Why I left the Fox tabloid

someoneyouknow

Literotica Guru
You could measure the decline of Fox News by the drop in the quality of guests waiting in the green room. A year and a half ago, you might have heard George Will discussing policy with a senator while a former Cabinet member listened in. Today, you would meet a Republican commissar with a steakhouse waistline and an eager young woman wearing too little fabric and too much makeup, immersed in memorizing her talking points.

This wasn’t a case of the rats leaving a sinking ship. The best sailors were driven overboard by the rodents.

As I wrote in an internal Fox memo, leaked and widely disseminated, I declined to renew my contract as Fox News’s strategic analyst because of the network’s propagandizing for the Trump administration. Today’s Fox prime-time lineup preaches paranoia, attacking processes and institutions vital to our republic and challenging the rule of law.

Four decades ago, as a U.S. Army second lieutenant, I took an oath to “support and defend the Constitution.” In moral and ethical terms, that oath never expires. As Fox’s assault on our constitutional order intensified, spearheaded by its after-dinner demagogues, I had no choice but to leave.

This explains the recent attacks by the con artist on Amazon (the SEC has rules against disseminating false and misleading stories about companies to manipulate their stock price; https://www.sec.gov/tcr). After all, when the truth of his best propaganda machine is revealed, the only thing left is to go after that which supports the truth.

Read more at:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/why-i-left-fox-news/2018/03/30/d1224648-32bb-11e8-8bdd-cdb33a5eef83_story.html?utm_term=.5df2c6f07b21

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomnamako/ralph-peters?utm_term=.kdA4NYVaZ#.mgNRP1KXW

You could measure the decline of Fox News by the drop in the quality of guests waiting in the green room. A year and a half ago, you might have heard George Will discussing policy with a senator while a former Cabinet member listened in. Today, you would meet a Republican commissar with a steakhouse waistline and an eager young woman wearing too little fabric and too much makeup, immersed in memorizing her talking points.

This wasn’t a case of the rats leaving a sinking ship. The best sailors were driven overboard by the rodents.

As I wrote in an internal Fox memo, leaked and widely disseminated, I declined to renew my contract as Fox News’s strategic analyst because of the network’s propagandizing for the Trump administration. Today’s Fox prime-time lineup preaches paranoia, attacking processes and institutions vital to our republic and challenging the rule of law.

Four decades ago, as a U.S. Army second lieutenant, I took an oath to “support and defend the Constitution.” In moral and ethical terms, that oath never expires. As Fox’s assault on our constitutional order intensified, spearheaded by its after-dinner demagogues, I had no choice but to leave.

This explains the recent attacks by the con artist on Amazon (the SEC has rules against disseminating false and misleading stories about companies to manipulate their stock price; https://www.sec.gov/tcr). After all, when the truth of his best propaganda machine is revealed, the only thing left is to go after that which supports the truth.

Read more at:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/why-i-left-fox-news/2018/03/30/d1224648-32bb-11e8-8bdd-cdb33a5eef83_story.html?utm_term=.5df2c6f07b21

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomnamako/ralph-peters?utm_term=.kdA4NYVaZ#.mgNRP1KXW

True that which I emboldened. That's my take away at this point. It applies to all members of the US military. All enemies foreign and domestic. Some people don't get that. The Constitution is 1st and the CIC comes 2nd. Odd to think of the CIC in that manner and in that order, but 'tis the truth.

Wait, Fox is still around? I thought they went out with Pewty Cat.

I swore that oath when I enlisted and when I re-enlisted. It still pertains. Alas, oath-breakers are not punished in this lifetime. Maybe NDAs are required instead now.

No it's just more "I HATE FOX, Republicans, TRUMP and most of all anything that isn't (D) approved!!" from one of (D)'s most ardent loyalists.

I'm here to serve at the displeasure of POTUS and the citizens of the United States of America.

Also, my dress blues not longer fits like I thought it would. I'll be busy looking into that. :eek:

No it's just more "I HATE FOX, Republicans, TRUMP and most of all anything that isn't (D) approved!!" from one of (D)'s most ardent loyalists.

Since when was Ralph Peters a loyalist Democrat?

Oh right. Now that he continues to speak his mind after years of speaking his mind on the tabloid where he hammered away at Obama's foreign and military policies, he's persona non grata because he spoke the truth.

This is exactly why I no respect for my party.

In America, we have millions of people who strongly believe in the U.S. Constitution, criminal trials that are fair, judges who are impartial, a free and unfettered press, freedom of assembly, laws based on common sense, equality for all Americans under the law, freedom of religion, and separation of Church and State.

In America, we ALSO have millions of people who strongly believe in criminal trials that favor white people and unfairly discriminate against people of color, right-wing judges who favor Christians, men, heterosexuals and rich people over non-Christians, women, gays, lesbians, bisexuals and poor people, laws that censor people with different views, laws that discriminate against gays and lesbians, laws that restrict women’s rights in the workplace, laws that restrict women’s reproductive freedoms, laws that favor rapists over the victims of rape, laws that promote Christianity as the only acceptable religion, and turning America into a Christian theocracy.

Seeing as how the first group is embracing American values, and the second group is embracing a right-wing, anti-American, anti-liberty and anti-justice sort of Christian theocracy, you’d think that the American mainstream media would view the second group with great suspicion and mistrust, however, if you go to a cable channel that calls itself “Fox News Channel”, they seem to adore the second group, and mistrust the first group.

Over at Fox “news”, they’ve rejected just about every American value set down in the U.S. Constitution, yet they splash American red, white and blue iconography all over every broadcast they send into your home.

I’m sorry, but wearing flag-lapel pins and putting red, white and blue bunting everywhere doesn’t make you patriotic. Protecting and defending the United States Constitution makes you patriotic! Fox news is anti-American for rejecting the time-honored American values set down in the U.S. Constitution, and they’re dishonest for trying to make you believe that they’re pro-American!
Fox news is so anti-American, they’re supporting a group of shady characters that collaborated with the Russians (Trump, Kushner, Flynn, Sessions, Pence etc.), while attacking a former FBI director that’s investigating that collaboration.

Russia, a foreign enemy of the United States of America, tampered with America’s electoral process back in 2016. A group of shady Americans dealt with the Russians and helped them. Helping a foreign enemy to subvert America’s elections is a criminal act, and should be investigated.

And now Fox news is PRAISING the shady Americans who helped a foreign enemy, and they are ATTACKING the man who is investigating this crime!! They refer to Robert Mueller’s investigation as “hysteria” and a “witch hunt” and chronically call for Mueller to be fired.

I’m sorry, but Fox “news” Channel isn’t really a news channel. It’s a propaganda channel for racists, misogynists, anti-science dullards, conspiracy theorists and Christian theocrats to get the propaganda that helps make them feel good about themselves, and validates their irrational fears and irrational hatreds.

And apparently, it’s now a channel dedicated to making it look patriotic when shady Americans commit crimes against the United States of America.

I'ma I HATE FOX REPUBLICAN.

FOX went to hell when Roger Ailes died.
The Murdoch wives don't know talent.

You know what the cool thing is these days? CNN. Soledad O'Brien seems to be the only reporter/journalist on CNN doing real live factual reporting of whatever issues she tackles. And welcomed w/open arms.

One of the kewlest things she's doing is reporting on both LibDems and Republicans, as well as Conservatives in an unbiased manner. Her only personal agenda seems to be advancing wormen's rights and closing the gender gaps in #'s within both major parties. And rightfully so.

Check out the new program she's launched with the full backing of CNN. CNN took a tremendous nose dive once Turner washed his hands of it. (Really, it was his brainchild and creation).:cool:

Back