A nice word to describe a woman who enjoys sex.

Yes - I don't think I've met a woman that didn't enjoy sex - or at least I've never mat a woman who professed not to. Many of them haven't wanted to shag me though, but that's a different story. :)
 
Yes - I don't think I've met a woman that didn't enjoy sex - or at least I've never mat a woman who professed not to. :)

Interesting comment. I think that most women want to enjoy sex. They have the same longing for sexual fulfillment as men do. But for various reasons ranging from cultural biases ("Good girls don't do that.") or physical strictures, they have trouble matching their expectations and needs with their reality.

I've known a lot of women who haven't enjoyed sex, but keep dating in the hopes that the next guy or gal might be The One. Sometimes these women hit the jackpot, and sometimes they don't.

On the bright side, I think more women than ever are enjoying sex, because they're more in tune with their bodies. They are not strangers to masturbation and vibrators, since these have become a part of popular culture (even mentioned casually on hit TV shows). If anything, they're more concerned about not getting off every time than their mothers were about not getting off at all.
 
Well in Spanish for a man they would say cojelon, so you could make that feminine as cojelona probably, but you'd have to clear that with someone more fluent. In English, while women get called slut or whore, men have it worse in the name department because if they get called anything along those lines, it's just a shittily modified version of those like man-whore or he-slut. Really I think you just need to go ahead and invent a word for it to fill that void for men and women alike.

While we're at it, what's the word for a man/woman who does not enjoy sex? And I don't mean they're scared of it like genophobia.
 
Well in Spanish for a man they would say cojelon, so you could make that feminine as cojelona probably, but you'd have to clear that with someone more fluent. In English, while women get called slut or whore, men have it worse in the name department because if they get called anything along those lines, it's just a shittily modified version of those like man-whore or he-slut. Really I think you just need to go ahead and invent a word for it to fill that void for men and women alike.

While we're at it, what's the word for a man/woman who does not enjoy sex? And I don't mean they're scared of it like genophobia.

Even though it doesnt explicity say sex, the words player, playboy, stud, and in some context just saying the word man implies that their penchant for going after and more to the point getting it makes them the better for it.

One of the few remaining advantages to the optional equipment package.
 
Even though it doesnt explicity say sex, the words player, playboy, stud, and in some context just saying the word man implies that their penchant for going after and more to the point getting it makes them the better for it.

One of the few remaining advantages to the optional equipment package.

Hm good point. I concede, although if playboy counts then how about playgirl? But player has thankfully died out for the most part. Hopefully it will stay dead.
 
I think I'd have to agree with some that it isn't really rare for someone to enjoy sex, though both genders experience it in different ways. It's not abnormal for someone to enjoy sex, nor is it abnormal for someone to not enjoy it (I had a friend not too long ago tell me she identified as asexual), but enjoying sex and having sex in abundance are entirely separate things and should be referred to differently. One's a statement on how their body's wired, the other is a description of their behaviour. Admittedly in some cases like genuine nymphomania, the behaviour is a lot harder to control.
Speaking as a man, I think a women's enjoyment of sex should be just as important as my own, but sex shouldn't be an all-consuming focus of any healthy relationship.
 
That reminds me of a joke:
A slut is a woman who will have sex with anyone, a bitch is a woman who will have sex with anyone except me.
 
Yup. My husband pretty regularly calls me his little cumslut, and I don't have a problem with it coming from him.

WINNER!! A woman that likes it when her man calls her a cum slut = HOT!!

I'm assuming we're talking about in privacy. If he's calling you that in public or to his friends, now that's a bit crude IMO.
 
The problem is that for so long women weren't supposed to enjoy sex at all, so any word describing a woman who does enjoy it becomes derogatory by default. I'd rather reform the words already in use and just remove the putative connotations. I happen to like the word "slut" myself. I'd like to see it used more often as a compliment. I'd like to do the same with the word "cocksucker". Cunt anyone?
 
Last edited:
I like passionate. Privately I think sex kitten is a very sweet way of saying it. Initially I liked siren but might not get a great reaction if she knows the mythology behind it... We have a friend who we say is 'affectionate', with a cheeky grin. Only gets the message across with appropriate body language though.

I agree with whoever said most women want to enjoy sex. I think for men and for women to enjoy sex is completely normal, but when women say 'is that all you think about?' I think it is more in reference to a) frequency (obviously sex drives differ but they're still all sex drive), b) also is affected by how they have experienced sex (the brilliant idea that was said that for man having sex=enjoying sex, but not necessarily for women) and c) society. It isn't hard to imagine that lots of women are completely silent about the fact that they like sex.

It does rather disgust me that we don't have a general word though.

r.e. personal situations, it really is a case of seeing what she gets along with and that isn't generalisable. A lot of words which are generally derogatory are ok from a lover, but the only way you can tell what really rubs her up the wrong way is by trying it. 'sweetheart' and 'whore' equally make me want to hit him, but 'fucktoy' and variations of 'slut' are cool. As long as she knows you want to try stuff out (maybe warn her a while before or chat with her) she shouldn't flip out. Dirty talk is dirty talk, you gotta try it and see what works.

I've just always said I am enthusiastic, and in the context of a conversation about sex/relationships they usually get it.
 
Back
Top