Calling all Asians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm back to participate in my own thread. Sorry for being gone so long

Just bumping to see who's out there...especially as there's a thread on the General Board about 'interracial dating...'

Roman

Checking in

Hello,

Asian here, Pinay, born in the US and constantly moving back and forth between Asia and the USA.

Hi, are you still around?

Mia

We all are still around. I think we are all too much of addicts to ever leave the lit behind.

I don't feel so left out now....

As you can see, I've been on this board a loooooong time, and it's pretty much been just me who's fully asian.

I'm chinese, born and bred in the UK. Although I'm very much in touch with my own culture.

Nice to meet you all! :)

Hello

I'm biologically 100% Asian, too. Filipina.

So where do you feel most at home on the boards, Ask No More and everyone else?

Mia

Re: Hello

MercyMia said:
I'm biologically 100% Asian, too. Filipina.

So where do you feel most at home on the boards, Ask No More and everyone else?

Mia

I pretty much do all my posting on the General Board
Used to role play, until it went through a dry patch, and a lot of good writers didn't come around so often anymore.

Re: Re: Hello

Ask For More said:
I pretty much do all my posting on the General Board
Used to role play, until it went through a dry patch, and a lot of good writers didn't come around so often anymore.

so do you write stories, too?

Since I'm 1/2 Asian, I'm only 1/2 here...but I feel most at home on the Playground, mostly in threads that are fairly new--I tend to post most regularly to those related to where I live (near DC, including Maryland and Virginia) and which have interesting topics. I lurk on the GB, but don't post there often...I've also found the How To forum pretty useful!

Glad to see this thread is still alive!

Roman

Re: Re: Re: Hello

MercyMia said:
so do you write stories, too?

Yeah I got one or two. I got one at erotic stories too...
Got one in the pipeline, but its pretty ambitions, and is taking me a looooong time to get through.

Cardie™ said:
Hello...i'm an American born filipina in the midwest

Hi Cardie,

New on Lit? It looks like there is a small number of us on here. Don't know the proportion, but it's growing.

Welcome! Have you ever been back to the Philippines?

Hi MercyMia,

I've been lurking the boards a few months or so, it's only been lately i've shed my posting shyness. I usually can be found at Lit chat. When I was younger, we visited the Philippines every summer; I haven't been back in almost 10 years. My parents were from the Visayas.

Btw, I swear I wasn't following you, I was laughing because I was always posting just after or before you...:D

Okay, I've been here before, but now I'm back

Glad to see some life here

If you don't know already, I'm 1/2 Filipina and 1/2 P. Rican. I post mainly here, Latinos, GB, and Roleplays....

From Cincinnati....and bored outta my mind. Whats up with everyone else tonight?

:kiss:

MTILC

mytasteislikecandy said:
From Cincinnati....and bored outta my mind. Whats up with everyone else tonight?

:kiss:

MTILC

precious little. i'm not asian (though partly native american), and stopped by on a whim. i'm an hour to the south of you.

i'm terribly uninspired to write, and my wacom isn't up and running yet, so no art. what's up in cinci?

latefrost said:
precious little. i'm not asian (though partly native american), and stopped by on a whim. i'm an hour to the south of you.

i'm terribly uninspired to write, and my wacom isn't up and running yet, so no art. what's up in cinci?

An hour...hmmm Lexington, Louisville?

Not much going on here....just this board and snow :( *sigh*

How bout down that way?

mytasteislikecandy said:
An hour...hmmm Lexington, Louisville?

Not much going on here....just this board and snow :( *sigh*

How bout down that way?

no snow, just cold. reading the board (been away from the net for a long time) and trying to teach my newsreader a thing or two. my plans got cancelled. =( though tomorrow night should be fun, tonight is .. flat.

latefrost said:
no snow, just cold. reading the board (been away from the net for a long time) and trying to teach my newsreader a thing or two. my plans got cancelled. =( though tomorrow night should be fun, tonight is .. flat.

yeah here too

*sigh*

Cardie™ said:
Hi MercyMia,

I've been lurking the boards a few months or so, it's only been lately i've shed my posting shyness. I usually can be found at Lit chat. When I was younger, we visited the Philippines every summer; I haven't been back in almost 10 years. My parents were from the Visayas.

Btw, I swear I wasn't following you, I was laughing because I was always posting just after or before you...:D

Cool, I'm 50% Visayan too. It's much better to visit the Philippines outside Manila.

Hey, we probably just have the same interests. I lurked for a while on Lit, too, before I started posting last week. I didn't realize there was such a variety of discussions going on.

Thanks to the person who started this thread!

Mia

Is Visaya a different area?

I'm still patiently waiting for another full chinese...*twiddling thumbs*

How come there are so few of us here? You'd thinkwith the huge amount of asians in the world that there'd be a few more of us on here!

Maybe its a culture thing...

Ask For More said:
Is Visaya a different area?

I'm still patiently waiting for another full chinese...*twiddling thumbs*

How come there are so few of us here? You'd thinkwith the huge amount of asians in the world that there'd be a few more of us on here!

Maybe its a culture thing...

Yes, AFM, Visayas is the middle area of the country, the islands between Luzon and Mindanao (if you ever get to a map).

What part of China did your elders come from, AFM? In the Philippines, most of the Chinese are from Fujian and speak Fookienese.

Not sure why there are few Asians on Literotica. Sometimes it seems like when people are new in a country, they bend all their energy towards becoming part of the mainstream. Then the later generations bend backwards and try to reclaim their heritage. I found this true a lot with Filipino immigrants (there was a huge wave of them in the 60s) to America. Their kids and grandchildren now are trying to re-connect with homeland.

Geez, who woulda thunk I'd be saying stuff like this on Literotica?

MM

MercyMia said:
Yes, AFM, Visayas is the middle area of the country, the islands between Luzon and Mindanao (if you ever get to a map).

What part of China did your elders come from, AFM? In the Philippines, most of the Chinese are from Fujian and speak Fookienese.

Not sure why there are few Asians on Literotica. Sometimes it seems like when people are new in a country, they bend all their energy towards becoming part of the mainstream. Then the later generations bend backwards and try to reclaim their heritage. I found this true a lot with Filipino immigrants (there was a huge wave of them in the 60s) to America. Their kids and grandchildren now are trying to re-connect with homeland.

Geez, who woulda thunk I'd be saying stuff like this on Literotica?

MM

My father is from HK, and hakka orginally, and mum was born in malaysia, and speaks hokkien(same as fookien, fookien is the cantonese way of saying it, and hokkien is the way the fujian natives say it).
I can understand a little Hokkien, but my main chinese dialect is cantonese.

I've always thought that Asians have a culture where posting on a place like this would be frowned upon. I have maybe two friends that know i post here, one who is asian and one who is not. I know that I have a more open attitude towards sex than most of my friends, a lot of the time its hardly mentioned, and when it is everyone is like :eek:

Its slowly starting to change with the new generation of immigrant children like me, but very slowly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back