The "Let's All Nag Angeline to Finish NaNoWriNo" Thread

You are doing something that I wish I had the nerve to do and I'm so glad I get to share your endeavour :rose:

I agree with Annie, I'm watching with breathless admiration. Keep it up, it's like a writers marathon. :heart:

Well, I keep waiting for you. When?

I feel this isn't the place so I'll start a thread in the Other Place. (P.F. & D) (at a later date - too tired to think straight.)

Last edited:
44,122. According to the stats if I continue at this rate I'll hit 50k on the 21st. But, if I stretch it to the 30th I only have to write 490 words a day. 490 is easy. It's two paragraphs or so.

Your continued kind words just add to the exhiliration that is pushing me along. I have never written anything this long, ever! For what it's worth I have considered that I'm doing this, at least in part anyway, for the poetry forum. My home team as it were. :eek:

44,122. According to the stats if I continue at this rate I'll hit 50k on the 21st. But, if I stretch it to the 30th I only have to write 490 words a day. 490 is easy. It's two paragraphs or so.

Your continued kind words just add to the exhiliration that is pushing me along. I have never written anything this long, ever! For what it's worth I have considered that I'm doing this, at least in part anyway, for the poetry forum. My home team as it were. :eek:

:kiss::rose::kiss: (from a virtual homie, lol)

I agree with Annie, I'm watching with breathless admiration. Keep it up, it's like a writers marathon. :heart:

I feel this isn't the place so I'll start a thread in the Other Place. (P.F. & D) (at a later date - too tired to think straight.)
lol - I will FB you! :kiss:

And now, off of the silliness, a word from me to Angeline:

WOW, babe. Knowing you're already 9/10ths of the way done? I'm so proud that I'm glowing for you. You're almost there and I know you will finish and I also know that even in haste your writing will make us drool. I'm envious, I'm jealous, I'm proud and I adore you ... you will finish, of that I am most certainly sure. Rooting (well not with pompoms or anything) but cheering you to your deadline!

Love and loads of it! xo CH

And now, off of the silliness, a word from me to Angeline:

WOW, babe. Knowing you're already 9/10ths of the way done? I'm so proud that I'm glowing for you. You're almost there and I know you will finish and I also know that even in haste your writing will make us drool. I'm envious, I'm jealous, I'm proud and I adore you ... you will finish, of that I am most certainly sure. Rooting (well not with pompoms or anything) but cheering you to your deadline!

Love and loads of it! xo CH

You can bring the silliness back. We should never leave off that here imho. And the cheering is great! I feel like I'm running a marathon and you're there (and Chip and PoeTess and Annie, too) in um skimpy little cheerleader outfits. Sorry. I'll let Tzara pick his own getup. :D

46,244. Unbelievable! The little status bar at NaNoWriMo is almost ready to turn green!

I might even finish (the contest; the draft has a long way to go...) tomorrow. Or I might take a day off.

I just wrote what I think is a very important scene. It also happens to be a sex scene between two virgins. I think it's believable and natural sounding, but I may look at it tomorrow and feel differently lol. And now I have to kill off one of the main characters. I've spent time and effort building this character, trying to make the person likeable and someone readers would identify with, so the death will come as more of a shock.

I think I'm also sad to see this character go, but I knew this event was part of the story even before I began writing.

But maybe I should take a day off to gird my loins for it, so to speak. I bet I won't be able to though. I'm starting to feel like I'm hanging on to this story like a snowball rolling down a hill. I'm the snow or um well, you get what I mean.

I noticed on Facebook yesterday that NaNoWriMo is urging you all on on there too! Oh and bouncing up and down in my skimpy cheerleader costume and pom poms in front of Remec too just in case he's flagging :D

Drum Roll......

I'd like to thank the Academy, and all the poets who supported me in this insane effort. (And I'm only on Chapter 9 with around 11 chapters to go. But I'll get there! But not in ten days...maybe sometime in December. We shall see.)

:rose::kiss::rose:

Yay Ange! You've been laying some ink!:nana:

I so have. About four chapters in it began to take on a life of its own, and now the story and characters are propelling me forward, beyond even my sore arms! It's acually fun, hard but fun.

We have to chat sometime. It's nice to see you here. :kiss:

Drum Roll......

I'd like to thank the Academy, and all the poets who supported me in this insane effort. (And I'm only on Chapter 9 with around 11 chapters to go. But I'll get there! But not in ten days...maybe sometime in December. We shall see.)

:rose::kiss::rose:
The Academy thanks you and is willing to... um... proofread! :D

Drat I knew I shouldn't have mentioned it! Lol, in a while. I promise. I think it'll show up in my av. :D

The Academy thanks you and is willing to... um... proofread! :D

Is the Academy insane???? It's looonnng!

I'm thinking that I should put up some of it (after my first good proof, of course: I'm so not exhibiting my dumb mistakes!), maybe on my own site. And if anyone wants to read, I'll send them a link. And if they don't, I'll understand.

Smiles and hugs...

To show you how crazed all this has made me...I thought that said similes and hugs. Really. I'm burnt. But I love you, too. So does the girl in the clinic in Switzerland. :heart:

Is the Academy insane???? It's looonnng!

Well, I just wrote the most amazing start of any story - Lauren even dropped a jaw, and since I know I'm really good, I know we can exchange tit-for-tat. Long? The academy may prefer long, but thick is better. :D :devil:

Well, I just wrote the most amazing start of any story - Lauren even dropped a jaw, and since I know I'm really good, I know we can exchange tit-for-tat. Long? The academy may prefer long, but thick is better. :D :devil:

It'll be plenty long AND thick by the time it's ready, baby. :D

<----------- There's the av. Laugh while you can! Hey, I thought I was being the Statue of Liberty at the time!

I wanted to put a super duper picture on here for you but I don't know what's happened in photobucket because I can't get the link in the usual way, but anyway are we ready?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> streak with pom poms >>>>>>>>>>>

It'll be plenty long AND thick by the time it's ready, baby. :D

<----------- There's the av. Laugh while you can! Hey, I thought I was being the Statue of Liberty at the time!
aw bless! so cute, angieasababy :D

I wanted to put a super duper picture on here for you but I don't know what's happened in photobucket because I can't get the link in the usual way, but anyway are we ready?

i missed it! no fair :mad:

There's nekkid wimmins in ma thread! You'd think that ud bring the men. And a few of the gals. :D

Your support is like sunshine. Honest. :kiss:

aw bless! so cute, angieasababy :D

i missed it! no fair :mad:

Maybe she'll be back. In the meantime we could streak. Like ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

There I go!

Back