to snap more photos of the dwindling sunset. But instead she posed next to him taking a picture of them both together. She was close and he could smell her body lotions or shampoos or was it perfume? Didn't matter she smelled wonderful and he liked being close to her.

"I will be glad to include that picture and feel free to take pictures of whatever you like and I will make sure you get them."

The sun was low so David suggested they continue on and resumed his spot behind the wheel. He flipped a switch bringing on the running lights and before he cranked up looked back at her one last time with the sunset just over her shoulder.

He could spend every evening like this with her he thought.

"On the way back in you can drive if you like I think if you could handle the ATV this will be a piece of cake."

Cranking up he moved the boat forward and into the approaching night.
 
Tricia smiled " L.A. David. I mean there are some places I could go but I don't normally get to go enjoy them.

She saw David move to control the boat switching on the lights. She smiled at him suggesting that she could drive them back if she'd like and she grinned "I think I will leave the boat in your control David I don't think wet works the same as dry land" she said nervously

She sat running her fingers through her hair enjoying the ride when he suddenly stopped far out enough. " Is this the place? " she smiled
 
Just then the boat slipped around a curve and into a narrow opening off the main body of water. As they entered the little cove a waterfall came into view.

They appeared to be in a small bowl created by the water fall thousands of years ago and were surrounded by sheer rock walls to either side though they were not that tall only about 20 feet high.

"This is the other end of the river you saw earlier today my property line begins just over the top of the water fall."

David dropped anchor and got up and walked to the front of the boat with her to look at the view.
 
Tricia enjoyed the view.She could not believe how beautiful his property was it was something out of a movie or for her a movie set. She saw him drop the anchor and come join her.

"I can't believe that his is real"she said holding up the camera and snapping the view they had . She could see why he kept this to himself it was a mini paradise within the closeness of his home,

She got up and turned on the boat radio smiling and playing some songs when a news segment came on mentioning her she quickly changed to something else playing it off.
 
David watched as Becky take some pics and then switch the radio on. A song was in the process of going off and there was some news talk about some famous person or something. She quickly changed the station seemingly a little put off by this.

"What was that about on the news someone missing or something?" She had already switched stations to more music and when she just sort of shrugged he didn't think anything about else about it.

David got up and fired up the grill getting it hot while arranging all the food for the evening. He left the steaks for last has he began with chicken and veggie skewers while preparing the other items. "Hey Becky you want something to drink", he asked noticing how she was watching the water.

"You know the water would feel wonderful if you want to go for a swim."
 
Tricia stared at the clean water not beliving how clear it was and was glad he had dropped the subject of the missing celebrity. She listened to one of her good friends song singing along softly partially missing home but enjoying her freedom here.

She ran her hand through her hair and looked at the sky getting darker " Maybe in the morning David... I only have on my underwear beneath here and I wouldn't want to go back to the cabin soaking wet."she said and walked over to join him. " Do you need any help here David?" She said standing closely.
 
Last edited:
When Becky said she only had her underwear on a mental image jumped through his brain and he blushed slightly. Thankfully it was dark enough she probably didn't notice.

"Sure you can help me get these veggies ready if you don't mind." Becky was close to him and it was nice to share the time with someone else.

"You know this will be the first time I have cooked for someone else other than myself in quite a while and it feels nice thank you for coming."

David really was growing to like this woman that had appeared out of no where but he knew she would be off and gone soon so no use getting all attached not to mention he doubted her interests in him was romantic. He did believe she was sincere and they were becoming very good friends.
 
Tricia looked over and smiled as he handed her the container of vegetables to grill and said " Well thank you for inviting me and cooking. The only man who has ever cooked for me was my father and he was really terrible at it" she laughed joking with him " but I can tell already you know what you are doing." She smiled.

She looked at the water again seeing some fish and grinned excitedly " Ive always wanted to learn how to fish but never been very skilled at it" she said to him as she flipped the veggies.
 
David watched as Becky flipped the veggies and admired how her hair glistened in the moon light which promised to be big and almost full.

"I would be glad to teach you to fish sometime." He smiled warmly at her as he turned the chicken which needed a few more minutes. He sat back on the long bench seat that ran along one side of the boat and tilted his back to the railing watching the sky.

The wind picked up slightly and he could smell her as it hit his face and it smelled like heaven and inhaled deeply.
 
" Id like that David thank you" she said finishing up the veggies. She glanced at him studying his features. From his strong jaw to his muscular physique. She wondered if his ranch work made him so fit or if It was something else besides that.

She watched the wind blow in his hair as he looked up at the sky and she quickly looked away not wanting him to catch her staring.

She wondered if he had any spare clothes because they did have enough light from the boat to swim and she was tempted to take a dip. She poured them some wine he had pointed to and said " Do you keep spare clothes on here? Maybe a quick dip wouldn't be so bad if you did?"
 
David took a sip of the wine, "That's not bad at all nothing fancy but good enough for my palate."

He took the chicken off and threw the steaks on as the grill was nice and hot. He then placed took the chicken and lightly coated it with a barbecue sauce that wasn't to sweet or spicy just a nice mix of the two flavors.

"I hope you like the barbecue sauce I make it myself."

He turned the steaks making sure to sear both sides locking in the flavors. "How do you take your steak?"

When she inquired about the clothes he moved over to a small cabinet and began pulling out towels and a finally a two pair of shorts and a couple of tee shirts.

"Yeah I keep spare clothes just in case you never know though these will probably swallow you whole and the tee shirt will fit you like a dress. But I have a belt you can probably use to hold them on. This little pontoon boat doesn't have a place for you to change but I will turn around and I promise no peaking."
 
She sipped the wine liking it different flavor and smiled telling him she loved barbecue she just didn't get to have it often.. He asked her how she liked her steak and she said "Medium-Well";as he went off gathering some spare clothes he haf .

She laughed at him knowing itd be bi on her and told him " Ok im gonna take a quick dip but Ill wait till your done wo the steak and we can both go "she smirked " and I know you wont peek David you are such a sweetheart" she smiled
 
David took his steak up first as he preferred it rare. Actually blue rare but he didn't want to disgust Becky as some people found watching him eat a blue rare steak a little hard on the stomach. So he took it up a little later than normal and waited on her's to finish. Once they were done he looked over at Becky and said, "I think we are ready to eat."

David retrieved the plates which were plastic and looked a little embarrassed, "Sorry I keep plastic on the boat so it won't break. So you wanna save the swim till after we eat?"
 
Back
Top