Battle of the Sexes

Yay, chapter 1 of my mixed battle series is published. If you're interested, tell me what you think, any and all of you :) I love getting comments.
 
Bleh, people don't seem to like this one. :p

I don't mind, but I would love to know why!

C'mon detractors, where are you? Let me hear from you!
 
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-c...-fox-wins-unimpressively-video-142855590.html

I'm really, really interested in this topic. What do people think?

I think you have to be really careful with female v male contests (and I know the clip is a tranny v females I'm talking about the topic in general) because my experience with male readers is that they are an insecure vengeful bunch who hate seeing the male character bettered by a female. (Mind you you've got really good ratings so you have it pretty well sussed as far as I can see)

The whole women with muscles thing is decidedly erotic in my opinion so good on you for championing the cause. The only Muscly thing I ever wrote was a lesbian one called "It's more fun losing". In it our heroine has a woman knock on her door trying to get numbers for their gym and by intensive questioning she finds they do wrestling in the greco- roman style and don't wear leotards or anything else. She is also able after more questioning to get the woman to let her see her wrestling uniform.

So in that one she was the dominant personality while in wrestling the woman could wipe the floor with her. It gets quite erotic really this sort of thing.
 
I must go read your story! :)

Well, I don't want to generalize too much - I've received so many kind comments from male and female readers alike!

I don't really care so much about my ratings, I care more about feedback. But I appreciate that people rarely have time to give much in the way of qualitative comments...

Anyway, I am just really interested to hear. Do people think Fallon Fox is, for all intents and purposes, still a man *when it comes to MMA*, as much as they may or may not otherwise respect her sex change? Or do they feel she has every right to compete against the likes of Ronda Rousey, Gina Carano, Liz Carmouche, Miesha Tate and all the rest?
 
I must go read your story! :)

Well, I don't want to generalize too much - I've received so many kind comments from male and female readers alike!

I don't really care so much about my ratings, I care more about feedback. But I appreciate that people rarely have time to give much in the way of qualitative comments...

Anyway, I am just really interested to hear. Do people think Fallon Fox is, for all intents and purposes, still a man *when it comes to MMA*, as much as they may or may not otherwise respect her sex change? Or do they feel she has every right to compete against the likes of Ronda Rousey, Gina Carano, Liz Carmouche, Miesha Tate and all the rest?


Don't rush; it's no where near good enough to post here yet but thanks for the thought.

I just Wiki ed Fallon and she is the real deal, she's had the surgeries, had the hormone treatment and she is female. The strength males have is gone and she fights women on a level playing field.

Good for her and she's sexy wee thing too. What impresses me is how carefully she has been monitored, you think of the South African runner who I think was or is a cheat but this girl has done it all and hats off to her for that.
 
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-c...-fox-wins-unimpressively-video-142855590.html

I'm really, really interested in this topic. What do people think?

I think before its all said and done (in the realm of sports as a whole) your DNA will be used to determine whether you compete as a man or a woman.

I personally think Fox was sand bagging this fight. I watch a lot of MMA, and it looked like a man was fighting a woman. I love watching female MMA fights, and I think its great that women have built a fan base for their fighting. I think they worked hard to get it, and I personally think this could hurt it.

I can't imagine being Liz Carmouche or Miesha Tate, and being told not only do you have to fight the hungriest women in the game, now you have to fight a woman that genetically, is a man. I believe if a title fight ends up happening, you'll see legal actions starting, to challenge the validity of it being a fair fight.
 
I see the point about the hormone treatments, but it's also bone structure and genetic propensity for muscle building, as Ronda Rousey said. So... right now opinion seems split?

Another thing that interested me about this topic was how a very vocal minority see it as a guy liking to beat up women. Now this is just totally uncalled-for, imputing such motives to Fallon Fox, but it does highlight for me that we feel really uncomfortable at the thought of mixed-gender fights. I know I do, actually - I've been delaying my stories because of this!
 
I don't even have an issue with a woman getting in the ring with a man. I was in Bakersfield last year, and watched marianna kheyfets put a serious hurting on a guy, and I watched her take a pretty serious ass whooping from a guy as well.

She wanted it, and she got it, and she was 100% professional start to finish. It was just sparring, but she still had the choice to do it or not.

I think if you did a blind poll of female fighters, they'd unanimously agree this shouldn't be allowed. We still haven't proven that hormone therapy reduces bone density to the same levels as most women, and the same could be said about muscle mass.

Everyone walks on egg shells when it comes to transgender, and while I don't have issues or opinions about people choosing to do this, forcing others to accept it when it affects their career will probably be a different story.
 
Back
Top