Summer's Gone

I'm from deep South Texas, and cooling down to us is not hitting triple digits. I love that we're only hitting the 90s. I actually got excited today about what great outdoor running weather we're having. It's all relative.

(And yes, I'm already wearing long sleeves and sweaters to work. It's cooled off outside so much that the A/C is keeping the library extra cold.)

Ahhhhhh, that sounds wonderful!!!!

I look forward to the bonfires and getting drunk with my friends. When it's just cold enough to the point where you huddle next to someone close and the bonfire determines whether you freeze or stay warm.

I look forward to the bonfires and getting drunk with my friends. When it's just cold enough to the point where you huddle next to someone close and the bonfire determines whether you freeze or stay warm.

For me, bonfires are a Summer thing. The minute it drops below 50 I want nothing to do with leaving the house. Cuddling inside under blankets is almost as good :)

For me, bonfires are a Summer thing. The minute it drops below 50 I want nothing to do with leaving the house. Cuddling inside under blankets is almost as good :)

Definitely. The cold is great though, allergy season is finally starting to leave. Not to mention the start of the snow, which is the best part of winter.

Definitely. The cold is great though, allergy season is finally starting to leave. Not to mention the start of the snow, which is the best part of winter.

You've got me on the allergies part....snow is well and good as long as I can admire it from inside...driving is a nightmare.

Is it bad that I have a date tonight and I'm halfway hoping he calls to reschedule so I can sit around and be lazy? :rolleyes:

The life of an introvert...

Is it bad that I have a date tonight and I'm halfway hoping he calls to reschedule so I can sit around and be lazy? :rolleyes:

The life of an introvert...

All depends really. A date is a date, a chance to get out interact with someone and seeing how things go. If you're ready for it, why not. But if you're not ready for it, don't pressure.

Besides, there are always us here that will keep the fireplace at a dull roar, a fresh cup of coffee (of tea if you prefer) and wonderful conversation, until our own eyelids become to have and sleep's embrace finds us, even if it's in a chair and we wake up with a few key imprints on our face *chuckles*

All depends really. A date is a date, a chance to get out interact with someone and seeing how things go. If you're ready for it, why not. But if you're not ready for it, don't pressure.

Besides, there are always us here that will keep the fireplace at a dull roar, a fresh cup of coffee (of tea if you prefer) and wonderful conversation, until our own eyelids become to have and sleep's embrace finds us, even if it's in a chair and we wake up with a few key imprints on our face *chuckles*

I was more or less ready, took care of what I needed to today, came home and took a nap so I wouldn't be tired...but when I woke up I felt like I could sleep for another 8 hours or so.

He didn't end up calling to confirm, so I get to hang around here tonight :)

I was more or less ready, took care of what I needed to today, came home and took a nap so I wouldn't be tired...but when I woke up I felt like I could sleep for another 8 hours or so.

He didn't end up calling to confirm, so I get to hang around here tonight :)

:D:D:D:D:D wait... are there enough smiles? :rolleyes:

I think you may have to rename your thread since it's almost summertime again.

I can't wait to be wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts again.

Same here, but if this spring is foretelling of what summer will be like I'm going to be sorely disappointed. Freezing winter, cold spring and a cool summer is enough to make me want to relocate to the equator :(

Same here, but if this spring is foretelling of what summer will be like I'm going to be sorely disappointed. Freezing winter, cold spring and a cool summer is enough to make me want to relocate to the equator :(

The equator? I think that may be a bit drastic for a move. I like summer but need the cold weather to kill some of the bugs. We had a few cool days here lately, but now it seems like the warm weather is here to stay.

I think drastic might be worth it if I never dig my car out of a snow tomb again :) But alas, the cold is excellent for keeping pests under control. I can barely handle the ones already creeping around here, specifically the eight-legged kind, and I hear they only get bigger.

I think drastic might be worth it if I never dig my car out of a snow tomb again :) But alas, the cold is excellent for keeping pests under control. I can barely handle the ones already creeping around here, specifically the eight-legged kind, and I hear they only get bigger.

And hairier, too! You're not afraid of little old spiders, are you?:)

Petrified :( I can handle anything else creepy-crawly that finds its way into my apartment, but I am phobic of those guys. The story of how I could have wrecked the transmission in my car when I saw I had an unexpected passenger is a good one :rolleyes: I -want- to say I had the good sense to throw it into park before I leapt across the seat to bail from the passenger side while still seat belted in and rolling forward at about 10 - 15 miles an hour...but, you know....not sure acting on pure survival instinct can be called sense.

Back