Screenplays online

PennLady

Literotica Guru
I found a site which lists some available screenplays online.

http://www.simplyscripts.com/

Some available right now include Silver Linings Playbook, ParaNorman and Django Unchained. I'm quite curious to check these out and see what goes into a screenplay. Maybe I can adapt my own books. ;)

I found a site which lists some available screenplays online.

http://www.simplyscripts.com/

Some available right now include Silver Linings Playbook, ParaNorman and Django Unchained. I'm quite curious to check these out and see what goes into a screenplay. Maybe I can adapt my own books. ;)

Hey, you can adapt your hockey stories and the good thing is with there still being no hockey you can find plenty of out of work players to star in them!

Hey, you can adapt your hockey stories and the good thing is with there still being no hockey you can find plenty of out of work players to star in them!

Ha. They managed to find players who could act in "Miracle," but I'm not sure there are too many available. :)

Actually, I find this leads to another question -- what would you change if you did adapt a story into a screenplay? We can't all be the BBC with their 6 hours of "Pride & Prejudice." :) But I do wonder what I would add, delete, merge, etc.

Ha. They managed to find players who could act in "Miracle," but I'm not sure there are too many available. :)

Actually, I find this leads to another question -- what would you change if you did adapt a story into a screenplay? We can't all be the BBC with their 6 hours of "Pride & Prejudice." :) But I do wonder what I would add, delete, merge, etc.

Jeez, I have a hard enough time cutting paragraphs from a story, never mind what you would have to do to make a 400 page book a two hour movie.

and I don't know why, but when I was thinking of hockey movies, besides the obvious slapshot, the movie that came to mind was "Cutting edge" and that wasn't really a hockey movie, the guy was just a hockey player.

Jeez, I have a hard enough time cutting paragraphs from a story, never mind what you would have to do to make a 400 page book a two hour movie.

and I don't know why, but when I was thinking of hockey movies, besides the obvious slapshot, the movie that came to mind was "Cutting edge" and that wasn't really a hockey movie, the guy was just a hockey player.

I'm thinking there are only two decent hockey movies. "Slap Shot" and "Miracle." Hollywood just doesn't know how to film hockey. Although I heard that the recent "Goon" was supposed to be good.

I'm thinking there are only two decent hockey movies. "Slap Shot" and "Miracle." Hollywood just doesn't know how to film hockey. Although I heard that the recent "Goon" was supposed to be good.

Oh come on!

What about the might ducks?:rolleyes:

Actually that wasn't bad, at least what I saw of it, but I suppose I was limiting myself to "grown up" movies.

Oh, well then Slap Shot rules.

For whatever reason I was never a Paul Newman fan and there were only 2 movies I liked him in Slapshot and the color of money which is also one of the few Tom Cruise movies I liked.

Now talk about screenplays not following books, The movie color of money was absolutely nothing like the book.

In the book Fast Eddie was a broken down circus dog who talks Minnesota fats into a wide world of sporst pool tour and gets totally humiliated then decides to get serious again.

There was no "Vince" that he was training it was just all Fast Eddie.

Movie was better.

I write screenplays and the best program I have ever seen is called Celtx. Easy to use on desk top, lap top, and even tablet, and you can upload your work to "the cloud" so that you can work at home on one computer then find that work later away from home on another device.

Back