Thank you for your support, looking for some feedback

My Two Cents

It'd be better if you just focus on a single story. People plopping their entire submission list on the Feedback forum scares away even the most eager critics.

Start with a short story submission that could see some improvement.
 
Know your audience

From the end of the initial post in this thread:
As long as the feedback is there I'll continue to write, but the pleasure derived is not so much in the stories themselves but in your reactions.

So once again, thank you for the support and I hope you have enjoyed the offerings to date.

Feel free to PM me if you want a more intimate conversation. I promise to reply to any messages with a semblance of educated conversation.

First, I'd suggest that you need to take pleasure in the writing itself, because saying that you'll continue to write as long as there's feedback and that you derive the greater pleasure from reader reactions sounds more needy than selfless.

Second, it seems that you are addressing the people who have been reading, rating, and commenting on your stories. It's actually not very likely that those are the same people on this forum. I don't think I have ever offered a critique here on any story or for any author I was following on the site. These days, I generally come to the forum without visiting the Stories page, and I think that's true for many of the people who offer story critiques on this forum. That being the case, most folks here won't have a feeling one way or another about which direction they want the story to go.

Finally: I'm sure you're a nice fellow, but the last sentence quoted above sounds a bit pompous, like you're inviting your readers to contact you and that you'll deign to reply to all except the imbeciles among them.

Finally, finally: My feeling on which stories to develop is that you should work on the ones that are calling out to you and that seem the most fun to work on. That will show in the writing. All else being equal, you might poll the people who are following your current series in the comments following your story. They'll probably be the first to check out any new stories you post.
 
Back
Top