The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major spring cleaning around the apartment today. Took two crt monitors, an old pc and a box of random computer junk to the recycling place. Vacuuming, scrubbing counters, mopping floors, all on the agenda. I think I deserve a treat at the bar if I get this all done. :D

Only the cougars. :D
But was "cougar" a common term back in the '80s?

Ye gods, I is hungry. . . .
I hear you. Sadly, I just got back from the grocery store and have no idea what to do for dinner.

Major spring cleaning around the apartment today. Took two crt monitors, an old pc and a box of random computer junk to the recycling place. Vacuuming, scrubbing counters, mopping floors, all on the agenda. I think I deserve a treat at the bar if I get this all done. :D
Ooh, wanna do the vacuuming here too?

Rolf; please get this man a really good drink. He deserves it.
He'll deserve it even more if he cleans my place as well.
:)

But was "cougar" a common term back in the '80s?

I hear you. Sadly, I just got back from the grocery store and have no idea what to do for dinner.

Ooh, wanna do the vacuuming here too?

Rolf; please get this man a really good drink. He deserves it.
He'll deserve it even more if he cleans my place as well.

Bathroom cleaned, floors mopped, bedroom picked up and bed made. Got to pick up the living room and vacuum the carpets.

Thank you. Enquiries of my local supermarket (no go as yet) and my local Chemist (that's 'Pharmacy' for non UK readers), indicate that diet jams cause more problems than they solve. So I got some ordinary marmalade for now (Duerrs Fine Cut Seville Orange).

I have discovered why I feel slightly dizzy after taking swift * actions. It's my Atenolol (Beta Blockers) stopping my ticker going off wild.
* Swift is a very relative term, folks. I ain't ready to run much, yet.

But I am getting there.

Han, diet anything is terrible. They fill it with chemicals that make it taste half-way normal and the chemicals will kill you. Atenolol is a different matter. That stuff almost killed me. It caused a nasty, breathless condition that put me down. I no longer take it or any meds. They messed me up too much.

Have to agree with Molly. I avoid anything with the word "diet" on the label. I'm of the opinion that there's nothing in the world worse than aspertame, and if I want something sweet, I want it sweetened with sugar, damn it. Or honey. Honey's good, too.

Man, what a day. Spent most of it at Fiesta, and I have the tired feet, burgeoning sunburn, half-melted sandals and fatherly frustration to show for it.

Olaf, get me a beer and don't forget to open it this time. ;)

Beers! for the domestically and paternally exhausted guys, and coffee for me and HP. Sorry to hear in Free Association that the fishing was a bit slow yesterday, HP. And that your meds are causing you difficulties. Is it worth a word with the doc to see if they can be adjusted?

LOL, TxRad, Lovecraft said I must give up my cubs and find a big bad boy. I had high hopes of you but see - I missed you again! Actually my cubs are mainly on Facebook and there are one or two in my hotmail inbox ;). They hang around there telling me their woes and being booted up the bum to get their acts together, stop anxsting about life and get the courage to go out flirting with kittens. LOL.

I had a fun tutorial yesterday, slightly marred by the fact that I discovered while teaching that Those In Total power (or the TITs), had completely screwed up writing out the assignment question, including providing two tables with the wrong data entered in them, mistakenly pasting a chunk from lower down the question saying 'this part will not be assessed' into a part that certainly will be assessed and saying the students have to consider 'a table' when there are two there. :rolleyes:. One of the brighter among the students joked, "well if we go wrong, we can blame the question," and I said, "I'm afraid you probably seriously can appeal if you don't get a good mark here." Ooops! Bad teacher. ;)

*sigh* Well, after a long hard day of cleaning I was hoping for a fun and rewarding evening. Looks like that's gone to shit. :(

*sigh* Well, after a long hard day of cleaning I was hoping for a fun and rewarding evening. Looks like that's gone to shit. :(

Oh honey! poor thing, what went wrong?

I'm just popping out for almond croissants and giant chocolate chip cookies for breakfast. :devil: You sound like you need one.
<hug>

Beers! for the domestically and paternally exhausted guys, and coffee for me and HP. Sorry to hear in Free Association that the fishing was a bit slow yesterday, HP. And that your meds are causing you difficulties. Is it worth a word with the doc to see if they can be adjusted?

I had a fun tutorial yesterday, slightly marred by the fact that I discovered while teaching that Those In Total power (or the TITs), had completely screwed up writing out the assignment question, including providing two tables with the wrong data entered in them, mistakenly pasting a chunk from lower down the question saying 'this part will not be assessed' into a part that certainly will be assessed and saying the students have to consider 'a table' when there are two there.
One of the brighter among the students joked, "well if we go wrong, we can blame the question," and I said, "I'm afraid you probably seriously can appeal if you don't get a good mark here."

Answer paper:
!. Which of the data provided are we supposed to use, OR
2. Do we get a longer time to answer using BOTH sets, OR
3. What part of "for God's sake learn to use a word processor before imposing your particular brand of stupid upon us" do you not understand?.
Oh, the joys of a computer in the hands of the ignorant.

With a little luck, I might get out fishing today. The weather looks decent, anyway.
=====================
Molly:
Han, diet anything is terrible. They fill it with chemicals that make it taste half-way normal and the chemicals will kill you. Atenolol is a different matter. That stuff almost killed me. It caused a nasty, breathless condition that put me down. I no longer take it or any meds. They messed me up too much.

I remember you writing about your problems with the ol' ticker. I don't have the "breathless" problem (too idle, I guess), but I fully intend seeking an appointment with my GP (aka "the Doctor") ASAP to discuss this dichotomy.

======================

Rolf, put her down and get a large whatever-they-drink all round.

'Lo HP! It's a beautiful morning here in Wales, how's it looking with you? Although rain is forecast later, so take your big brolly. Hope the fish bite better than yesterday.

What a bunch, eh? :rolleyes:. And meanwhile my manager has of course made NO REPLY AT ALL to the form I sent which I wasted ages filling in and which everyone else was very rude about.

Keep us up to date about what the GP says.
:rose:

'Lo HP! It's a beautiful morning here in Wales, how's it looking with you? Although rain is forecast later, so take your big brolly. Hope the fish bite better than yesterday.

What a bunch, eh? :rolleyes:. And meanwhile my manager has of course made NO REPLY AT ALL to the form I sent which I wasted ages filling in and which everyone else was very rude about.

Keep us up to date about what the GP says.

A copy of the offending paper and a simple question mark not enough to indicate something not right, eh?
At twenty past eight the temperature outside of about 11 degrees, If it continues to rise a little, it will do me fine, provided that the wind stays easy.

A copy of the offending paper and a simple question mark not enough to indicate something not right, eh?
At twenty past eight the temperature outside of about 11 degrees, If it continues to rise a little, it will do me fine, provided that the wind stays easy.

This was a different form :rolleyes:, one for her pet project offering us a bit of extra money. The others were all horrible to her about it, LOL. I was like, "Extra money? Count me in! Sure, I will waste my time filling in a stupid form and pretending that I'm supporting the students specially this year when I actually do it all the time anyway. Where's the cash? I know what to spend that on. :devil:" It will probably go on a new spring wardrobe for the growing piglet, LOL. I feed that kid too well.

It's still forecast rain out there so make sure you keep dry.

This was a different form :rolleyes:, one for her pet project offering us a bit of extra money. The others were all horrible to her about it, LOL. I was like, "Extra money? Count me in! Sure, I will waste my time filling in a stupid form and pretending that I'm supporting the students specially this year when I actually do it all the time anyway. Where's the cash? I know what to spend that on. :devil:"
It will probably go on a new spring wardrobe for the growing piglet, LOL.
I feed that kid too well.

It's still forecast rain out there so make sure you keep dry.

And a few hand tools ?
A bad case of Asministratium-poisoning, by the sound of it

And a few hand tools ?
A bad case of Asministratium-poisoning, by the sound of it

Oooh! are you being naughty already? At this time in the morning, LOL. Such double entendre potential there.

I loved your joke about the price of batteries! :D

I'm off out to get the croissants. John, you're lurking somewhere, I hope having a better time after all. I loved your cat piccie, too. Classic! When I was a kid I used to love sitting in big cardboard boxes. Actually ... I still like it! When we had the washing machine delivered I just got in the box secretly and sat there for a bit smirking. ROFL.

Last edited:
Oh honey! poor thing, what went wrong?

I'm just popping out for almond croissants and giant chocolate chip cookies for breakfast. :devil: You sound like you need one.
<hug>

Eh, things just didn't go as planned. Croissants and chocolate chip cookies sound great though. Just heated up a Bacon cheese burger, opened a cold beer and streaming The Hunger Games.

Figaro just loves cardboard boxes. Even the shoebox sized ones from my study I cleaned out he tried to fit himself into.

Last edited:
Eh, things just didn't go as planned. Croissants and chocolate chip cookies sound great though. Just heated up a Bacon cheese burger, opened a cold beer and streaming The Hunger Games.

Figaro just loves cardboard boxes. Even the shoebox sized ones from my study I cleaned out he tried to fit himself into.

You sound like you need a big box to sit snugly in yourself, sweet:heart:. What a bummer, after you worked so hard cleaning all day too.

There were no choc chip cookies so I got squishy jam doughnuts and one covered in pink icing - for guess how. But Piglet has rejected it, I can see that she'll be painting her bedroom black any day now. :rolleyes:

Mmm, bacon cheeseburger! Don't waft it around too much, poor HP. :rose:

Hunger Games, huh. There is no hunger when the MILF is about! LOL. I must seriously look into making that white chocolate and green tea bavarois. It sounds very ... low calory, LOL.

You sound like you need a big box to sit snugly in yourself, sweet:heart:. What a bummer, after you worked so hard cleaning all day too.

There were no choc chip cookies so I got squishy jam doughnuts and one covered in pink icing - for guess how. But Piglet has rejected it, I can see that she'll be painting her bedroom black any day now. :rolleyes:

Mmm, bacon cheeseburger! Don't waft it around too much, poor HP. :rose:

Hunger Games, huh. There is no hunger when the MILF is about! LOL. I must seriously look into making that white chocolate and green tea bavarois. It sounds very ... low calory, LOL.

Hehe, I have a big box I fit snugly inside...it's called my apartment. :p

Mmm, doughnuts. There's a place near Pike Place market that sells HUGE chocolate chip cookies. Last time I was there I got one that was fresh out of the oven, all warm and gooey. Black bedroom, listening to death metal, green spiked hair and nose piercings....that actually does describe my youth a bit.

I'll be nice and try to not flaunt it off in front of him. If my cholesterol results come out higher than expected, I may be forbidden from eating them for awhile. Better enjoy them while I can.

Last edited:
This was a different form :rolleyes:, one for her pet project offering us a bit of extra money. The others were all horrible to her about it, LOL. I was like, "Extra money? Count me in! Sure, I will waste my time filling in a stupid form and pretending that I'm supporting the students specially this year when I actually do it all the time anyway. Where's the cash? I know what to spend that on. :devil:" It will probably go on a new spring wardrobe for the growing piglet, LOL. I feed that kid too well.

I'm the local community's expert at filling in stupid forms to get money. My best result on my own is getting twenty thousand pounds out of John Prescott when he was Deputy Prime Minister. That money was used to brighten (literally - more street lights) and improve a useful alleyway that is a short cut between the sea front and the town centre. I also used the form to encourage our local brewers to spend five thousand pounds to improve the maintenance of a public house that had a long wall on the alley.

My local Twinning Association has a constant problem. Their French partners are publicly funded. The only inconvenience to them is that they have to bring their Mayor on all visits to us. The current Mayor is no problem. He speaks good English, has a wicked sense of humour, plays a mean game of boules, and likes our local beer. But the next Mayor might not be so good.

I showed the Twinning Association where and how to apply to several funding bodies for money. It wasn't much, but it was three times their normal annual income. The next time the French Mayor and their twinning association visited our town, the food was much improved and the beer (and wine) flowed freely.

Have to agree with Molly. I avoid anything with the word "diet" on the label. I'm of the opinion that there's nothing in the world worse than aspertame, and if I want something sweet, I want it sweetened with sugar, damn it. Or honey. Honey's good, too.

Man, what a day. Spent most of it at Fiesta, and I have the tired feet, burgeoning sunburn, half-melted sandals and fatherly frustration to show for it.

Olaf, get me a beer and don't forget to open it this time. ;)
By "honey," do you mean the natural, locally produced stuff, willie? I'm inconsistent about getting it here, but that's all I use in my coffee when visiting my mil. The shop she buys it at is becoming quite the local industry.

Fiesta sounds like it was fun. At least, I hope I read that right. :)

*hug* I'm sorry you didn't get your fun and rewarding evening, but at least the place is clean now. Plus, you've inspired me to get upstairs and sort out my office so I can paint and buy a new bookshelf. The fella cleaned it out while I was having fun with my family, but now I have my theatre stuff and the business stuff to properly organize before the room becomes unusable again.

I hope the weather cooperates with you, HP. We're expecting a rousing six degrees here. After a week where we ranged from 16-23, this weekend has been a major setback for both my sinuses and sanity.

I'm the local community's expert at filling in stupid forms to get money. My best result on my own is getting twenty thousand pounds out of John Prescott when he was Deputy Prime Minister. That money was used to brighten (literally - more street lights) and improve a useful alleyway that is a short cut between the sea front and the town centre. I also used the form to encourage our local brewers to spend five thousand pounds to improve the maintenance of a public house that had a long wall on the alley.

My local Twinning Association has a constant problem. Their French partners are publicly funded. The only inconvenience to them is that they have to bring their Mayor on all visits to us. The current Mayor is no problem. He speaks good English, has a wicked sense of humour, plays a mean game of boules, and likes our local beer. But the next Mayor might not be so good.

I showed the Twinning Association where and how to apply to several funding bodies for money. It wasn't much, but it was three times their normal annual income. The next time the French Mayor and their twinning association visited our town, the food was much improved and the beer (and wine) flowed freely.
Depending on how far west your twin city is, I've probably driven through it. ;) I love seeing those cheery greeting signs announcing "jumelee avec."

By "honey," do you mean the natural, locally produced stuff, willie? I'm inconsistent about getting it here, but that's all I use in my coffee when visiting my mil. The shop she buys it at is becoming quite the local industry.

Fiesta sounds like it was fun. At least, I hope I read that right. :)

Yes, "honey" as in the real deal. There are a few local producers of it in central Texas, who control where the bees gather their pollen from. So they have a slew of honey products made from various wildflowers. Good stuff.

As for Fiesta: sorry, local reference. Fiesta is a ten-day party in San Antonio, with numerous parades downtown and on the Riverwalk and other sponsored events. One of the best is the St. Mary's Oyster Bake, held at St. Mary's College. Five stages of live music, tons of oysters in all different kinds of preparation, numerous beer and wine booths . . . it's a blast. And not far away is the carnival, with tons of rides and games. No matter anyone's age, there's fun to be had.

I've just eaten a fairly large tea, so I'm not concerned with Cheese/burgers and the like although the idea of a choc chip cookie is making my mouth water a bit (pre treatment it would have been a little river, but it ain't got to normal yet).

But the fish weren't playing (well, the odd minnow, I think), and the wind got cold (I wasn't geared up for that).

What I need is a decent, small, fixed spool reel.
Look out E-Bay, here I come.

Honey has too high a glycemic index. I use agave syrup almost exclusively. It's index is 17, honey's varies from 40-60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back