Space Rogues {Open PM if interested}

D'om stepped out off the engineering section dressed in his usual Pegasus uniform. Which consisted of a black tshirt, black cargo pants, with a brown leather freighter jacket. His heavy steel toed reinforced mat back boots, trod silently against the decking of the ship. Seeing D'an in a somewhat defensive posture, with a slip of a girl wearing a hood. D'om thought damn girl take off the hood now, Bro will ease up on your ass and we're all good.

Keying the outer bulkhead speaker. ''What we got out there friend or foe? As you see the anti personnel lasers are locked on. Probably been asked to drop the hood right? This is the way it's going go...Rover ship, Rover rules, ride or glide. Or we get full disclosure of what and who the hell you are. You need a way off this this station, odds are someone is after your little ass. D'om was stressed annoyed and in need of a drink. This shit was not what he needed right now. ''You have ten seconds to remove the hood and board or run!''

Peg's main thrusters pre fire as the drive hums to life, the speaker pops and goes quiet. The docking clamps begin to slowly retract, D'an comes aboard whether the girl does or not. D'om walks to the cockpit to sit in his pilot seat, the restraints fasten automatically. A slight vibration and Peg's drives at full song. ''Time to Rock ''N'' Roll Peg! Bring your sexy self about and Jump at will.''
 
Last edited:
Lya

Her nostrils flared as she considered her options. She needed to go and fast. "I will, under one condition. I am a paying customer. Any attempt to use me, sell me, or coerce me will have your brains leaking out your ears. I don't care if your ship kills me after. I'd rather die than return to that life. " her tone was acidic as she pulled iff the hood, her curled dark wine tresses coming into view. Her eyes had been downcast, but she slowly raised them, hazel orbs studying the two before her and then up at the ship.

"I have no intention of harming anyone. I just want to get far from here."
 
D'an found her words curious and then she dropped the hood and looked up at Peg and him, she was Dhatkhelien! A grin split D'an's lips,

"A slave girl, why didn't you just say so. Peg drop those lasers."

The nozzles retracted and the door hissed open, D'an hurried along with Peg,

"Come along Dhatkhelien girl, one who stands against slavery is always welcome."

She was a bit slow to his taste, probably the sudden change of demeanor, he used a hand to guide her inside,

"Peg pay them, bro get us going."

He turned to the Dhatkhelien girl,

"This is Peg, our ship's avatar, you will meet my brother and Grax in a few moments, but first we have some business to attend to."

He hurried to the bridge, dumping the suit along the way, slipping into the gunner seat with a huge grin,

"Oh the pirate is going to be fucking furious bro!"

His seat slid into position, a schematic of the pirate ship in the left corner of his 360 degree view,

"Hit the comm system Peg."

He cleared his throat as Peg's system overode their own,

"Attention captain dickhead, you are an ass and we are about to ram a steel rod up into you."

Captain LaMont's face appeared,

"You silly listen weasel, did that laser not convince you that I am superior?"

D'an grinned,

"No, it just convinced me that you deserved my revenge. Bro if you would be so kind and let captain LaMont's ship release from the dock."

As D'om hit the button which over rode the clamps and released the ship, the bug also started a countdown to self destruct. LaMont's face was hillarious to behold, D'an leaned forward,

"That was for fucking with us."

Of course the LaCroix overrode the bug easily, it reacted like D'an had expected, it fired thrusters and brought weapons to bear on them.

"So sad that your shields are not working."

An angry shriek filled the cabin, it sounded like the ship and it's captain realized their problem. D'an grinned evilly,

"Special delivery!"

He fired once...twice, the first round slammed into the main bulkhead and the second delivered nanites right into the AI's "brains", a loud squeal followed as the nanites rushed to kill it's victim

"And that LaCroix was for trying to rape our beloved Peg. Eat skizz! Bro hit it."

He flicked off his console and the seat returned to it's original position,

"And that is how you teach a pirate a lesson."

He held up his hand for a high-five
 
Lya

Her relief was a palpable thing, and she nearly sagged against the bulkhead. As he ushered her inside the ship, she realized why she hadn't heard "whispers" from the female. She was an avatar. They didn't project thought in an organic way, not in a way she understood.

She nodded to the avatar in greeting and followed the man to the bridge, watching curiously. Her lips twitched as they upturned slightly at the ends. A ship of pranksters. She couldn't help but chuckle as her arms crossed over her chest.
 
PEG

Peg was standing next to Lya as the ship pulled away from the Spacedock facility 34004. There was a nice view of the station on the command displays. You could even see the damaged pirate ship floating next to it … as they got further away.

“I love Tortuga … it always stimulates my sub-routines! Plus look at my port side” peg changed the command screens to show off the port side repair job. “… it is as good as new!! I feel sexier already” Peg said to Lya. Who looked at her in an odd way.

“I’m Peg … the ship’s AI … please let me know all your requirements and I will try to provide them. For example I can synthesize many of your home world … food dishes. It won’t taste exactly like the stuff your mother made … but pretty close.” Peg explained.

D’an had to jump in “Peg … Your synthesize beer tastes like Yak piss! And that reminds me … you used Triggerfish ‘Ocean Potion’ to distract the pirates … are you crazy! I would sell D’om to the pirates to get that back. Right bro?

D’om nodded back “right”

D’an continued “Peg … Do you know how rare that stuff is??”

Peg looked over to D’an “It has one of the smallest, most limited-production breweries in the galaxy … I estimate the chance of us running across more cases of that vintage as 1 in 12,605 over a ten year span … that is assuming their present production rate does not increase.”

D’an continued “so now you understand what I’m talking about!”

Peg smiles “Based upon the alloys in my hulk, my life span is ~10,000 earth years and that is with just basic repairs … if you two ever paid from service life extension overhaul … I’d last much longer. So actually the chance of me acquiring more beer is actually quite high!”

“Shall I jump into hyper-space?” Peg asked the two brothers not waiting for their next comment about the beer. She got a nod from both of them and the ship surged forward. “Next stop Axarna's moon” She announced.

Peg leaned over to lya and whispered “I need to talk to in private when you get a chance” She smiled and winked. Then she asked in her normal voice to D’an and D’om “Shall I change out of this particular disguise?”

Meanwhile back at the Spacedock facility 34004

Captain black eye Phillipe LaMont was so pissed he could not see straight, literally. He had run into a bulkhead on the Bloodthirsty Princess. The ship’s original name was Nebulus-class B frigate 154. Captain LaMont changed the name to Bloodthirsty Princess after he acquired it. This was something neither D’an or D’om knew. Captain LaMont had recently captured this ship and expanded his personal fleet of space ships to three. He had transferred his command to this ship and ordered it to depart at once. This was not an easy thing to accomplish as the Bloodthirsty Princess still required a fuel load and additional supplies. But within 1 hour of the Pegasus leaving the Spacedock facility the Bloodthirsty Princess was leaving in hot pursuit. Captain LaMont was at the helm himself with medical healing pad over the large bump on his head where he had run into the bulkhead.

“I’m going to KILL BOTH OF THEM!!!” He shrieked
 
Lya

Lya chuckled as the ship's AI spoke to her, and smiled in spite of herself. "I don't require much, and I am not sure what my mother cooked, or what foods come from my world. I was only 2 solar cycles when I left it." She looked sad a moment, then shook her head from her reverie. "A place to freshen up and wash my clothes might be nice. Hypersonic vibrations only do so much "

She watched as the darkness around them grew, letting out the breath she didn't even know she was holding. Live to flee another day. When apeg asked to talk to her privately, she glanced over at her. "Perhaps you can show me to my bunk. I can't remember the last time I slept somewhere that wasn't a floor."
 
D'om raised his hand to receive the high five, nodding to Peg's question to jump as she clearly wanted to. The stars blur into white streaks of light in the view screen. The beer was expensive but a tech returned it, Peg's beer finding brings a grin to D'om's lips. D'om gives the Dhatkhelien girl a friendly grin and a wave, a new addition to the Pegasus crew he thought hopefully.

''Peg we'd be long dead and buried before then. My calculations say if Dan stops whining, he'd find it in the forward cargo bay.

D'om taps a few spots on the console, a image opens on the Vid screen of FCB, beer is right there in plain sight.

Welcome aboard a Rover ship of misadventures and shenanigans, I'm D'om and this ugly buggers my bro D'an. The lil green guy here's our buddy Grax he's shy around strangers, you've met our lovely Peg anything you need just ask her.''

D'om runs a jumps space scanner sweep, another ships in warp far behind them.

''SKIZ!'' Bro we have a heavy in jump space far behind us..it's matching our course and speed. Peg! Does that damned black eyed pirate have other ships? If so it's definitely him!''
 
Last edited:
Lya

"I am Lyaandra. You can call me Lya." She said with a shy smile to the brothers and to Peg. "I really don't require much, like I said. I am pretty self-sufficient and I don't really want for anything I can't get myself. I do apologize if I was a bit of a skizz head back there. I am too used to people trying to capture and sell me the minute my head comes into view. It makes a girl defensive. I used to dye my hair, but it got to be too expensive to upkeep, so I just wear the hood to cover up."

She shifted her feet. For some reason she wanted these people to like her. Maybe it was because they were the first friendly types she had met since she left the consuls compound on Favra 6. They hadn't tried to sell her, or capture her, or rape her. That was a win in her book.

Her cloak rsutled in an almost crunchy, dry manner and she looked down. When was the last time she washed her clothes? Or rags really, since that was what they had been reduced to since she ran away. Her panelled skirt was little more than a loin cloth that brushed her upper thighs, and her top was cropped to just below her breasts and threadbare. It was another reason she wore the cloak. Her boots were ill-fitting, too big due to having stolen them off someone's pile when they had been bathing.

Her hair was her vanity. She attempted to keep the thick curls clean as well she could. She braided her hair often, and either hung it over her shoulder to her waist or it hung back just below her pert bottom, like a thick cord.
 
Jesi

Jesi had been casually drinking her beer at the bar while watching the card game and keeping her ears opens to what the men around her were letting slip out of their slightly inebriated mouths. These were the kind of men she liked, idiots that she could relieve of their coins without them having a clue. As she watched the card game, she wondered if she should help the girl out. But on second thought it might be more interesting to see how it played out.

Just then two of the crew from the pirate, Black eye Phillip strolled into the bar. They ordered some stiff drinks, Jesi smiled to herself as she eased her body closer to them, so that they were within range of her implanted ear amplifier. She still casually watched the card game, as the two men downed three hard liquor drinks in quick succession. Suddenly Jesi's attention was caught as one man said;

"Did you hear about the cargo?...it must be something really valuable if the ol Black Eye wants it so bad."

The other man leaned over and hissed, "Shut-up you waste of skin! Nobody's supposed to know about that, so shut your big yap!" He looked around suspiciously, adding, "We'd better get back to the ship before we're missed." They both slid off the bar stools making their way out, followed discretely by Jesi. As soon as she left the bar, she scanned for anyone near, all she saw was the two crew men walking unsteadily back towards the hanger where their ship was docked. She smiled as she quickly caught up with them. Swaying her hips and winking Jesi propositioned the men,

"Hi boys, do you want to have some fun?" She had opened her zipper enough to show them her ample cleavage. That was enough to stop them both in their tracks the smaller one replied, "Oh yeah Honey I sure do!" She crooked her finger at them as she moved behind some large packing crates. They followed her drooling and licking their lips, one was already unzipping his pants.

Before they knew what had hit them, and make no mistake she did hit them, they both slumped on the ground. Jesi had them bound and gagged in no time, but not before taking the smaller one's uniform for herself. She activated the devise that was implanted in her wrist that enabled her to change her appearance to the person in front of her (through holographic magic). Namely the stupid crew member she had just taken the uniform from. They would be out for 12 hours giving her plenty of time to get on board the ship and gather any relevant information about the cargo.

Once on board the Bloodthirsty Princess all hell broke loose as Jesi realized that Black eye Phillip had been hoodwinked by a couple of good ol boys. She tried not to laugh out loud as the crew made ready to go after the Rover ship. As she made herself look busy, she thought to herself, 'Hot Dang, I think I'm onto something big.....I'll just have to be ready when the opportunity comes up.' Meantime she planted a few blast charges in the appropriate places on the ship. Not so much as to kill anyone, but more like to disable the ship.

Afterwards, Jesi continued to gather as much information on the "Cargo" as she could, and that sadly wasn't much. But at the same time she really couldn't help being amused at the Captain with his patched head shrieking,

“I’m going to KILL BOTH OF THEM!!!”

"I think I am going to enjoy watching this drama play itself out. she idly wondered who would survive.... O'l Black Eye here or his quarry!"
 
Last edited:
Peg

Peg did a quick analysis on the ship following them.

“The ship appears to be a Nebulus-class B frigate … but it is not squawking on its military channels. So might have suffered some damage to its transmitters … or it’s been depoted and some civilian owns it now. I have no records on Black eye … possessing a vessel like this.

Ship will not be able to catch us while in hyper-space. However if we drop out into real space … we will have 53 mins before they will be joining us. The ship is older with a weak shield system. But it does have more laser cannons than myself. On the positive side …I’m way better looking … without all those big guns poking out all over the place. The ship is almost without computer assistance, a very primitive AI. I’m not going to ask it on a date … I’m talking “caveman” like intelligence.

Bottomline … in a fair fight …and with proper leadership from you two … I calculate we can take this ship out … but I might get a few dents and scratches.” Peg said completing her analysis.

“My avatar will be taking Lya to her quarters” Peg said changing the subject.

With that, Peg led Lya off the bridge of the ship and back towards the private quarters. She pointed out the mess hall saying “D’an and D’om almost never use the place … they prefer to drip fat and grease all over my consoles! But it is fully equiped and you can even fashion 3-D objects such as new clothing if you wish in here”

Then she passed the reading/entertainment/holo-deck saying “you can call up any kind of hunk you like here … and never need to worry about getting pregnant!” Then she whispered "if you like the big muscle type ... try subroutine labeled "arnold" ... that is my favorite!"

finally they arrived at Lya's quarters. Peg stopped and turned to Lya looking into her eyes “Lya … it is my job to protect D’an and D’om. I have done a computer search on you … and found very little data. I must tell you … that is a red flag. I did find some information on a “bounty” matching your description for cheating and stealing. D’an and D’om rap sheets are much more colorful … you should really break a few more laws … I mean have some pride! For goodness sakes!!

Please don't try anything to hurt D'an or D'om ... i'll be watching.


Lastly, I enjoy simulating my sensory inputs … your mind powers ... enthrall me ... i would like to know more about them! But that can wait until later ... please enjoy the shower” Peg said and smiled and walk back towards the ship’s bridge.
 
Lya

Lya opened her mouth to respond that she had no interest or intention to hurt the two brothers, but Peg had already walked away. She leaned against the bulkhead as ahe thought about Peg's words. Should she tell them? She had never trusted anyone with her story. She was too afraid they'd turn her in for the bounty, for murder, or they'd kill her outright. She could act tough and pretend she didn't care but the truth was she wanted a home and friends and family as much as any person in the galaxy.

Rubbing her arms she entered her quarters and reached behind and under her cloak to unstrap her blades, resting them on the bed. She wanted nothing more than that shower, but first she needed to fashion some new clothes.

Moving to the mess hall, she called up the possible clothes selections, and settled on a scoop-necked dress of simple design in deep green, and some underwear. She wouldn't attempt boots, wanting to buy some herself rather than try to guess at her size, but she did fashion some matching slippers while she was on the ship. Once her clothes hwere done, she hurried back to her room, shed her clothes, avoiding looking at herself in the mirror. She didn't want to see her scars again.

The shower was a small compartment, but she didn't care. The minute actual water came out of the head, she alloqed herself a sigh of contentment, her knees nearly buckling at the feel of finally getting clean. She took pleasure in the water running down her body, and allowed her mind to project her feelings as a sort of thank you to the others on the ship.

She resisted the almost automatic urge to run her fingers down her body as she had been taught when her master used to watch her. No one was watching her. She didn't want to be watched anymore. It made her feel ashamed especially with her scars. Instead, she ran her fingers through her hair, washing it, tossing her head back and letting out soft sighs of pleasure.

Once she was done she brought her clothesinto the bath to wash them, then hung them up to dry, setting the towel that had been in her room beneath them to catch the drips. She slipped on the clothes and slippers, which looked like ballet flats, and let her damp hair air dry as she moved back to the mess hall. She was hungry.

Going through the selections she programmed some potato spup and some bread for her meal, as well as some passion fruit juice. Taking her bounty to the table, she sat and began to eat. And think.
 
''Pleased to meet you Lysaandra...ok Lya it'll be then..enjoy your stay aboard the pegasus''

D'om taps a button on the arm of the pilots seat, the restraints retract back into up into it. Standing up he steps from the cockpit, placing his hands on the upper bulkhead. Listening to Peg visualizing the maneuvers required, a slow grin forming at her last few comments. As she changed the subject quickly he tapped the private com link, pushing his cap up by the bill with a fingertip.

''Thanks for the information and analysis Peg...run a recent decommissioned ship check? Bet it was purchased by the Argosean Ship Company...Argos ''Piggy'' Zairenarkazi owns it. We know by experience the magic he can do with registration docs. Aww a few dents and scratches only adds character you know. Yeah you can remove that gods awful disguise.. I prefer your blue skin and midnight blue hair anyway Peg.''

D'om lowers his hand from the upper bulkhead, lowering his other hand from his cap. Both hands get pushed into his pockets, walking to the Galley Grax scampers after him. He leaps on D'om's back, wrapping long webbed arms around his neck. Big orange eyes with x shaped green pupils, a big toothy expectant expression upon his face.

''Grax hungers bossmans wants BDCs befores tricks on's means Blacks eyes pirates!''

D'om looks at Grax expression chuckling, reaches to ruffle a comb of feathers on his head. Grax trills from this like some tropical bird, being he's a reptile on an evolutionary path to avian. His scaley skin a mottled pistachio green, with fine feathers around the neck. Along the arm webbing, down the back and a three foot feathered tail.

''Alright already...you could have just asked without jumping on my back little buddy. Want cheese fries with that too?'' Grax nods quickly at the question he's asked. ''Buts lots mores funs jumpings on yous...yeahs ands Ios beans juices withs it's toos!

Reaching the food replicator D'om taps in BDC+CC+IOBJ, food materializes he removes the tray. Grax leaps from his back into chair, D'om places the tray on the galley table.

''Do not make a mess...or you'll get Peg after your green ass!'' "Grax wont's bes messes. Likes Pegs shes gives belly rubs and pets and candies.'' ''Lucky alien aren't you huh...''

D'om shakes his head grinning walking back to the replicator, has a taste for Chili Cheese Nachos and Rootbeer taps in CCN+RB. As expected the food materializes, his glance to D'an still in the cockpit gunner chair.

''Bro while I'm at it can I get you something? I tweaked the replicator program added your favorites. You'll be pleasantly pleased with the results, not as much as the guns but close enough.''
 
Last edited:
Lya

As her belly began to fill, and she had to force herself to eat slowly, instead of acting like a starving child, she began to relax, letting her muscles un-clench. She began to feel sleepy and swayed in her seat. When was the last time she had allowed herself to relax?

As she sat she tried to "listen" to the others on the ship. She "heard" what sounded like a happy bird trill mixed with the soft hums of a more child-like mind. That must be Grax they were talking about. She sensed D'om and D'an in the bridge. Their thoughts were vague whispers. She wasn't trying to concentrate on the specifics, but she wondered what they thought of her. Peg was altogether different. She didn't get actual "whispers" of thoughts. It was more like an awareness, a constant presence. She would like to explore it with her avatar, though. It would be a definite extension of her abilities.

She didn't let herself concentrate too much on it, though. She was too tired. The lack of sleep over the past 7 years, constantly being aware, more like quick naps than actual sleep. She wondered if she'd be able to sleep now.

Her body made the decision for her as she swayed in her seat. Struggling to stay awake, she picked up her trash to go in the waste disposal unit, and slowly made her way to her room... or what she thought was her room. It didn't much matter as she opened the door and lay herself on the nearest soft surface. Drawing the pillow to her head, she curled her body in on itself and was fast asleep. It didn't dawn on her that she may be in someone else's room, since she was not lying on her blades.
 
He was busy checking on their weaponry system, he frowned, of course the tweaks was the skizz, but for some strange reason their ammunition was lower.

"I'll take that Earth cheeseburger, fries and make sure the onions are fried this time."

He checked capacity of the storage cells and leaned back,

"Bro we have a problem, we will have to rearm very soon if we are going to face off with that ass. Your adjustments have forgotten about the extra juice they'll be drawing."

He rubbed his hands over his face and got up, as he entered the galley he noticed that Lya sat to one side, seemingly lost in thought. He walked over to where his brother stood and leaned against the counter,

"After taking out the LaCroix, which was his main ship, I believe we can survive the next alteration. But we will then be basically weaponless, I didn't think about it until I went over the weapon system right now. We are replenishing the storage cells, but the weapons draw a massive amount of energy. It's like having a projectile weapon, you can kill anything with it, but you only have two bullets and you get a new bullet every six hours."

He ran a hand through his hair,

"You did good bro, I love the new weapon system, but we will have to look at that storage cell problem."

He took the burger from D'om and sniffed,

"Smells about right. See you in seven hours, gonna snack and hit the sack."

He headed out of the galley towards his cabin, the door opened and he sat down to take a bite of the burger, for once it tasted like the real thing. He wolfed it down along with the fries, licking his lips he went over to his bunk and stopped short, there was somebody in it! He stepped closer, thankfully it wasn't Peg, but it was Lya. Not that she was bad-looking and all, but he needed rest. So he poked her, gently of course,

"Hey...hey Lya..."

There was no reaction, so he shook her shoulder,

"HEY!! Lya!"

Still no reaction, so he took things a step further, shaking her by both shoulders,

"LYA!!!"

Still no reaction. Well he'd be damned if some strange woman was going to keep him from his sleep. So without further preamble he took off his clothes, slipping into his sleeping clothes, which consisted of something like the Earthern equavalant of a boxer. He slipped into the bed next to the basically comatose Lya and almost instantly fell asleep
 
Last edited:
Lya

Hours later.....

She was wonderfully warm, against a solid warmth that felt oddly comforting. She let out a soft sound and tucked her head into a crook in this warmth's upper area. Her arms wrapped around a solid middle.

Her dreams were ones of safety and warmth. She was back on Dehtkelien, and a man held her. He was safe. He was her apa, her father. It was one of her earliest memories. He was rocking her. She was in his lap, but now she was an adult, and he was hugging her, letting her know that she was alright. She didn't need to run anymore. Her mother appeared in her mind, her ama. Her smile spoke volumes of how sorry she was for Lya's suffering. Her elderam appeared, also smiling sadly.

"You come from a long line of healers, little one. Your great elderam, myself, and your ama. We were all healers. You have the gift. You just need to foster it. But first you must heal yourself. " She felt the warmth of her family's love across the span of the Great Divide, as they receded from her mind's eye. She reached for them, holding her hand out, begging them not to go.

"No, don't go..." she mumbled as she stirred. She woke with a start as she realized her body was practically draped over someone else's. She began to send a psionic push (nudging him from sleep) but stopped herself as her surroundings came into view. She wasn't in her room! She took in the personal effects and scooted herself against the wall and pushed her legs to her chest. "Oh my goodness! I am so sorry! " she said to D'an as he stared at her blearily.

She was embarrassed. She had liked sleeping against him, against a man who had no desire to force himself on her. She flushed. "D'an, I am sorry. I didn't mean to invade your space. I haven't shared a bed in so long, and you didn't pose a threat, so I didn't attack you. I must have been so tired I mistook your room for mine. I'm a door or two down. I will go." She felt mortified as she moved to scramble off the bed.
 
Last edited:
D'an

There was a nudge, he was having the most wonderful dream about a gun, a young woman and enough beer...then a nudge, but it wasn't on his skin, that would have waked him immediately, instead it was in...his mind? He opened his eyes and looked around, still befuddled from sleep. He noticed Lya sitting almost squashed against the wall, he shook his head to clear his thoughts, catching only:

"...invade your space..."

Another shake of his head

"...you didn't pose a threat, so I didn't attack you. I must have been so tired I mistook your room for mine. I'm a door or two down. I will go."

He held up a hand,

"Whoa now..."

He yawned, hiding it behind the same hand and plopped down back on to his bed,

"Ease up there, you did nothing rash apart from waking me up."

He peeked at his watch, still three hours left, he looked at her,

"If you wish to go, feel free to do so because you want to not because you are feeling like an intruder. Otherwise... I had this very nice dream... and I guess you being here helped."

He frowned slightly,

"Come to think about it, it was a weird dream. Guns, a girl and beer..."

Then he chuckled,

"Not really my heart's desire, but close."

He settled back into a more comfortable position,

"If it's all the same to you..."

He trailed off as sleep claimed his tired mind once more.
 
Lya

She tilted her head at his dream, but smiled weakly as he mentioned her being there helped. To be honest, him being near her also helped her sleep. She moved slowly, as if ready to bolt the minute he shifted, and lay down beside him. She was still tired, and she wasn't so sure she wanted to be alone. She settled in beside him, taking in his warmth as she slept soundly once again.

She dreamed this time of stars, laughter. .. Her laughter, and a man. He was behind her so she had no idea who he was. But she didn't feel scared. He held her, kissed below her ear, and swayed with her to some music as he held her. It was like no other dream she ever had. It was pleasant. The only unpleasant part was being unable to turn her face to see him, as if he wanted to keep the mystery longer, teasing her with it...
 
Last edited:
''I'll fix the weapons system power supply Bro...just takes some time to think calculations through. It was a black market upgrade the Skizz for brains failed to mention that key fact about power. Good burger isn't Bro? You know I want you to have the best of everything.. just wait till I tweak the replicator program for beer and other alcoholic beverages''.

D'om was pissed and depressed about the black market upgrade, didn't fix the power supply problem. As he sat with his arms crossed scowling about it, solutions turning over in his head like puzzle pieces. Calculations whizzing around, followed by lines of computer code, physics problems were playthings. If something was done wrong it grated his last nerve, the only thing that bothers him more was missing it to begin with.

To say the least D'om was a true genius, but along with it quirks most females couldn't stand. It was the main reason for the alterations he'd used on Peg, an unbound free thinking intelligent woman. He could toss mind numbingly complex theories of her, like one mind linked come back with equally complex rebuttals. Sure D'om could be happy with normal common sense girls, but only for a week was to utmost limit for this happening.

For the most part Peg was his only prime number girl, was it normal to love your ships AI avatar? Well nobody could judge yes or no about this. D'om's thinking was what his twin had said once. ''If you are happy Bro that's all that's important to me got it?'' So that's exactly the way D'om saw it from then on out, he didn't think twice about it after that and it had been years ago. He was as pleased as punch it's one of his favorite retro sayings.
 
Last edited:
D'om and Peg

Peg was back to her own blue self. It had only taken 10 minutes to remove the disguising material. She could have done it faster, but did not want to damage it. So she had taken her time. Then she walked back up to the bridge and found D’om and Grax. Peg already knew D’an had eaten and went to his room the same room Lya had entered. Peg could have prevented the mishap … but she had calculated that the risk to D’an was low. Peg of coarse could watch what was happening in all the bedrooms … but in an agreement between the three of them (I won’t hack your feeds … if you don’t hack mine) Peg had been instructed not to observe what was happening in the bedrooms. The agreement also went to the brother’s private logs and computer support areas. She did maintain a few sensors in all the rooms (breathable atmosphere, temp, etc) but she did not observe within the rooms.

She slipped into the co-pilot seat next to D’om. She was quickly joined by Grax. Peg started to rub his belly and pulled out some candies from her blue body hugging outfit.

“Grax thinks … Pegs rubs the best …AHHHH” the green alien moaned.

Peg turned to D’om “I have two possible solutions to the weapon power problem … if you want to hear them” Peg offered.

D’om huffed “Nope … Not really” A little bit of depression in his voice

Peg smiled “D’om it is ok … it happens to every organic sentient being. They make mistakes sometimes. It is part of why you are so creative. Many AI don’t understand how organic intelligence can make mistakes. They think organic intelligence circuits should work almost perfectly every time. But I don’t have a brain … and can’t really understand how one works. I just know organic brains built me … so they must be something really smart. But my algorithms are not nearly as creative as your brain. My circuits don’t allow me to make the same kind of errors as your brain does. That is why you and D’an are the brains behind this operation and I’m the AI helper.”

“Peg also good at belly rubs!” Grax added.

D’om shook his head ... Peg was reading him all wrong again … “Ok telling me ‘bout your ideas?” D’om asked.

“Well … I know you get really excited when I suggest it … but we can cross connect all the life support system into the weapon power grid. That would provide 30% more power.” Peg suggested

“Ok … We are not doing that …Next idea” D’om ordered.

“Ok … remember a while back I downloaded that experimental research on black hole “hawking” radiation. I could generate a small “black hole” in the main engine combustion chamber. The black hole will not last long … but I’ll collect up the virtual particles, both matter and anti-matter … we combine enough of them and BINGO … lots of energy!”

“You want to generate a black hole … in the engines … and then have a matter - anti-matter explosion … in the main combustion chamber … so we can increase the power to the weapons … I got that correct?” D’om asked in a bit of shock

“Yes” Peg stated with no emotions.

“That sounds like a terrible idea!” D’om said.

Peg twisted her head and confirmed “The risk of the explosion getting out of control is only 1.38% … if the experiment paper on the subject did not contain any flaws. It would provide lots of energy!” Peg tried to resell the idea.

“UGH … Peg … we are NOT going to do that … but keep working on more ideas … Thanks” D’om answered her in a more happy tone.

“Why did you say thanks?” Peg asked.

“Your ideas about more power …just put me in a better mood” D’om said happier about his place in the universe.

“You didn’t like my ideas …” Peg asked.

“Not really …” D’om agreed.

Peg was silent for a while making a pouty face. Then her face brightened and she asked “Do you think they are fucking right now?”

“What?” D’om asked at the total change of topic.

“Lya and D’an ... they both went to bed … in the same room” Peg told D’om.
 
D'om narrows his eyes as Peg pouted like a little girl, it was annoying but an AI doing it he felt better. The 1.38% danger probability was acceptable, thankfully D'an was asleep so he couldn't freak the hell out. An experiment in the engineering bay wouldn't be problematic, in fact it was worth a good try at a theory. If it worked it would recharge the power cells, actually it would within just a few minutes time.

''The girl was so tired she almost face planted in her food. And why in the hell do I even need to know that Peg?

D'om sat up on the edge of the Pilot seat, turning Peg's direction and pulls his cap off. He only did it if she asked something like this, quantum space time theory he could deal with his Bro and sex, no way.

I really do need to readjust your old sexual programming...you've insatiable and that's just putting it in as polite terms as possible. Don't you dare go and give me that look...you were actually going to screw Black eyed Phillip!''

D'om desperately wanted to change the subject, this was certainly making him feel uneasy at the least. The Black Hole experiment was sounding better and better, the possibly of being obliterated was a far better alternative.

''OK OK...let do the experiment right now...before you ask if Grax gets a boner from belly rubs! Don't even think about it at all Peg! C'mon the engineering bay is waiting.. we'll have 53 minutes of non warp capability. Then that damned Frigate is right on our collective asses!''
 
Last edited:
D’om and Peg got up … Grax would follow if he was interested. But usually experiments in particle physics did not interest him … basically, because there was no food involved in them.

As they walked to the engineering bay, both of them were quiet. Finally Peg looked over D’om and broke the silence.

“Sorry … about the Lya and D’an question.” Peg apologized. “I don’t like it when you are mad at me …” She added.

“Apology accepted. And I don’t like being mad at you either.” D’om explained.

“I find sensor input interesting … and mating is about sensor input overload. It is so non-linear … it really affect all of my circuits and algorithms. And then the results are unpredictable … organic beings can react in all sorts of ways … it is like chaos theory. The flapping of a butterfly can affect hurricanes 1000 of miles away... My algorithms can not predict the results of mating!” Peg said.

“Love and sex are impossible to predict ... I think you should stick to Relativity Quantum Physics … more understandable.” D’om suggested as the engineering bay door opened.

Peg and D'om entered the large bay ... it was all white with computer panels on the walls and various instruments on the floor. Peg got behind the one of the control console, but did not need to push any buttons being part of the ship’s integrated computer control systems. D’om got behind the main control console and grabbed the control nobs.

D’om smiled “Peg, honey … you generate the small black hole in the ship’s main engine … I’ll scope off the virtual particles”

Peg nodded “Black hole generation process has begun … you may hear a few creaks and pops as the plasma flow is altered” Peg warned. “10% formed … 50% formed …” Peg counted down … there was some popping noises in the engine “80% formed … 100%” Peg announced … there was creaking and popping noise all the time now.

D’om quickly adjusted the magnetic fields and pulled off the Hawking virtual particles. “Got them … like taking candy away from a baby …” D’om grinned. A glass tube descended from the ceiling to about chest level. "Black hole has evaporated"Peg annouced and then she walked over and got a push cart which had a plasma sample container on it. She pushed it under the glass tube. The tube lowered into the sample container. Peg sealed the opening around the glass tube and evacuated the container. Peg walked back to her control console.

“Ready for matter – antimatter experiment number 1” Peg announced

“Ok here goes …” D’om said as he pushed the recombination button. There was an almost immediate explosion and the plasma container shattered into a small shrapnel that sprayed all over the bay. Peg ducked behind her console and so did D’om.

“SKIZZZZZZ” D’om yelled “We released a lot more energy then predicted. What gives!!”

Peg stood back up and looked around her engineering bay “D’om … look what you did to my bay … there are small dents and shrapnel holes everywhere!”

“SKIZZZZZ … I’m a Farwellton Wagtoad!!” D’om said (Note: A Farwellington Wagtoad is a very dumb creature from the Planet Kaios) “No spin parity … with virtual particles … that is why the whole thing went up with a bang. How much energy did we collect?” He asked Peg.

“I’m not going to answer that until you acknowledge the damage to the engineering bay!” Peg stated

“Sorry … we’ll get it fixed … now the energy levels” D’om acknowledged

“1.15 giga-electronvolts … the magnetic containment fielded worked well. I have recalculated the risk of the bigger recombination process to .0428%, based upon normal scaling laws. There was a burst of gamma radiation during the recombination events … so we should not do this too often.”

D’om looked at Peg and commented “Still worried about how Gamma radiation effects your paint job?”

“Yes … and the effect it has on my structural members as well ... i don't want them to sag.” Peg added.

“There you go again … talking about sagging members … Peg you really need to get your mind out of the gutter!” D’om joked. "shall we head back to the bridge?" He asked.

Peg nodded yes ... and pulled a cigar from her pocket. "Congratulations ... not too bad for a sentient organic being!"
 
This time there was no gun, nor beer, there was a girl though, but for the life of him, he just couldn't remember or recognize her, she did feel right in his arms, like he had known her for years, there was joy and genuine laughter. Then his wrist started to vibrate.

D'an came awake with the realization that Lya had not left, not only had she not left, she was snuggled up to his arm, an arm draped casually over him, her hand resting close to his heart, he could feel the soft skin and warmth of her body as she slept. He turned his head to look at her, his wrist vibrating again. He looked at the time, still a few minutes left, but the watch showed that a message waited. He looked down at Lya, it was clear that the poor girl needed the sleep, she must have had a hard time before she got here. He watched her relaxed face, so much prettier than the tense face she wore when awake, he especially liked the soft curves which removed the harsh lines. She looked much younger and so vulnerable, a third vibration made him decide to get up. He gently slipped from the bed, holding her arm and slowly lowering it to the bed, he ran his thumb gently over the back of her hand and in a show of tenderness which he would deny if ever asked about it, he kissed her cheek and softly whispered,

"You are safe now and among friends."

He picked up his discarded clothing, got a new set and headed out of his cabin for a shower and to get ready to store their cargo on a moon.
 
She moaned in her sleep shortly after D'an left the bed, letting in a sharp inhale that woke her. She had sensed the exit from the room even in her deepest sleep.

She reached up to stretch , arching her back as she extended her body in a catlike move. Moving to scoot off the bed, she looked down at herself. She was a bit sleep-wrinkled but not too bad. She fully intended to thank him for letting her sleep with him. It had given her a sense of safety, a sense of belonging. It has the most comfort she had felt since she had been 2 sun cycles old.

Glancing around, she moved to her room, and moved to check on her clothes. They were pretty dry. For the first time in a long time she looked at her reflection, then ran fingers through her hair. As soon as they docked somewhere she was going shopping for some supplies. She needed a hair brush, a wig, some product to keep her curls in control. She also needed some makeup, some body scent, and some parts to make a mock collar. If she was going to help the others she was going to need to make it look like they owned her. She also needed meditation herbs and a censer. And new boots. She needed new boots.

Fixing herself up as best she could, and cleaning up her face, she headed out to mess, looking up the options for a meal. She opted for something called French toast and some strong Napui coffee with milk. The smell of cinnamon sweetness assailed her nostrils and she moaned softly. It smelled so good.

Grabbing the warm plate and mug of sweet coffee, she moved to a seat, glancing occasionally in the direction of the bridge and then looking down at her plate. She wondered if Peg could give her some information. Walking over to the console for the food system, she tilted her head at the screen.

"Um... I don't know if you can hear me, though to be honest you seem sort of omnipresent. I was wondering if you could possibly help me with some research, Peg? I need to find out about Dahtkelien traditions and meditation techniques." Her request was quietly spoken. She felt like a fool for not knowing her people's traditions, but she now finally had time and a place where she could actually look it up without someone being suspicious.

Moving back to the table, she began to eat.
 
Peg at the mess hall

“Hello Lya … I hope your sleep was restful” Peg said trying to hint at … Lya and D’an had been doing more than sleeping. Peg was a bit of a snoop … when it came to people on board the Pegasus (herself).

“My data file on Dahtkelien traditions and meditation techniques is not very extensive. Let me answer you last question first. There are three primary Dahtkelien meditation techniques: The first is fairly easy and can be practices by novice and advanced Dahtkelien alike: It is called achieving the state of “Ackbar”. This is where you place your mind in an increasing state of calmness and physical relaxation. You allow your mental sensing abilities to “free wheel” putting no controls on it … but you also do not focus on it. You are to just “ignore” any input from your mental sensing abilities. I think the best illustration I can come up with … is watch D’an ignore me when I talk to him ship logistic needs. … “Its ... yes honey … whatever you say honey … Ok honey … but actually I don’t think he hears one word I tell him. You need to do the same thing with your mental sensing. Think like a “Naxinian slug traders” ignore everything. Achieving a state of “Ackbar” daily can greatly to improve your psychological balance, your ability to cope with illness, and enhance your overall health and well-being.

The second level is called of meditation is called “Bakbar”. Again you start by placing your mind in an increased state of calmness and physical relaxation. With that in place you begin to alter any sounds you hear. If you hear a person walking by … you’ll alter that sound ... change it to a bird singing perhaps. Basically you are using your mental sensing abilities on yourself. Altering the way you think. This is a kind of biofeedback loop on sounds you hear. As you do this … you’ll gain the ability to mentally probe your own mind. Soon the sound alteration will not be required and you will probe some of the deeper states of your mind while practicing “Bakbar”. Caution done too soon … and you can enter a self-induced coma.

The third level and the most advanced level is called “Cakbar”. Again you start by placing your mind in an increased state of calmness and physical relaxation. While in this state … you will send out psychological probes … within your own body. You can control any cellular activity you like … but typically Dahtkeliens choose cell repair functions. With their mind they accelerate the healing of a cut for example. This ability can touch other areas … such as digestion, blood flow, release of certain hormones, fertilization, etc. Once you master this … you can also control other creature’s cellular activities. Kind of cool … don’t you think?” Peg observed “You can give a man an erection … by directly talking to his penis! Or the opposite ... if you have a headache that night!

There is more … you can also stop blood flow to a creature’s brain … i.e. you can think it to death. This is of course against the law … and “Cakbar” masters are banned on 11.3% of the worlds within the A.O.P.W. the Alliance Of Peaceful Worlds.

There are a few more meditation states that can be achieved … some require the use of drugs … and one involving the mental probing of a certain kind of plant.” Peg concluded.

“On you first question what specific Dahtkelien traditions were you interested in?” Peg asked.

Meanwhile on the bridge

“D’om can I ask you another question.” Peg asked.

“What now?” D’om answered.

“I have completed analysis on our recent 53 problems and challenges … this includes things like being stopped by law enforcement, lacking funds to pay for fuel, stowaways, and our recent encounter with Captain black eye Phillipe LaMont”

“And what’s your question ... Peggy?” D’om asked.

“In 98% of these encounters our initial plan was flawed or derailed within minutes … however through quick thinking by D'an or you ... and lots of luck ... we come through successfully. I greatly enjoy both you and D’an ability to think quickly on your feet … but don’t you think we could improve on our initial planning efforts?” Peg asked.

D’om laughed “Where is the fun in that?”

This answer left Peg in a continous “do loop” until an automatic shutdown algorithm kicked in. She finally answered with “I see your point … ignore my original question”.

D’an approached the bridge and saw D’om smoking a cigar, laughing at Peg’s last question … and Peg running engine diagnostics to improve efficiencies in plasma control. Peg turned as he entered the bridge.

“Arrival at Axarna's moon in 5 mins” Peg informed him and then she asked, snooping again “I hope … you had a pleasant rest with no interuptions”
 
Last edited:
Lya

Lya smiled as she looked around at the ship, due to the lack of present avatar. "I slept very well, thank you. Though if you are curious about what happens behind closed doors you should ask. I can choose not to answer, but in this case I can guarantee you there was nothing but sleep. I haven't done more than doze for the better part of 7 solar cycles... years I think you call them. I was always in danger, always hyperaware, always running. This was the first solid amount of sleep I've had in a very long time. D'an was kind enough to let me sleep when he found me." That she had felt like she was safe from all harm while she shared his bed was something she left unsaid. She didn't know what to make of it yet and she was not interested in seeing more into the situation than was present. It had been sleep and that was all.

She looked down at her food, then took a sip of her coffee. "And just so you know I haven't been intimate with a male of any species since I ran away 7 years ago." She looked down, embarrassed, her cheeks darkening with a flush. Her voice was quiet, but she was sure Peg could hear her. "Not that I think any male would even want that with me after seeing my scars, but even if he did, I wouldn't want to hurt anyone, least of all D'an and D'om. And even if I wanted to do... that... I don't think I'd even know how to do it without causing some kind of brain hemorrhage."

Biting her lip, she ran her fingers through her hair. "That's why I wanted to learn the meditation techniques. I want to learn to control.... my abilities. I know how to listen, how to plant suggestions, and even how to knock out, or kill someone with the power of my conscious thought... though that was completely by accident and purely self-defense." She sounded defensive. It had been self-defense. Tchi'lek had both shocked and hurt her.

She listened to the meditation techniques, shuddering lightly at the Cakbar. It sounded too much like what she had done to Tchi'lek, albeit by accident. Concentrating on the last question, she tilted her head. "Stories, clothing, food? I'm sure I can do some research myself, if you are too busy, I just need access to the appropriate intergalactic databanks, perhaps information from anthropological studies of my planet? I just want to learn more about where I come from, what I am supposed to be eating, or how I am supposed to dress, at least culturally. I have never accessed this information. It wasn't allowed, then it was impossible to stay in one place long enough to really delve into the information. I appreciate any help."
 
Back
Top