The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk of spirits is making me glad I bought some low-content mixers to take on the theatre weekend. I need to have a clear head on Friday, then have to get up at the crack of dawn to drive two hours back home Saturday. Ugh.

I enjoy sipping JD, but save it for mixing. The fella has been slowly getting me used to Macallan, which is just lovely and definitely to be savored. Cognacs? Yum. Vodka makes me want to get naked, but I can't drink it straight. Really, really bad experience.

Ooh, cars. Perhaps Willie's next FAWCing can be FAWCing on cars. Er, in them. Or on them. Or both. :devil:

For my age group, car and sex have always went hand in hand, uh, so to speak. Back when cars had backseats the size of twin beds. ;)

For my age group, car and sex have always went hand in hand, uh, so to speak. Back when cars had backseats the size of twin beds. ;)

Blimey, this FAWCing set of stories are already writing themselves! I will put in the attempts on the part of HP to teach me how to put water in the wishy washy water bottle for windscreen wipers, pretending that I drive a Jag E type not a VW Polo, LOL, and I'm away! Oh, still got this first FAWCer to effing write. :mad:

'Lo! anna.

And seatbelts were Mom or Dad's arm flying up across the kid's chest... ahh, good times. Yeah, I learned how to drive in a car with a twin bed-sized back seat.

Hi, Naoko! :)

Well, we nearly managed a whole page of posts without mention of cars. Or laundry... :rolleyes:

Tx, good to see your nakey ass in here! Not like that... I mean, it's a nice ass and all but... OK, shutting up now... :eek:

anna, your nakey ass is, as always, a joy to behold. Been hitting the vodka already...?

V&T is my spirit of choice. Frankly, even drinking orange squash makes me want to get naked... ;)

Tonight, I shall be catering for a country & western caravan club. Don't ask... :D

Last edited:
Well, we nearly managed a whole page of posts without mention of cars. Or laundry... :rolleyes:

Tx, good to see your nakey ass in here! Not like that... I mean, it's a nice ass and all but... OK, shutting up now... :eek:

anna, your nakey ass is, as always, a joy to behold. Been hitting the vodka already...?

V&T is my spirit of choice. Frankly, even drinking orange squash makes me want to get naked... ;)

Tonight, I shall be catering for a country & western caravan club. Don't ask... :D

C&W caravan ?
OK, I'll not ask, but say: "Good Luck".

Well, the BBFM Lancaster flew over Cosford's Aero Museum three times this morning and I got a few pictures of it. I've seen this Grand kite often and the sound of four Merlin engines still at only few hundred feet overhead still stirs the blood as it did when I was a kid. <shiver>

And I AM getting fitter. I can feel it.

So if anyone would care to join me is a celebration of those brave lads over the Dams, 70 years ago, I'll get Rolf to set 'em up.

C&W caravan ?
OK, I'll not ask, but say: "Good Luck".

Well, the BBFM Lancaster flew over Cosford's Aero Museum three times this morning and I got a few pictures of it. I've seen this Grand kite often and the sound of four Merlin engines still at only few hundred feet overhead still stirs the blood as it did when I was a kid. <shiver>

And I AM getting fitter. I can feel it.

So if anyone would care to join me is a celebration of those brave lads over the Dams, 70 years ago, I'll get Rolf to set 'em up.

I'll hoist a pint to the Lobbing Lancasters, HP.

It came off cool this morning so I guess I have to leave my FAWCker and do some yard stuff. I can do that with a beer, right?

Wow. Still talking about whiskey. :p

Naoko, I'm not revealing anything yet about the next FAWC challenge. But it's gonna be interesting. ;)

Wow. Still talking about whiskey. :p

Naoko, I'm not revealing anything yet about the next FAWC challenge. But it's gonna be interesting. ;)

LOL, I'm getting excited already! And I still haven't done my marking!! And my line manager is furious because the marking moderator is giving me such ecstatic feedback you'd think I'd been talking to him like I do to bank clerks!!!

I haven't even started editing my werewolf chapter or reading LaRascasse's other bit of work, never mind writing my FAWCing thing, although I have edited LaRascasse's FAWC, LOL, and I've nearly finished the ironing and reading the rubbish chapter about Foucault. God, it was awful. Dilemma. To explain to the students what Foucault really said, or let them struggle on using this incomprehensible hogwash which is the set text. :confused:

:rose:

Rolf, give me the hoppiest IPA you have. This day is going by too slowly.

Afternoon Duchess.

LOL, I'm getting excited already! And I still haven't done my marking!! And my line manager is furious because the marking moderator is giving me such ecstatic feedback you'd think I'd been talking to him like I do to bank clerks!!!

I haven't even started editing my werewolf chapter or reading LaRascasse's other bit of work, never mind writing my FAWCing thing, although I have edited LaRascasse's FAWC, LOL, and I've nearly finished the ironing and reading the rubbish chapter about Foucault. God, it was awful. Dilemma. To explain to the students what Foucault really said, or let them struggle on using this incomprehensible hogwash which is the set text. :confused:

:rose:

Oh do tell us about the line manager's new problem/s.
What's a marking moderator; a second look at the student's work to see if you're fair and right ?

LOL, I must check that out Ogg.

Hullo, John! How goes it? Are you back at work yet hiding in the car park, poor thing? :rose:

HP, I have posted about the moderator/manager in Isolated, sigh. Yes, a marking moderator checks one of your essays to make sure your marking is not "aberrant" but "appropriate" yet the managers continue to write saying, *dalek tone of voice* "Aberrantly good teacher! Exterminate!" LOL.

More interestingly, I have popped in here quickly while my piglet slumbers by my side, to post HP's beautiful bomber.
:heart:

http://sdrv.ms/148ZYHB

Hullo, John! How goes it? Are you back at work yet hiding in the car park, poor thing? :rose:

HP, I have posted about the moderator/manager in Isolated, sigh. Yes, a marking moderator checks one of your essays to make sure your marking is not "aberrant" but "appropriate" yet the managers continue to write saying, *dalek tone of voice* "Aberrantly good teacher! Exterminate!" LOL.

More interestingly, I have popped in here quickly while my piglet slumbers by my side, to post HP's beautiful bomber.

Thanks Naoko.
She really is a beauty and the only one flying in England (there is one other in Canada, I believe).

That beautiful bomber is an Avro Lancaster ( don't ask me what mark),
from the "Battle of Britain Memorial Flight" of the Royal Air Force (straightens back and salutes).

It's the sound, for many.
It's quite unlike any other piston engine, is the RR Merlin (1500-188hp).
It stirs the blood, stiffens the thews and all that.

Pure, bloody, Magic.

Yeah, getting away for a breather. Apparently there was a major cluster fuck while I was gone. I'll go into more detail when I get home. I think you'll need to forward my pic instructions to HP. Nice plane though. ;)

Whiskey or whisky ... yes please.

And yes please to the whiskey train tour. That sounds just about what the doctor ordered.

Actually ... what the doctor ordered is Vitamin D supplements. Apparently my body has difficulty in absorbing it. Considering I'm so low, and I eat a ton of fish, and I'm out in the sun all of the time.

However, she said the Vitamin D deficiency does not account for all of my symptoms, and recommends dealing immediately with my mental/emotional stressors, and perhaps looking into ani-anxiety medication. To which I say no thank you. To the meds, anyway.

I'm a writer, dammit! If I'm not full of angst and sadness, how will I ever write anything!!! :rolleyes:

I am, however, looking forward to writing my FAWCer story, that will cheer me up immensely. I've also promised a friend I would enter a sitcom contest, to write the next great 1/2 hour situational comedy. Hmmmm ... Due the same day as FAWC ... which will take precedence?

Naoko and anna and HP -- thank you for the tea advice, I will investigate immediately. Is Twinnings a recommended brand? I guess I always feel that if I've heard of it, it's probably big business jackasses.

John, I'm glad you had a nice trip.

It was a beautiful day today, and I did get my planting done. I have a small patch of a garden, and I've been trying to find perennials that can stand the scorch of the sun there. I just planted geraniums and and and ... phlox and ... I can't remember the other two. If I can only remember to water twice a day I may be ok. I've got petunias and begonias in pots, and plan on some more impatiens and some veggies in pots, some tomatoes and bell peppers, probably. The kids like to pick them, even if they won't eat them.

Evening, all. I'm going to try to pay attention to the threads, but between writing and the fact that Wrath of Khan is on the TV right now, I'm not making any promises. :p

Whiskey or whisky ... yes please.

And yes please to the whiskey train tour. That sounds just about what the doctor ordered.

Actually ... what the doctor ordered is Vitamin D supplements. Apparently my body has difficulty in absorbing it. Considering I'm so low, and I eat a ton of fish, and I'm out in the sun all of the time.

However, she said the Vitamin D deficiency does not account for all of my symptoms, and recommends dealing immediately with my mental/emotional stressors, and perhaps looking into ani-anxiety medication. To which I say no thank you. To the meds, anyway.

I'm a writer, dammit! If I'm not full of angst and sadness, how will I ever write anything!!! :rolleyes:

I am, however, looking forward to writing my FAWCer story, that will cheer me up immensely. I've also promised a friend I would enter a sitcom contest, to write the next great 1/2 hour situational comedy. Hmmmm ... Due the same day as FAWC ... which will take precedence?

Naoko and anna and HP -- thank you for the tea advice, I will investigate immediately. Is Twinnings a recommended brand? I guess I always feel that if I've heard of it, it's probably big business jackasses.

John, I'm glad you had a nice trip.

It was a beautiful day today, and I did get my planting done. I have a small patch of a garden, and I've been trying to find perennials that can stand the scorch of the sun there. I just planted geraniums and and and ... phlox and ... I can't remember the other two. If I can only remember to water twice a day I may be ok. I've got petunias and begonias in pots, and plan on some more impatiens and some veggies in pots, some tomatoes and bell peppers, probably. The kids like to pick them, even if they won't eat them.

My wife has the same problems with Vitamin D. She's been taking supplements for over a year now. It helps with her mood; I can tell when she hasn't taken it.

As far as FAWC, I wouldn't expect you to put it above something that could lead to a more lucrative endeavor. I've always wanted to write a TV show, but I don't think I'm quite funny enough for a sitcom. ;)

My wife has the same problems with Vitamin D. She's been taking supplements for over a year now. It helps with her mood; I can tell when she hasn't taken it.

As far as FAWC, I wouldn't expect you to put it above something that could lead to a more lucrative endeavor. I've always wanted to write a TV show, but I don't think I'm quite funny enough for a sitcom. ;)

Good to know, slyc, thanks. The prescription she gave me is something like 50,000 units a week, which seems a little insane. But oh well.

I don't much of a shot at this contest, but my friend is badgering me. I think you just have to write one episode. I don't think the 1/2 hour sitcom is my forte, either, I'm not that funny. I have an awesome idea for an hour dramedy ... but that's for later.

My idea now is for the hilarious goings on of a "psychic" call center, where the "psychics" give their readings over video chat. But it's run like a basic crappy call center and ... with lots of personalities, and maybe one genuine medium, hilarity ensues. Or behind the scenes of a psychic call in show where the star is really just a talented mentalist, but her/his assistant really is psychic and give tips, and there is a handsome young computer expert who looks up callers or audience members to feed to the star. Plus interaction with the crew and ... hilarity ensues.

Or ... the crew behind the scenes of a terrible reality show, like Real Housewives of blah di blah. And hilarity ensues.

Or, the employes of a matchmaker business for rich new yorkers and ... hilarity ensues.

But I feel like it's all been done, unlike my FAWCer idea. Which is a lot more fun! :D

We'll see. Maybe in all of my spare time I'll get them both done ...

Good to know, slyc, thanks. The prescription she gave me is something like 50,000 units a week, which seems a little insane. But oh well.

I don't much of a shot at this contest, but my friend is badgering me. I think you just have to write one episode. I don't think the 1/2 hour sitcom is my forte, either, I'm not that funny. I have an awesome idea for an hour dramedy ... but that's for later.

My idea now is for the hilarious goings on of a "psychic" call center, where the "psychics" give their readings over video chat. But it's run like a basic crappy call center and ... with lots of personalities, and maybe one genuine medium, hilarity ensues. Or behind the scenes of a psychic call in show where the star is really just a talented mentalist, but her/his assistant really is psychic and give tips, and there is a handsome young computer expert who looks up callers or audience members to feed to the star. Plus interaction with the crew and ... hilarity ensues.

Or ... the crew behind the scenes of a terrible reality show, like Real Housewives of blah di blah. And hilarity ensues.

Or, the employes of a matchmaker business for rich new yorkers and ... hilarity ensues.

But I feel like it's all been done, unlike my FAWCer idea. Which is a lot more fun! :D

We'll see. Maybe in all of my spare time I'll get them both done ...

Your body will process the Vitamin D it needs and purge the rest. No biggee.

See, after reading the ideas for the sitcom, especially about the psychic call-in show, I'm immediately thinking crime drama as opposed to sitcom. Maybe that's just an indication of how my mind works.

Then again, I could just see one of the psychics being Indian with a thick accent and a bad command of English, but he's actually pretty gifted. Too bad most people can't understand what he's saying.

"I am being very pleased to be reading your mind. I am seeing you working with many pricks in your future."

"Many what?"

"Pricks. Those things that are being on the shafts of roses."

"Oh. You mean thorns."

"Yes. Thorns. Pricks. Whatever is the difference."

:p

See, crime drama, or any drama, is where my head goes, too. I guess I'm thinking of a riff on The Office, where there is a bunch of people not very good at their jobs (being a fake psychic) with a smattering of the earnest and the indifferent, the idiot, the boss who seems like a moron but does the right thing at just the right time (Michael Scott) etc. Plus people giving fake psychic advice could be pretty funny.

We'll see where the muse takes me ...

See, crime drama, or any drama, is where my head goes, too. I guess I'm thinking of a riff on The Office, where there is a bunch of people not very good at their jobs (being a fake psychic) with a smattering of the earnest and the indifferent, the idiot, the boss who seems like a moron but does the right thing at just the right time (Michael Scott) etc. Plus people giving fake psychic advice could be pretty funny.

We'll see where the muse takes me ...

Could always have one of the psychic readers who thinks he's just a clever fake turn out to have real psychic gifts. But that would be better developed as the story went on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back