Xcom (OOC)

Xcom

We could be the last remains of the resistance force and live in a secret underground base to avoid beeing detected by aliens. If we are in the future and it isn't X com 2 then all technology is available. The place is more like a club and has everything a human would desire. We fight a successful guerilla war against them on our own planet and drive them back little by little and manage to take and research new equipment so we can use it. Our base can at any point become a target and recruits can be traitors. But most of us survive and we take out their commander/main base/super computer.
 
Hey guys. I've had some stuff come up tonight, and I'm not going to be able to start the IC thread until tomorrow afternoon. Like I said earlier, I don't mind if someone else wants to start it, but if you guys want me to do it, it won't be up until tomorrow. I'm probably not going to be able to post or work on anything else tonight, but I did edit the timeline. I know you guys said we don't really need one, but the timeline is helpful to me so I made it anyways.


2013: xcom is formed
2017: the aliens invade
2020: the aliens win the war
2021: xcom totally retreats
2024: the aliens have totally integrated/ taken over human society, except for small rebel pockets around the world
2027: xcom begins recruiting and training new members
2034: xcom begins its guerrilla war on the alien government
2037: the aliens terraform Earth killing of 99% of the human population
2040: present

That's our official timeline, I think that's what we all agreed on. So if someone wants to jump on the IC go ahead. I hope everyone has a great night, I'll talk to you guys tomorrow.
 
Hey guys. I've had some stuff come up tonight, and I'm not going to be able to start the IC thread until tomorrow afternoon. Like I said earlier, I don't mind if someone else wants to start it, but if you guys want me to do it, it won't be up until tomorrow.
I'm happy to wait until you're ready to start. I usually do better with some material to work from IC so my girls know how to settle into the pace and tempo of the story as it unfolds.
 
Upgraded and ready

Name : Patrick Larson
Nickname : Mr P
Age : Young adult
Body: Long and slim
Eye Color: Turqouise
Hair Color : Redish brown
Hair Style: Nicely cut hair, beard and mustage.
Place Of Birth : Stockholm, Sweden
Rank: Private (Rookie)
Class: Sniper (Marksman)
History: Patrick Larson grew up in a regular average family. He was the youngest child but he had ambitions. He joined the local shooting club to master both rifles and pistols. He later joined a group of mercinaries called the XCOM. This special unit protected Earth from alien attacks and recruited soldiers from all over the world. Patrick has no battle experience but he is a educated scientist that understands strategy and tactics.
Equipment: A flying suit (archangel armour). A customized plasma rifle.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone! Pardon a Firaxis newbie but if I want to join can I play as an EXALT neutral operative?
 
The flying suit is the ultimate armour made of elerium 115 and has a jet pack just like the archangel armour.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, you did ask for a sci-fi lover and presumably said my name three times while looking in a mirror. :D

The fact that you're here prove that even just clicking your heels together, crossing your fingers and doing the chicken dance works as well.

But all funny aside.

If we are on the plasma and laser weapons, this means that the M2A1 would be obsolete in the context of the game. What would be it's replacement?

Also sounds like my favorite kind of alien would flourish in this story, go down to Earth and hunt. The only way to prove your victory is a polished skull as trophy. Yup I a talking Yautja. :D

Also let me get this straight, a guy like tank who is kind of a hulking presence, would need some heavy armor if plasma and laser weapons are being used, is there any kind of personal shielding available like on Star Wars?

This being scifi, is there any reason to recapture Earth? Is there a way to reverse teraform it? Otherwise why would we fight for it if we can't have it back?

I know I'm only a pencil character atm, but I am curious
 
Xcom

M2A1 = Heavy plasma rifle
You should wear the power armour made of elerium 115.
You could also operate a plasma / hover tank.
It is possible to lern mind control with the PSI training. We must defeat the aliens before they destroy Earth and wipe out the humanity.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The flying suit is the ultimate armour made of elerium 115 and has a jet pack just like the archangel armour.
The suit from the first game then? It's slightly better than Archangel Armour since it has unlimited fuel, while the Archangel only has 8 or 12 units.

I used to use a two girl team to raid small and medium UFOs by having them fly up onto the roof, walk across to the middle of the ship and then blast a hole through the hull with their heavy plasma cannons. They could then drop in and wipe out he commanders before they had a chance to act.

The fact that you're here prove that even just clicking your heels together, crossing your fingers and doing the chicken dance works as well.
Only if you have the buttplug fitted nice and tight.

Butt all funny aside....

If we are on the plasma and laser weapons, this means that the M2A1 would be obsolete in the context of the game. What would be it's replacement?
The Heavy Plasma (Original, Remake) would be the squad support weapon of choice at this point in time, that or something totally original which had been developed over the last 20 years out of canon.

Yup I a talking Yautja. :D
Let's go hunting!
9n4Gy9J.gif


yautja_kha_li_by_ilyasuhoi-d6t9u39.jpg

jJ4sUED.png

Nm7hwo3.png

Also let me get this straight, a guy like tank who is kind of a hulking presence, would need some heavy armor if plasma and laser weapons are being used, is there any kind of personal shielding available like on Star Wars?
Depends on whether you want to include the UFO remake series in the canon (UFO: Aftermath, UFO: Aftershock, UFO: Afterlight.) They had alien biosuits which had very little defence against conventional weaponry but projected energy fields to protect against energy weapons, environmental hazards and psychic attacks.

A wonderful series of games if you enjoyed the original X-COM series, but lacked proper distribution and advertising since it was produced by a Czech development company.

This being scifi, is there any reason to recapture Earth? Is there a way to reverse teraform it? Otherwise why would we fight for it if we can't have it back?
In canon the humans recaptured the terraforming device the invaders used to fuck up the Earth and managed to reverse the effect after a few years of study, so its entirely possible to retake the Earth, or just steal the device and head off to Mars instead.
 
Last edited:
Xcom

Yes I did really enjoy the first game the most. It was fun to hover and blast the melee soldiers into very small pieces since they couldn't reach me and there was nothing better than to have a sniper on top of a aircraft or roof waiting for a poor alien to pass by. The enemy plasma tanks were destroyed by a single hit by a stun gun.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not forgetting the old 'Alt-F4' trick after completing a base mission, which would grant you the same loot and reputation rewards as the mission again each time you stalled out of the Battlescape on subsequent missions. :devil:
 
Name: Nick Temple

Age: 20

Place of birth: The xcom mobile command base

Rank: Major

Class: assault

Physical description: Nick stands at 6'3" and is well muscled, but not ripped. His blonde hair is close shaved except for a short Mohawk. He usually has several days stubble, but never commits to a full beard.

History: Nick was born into xcom. His father was an xcom soldier and his mother a pilot. He was trained from a young age to be a perfect solider. He received advanced weapons training, as well as several styles of martial arts, tactical strategy, and combat training. He was also trained to operate most xcom vehicles and in basic field medicine. He was 17 when the aliens terraformed the Earth. Shortly after the terraforming his mother's transport was shot down, killing both her and his father. Nick was put into combat to replace the void left by his father's squads death. Over the next three years Nick proved his combat prowess, and skill in battle. He was recently promoted to major and has been given a command position over a newly formed squad.

Equipment: Titan armor, alloy cannon, plasma pistol, plasma grenades

Notes: many soldiers look down on Nick because of his age, despite him proving himself countless times. When in a command position (which is quite often) he can be a "hard ass" so the soldiers under his command know he's seasoned, despite his age.
 
Name: Roger Vesser

Age: 42

Place of birth: Atlanta Georgia

Rank: The commander of xcom

Class: N/A

Physical description: Roger stands at 5'11" and is in good physical condition, if not combat ready. He has short dark brown hair and a well kept goatee. Both his hair and goatee are beginning to
show slight hints of grey.

History: Roger fought in the first war against the aliens. He was one of the few xcom soldiers to survive the first war against the aliens. He worked his way up the xcom ranks, and after the first commander stepped down, Roger took his place.

Equipment: N/A
 
I edited my characters to fit with the story better. I'm going to start on the IC thread, so hopefully it'll be up in an hour or so. I'll post a link when it's ready
 
Xcom

I didn't know that but I never cheat and rarely lie ;) I would be happy to let our brilliant and intelligent lady start the show. She has many good ideas and very deep knowledge of the X com series. Thank you for posting the nice pictures by the way. I should get Dosbox and play the old X com games by downloading the abandonware.
 
Name : Truke Eagle
Callsign : Eagle
Age : Unknown (looks 28)
Hair Color/style : short blonde
Place Of Birth : Unknown
Rank: Captain
Class: Assault (veteran)
History : Eagle has no significant history. No date of birth. No place of origin. He was just there. Eagle's identity is one of XCOM's top secrets, open only to higher officials. The only image of him found in any database is of Sgt Scott Wills, a marine who died on the field in the 90s. Rumors flying around HQ claims that he's a clone, and maybe it is true. For Eagle is smarter than his looks and more experienced than his rank.
Weapons : Plasma rifle, laser pistol.
Equipment : S.C.O.P.E, Chitin plating, light plasma and Nano-fiber-vest.
 
OK so I did a bit of editing, if you need me on the team just shout, but so far it seems like you have things well in hand.
 
OK so I did a bit of editing, if you need me on the team just shout, but so far it seems like you have things well in hand.
I'm sure an extra Heavy on the perimeter would be more than welcome while the Support-Assault pair deal with the evacuation.

How large is the transport we're using, and how long do you expect it will take to clear out the civilians?

Is there anything we need to watch out for, like Chryssalid infectees hidden in the crowd which could leave our nice shiny spaceship a little bloodstained if we take them onboard or Ethereal Thralls ready to do their Master's bidding and capture our poor defenceless medic in the middle of the city, stripping her out of her armour and violating her body as many ways as they can?
 
Xcom

Emuparadise has about every game for every system.
I expect that we have the ultimate ship (Avenger) or the transport ship (Lightning) The final battle is impossible to win without explosives and heavy damage weapons and there can't be enough soldiers since they can be killed by a lucky shot. The cryssalids are terrible since they can turn soldiers and civilians into zombies that hatch and become another cryssalid. They are very fast and a single unit can wipe out everybody. Flying is the only way to survive them. The ethereals use mind control to panic the soldiers and they can cause them to attack friendly units so they should be killed as soon as possible. The leaders would most likely mind fuck her if she has no PSI strength. They will force her to throw away weapons/armour when she runs towards them and gets fucked up. Missions usually last around one day.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You are speaking of things high above my ken. I could of course just have my guy not introduce himself or already be on the ground. Either one works for me.
 
The leaders would most likely mind fuck her if she has no PSI strength.
Bones has Psi strength, but that doesn't necessarily mean she wouldn't let the leader mind fuck her anyway, colossal slut that she is.

Ironside also has high Psi potential, given her family history, but with her nervous system fried by the cyber-conversion wouldn't be able to make use of that power offensively. Still, it should give her quite a boost on the defense when facing Psi opponents.

Let's just hope we don't meet any MC users though, otherwise her armour will be torn to shreds and her helpless, frail human body will be left to be gangraped by snakemen until their eggs are spilling out of every hole.
 
Back
Top