The Treehouse-The welcome mat is out.

We all have our own version of bucket lists. (Thing to do in our lifetime) Whether they are formalized, just a few random stray thoughts, complete lists or just a stray idea.
If all the constraints were removed (time, money, etc) what one item on your bucket list would you do first

I'm working on my #1 item right now. I decided a couple years ago at 36 that if I never started learning guitar it just wasn't going to happen. All constraints removed, I'd be able to make it a serious study instead of a hobby. Without more practice time and lessons, I've sort of plateaued as a player. I'm not terrible, not great, just an OK rythym player.

We all have our own version of bucket lists. (Thing to do in our lifetime) Whether they are formalized, just a few random stray thoughts, complete lists or just a stray idea.
If all the constraints were removed (time, money, etc) what one item on your bucket list would you do first

I would go to either of the MotoGP Races in Japan or Australia.

I'm working on my #1 item right now. I decided a couple years ago at 36 that if I never started learning guitar it just wasn't going to happen. All constraints removed, I'd be able to make it a serious study instead of a hobby. Without more practice time and lessons, I've sort of plateaued as a player. I'm not terrible, not great, just an OK rythym player.

Nice! I think learning new things is amazing. I love the guitar. :)

Go to the World Cup final. Or a British Lions (Rugby) tour.

I would go to either of the MotoGP Races in Japan or Australia.

Are tickets for these sportsball events crazy expensive or just hard to get or both?

MotoGP for Japan usually sells out in a matter of minutes, Australia can take a couple of days, but that is due to the vast differences in the layout for the Venues. For me it isn't just about the race, it is about the different aspects of the fans compared to fans here in the States. Plus there is the time being spent in a foreign country!

MotoGP for Japan usually sells out in a matter of minutes, Australia can take a couple of days, but that is due to the vast differences in the layout for the Venues. For me it isn't just about the race, it is about the different aspects of the fans compared to fans here in the States. Plus there is the time being spent in a foreign country!

That's super cool. See, I don't know anything about any kind of sportey things like that really but I can now appreciate the challenge in getting to go!

Do? Well there's this girl I know here...;):cool::D

I don’t know. How sad is that?? I want to do something else with my life. I want to make a difference, like start a scholarship fund, or change educational policy somehow...I just don’t know how to get started. But I guess I’d try to take the first steps in that direction.

I’ve always wanted to do DWB. Provide care and medicine to those who have nothing. And don’t substitute lavender oil for being vaccinated.

I don’t know. How sad is that?? I want to do something else with my life. I want to make a difference, like start a scholarship fund, or change educational policy somehow...I just don’t know how to get started. But I guess I’d try to take the first steps in that direction.

I don't know whether you have a local elected school board where you live. But if so you should really consider running for it and using what you know to implement change.

I used to SCUBA dive. A lot. Various circumstances have made that impossible. I'd like to take a year and dive the world with my favorite dive buddy. (She's my favorite cuddle buddy, so that will make for enjoyable beach time afterwards).

I’d learn to fly an airplane.
What’s stopping you? Which part?

Do? Well there's this girl I know here...;):cool::D
I said what... not who. That would be a different question because people aren’t objects and I said what one item...

Can you start a coalition of teachers? Maybe band together across states to lobby for legislation that would benefit youbor yoir students?
Or start an after school program to focus on things dearctonyour heart that aren’t covered by current curriculum?

It's always nice to such a bustling treehouse. :D
It really is . :)
I’ve always wanted to do DWB. Provide care and medicine to those who have nothing. And don’t substitute lavender oil for being vaccinated.
I suspect you’d be amazing at that.
Also there’s nothing wrong with lavender oil... it’s very soothing AFTER your vaccinations :D

I don't know whether you have a local elected school board where you live. But if so you should really consider running for it and using what you know to implement change.
Good advice!!!
I used to SCUBA dive. A lot. Various circumstances have made that impossible. I'd like to take a year and dive the world with my favorite dive buddy. (She's my favorite cuddle buddy, so that will make for enjoyable beach time afterwards).
I miss diving too. I don’t think I can anymore due to my asthma but traveling the world for a year doing snorkeling etc is also one of my top things to do. I have someone in mind too!

First? I'd do him.
See my response above to Tnman

I'd do a six month photo safari in Africa. The animals are becoming extinct. I want to get there before they're all gone.

I thought this was a bucket list, not a Christmas list? ;) People aren't objects, but I think of bucket lists as experiences and not things anyway. Some of the best experiences I can think of involve the person that is with me, the places we go, and the things we do. There's plenty of other experiences I would like to do for myself, too, like get my Master's degree, but it's not my first choice.

Alright alright fine you can all do each other all you want.

Night

What’s stopping you? Which part?

Money and time.

It costs a lot to get a pilots' license, and even though we could probably afford it, it would be a COMPLETELY self-indulgent thing to spend money on. Time, too; I feel like I don't have the right to take myself away from my family responsibilities just to indulge a dream.

It'd be different if I had some sort of reason for it, but I can't pretend it's anything but an idle wish.

Nice! I think learning new things is amazing. I love the guitar. :)
Are tickets for these sportsball events crazy expensive or just hard to get or both?
The World Cup final is the joint biggest one off sporting match (soccer) in the world with the Champions League final. I've been to a champions league final in 2008. Tickets for a World Cup final are more exorbitantly priced and harder to get.

The Lions tour once every 4 years to one of Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. It just costs a small fortune.

So, today is the anniversary of my eldest brother's death. This day, and his birthday, I get an unshakable melancholy. It has been 23 years. He's been gone for longer than he was here. For almost 2/3rds of my life. Yet it still effects me, constantly, bit more so on those two specified days. He was my male role model. He was my father figure. He was my friend.

So that creates today's question of the day.

Is there a day(s) of the year where you feel melancholy or more introspective? Is there a discernable cause?

Last edited:
So, today is the anniversary of my eldest brother's death. This day, and his birthday, I get an unshakable melancholy. It has been 23 years. He's been gone for longer than he was here. For almost 2/3rds of my life. Yet it still effects me, constantly, bit more so on those two specified days. He was my male role model. He was my father figure. He was my friend.

Is there a day(s) of the year where you feel melancholy or more introspective? Is there a discernible cause?

HUGS I don't care what anyone says, you're getting a big hug.

The stretch between my Mother's birthday, and the day I found her after she committed suicide. It is a couple week spread, and if I don't keep myself extremely busy, can find myself at extreme lows.

My heart goes out to you, Tolyk. :heart:

There's not a specific day, but I feel more depressed during the winter/holiday months. Maybe part of it is missing those that are no longer with us and part of it is that it's intended to be a time of family, togetherness and warmth - and I usually feel the opposite - alone, distant and cold. I tend to focus on what I don't have, what I can't have, and what I want to have - instead of being thankful for what I do have.
Thanks gorgeous, I appreciate it. I understand the melancholy holidays. I completely get it. Only holiday that fills me with joy is Halloween, and it's not even a holiday.
HUGS I don't care what anyone says, you're getting a big hug.

The stretch between my Mother's birthday, and the day I found her after she committed suicide. It is a couple week spread, and if I don't keep myself extremely busy, can find myself at extreme lows.

Thanks, and some right back to you *hugs*

Is there a day(s) of the year where you feel melancholy or more introspective? Is there a discernable cause?

Yes, the day I miscarried my twins and the day my grandmother died.
The same date though not the same day. Several years apart.

It’s in November. I get really dark for a couple days.

Tol, I know today is hard. *huge hugs*
I can’t fix it but I love you.

:heart:

Good morning everyone I hope that everyone slept well and that you all have fun and busy and exciting day is planned today.

It is nearly Halloween. This is one of my very favorite holidays, do you celebrate? Do you think it’s silly and/or for kids or do you embrace it? if so what are your holiday traditions? do you dress up? Do you give out candy? Do you get a lot of trick-or-treaters? If you were going to throw the coolest Halloween party what would that look like? Answer as many or as few of these as you’d like

Back