Dark Travels (Closed)

Dancing and laughing Bree went from partner to partner, even when she tried to escape to join Zantora she found herself pulled back in. If she really had wanted to escape she could have but she was enjoying the atmosphere and the fun. It was times like these when people gathered that Bree enjoyed, especially when they were gathered to enjoy themselves.

When the band called an end to it, Bree smiled at her current partner and thanked him from the dance and slipped through the crowd, before she could get pulled into have a round with someone else. Bree looked over at Zantora and saw her standing up and yawning. A cheeky grin spread over her lips as she skirted the room keeping out of sight from the bar and Zantora, until she was behind the dragoness. Slipping right behind her she slipped her arms around her shoulder.

“I got you this time,” Bree said with a laugh, as she held the girl tight, before letting her go. Smiling she stepped back, almost bouncing as if the chase and the dancing had given her more energy rather than tiring her out.
 
She gave a little laugh as she suddenly found herself caught by Bree. She enjoyed the hug as long as it lasted before glancing back at the wolf-girl for a moment.

"You can stay and play as long as you like, but I need some sleep."

She gave a smile before turning back and heading up the stairs. Her room was the one halfway down the hall on the right, which she ducked into as she closed the door behind her without locking it. The room was small, with two beds and a single dresser. The beds were just big enough for one person to fit on, with a single sheet on straw matteresses. A window looked out on the back alleyway, which she made sure was locked.

Laying down on the bed, she wrapped her wings around herself before closing her eyes. Morning was only a few short hours away.
 
A little bounce seemed to vanish from her step as she watched Zantora, head upstairs. Looking as people were leaving she realised that she didn’t really feel in the mood to play anymore, now that Zantora wasn’t there. Looking back up at the stairs, she heard the barmaid move up beside her. “You want to have a few more drinks?” she asked. Bree smiled and shook her head, “I am going to get some sleep. I think there are going to be some interesting days ahead of me.”

The barmaid thanked her again and Bree headed up the stairs. Once up the stairs she followed her nose and found the room Zantora’s smell led too. She realised as she walked into the room she like the smell of the dragoness. Poking her head in the room she saw Zantora laying on the bed. Not knowing if she was asleep she slipped in the room quietly closing the door she headed to the other bed and laid down. Curling up she looked over at the other bed and fell asleep looking at those the girl that would be her new partner, smiling.
 
The dragoness was awaken by the sun streaming into the window, moaning softly at the intrusion. She laid in the bed for a few moments, shielding her eyes with her hands. Finally she sat up, her feet hitting the floor lightly. She had a bit of a headache from the alcohol she drank, wincing a little at the movement.

She noticed a sleeping figure in the next bed, alarmed for a moment. It took her a second to realize it was Bree, making her smirk as her silliness. She stood up and waked over to the sleeping wolfess, running a claw gently over her cheek for a moment. Deciding not to wake her yet, she quietly gather her things up and put it all inside her bag of holding.

She made her way downstairs, siting at the bar before ordering breakfast for two. The dining/bar room was silent, only a handful of other adventurers there eating breakfast.
 
As the first ray of sunlight attempts to wake her up Bree pulled her hood up and over her head and eyes, not ready to wake up yet. Falling back into a deeper sleep she thought she felt something brush against her cheek. It made her smile as it felt good but it wasn’t enough to wake her up so she slept on.

When Bree did wake a few minutes later she slowly sat up and stretched, she had slept well though could probably have slept longer. It’s not every night she got to sleep on a bed so she did enjoy it when she did. Looking over at the other bed she saw that Zantora was no longer there. Yawning she slipped from the bed grabbing her small bag and belt that she had removed before climbing into bed last night. Slipping them around her hips she left the room.

Once down stairs she saw Zantora sitting at the bar and joined her. “Good Morning,” she said as she sat down next to her and smiled. “Did you sleep well? Because I did”
 
The dragoness was halfway through breakfast when Bree came down and sat down beside her. She smiled for a moment, finishing her mouthful of food before answering.

"I slept very well. Once you are through with breakfast, we'll go and see what the bounty board has in store for us."

A few moments later, the bar maid came over to them, laying a few gold coin on the counter in front of Bree. The young woman smiled for a moment.

"This is just a small token of appreciation from the owner for what you did last night for me. And thank you from me as well."

Zantora just grinned and nodded, continuing to eat without touching the money yet.
 
Back
Top