Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, in Kentucky. But it got rained out and postponed until tomorrow.

I can understand the attraction to NASCAR, but if I want to see a race, I'm much more interested in a good European rally sport than anything else. There's so much that can go wrong, and so much the driver has to do to avoid it.
 
I can understand the attraction to NASCAR, but if I want to see a race, I'm much more interested in a good European rally sport than anything else. There's so much that can go wrong, and so much the driver has to do to avoid it.

I was planning on watching the NASCAR race today and the F1 race at Silverstone tomorrow. Did get a chance to watch the rally cross races from today's X games in Munich. I haven't seen the rally races aired on SPEED or any other channel.
 
One of my favorite episodes of Star Trek Next Generation is on. Where they find the Dyson sphere and bring back Scotty.
 
I was planning on watching the NASCAR race today and the F1 race at Silverstone tomorrow. Did get a chance to watch the rally cross races from today's X games in Munich. I haven't seen the rally races aired on SPEED or any other channel.

When I was a teenager (mid-eighties), I had the opportunity to be one of those ridiculously-close-to-the-road observers at a rally sport in Bavaria. My father and I were pressed against a tree as we watched the cars come zooming by. We stood at the start of an S-curve in the road. At one point, some racy little red speedster went flying past us, took the sharp turn around the bend, and . . .

*thump*

Everyone scrambled around to see what happened. The speedster sat idling off to the side of the road, nothing but a bare frame around a roll-bar cage and a naked engine. Thousands of little pieces of fiberglass lay on the road and around the now-crooked tree the driver had hit.

Technically, the car hadn't been all that damaged, aside from some minor frame bending. But because the fiberglass shell was shattered, the car and driver were disqualified.

That didn't sit well with the driver; he took his now full air-conditioned rally sport and went off down the road. :p
 
I use Mrs. B (a modern new one) for much of my practical cooking! (Ie, anything that is not poaching a salmon in a cakemixer :D.)


Well, I survived the Staff Development event - without getting angry at
a) the line manager saying blithely "How are you guys getting on organising that upcoming event?" (Uh, that is your job.) "I haven't looked at my email for a couple of days."
b) the line manager using constant examples of how I provide feedback to students as examples of how to do it, then still having a go and saying my marking is 'aberrant' and I must pull the marks down so they are in line with the other lecturers' marks (my colleague kindly struck up: "Maybe it's good teaching, not aberrant marking?" but line management he say, No possibile! Statistics do not lie, must be stupid bad marking.
And as there were only two of us left by the end of the day (oh, I wonder why), they let us out early without making us pretend to mark some made-up assignments - I mean, we have only been marking hundreds of the things for about twelve years between the two of us, and I have got a ton of them coming my way tomorrow for real! :mad:

And I survived Piglet's solo at the violin concert. [1]
:rose:

And the cat started giving birth about midnight in my bed. [2]

Yah, a typical day in Stepford! LOL.

Erm. .
Give 'aberant' line manager (where do they get these daft titles from?)
a couple of the papers and say "OK, smarty, YOU mark them!

[1] buy Piglet a record of the Hot Club of France (Stephane Grappelli) ?
like here.
(I have to admit I like the way Django played. Stephane is at about 1.40)

[2] maybe she didn't make it to the maternity suite in time ?
How many do you now have and when can we see the pics.?
 
Survived an extended family dinner last night. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I even got sent home with some leftover biryani. :cool:
 
Race For Life

The Annual Race For Life went past my house this morning.

Thank you and congratulations to all the participants.

attachment.php


attachment.php
 
One of my favorite episodes of Star Trek Next Generation is on. Where they find the Dyson sphere and bring back Scotty.

Isn't that the one where they manage to transport with the shields up, going against every other episode, where they say they can't transport with shields up? :)
 
I am going to a benefit at a vineyard to raise money for area animal shelters. There's a fifty per cent chance of isolated storms. Wine, dogs and thunder. It could prove to be an interesting outing.
 
I crocheted a toy for PennGirl last night, a little fairy doll. PennBoy asked if I could make him a Pokemon toy. Sure. so we look up patterns. He wants Blastoise. I find pattern.

In Norwegian. :p

(Actually today I found another pattern and a translation of the Norwegian one. Still, boy, wish he could ask for something easier.)
 
If you think the strength of my words threatens your beliefs, than maybe you should question the strength of your beliefs instead of threatening me with your words.
 
:D TGP! you are so naughty! You are on a roll right now - don't stop! (Thinks briefly of the Rolling Stones on last night, singing very badly but nobody cared.)

Every once in a while my brain decides to drop some goodies on the world, but it will soon return to watching instead of dropping. "Mental hibernation for the weak minded."
 
I am so glad that I have been getting two days workout on the punching bag at the gym the last few weeks. I have moved up from doing 4 1 minute rounds with a minute rest between, to 2 minutes on, 2 off, 4 on, 1 off, 4 on, 2 off, 2 on, 2 off, 2 on. I feel like a beast when I am finished too :D
 
I crocheted a toy for PennGirl last night, a little fairy doll. PennBoy asked if I could make him a Pokemon toy. Sure. so we look up patterns. He wants Blastoise. I find pattern.

In Norwegian. :p

(Actually today I found another pattern and a translation of the Norwegian one. Still, boy, wish he could ask for something easier.)

Wow, I thought aran socks was :cool:!
(Have you tried Ravelry.com for a pattern in English?)


:D

I am so glad that I have been getting two days workout on the punching bag at the gym the last few weeks. I have moved up from doing 4 1 minute rounds with a minute rest between, to 2 minutes on, 2 off, 4 on, 1 off, 4 on, 2 off, 2 on, 2 off, 2 on. I feel like a beast when I am finished too :D

Judging by your piccies, you are a beast, TGP. :devil:

OK, back to the kittens :fallingasleeponmyfeetemoticon:
 
Wow, I thought aran socks was :cool:!
(Have you tried Ravelry.com for a pattern in English?)

I think one of the few things I've never made is socks. :) I did find a pattern on Ravelry when I did some more searching, and someone else was kind enough to send me that link as well. I've started on another pokemon, Electrode, which luckily is just a round ball, white on top and red on the bottom with a black stripe in between. Easy stuff.

Here's the Norwegian pattern I found: http://amigurumi.blogg.no/1293707378_blastoise__middels.html

Blastoise appears to be a turtle-type creature.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top