how to pick up a girl you like

justintime84

Virgin
Joined
Oct 17, 2015
Posts
1
im not the best looking guy, i always say or do the wrong thing when hitting on women. any advice??
 
Since the lifting jokes have been made. . .

It depends so much on who you are and who,she is that the best anyone can really offer is general adcice. Be confident, clean (assuming dirty guys aren't her thing), and calm. Simple advice for dealing with people in general.
 
Think of her as a person. Talk to her as if she has something interesting to say.

Then lift with your legs, not your back...
 
A hip toss works well if you're just trying to come in and get her off her feet.
 
Well, I can't help you!

I am not worth a damn at picking a woman in a bar or anywhere else...One of those things I am NOT any good at.

Meeting and maybe making a date later yes, I usually can do that if she is available.
 
When I was much younger (think university student age) I used to join organisations that had women members as well as men.

Getting involved with the running of the organisation brought me into contact with possible dates, but my best location for encounters was in the kitchen helping with the washing up.
 
I saw this video....a guy walking around a campus... His arms full... He stops a gal and asks " my arms are full, can you reach into my back pocket and get my cell phone"

When she does

He says " can you enter your name and. Number? "
 
I saw this video....a guy walking around a campus... His arms full... He stops a gal and asks " my arms are full, can you reach into my back pocket and get my cell phone"

When she does

He says " can you enter your name and. Number? "

And here I was reserving the "show her your dick" response until the OP had at least 2 posts to his name! :eek::D

To the OP, it isn't about your game or your looks, or even the thickness of your wallet. It is ALL about your self confidence and respect for your target audience. Women tend to care a whole lot less about looks than men, so don't sweat the fact that you don't look like the 80's version of Tom Selleck. Dress well, groom well, articulate well, and by all means, have something interesting to say and talk about.

If all else fails, ladies like the cock, so show 'em your cock! ;);););)
 
The first hurdle you have to overcome is the idea that you are going to focus on the one and only girl that you like. Crushing on a girl you are not involved with is very limiting. You have no idea whether it is likely that you happen to tick the boxes for her. Because you care about the outcome it shows. Not caring about the outcome is both safer and displays confidence.

Once you have some self-confidence and truly see yourself as worth knowing, that will matter less but confidence is a pretty hard thing to fake.

Approach lots of girls. The prettier and the less attainable you think they are the better. Think about it, pretty girls are often spoken for. How bad is it going to crush your ego if a very pretty girl gives you a smile and says, "Oh thanks, but I have a boyfriend." You still got some practice in.

Don't approach girls that you feel you are settling for. You will come off as insincere if you are not actually interested. Start with just saying hi to random girls. Open your mouth. Don't concern yourself with saying the "right" thing.

The goal of picking them up is pretty lofty if you are nervous about approaching. Don't set that as a goal, or a standard for whether your interaction "went well" or not.
 
What que said with an addendum, mostly it's not being confident. Mostly what gets a woman interested in a guy for a date is if she can stand to look at him, if he is dressed nicely, which varies from woman to woman, and if he is nice.

I will touch on nice since that is not obvious apparently. :rolleyes: When I say nice I mean, when you go up to a woman, you say hi, and then you compliment her. Doesn't have to be a long compliment, or plenty of detail. Simple as hi, you have lovely eyes and I couldn't stay away. Really nice to hear and she will either say thanks I have a boyfriend, or thanks and give a compliment back.

This is where dressing nice comes into play. If you own suits, wear the fucking thing. Seriously, most women like men in suits. Not because it shows off his ass, cock, or toned belly. Women like men in suits because it hides all of that. In a way it is a game, figuring out what he looks like under the suit is rather fun to do. I will mention that beer belly is something one expects to find on your husband, not the guy that perhaps will be. So, exercise often, go to the gym even. It's not about being muscle bound or having toned arms, legs, and abs. It's about not being roly poly and breathing heavy to walk five feet.
 
And here I was reserving the "show her your dick" response until the OP had at least 2 posts to his name! :eek::D

To the OP, it isn't about your game or your looks, or even the thickness of your wallet. It is ALL about your self confidence and respect for your target audience. Women tend to care a whole lot less about looks than men, so don't sweat the fact that you don't look like the 80's version of Tom Selleck. Dress well, groom well, articulate well, and by all means, have something interesting to say and talk about.

If all else fails, ladies like the cock, so show 'em your cock! ;);););)
Most of that^

It helps if you treat the person as exactly that - instead of as somebody who should be so damn grateful for one nice word that her clothes will fall off and her legs suddenly open for you! :D
 
im not the best looking guy, i always say or do the wrong thing when hitting on women. any advice??
Neither is my husband - it took him a few months to even get his head around the idea of asking me out, and a week of terror before he actually did it. Have I mentioned that he's my husband? :D

Be nice, be respectul, don't take "yes" for granted, and you might be very pleasantly surprised.
 
Lift with your legs, not your back.
:D

But don't lift petite women at all, unless you must - few of us like it (except during sex) - save that for taller ladies who I've heard lamenting never being lifted or carried.
 
What does pick up a girl you like mean to you? Are you looking for someone to fuck that night? Are you wanting to ask a girl out to date to have a girlfriend? Unless you're ugly as sin looks has very little to do with it. I see very attractive women with fat scruffy guys all the time. Confidence is a must and good conversation is usually a must too. While some guys are talented with these right off the bat due to their genes, most guys have to learn it through experience, which means they have to learn from their mistakes. Most people can't just get on a bike and ride without falling a few times first.
 
Make a list of qualities you want in a woman/wife.

Now only approach those that look hot to you. You want the physical attraction and now you're going to interview them to see if they meet your shopping list of qualities. If they don't, walk away.

Talk to them about the venue, or the occassion you are both attending.
Ask what they do for fun. Tell them you LIKE something they do or a quality they have i.e. being adventurous.

Make eye contact when they are talking. Smile.

Ask about their hobbies or a cause they are passionate about.

Relate these to childhood memories. If they like skiing, ask where they skied as a child...get them talking about their childhood happy memories. Look at them as they talk about these memories.

Try to use the same words they use.
"I went on a beach vacation" respond with "You went on a beach vacation".
This seems stupid but it works.

Tease them a little. Turn away from them for a couple seconds. This breaks rapport and makes them feel like they're losing your interest. They will fight to get your attention back.

Remember to get the phone number, say you want to take them on a proper date. Make a date.
 
In that case :
Being hit on in a bar -sort of shtick: yucky, creepy and creepy.
Libraries or a genuine offer to help: cute and cool.
EDIT.
Which I'm sure you are (cute or cool), given the way you are describing yourself (unassuming). Unlike soo many narcissistic dicks out there.
 
Last edited:
It's about being interesting, at least at first. I might glance at a cute guy, he might even get a second look if he's really good looking or quirky looking, then he'll notice the interest, approach, open his mouth aaandd... nope. totally turned off.

Say something interesting, something different, pickup lines are generally a no no, unless it's a genuinely witty one I haven't heard before. Ask me something I'm not expecting.

For God's sake don't stand at the bar, beer in hand, and gawk at the entering and leaving females as if they were a different species. Confidence is important, but really it shouldn't take a few drinks for you to gain that confidence, by that point we can smell the beer on your breath and usually tell if it's the alcohol that's giving you the courage.

Stand out from the crowd, don't be another one of those guys who stares at the girls all night before plucking up the courage to ask one of them out. Oh, and really don't be afraid to disagree. We girls are not all the same, but honestly just hearing our own opinions regurgitated back at us gets boring. I like arguing... ahem... debating, or even just hearing another side to something. Be the guy that makes me think. He's the one that will either stick in my mind the next day, or even in his or my bed...

Unfortunately, I don't meet enough guys with all of those qualities for that to be a regular occurrence. Maybe I'm just too picky :/
 
Back
Top