Men and Women a philosophical nature

~*sunkyssed_kym*~ said:
Green greetings Gi! :kiss:
Being Earth Day, I thought I'd post the following; I hope everyone signs the petition!

Stewardship
We are good to earth, our home, and earth blesses us with good.
We are caregivers of this wondrous planet. In awe of the sapphires of the sky, the emeralds and siennas of the ground, the sunlit horizons at dawn and dusk, we know God is present within our radiant world. With reverence, we are committed to its stewardship.
As residents of earth, we care for its components—the air, the soil, the water. We respect our plant life—the rooted, the floating, the climbing. We wisely use abundant gifts—yields of crops and vegetation, products of minerals. We give thanks for present and future resources of earth as they are discovered, maintained, and utilized with care.
We bless this precious place, for it is also the home of generations to come. We are good to earth, our home, and earth blesses us with good.
“The earth has yielded its increase; God, our God, has blessed us.”—Psalm 67:6

Go GREEN-Pledge to live a one planet life!

kym! ((((((((((GREAT BIG HUGS)))))))))) :kiss: :kiss: :heart: :heart: I miss you. Thanks for the link. I am certain you and your hubby are staying busy other wise we would see more of you here.
Happy Earthday!

Last edited:
sometimes it is not good to act for the greater good, The results are hidden from view and can hurt. I acted and caused horrible pain, it was not my intent but I have wounded somebody. My dream is to nurture and love those around me I know not how it turned to darkness. Violation of self, marred personal ethics. I do not know anymore. Usually my actions end well....I saved someone from suicide not too long ago....others have saved me but I have not heart anymore I cannot see good in myself when I cannot trust my judgement.

Not sure about anything right now....ugly nightmares of turning a gun on myself and a smiling man handing me the gun. Ugliness stains our view, it is hard to control the subconscious. In dream interpretation one would wonder what all this means, what should be asked is who is the smiling man? would it be society eager to be rid of its misfits? Or is it me in a joy of self destruction...the ego in all its glory, duality in its worst. Were it not for the bits of beauty in my life I might follow the smiling mans intent. Lonely nights are tolling it is then that I realize the futility of life at least it seems so in such moments. Ahem...by the way...I do not own a gun :) I will not own one. But I really really want to know who the smiling man is, so I can avoid him.
I wonder if that is my past? If that is the case I need to break from my past to make a clean start.

Gianna :rose:

Gi_Venus said:
Not sure about anything right now....ugly nightmares of turning a gun on myself and a smiling man handing me the gun. Ugliness stains our view, it is hard to control the subconscious. In dream interpretation one would wonder what all this means, what should be asked is who is the smiling man? would it be society eager to be rid of its misfits? Or is it me in a joy of self destruction...the ego in all its glory, duality in its worst. Were it not for the bits of beauty in my life I might follow the smiling mans intent. Lonely nights are tolling it is then that I realize the futility of life at least it seems so in such moments. Ahem...by the way...I do not own a gun :) I will not own one. But I really really want to know who the smiling man is, so I can avoid him.
I wonder if that is my past? If that is the case I need to break from my past to make a clean start.

A friend of mine who does dream interpretation had a less destructive interpretation than mine own. She points out that in dreams all the different things are representations of self....so the smiling man with the gun is for instance....me destroying my old life, beginning anew. It makes sense with all that is going on in my life....to destroy the old me...for I am uniquely a different person finding the need for a new life. Shall I take the dream to its conclusion? Do I have the strength? Here is post that I wrote on another thread "The GLBT Daily Vibe" ...that seems to apply.

Where to go when our fear decides our fate?
Tainting our best intentions, feeding our uncertainty of self.
A vision unresolved beckons, all the universe is on hold.
Until that act is completed, a peg holding the wheel from turning.
What truly will happen when that peg is pulled?
An easing of tension, a righting of what should have been.
An act of inevitable truth as the world turns to a new day.

Last edited:
Reality?

Gi_Venus said:

Dear One,
I have spent the morning reading through a lot of the posts on this thread that you started long ago. It has been very enjoyable- you have brought joy and enlightened thought into another life. That is a good thing.

If I may be so bold as to paraphrase some of your thoughts in the hope that this might help with the current disturbance. Actually, it is only the one thought that I think forms a central part of your belief. That is; "we create our own reality."

What do you want the smiling man to be? Personally, I see him as a friend who, while handing you the means of your physical destruction, smiles because he knows that you have progressed in your journey to a point where you do not need to destroy the physical temple of your being at this time. He is happy that you have grown beyond that.

It is only you who can turn the smiling man into good or evil. It all depends on the direction of your own thoughts and energies.

And again, to be perhaps too bold, but are you not being too scattered in your thoughts lately? I know for me, I must hold to one central "Truth" (Phttttt...). Holding to that, I can venture forth to investigate other things with the knowledge that I can come back to center ground if it gets too shaky. If life is shaky for you now, go to where it is a bit more secure for awhile. Rest in your Truth (Phttt...) a while.

( For what it's worth, my Truth is that we exist and have been created by a power (God) infinitely greater than we can comprehend. This is a good creator and is in fact Love. Pure Love. This creator is in control and I am only along for the ride. We have been given the greatest gift- that of existence! My sole quest is to journey to that center of Love and dwell there. But to do so, I too must become Love. I do not know the way, I have not been there yet. But I travel the road each day, correcting any misguided steps as I go.--- Hey, it's my Truth, I can make it anything I want. Right?

May God bless you and all of mankind with the "knowledge" of LOVE!

yukonnights said:
Dear One,
I have spent the morning reading through a lot of the posts on this thread that you started long ago. It has been very enjoyable- you have brought joy and enlightened thought into another life. That is a good thing.

If I may be so bold as to paraphrase some of your thoughts in the hope that this might help with the current disturbance. Actually, it is only the one thought that I think forms a central part of your belief. That is; "we create our own reality."

What do you want the smiling man to be? Personally, I see him as a friend who, while handing you the means of your physical destruction, smiles because he knows that you have progressed in your journey to a point where you do not need to destroy the physical temple of your being at this time. He is happy that you have grown beyond that.

It is only you who can turn the smiling man into good or evil. It all depends on the direction of your own thoughts and energies.

And again, to be perhaps too bold, but are you not being too scattered in your thoughts lately? I know for me, I must hold to one central "Truth" (Phttttt...). Holding to that, I can venture forth to investigate other things with the knowledge that I can come back to center ground if it gets too shaky. If life is shaky for you now, go to where it is a bit more secure for awhile. Rest in your Truth (Phttt...) a while.

( For what it's worth, my Truth is that we exist and have been created by a power (God) infinitely greater than we can comprehend. This is a good creator and is in fact Love. Pure Love. This creator is in control and I am only along for the ride. We have been given the greatest gift- that of existence! My sole quest is to journey to that center of Love and dwell there. But to do so, I too must become Love. I do not know the way, I have not been there yet. But I travel the road each day, correcting any misguided steps as I go.--- Hey, it's my Truth, I can make it anything I want. Right?

May God bless you and all of mankind with the "knowledge" of LOVE!

Thank you yukonnights*hug*:heart: I do need a rest.....LOL... I have been scattered as I try to find my way into a uncertain future....change has never been easy for me and lately by my own compulsions to find myself(whatever that is) I travel new ground...there is no experience. But it involves dealing with people in a healthier less codependent fashion...in it I must believe in myself and assert my light...that which is positive and bright, something that is new to me as well.
As you can see by my later post that I was recovering from that disturbing dream.
Grin....you are not the first to "paraphrase" my own words to me. But it is true...in the perception of a new reality I find hope and will move through life in a brighter indisputable light.:heart:

The Call of the Empty Spaces

Ahhhh...Gianna.... the beauty
Of your soul...so kind and generous.
You truly are the cosmic reminder
To me that some
Gifts in this life come
Free of strings attached.

What's more you seem
To take genuine pleasure
In that, your ever faithful
Gift to me...I see it and
Wonder why...Me me oh my.
Do I deserve this treasure?

Kind words of support so gentle
Just when it seems I could go
Mental...well more so than I am.
:D I thank you from the bottom
To the top of my :heart:..
Such thank-you's falter from the start.

I take in the sustaining energy
You send my way...I suck it
Into me...like a Mother's Milk...
Like silk draping me inside with
Soft embraces...warm tender
Places in my heart and soul respond.

Again....Thank You....mother....:rose:
I kiss your hand...your cheek...
Hug tight your soul as I can hold it
Close...such ethers...shift & call.
It's the empty spaces that call
And are heard...without a word.

:kiss: :kiss: :rose: :kiss: :kiss:

Inspired by Gianna...Gi_Venus...John Roberts...a True Gift to me from Deity.

Last edited:
Something Old... Something New

Gianna, To paraphrase you again;

I travel new ground...
there is no experience...
in it I must believe...
that which is positive is bright...
something that is new...

To paraphrase another wise one;

A seed must fall to the ground and die before new life can begin....

Hoping you have a blessed day.

poppy1963 said:
Ahhhh...Gianna.... the beauty
Of your soul...so kind and generous.
You truly are the cosmic reminder
To me that some
Gifts in this life come
Free of strings attached.

What's more you seem
To take genuine pleasure
In that, your ever faithful
Gift to me...I see it and
Wonder why...Me me oh my.
Do I deserve this treasure?

Kind words of support so gentle
Just when it seems I could go
Mental...well more so than I am.
:D I thank you from the bottom
To the top of my :heart:..
Such thank-you's falter from the start.

I take in the sustaining energy
You send my way...I suck it
Into me...like a Mother's Milk...
Like silk draping me inside with
Soft embraces...warm tender
Places in my heart and soul respond.

Again....Thank You....mother....:rose:
I kiss your hand...your cheek...
Hug tight your soul as I can hold it
Close...such ethers...shift & call.
It's the empty spaces that call
And are heard...without a word.

Inspired by Gianna...Gi_Venus...John Roberts...a True Gift to me from Deity.

:heart: :heart: Thank you Poppy*HUG* :kiss: such a beautiful gift you give to me... I see your beauty growing more everyday and for you there is always a welcoming heart and arms if ever life seems too much. Warm comfort,warm thoughts bright color to push back the night. We are sisters of light and dark prey to mood and thought. Feelings...ephemeral....changing as a cloud over the sun to reveal the blossom again anew in it's passing.

yukonnights said:
Gianna, To paraphrase you again;

I travel new ground...
there is no experience...
in it I must believe...
that which is positive is bright...
something that is new...

To paraphrase another wise one;

A seed must fall to the ground and die before new life can begin....

Hoping you have a blessed day.

OH thank you yukonnights :kiss: you are much too kind.*smile* I used to use this thread to remind myself of things and where I need to be. also in the hopes that by my introspection others could help themselves. Most of us are unconscious of our journey. Not certain that clarity is all that neccesary unless it is to get around a snag of reality.

It is our focus that brings us to where we want to be. One of my own personal projects is to rule out pettiness from my life.... no matter how I am treated. This causes repeated conflict within myself...but even then when I act without pettiness I feel wonderful about myself. I have the realization that my family will not accept me as the person I am evolving to be.... People will not change if they do not wish too....so it is okay to accept their decisions on how to handle themselves. I will not be angry or even hurt....well not too much. I will be thankful for what is given but my focus is to be on the path of being loving and nurturing to the world...it is my nature. I get excited that I am approaching being strong enough to move as I wish to move as the spirit that I am. When I fail....I will begin again. One of the ways I use for understanding those around me is to use empathy and step outside of my own ego at the same time....this focuses me wholly on them. It is the recognition that everyone walks their own path and that is good.... we should help each other on the way to our varied futures.
Laughing....it is your fault you know....you got me going. :kiss:

Gi_Venus said:
:heart: :heart: Thank you Poppy*HUG* :kiss: such a beautiful gift you give to me... I see your beauty growing more everyday and for you there is always a welcoming heart and arms if ever life seems too much. Warm comfort,warm thoughts bright color to push back the night. We are sisters of light and dark prey to mood and thought. Feelings...ephemeral....changing as a cloud over the sun to reveal the blossom again anew in it's passing.

Gi_Venus said:
OH thank you yukonnights :kiss: you are much too kind.*smile* I used to use this thread to remind myself of things and where I need to be. also in the hopes that by my introspection others could help themselves. Most of us are unconscious of our journey. Not certain that clarity is all that neccesary unless it is to get around a snag of reality.

It is our focus that brings us to where we want to be. One of my own personal projects is to rule out pettiness from my life.... no matter how I am treated. This causes repeated conflict within myself...but even then when I act without pettiness I feel wonderful about myself. I have the realization that my family will not accept me as the person I am evolving to be.... People will not change if they do not wish too....so it is okay to accept their decisions on how to handle themselves. I will not be angry or even hurt....well not too much. I will be thankful for what is given but my focus is to be on the path of being loving and nurturing to the world...it is my nature. I get excited that I am approaching being strong enough to move as I wish to move as the spirit that I am. When I fail....I will begin again. One of the ways I use for understanding those around me is to use empathy and step outside of my own ego at the same time....this focuses me wholly on them. It is the recognition that everyone walks their own path and that is good.... we should help each other on the way to our varied futures.
Laughing....it is your fault you know....you got me going. :kiss:

'ello Gi my old friend!
Although I haven't poted in ages, I have been here to read yours and other's posts. Yeah... I'm a lurker! :p

Gi, I offer this pearl of wisdom;

Disappointment, without anger, is the mark of an old soul.

Not being disappointed, is the mark of a really old soul.

And trusting life so thoroughly that every step on its path is valued more than where it was supposed to take you, is the mark of eternal youth.

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones! ®
www.tut.com

Be well m'dear and trust life!

(((hugs))) and cyber :kiss:es

~*sunkyssed_kym*~ said:
'ello Gi my old friend!
Although I haven't poted in ages, I have been here to read yours and other's posts. Yeah... I'm a lurker! :p

Gi, I offer this pearl of wisdom;

Disappointment, without anger, is the mark of an old soul.

Not being disappointed, is the mark of a really old soul.

And trusting life so thoroughly that every step on its path is valued more than where it was supposed to take you, is the mark of eternal youth.

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones! ®
www.tut.com

Be well m'dear and trust life!

(((hugs))) and cyber :kiss:es

kym! *Big warm hugs* :kiss: :kiss: Lurking have you been? *smile* I take comfort in that. I imagine with spring you and your hubby are busy with nurturing your piece of eden. Love your words......the thought one is good....grin....we all collect things......lets collect the good stuff.
I will have to work on the trusting life part......sigh.

I have moments of serenity in my chaotic environment, it is because I am being more myself reducing my conflicted sense of duality. As I grow I find I have to embrace assetiveness with those around me and know that they will or will not accept me and that is okay. As I approach my lifes changes I do so with trepidation and fear, it is my panic that has kept me from what I need to do to begin with. I cannot blame anyone else....it is my own fear that limits me. Everything is going to be okay, I tell myself. What do I have to lose? Yet still even with the familiar my anxiety rules my life. Sigh.

A rough week, beginning with my blood test. July fourth after the fireworks my therapist tells me I have diabetes. The following day had me working, I wanted to go to a walk in clinic but my car broke down in the rain leaving me crying, and praying. By the time I got home I was a wreck, afraid to eat anything I huddled in on myself unable to sort out things, just overwhelmed. My sister saw I was in a state and took my blood sugar with a finger stick, 254 a fasting reading. She made me eat food which I was terrified of. Diabetes is real to me, my mind filled with images of the past where I worked in the hospital doing finger sticks on uncontrolled diabetics who suffered from amputations, unhealed ulcers, delirium. A horrible state. A patient crying because she was tired of the finger sticks and misery. Blindness, kidney failure all potential horrors to be experienced. A trip to the grocery store brings me to tears, all of the things I love are off limits, some many things adulterated with sugar and corn syrup. My first trip had me coming home with just some steak and knockwursts that did not have sugar. The next trip had me buying some of the complex carbohydrates that are allowed. Still craving the French fries my little boy consumed today as I sat across from him in the restaurant picking at my salad.

(( Gi ))

For what it's worth, my dad said that being diagnosed with diabetes was the best thing that ever happened to him. He's started taking care of himself and has never felt better.

I hope that, despite the rough journey of it, that your experience may be similar.

:rose:

Raidho said:
(( Gi ))

For what it's worth, my dad said that being diagnosed with diabetes was the best thing that ever happened to him. He's started taking care of himself and has never felt better.

I hope that, despite the rough journey of it, that your experience may be similar.

:rose:

Thank you Raidho. *hugs back*:heart: I hope so, I am having a rough time of it now, I think I will feel better once I am on medication.

txboyalone said:
Interesting thread, wish I was smart enough to comment.
Oh! Stop that! *Hugs* :rose: I am not smart just more verbose than most. All are welcome to comment here. :)

Gi_Venus said:
A rough week, beginning with my blood test. July fourth after the fireworks my therapist tells me I have diabetes. The following day had me working, I wanted to go to a walk in clinic but my car broke down in the rain leaving me crying, and praying. By the time I got home I was a wreck, afraid to eat anything I huddled in on myself unable to sort out things, just overwhelmed. My sister saw I was in a state and took my blood sugar with a finger stick, 254 a fasting reading. She made me eat food which I was terrified of. Diabetes is real to me, my mind filled with images of the past where I worked in the hospital doing finger sticks on uncontrolled diabetics who suffered from amputations, unhealed ulcers, delirium. A horrible state. A patient crying because she was tired of the finger sticks and misery. Blindness, kidney failure all potential horrors to be experienced. A trip to the grocery store brings me to tears, all of the things I love are off limits, some many things adulterated with sugar and corn syrup. My first trip had me coming home with just some steak and knockwursts that did not have sugar. The next trip had me buying some of the complex carbohydrates that are allowed. Still craving the French fries my little boy consumed today as I sat across from him in the restaurant picking at my salad.
I'm sorry about your diagnoses my friend. I have diabetes too. I'm glad to offer support -- and get it too. The plain and simple truth is it stinks and from this day forward no matter what happens to you will be the result of diabetes -- even if it's a hang nail I swear. (At least 'they' will try to convince you.) ; )

Here are some links that you might want to look at over time -- try not to overdose on info. The first one is excellent and it corresponds to a TV show called 'D Life' which airs on CNBC on Sunday nights at 7pm. I know your mind is playing all those scenes you mentioned but try to cut the tape!

The second one I won't say anything about you'll have to look -- I promise you'll LOVE it! :rose:

D Life

Divabetic

Glycemic index

NIH Info

Cathleen said:
I'm sorry about your diagnoses my friend. I have diabetes too. I'm glad to offer support -- and get it too. The plain and simple truth is it stinks and from this day forward no matter what happens to you will be the result of diabetes -- even if it's a hang nail I swear. (At least 'they' will try to convince you.) ; )

Here are some links that you might want to look at over time -- try not to overdose on info. The first one is excellent and it corresponds to a TV show called 'D Life' which airs on CNBC on Sunday nights at 7pm. I know your mind is playing all those scenes you mentioned but try to cut the tape!

The second one I won't say anything about you'll have to look -- I promise you'll LOVE it! :rose:

D Life

Divabetic

Glycemic index

NIH Info
Cate! It has been a long time.:heart::heat: (((((((Big squeeze)))))))) I love it when old friends come by *big smile*
Thank you for the links....I will use them. I am doing better....on glucophage my blood sugar was getting down there....at least below 200 I had 151 before breakfast....it is working, my lowest reading until then had been 209.
I am going to have to be more creative with my diet, I am bored with everything already.

Last edited:
Gi_Venus said:
Cate! It has been a long time.:heart::heat: (((((((Big squeeze)))))))) I love it when old friends come by *big smile*
Thank you for the links....I will use them. I am doing better....on glucophage my blood sugar was getting down there....at least below 200 I had 151 before breakfast....it is working, my lowest reading until then had been 209.
I am going to have to be more creative with my diet, I am bored with everything already.

OH hon...sorry to hear about this. Life does throw us curves as we both know all too well. I know what you are going through..remember...I was there myself. That is best thing gastric bypass did for me...no more diabetes!!!Hoooray!!!!

Just try to follow the guidelines and you will feel better. Thinking of you...:rose: {{{{{{{{{{{{{Gi}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Gi_Venus said:

Sorry to hear about this. Take care of yourself.

Back