Any bridge players out there?

BurningMonkey

TheMan In TheMirror
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Posts
4,861
Fucking and reading and writing take a lot of time, but they don't take up my whole day.

I'd like to find a regular or semi-regular bridge partner or partners at Yahoo bridge or one of the other online bridge sites. Maybe we could even get up a group?

PM me and let's set up a time to meet online for some alternative fun.

UPDATE:

Well, Yahoo has taken down all of their older boardgames and parlor games as of March 31, I've discovered. That includes bridge. They say they're "rewriting" them in newer formats, but no indication of when they'll be posted again or even if bridge will be coming back.

However, there's another site called "Pogo Games" which also has a free online bridge portal, so we aren't dead in the water. You can play as a Guest or register for free. I'm registered, though it's been years since I've been there and I'll have to look up my username. lol.
 
Last edited:
Bump. I'll keep bumping periodically, since I know how easy it is for this to disappear under the deluge of "dirty chat" ads...
 
I always wanted to try Bridge. Never learned how to play. I tried a couple of computer versions of it but just couldn't get the hang of it and gave up.

Here's hoping that you find a competent partner (and my contribution in keeping you above the "dirty chat" ads :)).
 
I played semi-seriously at university, but since then only against the computer. I'd need to remind myself of Blackwood or whatever other conventions are currently in use: how does Yahoo Bridge work?
 
Bump for the afternoon crowd.

DesEsseintes, you go to Pogo and register, and then click on the "room" you want. I think they have several, coded according to the "expertise" of the players allegedly allowed to play there--beginner, intermediate, advanced.

Once in the room, you see several "tables". You can either start a table or join one with an open seat by clicking on it. Or if you have a partner you can sit down with another twosome. It's up to you.

It will then send you to another screen where you see your hand and the opponents sitting around the table. There's a pop-up table for bidding, and such. The interface is pretty intuitive if you've ever played anything online.

That's it. You sit, you play, and when it's over you leave.
 
I used to play quite a lot in college. Still play a bit of OKBridge on my iPad.
 
Back
Top