The Cool Science Stuff Thread

bamuke9eaetcfhy4ltnm.jpg
 

In case you are not being sarcastic, the conclusion of the article sums it up nicely;
"Every year a number of creationist rafting trips go through Grand Canyon and stop at these nautiloid outcrops, asserting they constitute conclusive proof for mass kills caused by Noah’s Flood. As with so much else in what creationists say about Grand Canyon, the evidence in the rocks simply does not support their claim."
 
In case you are not being sarcastic, the conclusion of the article sums it up nicely;
"Every year a number of creationist rafting trips go through Grand Canyon and stop at these nautiloid outcrops, asserting they constitute conclusive proof for mass kills caused by Noah’s Flood. As with so much else in what creationists say about Grand Canyon, the evidence in the rocks simply does not support their claim."

Ye of little faith!
 
If I had to explain what it is that i'm looking at, I would have to say the past, space is relative and time is a constant. Principles of algebra evolve into geometry and combine statements there are no absolutes. The weight of salt amplifies a signal whenever it oscillates???
 
The Deepwater Search for the Antikythera Mechanism, the World’s First Computer

Sometime in the early first century B.C., a ship went down in the Mediterranean Sea, just off a Greek island named Antikythera. The wreck itself wasn’t unusual. The island was surrounded by jagged rocks, which likely caused many a boat to disappear back then. But there was something different about this one. The boat contained a trove of statues, jewelry, and — most notably — what some scholars believe to be the earliest computer known to man.

On Sept. 15, with the help of a technologically advanced underwater suit that makes the wearer resemble Iron Man, archaeologist Dr. Brendan Foley will lead a team to do one final excavation of the site. He hopes to find yet another ancient computer, along with details that will help historians finally identify who its owner was all those years ago — a question that may shape how we view the birth of civilized technology
.


a7240f41a8cafdbceb738d3c217c07db747db37c.jpg
 
Millennia-old sunken ship could be world’s oldest, researchers suggest

Underwater excavations led by Ankara University’s Research Center for Maritime Archaeology (ANKÜSAM) have uncovered sunken ships ranging from the second century B.C. to the Ottoman period in İzmir’s Urla district.

A recent excavation uncovered a ship estimated to date back 4,000 years, which experts say would make it the oldest sunken ship to have been discovered in the Mediterranean.

Urla Port is one of Turkey’s rare underwater excavation sites. Professor Hayat Erkanal, the head of Limantepe excavations for the underwater ancient city of Klozemenai and director of ANKÜSAM, said the port dates back to the seventh century B.C. Klozemenai, he explained, was a coastal town, making it the home of many sunken ships from different eras. An earthquake in the eighth century left the city underwater.
 
Brain Drain

Somehow, you'ld want to do as little and cover as much ground as possible, the Pit and the Pendulum, as an example the Coriolis Effect? Weighting distance in a magnet for what it worth... if a NS pole bisects an inductor does it transmit the property of motion as in an oscillators? Angular Momentum TV.
 
Back
Top