The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's gonna stay that way. Any more, and my next posts would be from the ICU. ;)

Oh come on, live dangerously. :p

Haha, I love when cats chase random things over the floor. Tough, one time I caught Figaro walking around carrying a pushpin in his mouth. He was alright, but it scared the crap out of me. :eek: I dearly hope I'm not an actual dad anytime soon. God help me then.

Oh come on, live dangerously. :p

Haha, I love when cats chase random things over the floor. Tough, one time I caught Figaro walking around carrying a pushpin in his mouth. He was alright, but it scared the crap out of me. :eek: I dearly hope I'm not an actual dad anytime soon. God help me then.

"Dangerously" is no longer in the cards for me. I'm happy with the situation as it is. ;)

Our new kittens are increasingly showing different personalities. Lotus, the girl, noticeably smaller than her brother, desires little more than to cuddle. But she has her moments when playtime dominates. The other side of the coin, Bombay, her brother, is a little stinker. :p Anything and everything is a plaything. The carpet, the throw rugs, my feet, the tails of the dogs and the other cat . . . he's gonna get himself into trouble. But, once he grows to his full size -- and I anticipate he'll be around forty pounds full grown -- the other animals are going to be taking their cues from him.

John, you will be a great Dad, just like Willie is. It is kinda fun :rolleyes:. Imagine having cats who fight with your feet and talk back to you in a manner you now regret talking back to your own mom.
:rose: for all the wonderful Dads.

John, you will be a great Dad, just like Willie is. It is kinda fun :rolleyes:. Imagine having cats who fight with your feet and talk back to you in a manner you now regret talking back to your own mom.

Oh my mother has openly told me she considers the day I become a Dad "Divine Justice."

Tinkerbell and Fig were kind of like that. Tinkerbell was so well behaved as a kitten. Then Figaro told her, "See the sleeping humans? We need them to get our food in the morning. So if you knock this over...*CRASH*....see? The humans have woken up." Now she's mastered it.

Oh my mother has openly told me she considers the day I become a Dad "Divine Justice."

Tinkerbell and Fig were kind of like that. Tinkerbell was so well behaved as a kitten. Then Figaro told her, "See the sleeping humans? We need them to get our food in the morning. So if you knock this over...*CRASH*....see? The humans have woken up." Now she's mastered it.

LOL, Piglet and Lakhi are putting their heads together, I can see it! Piglet got up horribly early today and still didn't eat her breakfast on time. It is amazing how long a child can keep a bacon sarnie going in order to ensure you pay it attention by shouting: "Eat it, eat it, eat it!" instead of peacefully getting on with flirting, er I mean making important remarks about important things online.
;)

I'm only as good a father as I try to be. ;)

The other day, my daughter and I went to pick up pizza I had ordered online. We arrived early; the pies were still being baked. So we sat down, and I listened to Little One recounting her day at school and all the creative stories she had to offer.

Then she spied one of those crane-operated stuffed animal games in the corner of the Pizza Hut. Everyone knows those things; you put in a quarter and get to fail at grabbing anything in particular.

"Daddy, can I play that game?"

I checked my pockets. I had a few quarters on me. I gave her two of them. "Sure, honey, go ahead."

So Little one runs over and slips in a quarter. I follow at a leisurely pace. She doesn't get what she wants on the first try, nor on the second. She pouts, and looks up at me. "I really want to get one," she said.

So I dig in my pocket for another quarter. It's my last one. "Which one do you want?" I ask.

She points to a stuffed animal inside the box. It looked like a blue and orange dinosaur. "That one."

"Okay," I told her, and put in the quarter. "But if I can't get it, don't be upset, okay?"

"Okay . . . ." She's staring at the blue-and-orange dinosaur.

So I have twenty seconds to position the claw just right and push the button. With my daughter's help, I get it in place, depress the button . . . and down it goes. We watch the claw sink into the sea of cotton-stuffed critters and . . . low and behold, up comes the orange-and-blue dinosaur, clenched in the claw.

I stare at it in wonder. I have never, ever, gotten anything out of one of these machines. Yet, on my first try with this particular one, I've gotten something. Better yet, a 'something' my daughter wants.

So I watch, as the claw shakes back and forth, figuring the stuffed dinosaur is going to fall back in the pit. But it doesn't. The claw brings it over to the drop shaft, opens up . . . and a few seconds later my little girl is clutching her new favorite stuffed animal.

"It's perfect, Daddy! Just what I always wanted. You're the best daddy ever!"

She hasn't gone a day without it since. :D

There is not, and could not ever be, a better feeling in the world than to hear a six-year-old child saying something like that to me.

That's why I love being a father.

I really need to try and make a bacon sarnie one of these days, Naoko. You keep talking about it and my mouth keeps watering.

Just made myself some corned beef hash, and now the kittens are suddenly active and trying to climb onto my desk. :D

I really need to try and make a bacon sarnie one of these days, Naoko. You keep talking about it and my mouth keeps watering.

LOL, you will have to come to Wales, dahlink, and have one made with the thick-cut locally made bacon. I like them on multi-grain. It makes me feel like I'm making an effort, LOL, actually I just like multi-grain, I never eat food that makes me feel like I'm making an effort. I just like to eat. :nana:

Willie, you are a great Dad! Remember the dinosaur moment when you have to say: "Yes it is so bedtime and you are going now, no you cannot have sweets in bed." and you are Worst Dad Evah! See my cartoon.
:rose:

Just made myself some corned beef hash, and now the kittens are suddenly active and trying to climb onto my desk. :D

Mmm! corned beef hash. I'm going to sit in the sunshine in the garden and get this effing bit of chapter on social disorder nailed, before going and putting some appropriate clothes on <snerk>. Just a little bit of cleavage :devil:.

LOL, no way!

LOL, you will have to come to Wales, dahlink, and have one made with the thick-cut locally made bacon. I like them on multi-grain. It makes me feel like I'm making an effort, LOL, actually I just like multi-grain, I never eat food that makes me feel like I'm making an effort. I just like to eat.

Willie, you are a great Dad! Remember the dinosaur moment when you have to say: "Yes it is so bedtime and you are going now, no you cannot have sweets in bed." and you are Worst Dad Evah! S
:rose:

In my young day, it was "Go to Bed: NOW"

Followed by, "Mom...MOM....MOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!! Can I have a cup of hot chocolate and a bedtime story? Pleeeaaassseee?"

"Can I say goodnight to the cat? Can I have a cuddle?"

*sound of feet crossing landing* Mom: grrrr grrr chew out, chew out.

Piglet: "But I had to go to the toilet. You didn't give me my drink. I wanted a different book...."

Mom: zzzzzzzzzzzz snore snore, while Piglet and Lakhi play. LOL

"Can I say goodnight to the cat? Can I have a cuddle?"

*sound of feet crossing landing* Mom: grrrr grrr chew out, chew out.

Piglet: "But I had to go to the toilet. You didn't give me my drink. I wanted a different book...."

Mom: zzzzzzzzzzzz snore snore, while Piglet and Lakhi play. LOL

After maybe getting a hot chocolate (if I was good), my mother would then proceed to say, "Now go to sleep or I'll rock you to sleep with a really big rock!"

After maybe getting a hot chocolate (if I was good), my mother would then proceed to say, "Now go to sleep or I'll rock you to sleep with a really big rock!"

What a nice mom! I usually say: "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Go away, go away! I hate you! Go to sleep NOW!"

I like these accounts of motherhood and social class:

Working class mum: "Shut up or I'll throw you out the window!"
Middle class mum: "If you don't keep quiet, I'll throw myself out the window!"
:D

What a nice mom! I usually say: "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Go away, go away! I hate you! Go to sleep NOW!"

I like these accounts of motherhood and social class:

Working class mum: "Shut up or I'll throw you out the window!"
Middle class mum: "If you don't keep quiet, I'll throw myself out the window!"
:D

Upper class mum: Well, the paid nanny takes care of that. ;)

I'm saving that vid up for later! Must show Piglet. I'm off in a minute, I like to have a coffee and chill before the class in some top class establishment with waitresses in crisp white aprons, LOL.

:heart: guys. Have lovely days! Sleep well, John. Are you going fishing, HP? Hope it's sunny where you are too. :rose:

I'm saving that vid up for later! Must show Piglet. I'm off in a minute, I like to have a coffee and chill before the class in some top class establishment with waitresses in crisp white aprons, LOL.

:heart: guys. Have lovely days! Sleep well, John. Are you going fishing, HP? Hope it's sunny where you are too. :rose:

Goodnight, Duchess. And thanks. :rose::)

Whew, that was a long day! Here I am cooking chilli and chocolate sausages. Mmmmm.

Good job I actually did read the chapter, as one student had read it and the other hadn't. If they've both read it, you can ask them to tell you and if neither has you can fake it ;), but I did have to chip in and make it sound like the version the one student had read. I'm not sure they really understand Foucault yet but give me a few years with them locked in cells chained to copies of The Order of Things and they will all be postmodern scholars! :devil:

John, I simply refuse to believe that you cannot make a decent bacon sarnie.
You don't really want the basic instructions, do you ?

Whew, that was a long day! Here I am cooking chilli and chocolate sausages. Mmmmm.

Good job I actually did read the chapter, as one student had read it and the other hadn't. If they've both read it, you can ask them to tell you and if neither has you can fake it ;), but I did have to chip in and make it sound like the version the one student had read. I'm not sure they really understand Foucault yet but give me a few years with them locked in cells chained to copies of The Order of Things and they will all be postmodern scholars! :devil:

So is that the title of this mysterious tome (pendulum) ?
I'll have a word with my library and see if they can get me a copy.
So I have to read the whole damned book ?
(I have yet to divine what 'postmodern' means in practice. Is it some kind of engineering ?)

No I didn't go fishing, sadly.
I called in the library to order a technical book on electric motors, checked the date and realised I was late for an appointment at my local ATC. Originally, it was supposed to be a 'radio session' but 'management' struck as imposed First Aid on four out of my six students.
And then two of them managed to break the lanyard which holds up the flag. So they managed to ruin one of the bolts holding it up, (new bolts now on order at the local hardware shop) and then screwed up the length of the new lanyard stock; untangling that took a L o o ong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back