Decadents and Dropouts IC

Relic

Watching the coin roll across his fingers, Relic wanted to lick her lips. But her resolve was stronger and she kept her tongue from wandering. Well, mostly. Looking this man up and down she soon got distracted as the meal was brought to her. After robbing the Mayor the day before she had been happily ignoring her need to eat. And if it was less of her coin going down the drain on simple luxuries the better.

"Well, your words do hold truth. You have yet to want information in return, so, as a reward I shall give you my name."

Picking up the pitcher of wine as it was placed on the table, she upturned another mug and poured one for the buyer of the meal and drink. Then followed by refilling the remaining mugs on the table. With a broken off piece of bread in hand she leaned forward and whispered to him.

"Relic. But it's not a very well known one, in these parts at least. But it does me well enough."

Smiling, she pushed his mug towards him and watched him.

"I also have very little idea about this raft idea. Personally it sounds like settling down to me, and I don't like staying still, let alone losing my edge by getting lazy in 'supposed' safety."
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss woke up and realized that she was still dressed. A few moments later she renembered where she was. She looked around in the room and found Tronfur, but no sign of Gryph. That was somehing that deeply worried her. She was still undecided if she should allow herself to let her momentary crush for Gryph develop into something far more serious. But if it became more then one of her usually affairs, this would put Gryph into a position where he was entitled to be jealous. He didn't had any problems to share her with Aron at Marcus place, but this was before he carried her through the forest for a whole day, and it might be a different thing if she would start to experiment with Trunfor. There was nothing serious or urgent with Trunfor, but she was curious about him. Most of her lovers had been human, some elfs, and the most recent one a half-dragon. A fiend, or half-fiend, would be a nice experience in her collection. But Gryph seemed to have some regards against him... And Trunfor, how would he take it? All her human lovers had been very eager to fuck her, but none of them ever thought to have her as partner. This looked different now. She wished again that Verialyn would have been here, so she would have someone to talk about that. She doubted anyone would understand her troubles. She got up and looked in the mirror, everything perfect.
"I will go down and have a look at the others." she said very determined. Before she went out, she smiled warmly at Tronfur. "Thank you for taking me up." She went down the stairs, and saw a stranger at their table. She stopped and looked for Gryph, but he was not there.
 
Last edited:
Trunfor Blackheart

Turnfor looked up from his writing and saw Phyliss wake up. Trunfor smiled at her and went back to his writing. When he heard Phyliss say she was going to check on the others, Trunfor set his journal down and followed her out.

Trunfor noticed that something was up. There was a stranger he hadn`t seen before. Was this another friend of Phyliss? There was something about this guy that made Trunfor curious but he couldn`t understand what it was.

Trunfor walked over to the bar and ordered some food. While the innkeeper went to get the food, Trunfor studied the group at the table with some interest, Phyliss certainly had a lot of friends. Soon the innkeeper returned with his order and Trunfor paid him.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss looked over her shoulder to see what Tronfur was doing. Although hehad volunteered as her bodyguard, she felt respondible for him as well. She knew that he hadn't travelled much among humans and had sureley more difficulties dealing with humans and citylife as her. Like Gryph. The gorgon was curious who the stranger was, but was at the moment more concerned about Gryph. Now she renembered that he told he wanted to go for a pee before Trunfor took her up... this lasted to long. She quickly went to Trunfor and spoke in his ear. "Please do me a favour and have a look at the stranger sitting with the others. Keep your ears open. I'll right be back." She quickly went out of the door, into the darkness to look foir Gryph. She saw an unconsciousness ork leaning at a wall. Someone had smashed him against it, for sure. Gryph could do such things, but he was never violent without an urgent cause. She didn't like it and looked further.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

When Trunfor heard Phyliss whisper to him to keep an eye on the newcomer, Trunfor nodded in confirmation. Trunfor turned so he was facing the stranger. this guy hadn`t been here when Trunfor had escorted Phyliss to her room. Now that Trunfo looked around, he noticed that the guy whom Trunfor had helped to deal with the orcs was gone now. Were these two persons connected in some way?

Trunfor would have to find out who or what this overly friendly person was.
 
-Z-

"I will not ask what edge you worry about dulling, but there is nothing wrong with....stability." Z, still fiddling with the coin in one hand, took the mug and sampled the wine. "I have never been too partial to fruit based spirits...though I am sure this will get one drunk well enough, eh? Ha!"

Z understood being uncomfortable staying in one place too long. But he knew having a place to return to had advantages. "Perhaps you are looking at this idea the wrong way. Rather than...settling down...as you put it, perhaps a home of sorts would provide you with a...based campus? No...base camp! Yes...you see a place to return to after...sharpening your edge...would provide you with a stable element in your life."

Z sipped the wine again. "One of my brothers followed the mercantile path, much as I do. He traveled far to a moderately sized city to begin his career. He does not simply sit at a desk, signing writs and contracts, though. No, no. He spends much time traveling about the region, securing new trade routes, new suppliers and new customers. When he tires of travel, he returns home. Having stayed in one place long enough has given him...contacts, you see. Contacts who will aid him in his endeavors, sometimes by doing something to help...and sometimes helping by...not...doing something."

Z took a larger drink from his mug. He had given his advice on the topic of settling down. If young Relic listened to it, fine. If not...well he's managed to get along in life ignoring his own advice.
 
Relic

Listening quietly, Relic laughed softly when he mentioned the ability to get drunk well enough off wine. Yes, drunk was one thing you could get. And she was already a little bit. But for some reason her blood gave her an uncanny resistance to these human spirits. However considering since the time she arrived she had consumed two entire pitchers of the stuff, give or take a mug or two, it was difficult not to feel the buzz.

He had wise words, like someone well travelled. Advice was something to accept and thank the person for. Even if she didn't exactly feel her own profession would fit well into the groups base camp.

"A very good point. Although, I doubt my trade would bring settled minds if I brought it back 'home' often."

Off to the side, Phyliss left the bar. For Gryph probably.

And she could sense eyes on her even in the busy tavern, and out of the peripherals spotted Trunfor. But didn't draw attention to him.

"So will you be joining us? I believe you'll have a good trial getting fully accepted." She smiled remembering her arrival at the group. "But I have nothing against you," she smiled, taking her foot off his chair. "Hard to judge someone when they buy me food and wine I guess."
 
Gryph

It was quite some time later when he had thought over all the things that had happened and decided that it was time to return inside. He got up and as he turned the corner he noticed one of the orcs limping away, groaning it's pain out for the world to hear. He re-entered the Inn and noticed that there was still company at the table he had left earlier. He went to the bar, bought two more wines and walked back to the table, he sat down, opened one bottle and poured it's contents down his throat then turned his attention to the new comer

"Greetings I am Gryph"

He decided not to offer his hand in greeting as it was ignored in the past and one of the reasons he got upset.
 
Phyliss Ovida
Phyliss walked around in the darkness, looking for Gryph. She noticed some men looking at her in the dark, at first very greedy, just seing the shape of her body and her green dress with the black velour belt and boots, but when they got closer, maybe some of them with a sinister thought, they quickly moved back in shock when they saw that her volumous black hair turned out to be snakes. "So get off, you scum, if you can't take it." she thought to herself. For a short moment she saw a male drow in the dark, who gazed at her and dissappeared quickly, but not in shock or disgust. Drows were not so rare, and it probably meant nothing. Still, no sign of Gryph. Another drunkard whistled at her and she moved upon him, grinning. He looked like an old, one-eyed pirate. He grinned at her and put an arm out, and Phyliss looked him grinning in the face. The yellow iris of her eyes was unusual enough, but did not startle him. But he nearly had a heart attack and could not even scream as he grabbed for her hair and touched a snake. It didn't bit him, she could control that at least. "This will teach you to fondle a lady, wont it?" He nodded in terror, so she left him behind and went back into the tavern. She saw Gryph from behind, he must have got inside as she was looking for him. She moved back silently, and got behind him, letting her snakes wiggle at the back of his neck.
 
Last edited:
Gryph

He had smelled her long before the snakes was wriggling in his neck

"Hey there Phyliss, thought you would be asleep by now"

He half turned to face her

"I had just greeted what seems to be a human and I drank this vile stuff called wine. I think I should get my hands on Firewater when I get the chance"
 
Last edited:
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor saw Gryph walk out of the restroom and talk to Phyliss. Trunfor finished up his meal then got up and walked over to them.

"I was beginning to wonder what happened to you in their." he said with a smile.

Trunfor lowered his voice, "I`m not sure about this new guy. There`s something about him that makes me... uneasy. He walks up to a bunch of strangers who are all nonhuman. And also, where`s that fellow who was almost attacked by those half-orcs?"
 
Phyliss Ovida

The gorgon was still drunk, but had recovered a little and had still enough senses left to check the situation. "Just get to our table and act unsuspicious" she whispered to Trunfor. Then she sat down beside Gryph. "I am sure you can have firewater here as well." she said in a soft low voice, while she rubbed her shoulder at him, realizing that he was in armor and moved back. I was asleep for moment, but then I went out for some fresh air. Some smelly ork is littering the floor outside, so I decided to come back." she looked at the new arrival, the strange human. She would not introduce herself now, that would be against the etiquette.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor walked over to the bar to order another meal...... and maybe some wine as well. A lot of crap was going on and he needed to have something to take his mind off of it. Trunfor reached into his pocket and pulled out a few more silver coin pieces, giving them to the innkeeper.

He was running out of money and had only one piece of wealth left, a small gold bar in his pack. He wasn`t sure what to do with it, but he thought about giving it to Phyliss for her boat idea he wouldn`t be needing it. He decided to tell her about it once he finished his meal and drink.
 
Gryph

"Right, yes that orc and his friend laughed at me and I got mildly upset."

Gryph sniffed,

"They also smelled like Gunya weed, probably smoked some of it."

He looked over at the smaller creature Trunfor,

"Oi! Trunfor! Come join us, we are all friends here after all!"

He gave Phyliss a playful nudge with his elbow and picked up the second bottle, he eyed Phyliss, she had a bit too much wine already. He looked around the table,

"Anybody else wants some wine?"
 
Phyliss Ovida

"Well, a little sip wont do me any harm." laughed Phyliss. She looked over to Kanut, she never knew if he was really sleeping or just wasn't in the mood to give an answer. Maybe it was already to cold for him. She didn't feel cold; though, maybe she was just to hot. "So, nobody cares to introduce me?"
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunforr heard Gryph call him to join them. Trunfor took his wine over to them and sat down next to Phyliss and Gryph.

After another swig, Trunfor turned to his two friends, "I got something to show you two that you might be interested in. Especially you Phyliss. Something that has to do with your riverboat idea Phyliss. When your ready, meet me upstairs in our room away from prying eyes. When you see it, you`ll understand why I don`t want to show it in public."

Trunfor belieed he could trust his friends with his last secret.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phylis was curious, but patient enough to wait. "Sureley we will do." she said warmly. "You can trust us." Phyliss was more concerned about that stranger and, well, she didn't really trust Relic, although she was happy to have at least one more woman with them. She had first thought if she should Canut to share the room with them, because they had four beds, but she didn't want to stay with Koetia for the night. She was willing to accept Relic in their party now, but she had some concerns to take her in the room yet.
 
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor got up and headed to their room. He went over to his pack and checked to see if it was still there. It was, wrapped up in a small cloth. Trunfor picked it up and smiled. He had had it for as long as he could remember and he had been saving it for a special occasion. Maybe now was the time. Trunfor held the gold bar wrapped in cloth close to him and sat down on a bed waiting for either Gryph, or Phyliss, or both to arrive.
 
-Z-

'Zaeel' chuckled softly. "So...we have a Gryph, a Phyliss, a Relic, and a Trunfor. Ahh...it seems all my effort to know as little as possible has been for naught." Z finished off his mug and smiled softly at the group while he continued to absentmindedly fiddle with the old coin in his hand.

"As most of you were occupied elsewhere at the time of my introduction...allow me to repeat myself. I am Zaeel kal'Zaroshi, traveling merchant. Though I was enjoying the company of your elven lass and kobold companion, I am...glad...you too have joined the table. I wish your cambion friend, Trunfor, I believe you said his name was, had stayed. It was his kindness, you see, in aiding my rather foolish employee that has compelled me to offer you aid."
 
Phyliss Ovida

Do not worry, I will tell him." said Phyliss. "So I am interested in your motives to join our round?" she smiled gently, holding her new glass of wine.
 
-Z-

"Of course, of course." Without taking his gaze from the gorgon 'Zaeel' flipped the old coin in to the air and caught it with his other hand. "As I was telling Miss Relic...the half-elf named Zahn is an employee of mine. He has a...talent for getting in trouble, one might say." Z began nimbly rolling the coin between his knuckles. "Of course I keep him in my employ due to his equally good talent of getting out of trouble. Zahn has shamed himself in his willingness to use the kindness of Mr. Trunfor as a decoy for his own escape."

Z finally let the coin roll in to the palm of his hand, then closed his hand around it. "As he is a representative of business, his shame is my shame. I am bound by the honor of my family to right this wrong." Resting his chin on the hand with the coin, Z spoke softly. "So...if my information is correct and you do seek passage down river, it is my duty to make sure you and your companions fulfill your goal safely."
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss was drunk, but she was still sure that something of this explanation sounded suspicious. But she would not show. After all, his proposal was interesting.
"So, and how would you think to do this? In practise, I mean?" She leaned her head on her hands.
 
-Z-

"The way any good merchant deals with any situation, of course. With reputation and money. I will pay for what you need and anything that must be done will be done in my name. Surely you can see that a merchant buying transportation would draw far less scrutiny and far less...attention...than were you all to do it. And, as I have said before, the less details I know, the better. If you need a boat, fine, a wagon, fine. I am not rich, by most standards of the word, but I have ways of paying debts beyond hard coin."

He honestly wanted to help them, so long as he didn't get involved in whatever drama was going on with them. But there was a part of Z that wanted them to be too stubborn and paranoid to accept his help. The less time he spent on these kids the more time he had to deal with Grot and his bosses. He had connected the Zahn persona to the Zaeel persona, and there were enough people listening in to this table to spread that connection back to Grot. The half-orc's bosses weren't mad that Zahn backed out of the deal, but with the contract canceled, Grot was free to do whatever he wanted to Zahn and anyone associated with him.

Z could only hope that Grot's alcohol and drug filled night would kill him, or at least leave him blacked-out in an alley for a few days.
 
Phyliss Ovida

So he was offering them money... What did he want in return. Phyliss tried to think, although the alcohol made it difficult. She had learned very early to use two masks, and she got quite sucessful in using them both at the right places - the first one was the tough, ice-cold gorgon-lady for the streets, and the second one the innocent, snakehaired cutie for the noble mansions. Both didn't really represant her personality, and both of them didn't really fit for this situation. Did nobody come to her help? Something was really wrong with this guy and this offer, it just sounded to good.
"Well, that is really generous...mr. ..Zael?" she smiled once more at him, feeling the wine running through her head... "I like to know..Is there nothing you ask for in return?"
 
Last edited:
Trunfor Blackheart

Trunfor paced the room, thinking about the stranger downstairs. Who was he and why was he so kind to a group of strangers, especially strangers who were monsters? Trunfor sighed and sat backdown on the bed. Maybe Phyliss would be able to better explain things to him once she got up here.

Trunfor plled out his journal and wrote down what had happened in the last few minutes.
 
Back
Top