To My Friends-

Hey, y'all.
It's been a while. A long while, and yet it seems like only yesterday that I was "so ready" to be no longer pregnant. Guess what?! I'm no longer pregnant. I'm the proud momma of the sweetest, smartest little girl. Seriously, she's more amazing than I could ever have hoped for.
Life in the Aussie household has been wonderful. It was a shocking adjustment into Parenthood that took me by the horns. Becoming a mother undermined every confidence I ever had in myself. Ironically, I started with the most incredible, empowering birth. It was long, hard, and I was in control the entire time. My body was so perfectly powerful. I was induced on Friday and gave birth 24 hours later.

The days following, I slowly learned how to mother. I'm proud to say I've really gotten the hang of it. Baby and I are kicking ass!

A really nice consequence of birthing the equivalent of a watermelon is that getting an IUD was relatively painless. I've had two previously and barely remained concious after the insertions, but this time, I didn't even feel it. Small victories ;)

I'll be in and out here but as you can expect, my attentions are focused elsewhere. Happy 4th!

That's absolutely beautiful :rose:

You just can't imagine the joys of parenthood until you experience it for yourself. Congratulations 🙂

Hey, y'all.
It's been a while. A long while, and yet it seems like only yesterday that I was "so ready" to be no longer pregnant. Guess what?! I'm no longer pregnant. I'm the proud momma of the sweetest, smartest little girl. Seriously, she's more amazing than I could ever have hoped for.
Life in the Aussie household has been wonderful. It was a shocking adjustment into Parenthood that took me by the horns. Becoming a mother undermined every confidence I ever had in myself. Ironically, I started with the most incredible, empowering birth. It was long, hard, and I was in control the entire time. My body was so perfectly powerful. I was induced on Friday and gave birth 24 hours later.

The days following, I slowly learned how to mother. I'm proud to say I've really gotten the hang of it. Baby and I are kicking ass!

A really nice consequence of birthing the equivalent of a watermelon is that getting an IUD was relatively painless. I've had two previously and barely remained concious after the insertions, but this time, I didn't even feel it. Small victories ;)

I'll be in and out here but as you can expect, my attentions are focused elsewhere. Happy 4th!

Congratulations!!!

This is where your life gets tuned upside down, inside out, back to front! But in a good way :D

:rose:Wonderful news, Aussie.:rose:
Life will begin to feel less upside down soon. Sleep helps...
I'm sure you will take all the changes as you live and learn together in your stride. You don't need to be confident in everything, just prepared to try things as best you think. Women's bodies are powerful but so are our minds. Trust your instincts.

Congrats again Aussie. :rose: I love hearing about your joy and bundle of joy. I'm sure she's as smart and beautiful as her mother.

Back