The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain the shwarma and fatoush and I'll brave some :cathappy:

Fatoush salad is made from several garden vegetables and toasted or fried pieces of pita bread. Our local fellow tosses it in a dressing with sumac, so it has a slight sour taste.

Shwarma is a pita-wrapped sandwich. These are made with shaved spit-roasted chicken and have a garlic sauce.

Here's the sour cream, Bear. :kiss: How are things with you this evening?

It's healthy enough, Anne. Not fanatically so.

Pretty well. I took a nap when I got home so now I'll go pick some fresh string beans to add to the zip-loc in the fridge. In another couple of days we'll have enough for another pile of our favorite Basque Beans. And I'll go see how many nectarines are edible without being over ripe. If there are enough, I'll attempt my first Nectarine Ice Cream recipe or just possibly a nectarine pie. I need to check the fig tree, too and see if the apples are ripe. Pity I don't have room for some chickens . . .

I don't think I've ever heard of a nectarine pie, or any kind of orange/citrus pie, besides lemon.

How much room do you have? Maybe you could throw some chicken wire around the trees and let them peck around those. They're great if you have any bug problems.

I don't think I've ever heard of a nectarine pie, or any kind of orange/citrus pie, besides lemon.

How much room do you have? Maybe you could throw some chicken wire around the trees and let them peck around those. They're great if you have any bug problems.

Oh, we've made kumquat meringue, lime cream and I see no reason why one couldn't make a really decent pie out of oranges but nectarines aren't citrus, they're fuzzless peaches.

Chickens in our house would have to reside in a really stout henhouse. We have a terror-ier.

Oh, we've made kumquat meringue, lime cream and I see no reason why one couldn't make a really decent pie out of oranges but nectarines aren't citrus, they're fuzzless peaches.

Chickens in our house would have to reside in a really stout henhouse. We have a terror-ier.

Oh, I was thinking of those tiny orange-like fruits for some reason,lol. I had ducks and chickens, and terriers,lol, but all they did was chase them around and scare them a bit.

I like key lime pie too.

Sounds like a lovely evening, Bear. I haven't even put tomatoes in the ground yet....it's too cold overnight still. I'll be lucky to have garden produce in August at this rate.

I like key lime pie too.

Sounds like a lovely evening, Bear. I haven't even put tomatoes in the ground yet....it's too cold overnight still. I'll be lucky to have garden produce in August at this rate.

If I lived that far north, I'd absolutely have to have a greenhouse. I couldn't survive otherwise. Hell, the first time HM and I had sex we were in a greenhouse . . . under the planting benches . . . in the Ag department at college!

:D

Evening Naked's....thumb is throbbing....but other than that...I'm good...hope all of you are too :kiss:

I suppose I can call it evening now, despite the light still rampantly shining outside

*wanders in too*

Hiya Wenchie. :kiss: Where ya been, darlin'?

Was dealing with life, liberty and the pursuit of less BS and hate mongering than was flying in Lit a few months ago. So am testing the waters to see if it is OK to wander back.

How have you been?:kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back