VA friends

I think I am back to just talking to myself here. lol. Where did everybody go? Was I not invited to the party?

Hi all,
I too am looking forward to the day it stops raining...

I'm new here and although I'm mostly just here to read, I decided I should say hello.

Because someone will ask; I'm a 41yr old MWM in NOVA.

Hi all,
I too am looking forward to the day it stops raining...

I'm new here and although I'm mostly just here to read, I decided I should say hello.

Because someone will ask; I'm a 41yr old MWM in NOVA.

Welcome honeybadger. Always good to have new people posting.

How was everyone's weekend? I was at Niagara falls for the weekend. Very cool. Seeing the falls up close was awesome.

I'm originally from WNY, retired to the Valley here in Va. last year. Did you get a chance to do the Cave of the Winds tour, or ride the Maid of the Mist?? The Falls is quite breathtaking if you've never seen a huge falls up close. Hope the weather was decent

Finally enjoy some gorgeous weather and appreciate the ladies who still choose to wear summer attire. Some nice views at the grocery yesterday

I'm originally from WNY, retired to the Valley here in Va. last year. Did you get a chance to do the Cave of the Winds tour, or ride the Maid of the Mist?? The Falls is quite breathtaking if you've never seen a huge falls up close. Hope the weather was decent

I did a tour so both places were included along with seeing the whirlpool a few mile downstream. Amazing to stand right next to the falls and see the power of the water going over the edge. They said that they are going to stop the American Falls next year. Build a damn and send all of the water over to the Canadian Falls. They are going to do an erosion study and going to remove some of the big boulders at the bottom of the falls. That would be cool to see.

The weather was great.

Finally enjoy some gorgeous weather and appreciate the ladies who still choose to wear summer attire. Some nice views at the grocery yesterday

Ah sun dresses and short short. I also appreciate the summer attire of the ladies. Of course those tight yoga pants can look quite nice too. :)

Glad you got to see everything. They " damned" it up once before, back in 1969. It was some to see but I was only 13 at the time and didn't really appreciate the scope of the project. But I remember it brought tons of visitors from all over to see it

Glad you got to see everything. They " damned" it up once before, back in 1969. It was some to see but I was only 13 at the time and didn't really appreciate the scope of the project. But I remember it brought tons of visitors from all over to see it

The guide told us that the dam the flow up every 50 years to do the erosion study. Amazing that a dam can be built across those raging waters.

It the US Army Corps of Engineers that did it the last time. They actually build the " cofferdam"( as they call it) about a mile upstream more on the river it self. And only 1/2 way across. Then 95% of the eater goes over the Canadian Falls. There are a few areas that a " trickle " of water flows over the US Falls. At least that's how they did it back in '69.

Back