Not sure what to do about this story

PaxNurgle

Literotica Guru
Joined
Apr 28, 2016
Posts
4,896
So this is partly a "Why was my story rejected and what do I do now?" and partly a "Should I resubmit" and also partly a "how to categorize it if I do" question.

The story was about a man falling victim to an online dating scam. Specifially, he responds to a BDSM related ad (dominant female seeks male submissive) which was posted by scammers looking to make a quick buck. The story tells it both from the perspective of the victim (young single male professional) and from the scammers themselves (A Russian couple looking for some extra cash to escape their grim, bleak town.)

There was no underage content (obviously) and nothing too extreme; no bestiality, rape, snuff, or really gross stuff. There was some references to Female domination and fetish activity, which I realize is controversial, but I do know such stories are acceptable provided they are categorized as such. I included a rather mild BDSM scene in the story (featuring the Russian couple acting out a fantasy) but that wasn't too graphic at all. Nonetheless, they rejected it. I'm not quite sure what I did wrong. If it's an obvious fix then I wonder if it is worth re-submitting, that is, if the interest is even there.

And if I do re-submit it, how would you categorize such a story? I would guess under BDSM but even then it's not strictly a BDSM story, rather it is BDSM-related.
 
There should be a reason (often given in the form of a question) for the rejection. I don't remember exactly but I believe you click the rejected icon. I haven't had one rejected in quite a while so I'm not positive on that part. Maybe someone who knows for sure will post.
 
There should be a reason (often given in the form of a question) for the rejection. I don't remember exactly but I believe you click the rejected icon. I haven't had one rejected in quite a while so I'm not positive on that part. Maybe someone who knows for sure will post.

Correct - the rejection reasons are mostly all phrased as questions. Address the questions and edit your story as required. Resubmit.

Category is usually defined by what the story is mostly about - in this case, sounds like BDSM.
 
Back
Top