Doom Ic

DeathsKnight

Harmless Teddybear
Joined
May 22, 2008
Posts
8,620
Year 2876

Greg Sanders was stretched out in his bunk, it had been a furious week, the week-end usually was the time they had to relax and try to recuperate some of the heavy tolls that they asked of their bodies during the week. You would think that as technical support he would not have to go through the same rigorous work that the other had to endure, but each part of the team had to stay in the same peak and also had to do the same amount of work and same level of shooting ability that the rest of the team had. He had his eyes closed, not asleep, not awake, just...dozing.

He had been recruited into the United Space Marines Tactical Assault Squad (USMTAS) two months ago, learned that once you come to the USMTAS you're demoted from any rank you had to Grunt, you have to work your way to Private, Corporal, Sergeant and Staff-Sergeant. There was no higher ranks as no USMTAS ever lasted longer than twelve years. Lieutenant Franklin Devans and Captain Steve Jones was only in those ranks as they were promoted into them. Oh and just as an afterthought Private, the only way you're getting promoted is Battlefield Promotion. Greg smirked at the thought. Not that it mattered, at least he was not a Grunt anymore.

"Team Foxtrot, Team Foxtrot report for duty. This is not a drill, I repeat this is not a drill."

The voice did not even finish when Greg was on his feet, by the time it had finished, his boots was on his feet. Seconds later he was pounding down the hallway, his team mates close on his heels. The voice over the PA system had been that of Staff-Sargeant Duke Lewins, he was tough as nails, a bit of a loose cannon, but always got his job done. They entered the indoor parade ground for team Foxtrot, codename Wolves. Staff Lewins was waiting already, hand behind his back, even at ease his bulk seemed ready to beat anything into submission.

Greg came to a halt and snapped to attention, next to him three more of their squad came to a halt and behind him the other four. Greg knew that Lewins had been keeping count of how many seconds had passed and that the dress would tell him how quickly they had assembled.

"Rollins, Solomon, Denvers! You are naked!"

Naked meant without weapon, even if you carried a stick you would not be seen as naked, yet the three of them had showed up without weapons of any kind. Greg suppressed a sigh, that meant more drilling for them today, when they were supposed to rest. But then again showing up naked, three out of eight made them tactically much weaker than they should have been.

"We'll discuss this little incident later. Right now we have a mission."

Everybody broke their stiff stance to glance at each other, when the Wolves gets called in, it's not for the feint of heart and usually even fewer people survived in the Wolves due to the nature of their missions. This would be Greg's first mission and he could feel the rest wonder if he was ready for this.

"In twenty minutes we will head for Lunar Seven, from there we will jump to Sattari Z-776. There is an outpost which have reported a significant discovery in Biologicals found on the planet. We are to go there, find out why we have lost contact and get back in time for dinner...MOVE OUT!"

That was the briefing, that was all they needed to know. The dispersion was quick as every single one of them knew where to go, get suited up and grab your gear. It took all of ten minutes for the Wolves to assemble on the flight deck, of course Staff Lewins was already there, the first to arrive was Greg and the last was Sargeant Laura Brannings.

"Alright ladies, this one is quick clean and by the book, I don't need to babysit any of you. We go in, we get the intel and we get out. We are not there to clean up any mess, we are there for data only."

The transport ship came in to land, the ramp extended,

"Saddle up!"

Greg moved with the group, he got into his designated seat, secured his rifle in it's mount and buckled himself him. All around him the others did the same, it took a few seconds to get everybody in, the ramp closed up behind them as Staff Lewins took his seat close to the cockpit. A lurch and the ship started to rise, a faint popping sound was heard as it accelerated through the sound barrier and then the humming of the gravity generator kicked in as they left the atmosphere. A good natured chattering filled the cabin, the only people not talking was Greg and Staff Lewins. Lewins was busy going through a report, Greg was the youngest and newest to the group, he had nothing to say.

Hyperdrive kicked in and when it disengaged, the moon was in full view on Greg's side of the windows. It drew in close fast, they headed for an elevated area, Greg could clearly see the base

moonbase_03.jpg


They circled it and came to a hovering stop half a kilometer from the dimensional gate. The craft lowered down into a hanger and Greg shifted slightly in his seat. A soft bump and they were down. Green light. Greg pulled his weapon from the mount, the LED display powered up.

"Welcome Spartan."

All down the middle positioned seats the weapons powered up.

"Welcome Snake."

"Welcome Rock."

"Welcome Cowboy."

"Welcome Sting."

"Welcome Kid."

"Welcome Hermes."

"Welcome Rose."

A soft curse and the sergeant started to hammer at the display, the voice squealed in protest.

"Welcome Dante."

Staff rose and grabbed his own rifle,

"Welcome Duke."

The ramp opened and the squad moved out, as Greg was the last one in the row, he was the first one out. He looked around at the technicians, then the double doors opened, four people came towards them. Three men and one woman, and from the looks of her, he did not really think that she would be up here on a moon base, rather down on Earth, wearing designer clothing for a living, but he kept his thoughts to himself, as those usually were the things that got him into trouble in the first place.
 
Last edited:
Sandra Evert

(OOC: Wolfgirl, I'd say you'd have to look at the DOOM OOC first.)

It had been quite a rush, but here she was. On moon base X7. This morning she was still looking out on the city scape of New York, now, barely six hours later she was on the moon.

"Doctor Evert, I am glad that you have agreed to come, I am quite sure that your expertise would be most useful."

Those where the words which actually welcomed her onto the flight. She was lured onto the craft with a document. A dossier so to speak of biological findings, findings that would not only make her work easier, but also save the lives of countless of people. She was hoping to get more material or more information, but the only thing she was told that she had to go with a group which have been assembled to go to the outpost on a distant planet.

And here she stood in a hanger, looking at a group of men who looked like they were going to go to that station and kill anything on sight. She caught one of the soldiers staring at her, then quickly look away. She wondered if there was anything wrong, she almost touched her hair, but realized that soldiers usually had this kind of reaction around women. She smiled to herself and listened to the three doctors making their statements. The following words caught her off guard and she gaped,

"Staff Lewins, Doctor Evert will accompany you on this mission. She has to extract vital data for us, which only somebody with her vast biological knowledge can find and extract."

What? They didn't say anything about that on the way here!
 
Greg could see the woman's expression, she did not know about this as well.

"Absolutely not."

Staff's voice was firm,

"We're not taking a non-combatant into a place we know nothing about."

Professor Goldstein stepped forward,

"Well you are taking her with you Lewins, she goes or your team gets kicked out of the USMTAC. We are the guys paying your wages and making sure you have the best weapons available for your missions. Who else did you think would be in charge? The USP of course."

Greg frowned, the United Space Program?

"We brought the USMTAC into being, because we encountered situations out in space which was best left to men with guns. So Lewins, you will take Doctor Evans with you."

Staff looked ready to explode, but he got control of himself and with a grumble turned from the group to face the Wolves,

"Seems we have no choice."

Greg stepped forward,

"Sir I'll take guard duty, I am the newest in the group, I doubt it would bother me that much."

Lewins nodded at him, looked at the group and they all seemed a bit relieved, he turned back to Goldstein.

"Alright, we'll take her along."
 
She had gotten swept up in all of this way too fast,

"Wait...don't I have a say in this?"

Goldstein glanced at her,

"No. You're under contract with USP. We did not bring all the way here to look pretty."

She sighed,

"At least I have done some basic training, so I'm sure I can fire a weapon if the need arose."
 
"Oh yeah, give her a gun and she will fix you up after shooting you."

"Psh, wannabe soldier."

Greg looked over at the others,

"Shut up. At least she is offering some help."

Of course her being under his protection for the trip only started when they started the trip, but he just thought the comments were out of line and rude towards her. She didn't want this any more than they do, he faced the doctor.

"Don't worry doc, we have enough weapons, if you have to fire a gun it means we're in deep shit."

His words brought snickers from the others, only Staff's glare made them sober up.

"Departure time in ten minutes, shake a leg ladies, I was busy with a melted cheese sandwich, I want to be back before it gets cold."
 
Ten minutes? That wasn't much time! She hurried away to get her field gear ready. She was in way over her head and the soldier who offered to guard her said that he was new to this. All-in-all it looked like the USP wanted her out of the way! But she could also be running ahead of herself, perhaps communication had been lost due to meteor showers, solar flares or a break down of the subspace broadcaster.

She slipped out of her heels and slacks, slipping into her favored cargo pants and boots. She slipped out of the jacket, blouse and bra and slipped into a sportsbra, t-shirt and checked shirt. Pulling her hair into a ponytail and grabbing her field set, she was ready to go. Even that took most of the ten minutes and as she made it to the jump ship, she was three minutes late. The rest of the soldiers was inside and the young soldier was waiting for her outside. He motioned her up the ramp and followed her.
 
Greg Sanders

After downloading tactical maps and data of the facility, Greg secured his PDA and headed for the ship. He waited for the team to board and then waited for the doc. She showed up three minutes late, looking ready for field work. He showed her to a jumpseat and sat down next to her, weapon faced downwards, "No need to strap yourself in. We'll make a short jump to the SST facility, from there we travel to Sattari Z-776."

He leaned back into the hard seat and looked forward, strangely aware of her shampoo, his sister used that shampoo. Not anymore and at times he missed her. Other times he wished that he could get his hands on that fucker. Her fiancee, the reason she wasn't there anymore. He relaxed his grip on his rifle, now wasn't the time, now it was mission time and clear head.
 
She had noticed that Greg looked tense, she wasn't sure if it was her fault or not and before she could question him, the craft lifted up. It was not the luxury transports that she was used to and it took her long moments to come to terms with the swift yet noisy movement. By the time she managed to adjust herself to the new experience and her stomach stopped roiling, they were slowing down again. Was it over that quickly? Looking out of the farthest port hole she could see them descending towards the SST - Sub-Space Transport facility, she almost couldn't believe how quickly they have traveled. She looked at Greg and once more saw that strange look in his eyes, like he was angry, but he wasn't angry with anybody in the transport.
 
Greg Sanders

The transport touched down, the ramp lowered and he got to his feet, motioning Dr Evert to follow his lead. As the ramp touched ground, he walked down, rifle in an easy, yet ready position. The airlock was clear, the entrance stood open and technicians stood ready to escort them into the building. Moments later that was exactly what happened. The inside of the building was Spartan, since it was still mainly a scientific institution, the only seats available was what the staff used in their work. They lived on-site, so the more creature comforts was situated outside of the installation. White tiled floors, monitors and different bells and whistles covered the walls and work stations.

Greg followed Sarge's lead and by default that meant that Dr Evert walked along with him. They entered a huge room, the floor seemed to be made out of some sort of glass, the walls and ceiling of a strange reflective surface. A voice sounded over an intercom, "Welcome to SST, prepare to transport in three...two...one..."

Suddenly the floor lit up with a purple light. This was a first for Greg, he had never used the SST, yet he kept himself composed, he did look around as the glare increased, becoming stronger and stronger, a white noise started to build up along with the light and the moment the light became almost too sharp to handle, the noise reached a peak and held for a few seconds before everything went black. When Greg's vision returned, he found that they were in the SST room no more. He looked around in wonder, they were in a white room, two blue stripes ran horizontal along the walls, the ceiling fixtures was flickering rapidly every twenty seconds, but burned steadily in between. The rest of the room was empty.

"Mount up."

They all readied their weapons, Greg looked over at the Doctor and nodded her to walk in front of him as he brought up the rear.
 
Sandra

She felt slightly cowed as the hard-faced, hard-eyed Marines went into their battle-mode and moved out of the transport. She met Greg's eyes and saw that the earlier anger had left them and that he was now as she saw him the first time.

They entered the structure and after a few moments were transported through the cosmos to a distant planet. As she was still busy orientating herself, she found that Greg was looking at her. At first she wanted to feel self-conscious, but instead realized that he was motioning for her to follow the retreating backs of the other Marines.

She fell into line, very conscious that Greg was behind her. Was he checking her out while he was back there? She could feel a slight blush creeping over her neck as she thought about the possibility and then her mind started to move on to more important things, like how silent the base was.
 
Greg Sanders

They met nobody, not even bots on their silent trek. The only movement coming from the lights as they flickered every now and then as they moved along. The Security cubicle was empty, as was the waiting room, the door to the transport room was locked though. The shuttle which should take them further into the structure, could be seen through the small port on the door.

"Sanders you're up."

He moved forward, slinging his weapon over one shoulder to free up his hands. He typed in all the access and override codes that had been given to him, but with no success.

"Now THAT is weird."

Without pausing, he slipped an electric screwdriver from his pants' pocket and started to work on the panel. It popped free a few seconds later, he caught it and then used the small LED mounted on the tip to light up the panel's insides. Reaching in, he activated the manual override and the doors started to hiss open. The squad readied weapons as the doors slid open.
 
She could feel her insides clench as the doors slide open and the Marines tensed up. The shuttle bay was dark, only minimal lighting from the emergency lights gave a measure of visibility. She followed when the group moved forward, suddenly the lights flared to life, causing her to gasp in surprise.

Two of the guys chuckled at her, she glanced over her shoulder to see Greg sling his pack back onto his back and give her a slight smile as he readied his rifle.
 
Laura Brannings

Sargeant Laura Brannings was the only female soldier in “Team Foxtrot” of United Space Marines Tactical Assault Squad (USMTAS). To say she had “issues” was like calling USMTAS members glorified meter maids. She was toxic to herself and everyone around her. Headquarters had hoped she would have been killed by now, but somehow she continued to survive every dangerous mission she went on. Headquarters finally ran out of options and assigned her to Staff-Sergeant Duke Lewins Team Foxtrot code named “wolves”. They had secretly hoped that Duke might knock her off in a space “accident”. But that did not happen. In fact, Duke began to respect her abilities and discipline. She was very, very strict about following commands. She had a brilliant mind for tactics. He looked past her “I’m not here to be your friend, asshole” attitude and her total and very sick love of big guns and killing.

Laura was outfitted in the latest combat armor, with 360 motion detection. She carried anti-area detection sensors, mines, clearing explosives, combat knife, two laser pulse hand guns (modified for increased power), and the most powerful weapon the squad possessed a 105 pulsed laser canon. It was a weapon normally carried on an assault vehicle, but she had turned it into a hand held weapon.

She move over next Dr. Sandra Evert and activated her commslink for a one to one conversation. “Don’t fucking jump and gasp at everything or I’ll blow your god damn head off… understand!!” Her voice was full of anger.

Sandra nodded her head, her body shaking in fear.

“Those boys are nervous so they are having some fun with you. Don’t let them get to you.” Laura added, with a small amount of compassion, very small.

Sandra nodded again and keyed her comm system for one to one. “Thanks” she said back to Laura try to build some kind of affinity with the woman.

“Don’t fucking thank me. I FUCKING HATE that” Laura said back in anger. Then the redhead carrying the huge laser canon keyed her comm system so the whole squad could hear her.

“Duke, where are all the fucking people? And why didn’t the override access code work? Something is fucked up here. REALLY FUCKED UP. Recommend, we examine the security logs in the security cubicle back there and report into HQ.” She suggested

Sandra Evert

Sandra had no idea what was wrong with the female soldier but clearly she was completely psycho! She was going to stay as far away from her as possible. She moved closer to Greg her assigned protector.

Sandra did, however, agree with the gun totting female lunatic that some sampling for biologicals might be useful. There was something weird happening and every part of her body was screaming danger.
 
Last edited:
Staff-sergeant Lewins was standing in front of the shuttle, since something was clearly wrong, he had not ordered the squad to move forward yet. Something was nagging at his brain, he was just not certain what it was yet.

"I concur Brannings. Sanders."

Greg nodded, "Aye sir. Come along doc."

Greg trotted back to the security cubicle, the inside were empty and he sat down on the chair, drawing a palmtop with cables from his little bag of tricks, he sorted the proper cords and plugged the palm top in. The holographic display came to life and he hacked into the console. He frowned as he looked at the display, then keyed his comm.

"Sir, the server is either offline or all external access have been severed. I can only read this specific console and it states that a state of emergency were declared one hour before the distress signal had been sent. The security camera only show the guard leaving his post, armed with a shotgun."

There were a few moments of silence, then Lewins replied, "Rodger that, get back here, we have to go further and you need to tell me if this shuttle is operational."

"Rodger that sir, give me five."

He logged out and unplugged his gear, after securing his palmtop, he stepped outside, weapon at the ready. "This is just wrong on so many levels doc."

He gave her an encouraging grin and together they moved back to the shuttle bay. Greg taking point to unlock the sealed door and boarding the shuttle. In the cockpit he quickly ran diagnostics and started the boot-up sequence which brought the shuttle online.

"Well sir, she should take us to the installation, oxygen tanks are full, fusion reactor at optimum and gravitational field running smoothly."

"Good, mount up, daylight's awasting."
 
Sandra Evert

"This is just wrong on so many levels, doc." Greg, her protector, had said. It was a comment that did not inspire confidence. Sandra confidence was dropping fast; she was having trouble standing as her knees felt so weak. But Greg smile helped her and she managed to follow him to the shuttle where he took the pilot position and turned on the vehicle. She sat right behind him. When the engines were running and the lights came on, she started to feel better. Human’s had built amazing tools and it gave her a sense that whatever trouble was out there, humanity had a tool to deal with it.

The shuttle was a glorified subway system, which made traveling through the vast facility fast and efficient. The shuttle was piloted, but stayed within a large metal tub network. The seats in the transport shuttle ran along the sides of the shuttle. Like what was common on some subway systems. A person sitting on the right hand side of the shuttle would be facing the person seated on the left hand side. This was except for the pilot position, which faced forward. The two soldiers, who had played the light trick on her earlier, were seated across from Sandra and were now looking at her. Rollins and Solomon were their names. Both of them looked at her with lusty eyes. Rollins nudged Solomon and then formed a hole with his thumb and fore finger, with his other hand; he stuck out his fore finger alone and shoved it into the hole he created. He thrust into the hole several times. Clearly, his sign language was telling Solomon and Sandra, since she was looking right at him, he wanted to fuck her.

Solomon nudged him back and made the same hole with his one hand, but formed a fist with his other hand. He shoved the fist into the hole. He had to stretch and open the hole to make his fist fit. Then he pointed to his crotch and to Sandra. A huge smile on his face.

Sandra had felt the testosterone in this group when she had first met them. But this was over the top. She was a Doctor with a PHD; she was not a fuck toy. She was about to say something, when Sergeant Brannings voice broke the silence.

Sergeant Laura Brannings

Laura Brannings had taken the last right hand seat in the back of the shuttle. She sprang from her seat and yelled “THERE IS SOMETHING OUT THERE.”

Before anyone could stop her, she smashed the back window of the shuttle out with the barrel of the weapon. She flicked on a powerful light on the top of the laser cannon and peeked into the darkness as the shuttle sped deeper into the structure.

“FUCK LAURA” Rollins gasped from the front of the shuttle, many of the marine now armed. When Laura did not fire any shots, Rollins had to make a comment “UPS is going to be pissed you broke that window. They are going to take it out of your pay!”

“FUCK the United Space Program... I saw something and it was NOT HUMAN!” She said. The shuttle was silent. No one wanted to say she was seeing things. Laura looked over to Duke. “Sorry Staff-Sergeant, but I saw something” She reported with confidence.

Duke was frowning at Laura. “Sergeant, I trust your instincts, you are almost always right. Just don’t let this place get to you.” He said firmly
 
Greg Sanders

Branning's shout and the sound of shattering glass made him look over his shoulder. At her statement he just shook his head, "Exterior sensors shows no biologicals, so perhaps you saw a rogue drone sarge."

A few moments later they came to a halt inside the main complex. As they moved out, the fact that there wasn't any sign of people around was quite disconcerting, the maintenance bots still moved about, seemingly locked into a loop which had them clean the floors. Greg stared at them for a few moments.

"What is it Sanders?"

Greg looked at Staff Lewins, "Sir, those drones should not be out here if there is nothing to clean. Look at them. They are cleaning the floor, but this area is spotless."

He moved closer to one of the knee-high machines and pressed the "HOLD" button under it's visor. The machine came to a halt. Greg studied the machine and something caught his attention, he studied the bristles of the small broom and got to his feet. A few moments later the machine started working again. He studied two of the other machines and then turned to face the group.

"Blood. They have been cleaning up blood."
 
Sandra Evert

“Blood? Let me get a sample” Sandra said as she slipped her bag off her shoulder and made it over to one of the bots. She shut down the machine and took a sample. Placing it into a vile and back into her bag. Greg gave her a funny look as she stood back up.

“No telling who or what thing the blood came from.” Sandra explained to Greg.

“Whatever it came from… there was a lot of it!” Sergeant Laura Brannings added as she looked at the large area the bots had been cleaning.

Staff-Sergeant Duke looked at the three main corridors heading off in three different directions into the very large facility. “Ok, I want teams of two, in combat formation exploring each passageway. By the book, gentlemen and ladies! All other members stay here as a combat reserve. Let make this area our combat/search command post.” He ordered. “Wolf team 1 … north corridor, wolf team 2 east corridors, and wolf team 3 south corridor”

Disciplined USMTAS members broke into small units without a word. Sergeant Laura Brannings was in team 3 and headed south with PFC Harris. PFC Harris was a big burly space marine. He was a combat soldier. He checked his pistol, his frag grenades and his combat knife.

He took a deep breath. He was a space marine. He wasn't afraid of anything. But working with Sergeant Laura Brannings was always trying.

“Serge, I’m ready to go” He reported to her.

“THAT’S NOT A PROPER REPORT” She yelled. “FUCKING DO IT RIGHT NEXT TIME” She yelled.

“Team 3 moving out” She reported to Duke. PFC Harris and she moved out in a leap frog pattern. Someone always had a weapon up and ready to fire and was watching as the other member of the team moved and/or examined something.

It did not take long before; Laura stopped and examined the floor, in front of a sliding door.

“Scratch marks” she said over her commlink. She pressed a button and the door opened. “Fuck!” Laura said as there was blood in this room and even a few body parts like an arm or leg throw about. She also saw an unused shotgun and rocket launcher on the floor. She picked them up and slung the shotgun over her left shoulder and the rocket launcher over her right shoulder.

“Looks like some kind of clawed animal, did this” She concluded. She activated her comlink to Duke and reported “Found more blood… might need Doc to take a sample” She reported.
 
Last edited:
Duke confirmed the report. "Sanders. Take the doc and regroup with Brannings. She has something the doc might want to bag."

Greg nodded, "Yes sir."

Keeping his weapon in a ready position, he headed down the South corridor, making sure that the doctor was right behind him. At the open door, he knelt down and examined the claw marks.

"What the fuck? No way can this be any animal."

He used his hand to measure the distance of the gouges and the depth of the marks.

"Sergeant, whatever did this..."

He looked up to see the carnage in the room, trailing off slightly and then cleared his throat.

"Yeah, it should be able to do that amount of damage if it can place furrows into duracrete like these right here."

He straightened up and used his flashlight to illuminate the corners of the room, the lights flickering sporadically.

"I don't like this Sarge, whatever is going on here, limbs and blood scattered everywhere? I don't like this at all."
 
Sergeant Laura Brannings

Sergeant Laura Brannings looked over to Sanders. She respected him. He knew his stuff, performed well under pressure, applied the correct tactics and thought well on his feet. In short, he was an excellent marine. Some of the others on the squad were more talk, and acted tough, but in actual combat were pretty worthless. Rollins and Solomon were in that category. Nevertheless, if there was one thing Sanders was lacking, he was not ruthless enough. Volunteering to escort Dr. Evert was just one example. Laura felt it was her job as the Sergeant to instruct Sanders and Harris on the correct attitude to have in this situation.

"I don't like this Sarge, whatever is going on here, limbs and blood scattered everywhere? I don't like this at all." Sanders had said

“Sanders, Harris, let me tell you two something. I don’t like this fucking situation either! Whatever did this to these people was a brutal, savage monster. But we… will be WORSE. We are going to rip and tear to shreds this monster. UNDERSTAND. I want you two to get ready to FUCK this savage creature up its asshole until its fucking head explodes. GOT IT!!” Laura yelled to Sanders and Harris.

Both marines gave her affirmative head shakes.

Sandra Evert

She almost puked as she looked into the room with the body parts and blood everywhere. “Gruesome” was the only word that fit the situation. As she collected samples, she heard the motivational speech the female Sergeant gave. She started to understand this had become a very dangerous mission. Their lives were on the line.

She finished collecting blood samples and pressed her analyzer button. The small screen displayed the results. “Sarge, Greg, the blood is human. However, there is a small trace of an unknown chemical sequence in it. I would not call it DNA, like in our genes, but something similar to that. We might be dealing with some other kind of life form” Sandra explained.

Sergeant Laura Brannings

Laura keyed her commlink.

“Duke, the Doc reports there might be an alien life form down here. We found claw marks and room full of body parts and blood.” Sergeant Laura Brannings reported.

Wolf Team 2 East Corridor

PFC Rollins and PFC Solomon made up Wolf Team 2. But instead of following the correct leap frog pattern both of them were wandering down the east corridor like it was a Sunday afternoon stroll.

“I think Dr. Evert has been working with computers and zeno-bugs so long she forgot what cock feeling like.” Rollins commented.

“You know it!” Solomon answered, urging his buddy on.

“I think we should tie up Dr. Evert, spread eagle and naked. Then have the squad take turns with her. It would do her a lot of good!” Rollins suggested.

“Sergeant Brannings, Sanders, Harris, and Duke would never go for that” Solomon pointed out.

“Bullshit, if we tell Sergeant Brannings she could fuck the Doc with her laser cannon, she’d go for it. She probably squeeze the trigger when she orgasmed and would blow the Doc's head off” Rollins added laughing.

“Rollins, you are one, sick fuck. That is why I like you.” Solomon said back.

The two stopped talking as they came across a section of the corridor which had been torn open like an aluminum can. The lighting in this section of the facility was out. The two looked around with their helmet mounted lights. Then they heard a crunching sound behind them and both of them spun around to see what it was. They saw nothing behind them.
 
Sergeant Laura Brannings

“Sanders, Harris, let me tell you two something. I don’t like this fucking situation either! Whatever did this to these people was a brutal, savage monster. But we… will be WORSE. We are going to rip and tear to shreds this monster. UNDERSTAND. I want you two to get ready to FUCK this savage creature up its asshole until its fucking head explodes. GOT IT!!” Laura yelled to Sanders and Harris.

Both marines gave her affirmative head shakes.

Sanders knew that voicing his opinion would get them one of the signature Brannings pep talks, even if it was just to make you laugh instead of take it seriously. The problem with Brannings, in Greg's eyes were that she always had this tough veneer going and wanted nobody to see that under all that armor and snarky talk, she were just a normal person. But since she did her job a bit too well, he never called her on that bluff.

Sandra Evert

She finished collecting blood samples and pressed her analyzer button. The small screen displayed the results. “Sarge, Greg, the blood is human. However, there is a small trace of an unknown chemical sequence in it. I would not call it DNA, like in our genes, but something similar to that. We might be dealing with some other kind of life form” Sandra explained.

"Other kind of life form?"

Greg made his way over to the doctor and looked over her shoulder at the analyzer screen.

"That is weird, I have seen those chemicals somewhere before."

He slipped his weapon to his shoulder and retrieved his palm top, he quickly connected to Sandra's Analyzer and transferred the data, at the same time setting up a search pattern, the data came up a few moments later.

"Biological experiments with ancient lifeforms found on Earth. They all had this mucus-like film on the body and their blood acted like an organic acid. The excessive resin secretions, are produced by chemical processes involving strong acids and organic compounds."

Greg tapped on the screen and with a frustrated sigh, closed the device and tucked it into his pack, swinging the rifle back into position. "That is all data that is available, the rest is top secret and you need the right access codes to get it."

He shook his head, "But the question remains, if this is the same creatures, how the hell did they get here?"

Sergeant Laura Brannings

Laura keyed her commlink.

“Duke, the Doc reports there might be an alien life form down here. We found claw marks and room full of body parts and blood.” Sergeant Laura Brannings reported.

"Roger that, remain in that position, we will reassemble at your position. Wolves, get those positioning gear fired up and head pull back. We have hostiles, I repeat we have hostiles."

Wolf Team 2 East Corridor

PFC Rollins and PFC Solomon made up Wolf Team 2. But instead of following the correct leap frog pattern both of them were wandering down the east corridor like it was a Sunday afternoon stroll.

“I think Dr. Evert has been working with computers and zeno-bugs so long she forgot what cock feeling like.” Rollins commented.

“You know it!” Solomon answered, urging his buddy on.

“I think we should tie up Dr. Evert, spread eagle and naked. Then have the squad take turns with her. It would do her a lot of good!” Rollins suggested.

“Sergeant Brannings, Sanders, Harris, and Duke would never go for that” Solomon pointed out.

“Bullshit, if we tell Sergeant Brannings she could fuck the Doc with her laser cannon, she’d go for it. She probably squeeze the trigger when she orgasmed and would blow the Doc's head off” Rollins added laughing.

“Rollins, you are one, sick fuck. That is why I like you.” Solomon said back.

The two stopped talking as they came across a section of the corridor which had been torn open like an aluminum can. The lighting in this section of the facility was out. The two looked around with their helmet mounted lights. Then they heard a crunching sound behind them and both of them spun around to see what it was. They saw nothing behind them.

Rollins and Solomon were just about to answer the command from Duke when Rollins gave a startled gasp. Solomon looked at him and froze in his tracks when he saw the tip of a spear-like head protruding from Rollins' chest. Rollins had a shocked look on his dead face. The last act Solomon did was to look up and scream as a creature of teeth and claws descended on him from the ceiling.
 
Sergeant Laura Brannings Team

Sergeant Laura Brannings looked over to Sanders. “Wow, you are out Doc’ing the Doc.” She said. “So we a t-rex down here with us?” She asked Dr. Evert.

“I’m not sure we can say that yet. But Greg is right, now that I look at it. These trace elements are very similar to ancient lifeforms. My expertise is in zeno-life forms or non-earth life forms. But I studied all forms when I worked on my master’s thesis. I wonder why United Space Program wanted me along on this trip?” Sandra asked more to herself.

“Bait” Sergeant Laura Brannings suggested.

“What! I don’t think so. I’m one of the leading scientists in the Zeno field” Sandra protested, and then she realized the Sergeant was joking. “Ok, very funny. Let me answer Greg’s question. Forming these tracer elements takes millions of years in a special environment. No way, two worlds would produce the same tracer elements. Someone brought this creature here from earth, only possible explanation.”

PFC Harris interrupted Dr Evert “Serge, we have incoming, my motion detectors just lite up.”

“Defensive positions everyone!” Sergeant Brannings ordered. Everyone got into position and Sergeant Branning pulled out her huge laser cannon.

“I don’t have a weapon” Sandra whispered to Greg as she crouched next to him.
 
Last edited:
Greg was covering the East door, there wasn't any other entrance on this side, the South was a secured wall as was the North. That left only the East and West entrance. He glanced at Sandra as she mentioned not having a weapon,

"Like I stated doc, the moment you need a weapon, we're fucked. We're not in trouble yet, just stay close so that I know where you are."

There were three blips, moving towards their position in a direct line, definitely not Sarge Lewins as they would move in standard formation. The blips came to a halt just before they would enter the West entrance. Greg was ready to turn and give supporting fire, but he kept his weapon trained on the East entrance. Without warning the three blips started moving again, fast.

The green blips of the other Wolves showed up on the monitor and Greg gave a soft exhalation. Whatever those three blips was, he had the feeling that they have just had a narrow escape with death.
 
Duke and the rest of the unit showed and took up defensive positions. This allowed Greg, Laura, and Sandra to show Duke the evidence they had recovered.

“Fuck” Duke moaned in disgust. “The assholes were playing around with dinosaur genes!” The leader Team Foxtrot looked at the room filled with body parts and blood.

“One more thing, when you were approaching this location, the sensors detected 3 things moving toward us. Your arrival seemed to have scared them off.” Greg reported. Duke frowned at this news.

“Call wolf teams 1 and 2 and find out why they are not back here yet” Duke ordered, clearly getting worried.

Everyone headset heard the request for the wolf teams to report. Wolf team one reported back quickly.

“Wolf team 1 ETA is about 1 minute. We are headed down the south corridor now” was their answer.

“Wolf team 2, please report.” Another call was made. There was no answer. The call was repeated. “Wolf team 2, please report.” Still no answer.

Duke keyed his comm-system “Rollins and Solomon stop fucking around REPORT” He ordered. Still no answer. Wolf team one arrived at the new camp as Duke groaned.

Sergeant Branning knew what had to be done next. “I’ll go looking for them, who else can you spare?” She asked Duke. Duke did not answer right away as he was thinking about what to do next.
 
Duke finally signaled for Greg and Denvers to fall in,

"Take Spartan and Hermes. Since Sanders wants to be a babysitter, you go with him doc. We don't have time to look out for you as well."

Greg shifted his rifle and got into position at the door, waiting for the order to move out. He glanced at Sandra and gave her a slight smile, "Don't worry doc, we're not in trouble yet. Just try to look tough and you should be ok."

Looking away the smile fades away as he looks at the scanner on his forearm.

Those three contacts.

Where in hell did they go to?
 
Back
Top