You know you've spent too much time at Lit when. . .

Every Sunday, the parking lot behind my office building serves as overflow parking for the evangelical mega-church across the street. And nearly every Sunday that I drop by, I find this car parked as close to the entrance as possible. Something there is that doesn't love a hypocrite.

IMAGE_00283.jpg

The car's badge appears to be illegible due to the glare. This is a Jaguar, folks, in case you didn't recognize it.

Edited to add: this is the photo that I mentioned above, the one that I took thinking of the :rolleyes: thread.

Last edited:
midwestyankee said:
The car's badge appears to be illegible due to the glare. This is a Jaguar, folks, in case you didn't recognize it.

Ohhh...the backend of a Jaguar is unmistakeable without seeing the little tag.

Well...okay...is it bad that I would recognize the backend of a Jaguar from a mile away. :eek:

yank: hypocrisy is quite the tasty seasoning in the pantry of life.

SJ: you just have a thing for back-ends, 'fess up. :> i seem to recall you waxing rhapsodic about your husband's, IIRC.

ed

silverwhisper said:
yank: hypocrisy is quite the tasty seasoning in the pantry of life.

SJ: you just have a thing for back-ends, 'fess up. :> i seem to recall you waxing rhapsodic about your husband's, IIRC.

ed

Yes...yes...I do... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ermmm...shhhh...we don't want Rev to get all big-headed over his back-end even if it is a mighty damn fine one.

OK, i can't think of anywhere funny or clever to go w/ the thought, but c'mon, this requires some follow-up clever comment by somebody...

SJ quoth
we don't want rev to get all big-headed
:D

ed

Sarojaede said:
Yes...yes...I do... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ermmm...shhhh...we don't want Rev to get all big-headed over his back-end even if it is a mighty damn fine one.
Hmmm....I thought that getting your man big-headed was the whole point. :confused:

pplwatching said:
Kind of like getting a fortune cookie and adding "in bed" to the end.
i prefer adding "in bed with a rope" lol

Confusious say "woman who put husband in dog house will soon find him in cat house... with whore!"

Ykystmtolw

... when someone says "i don't know if i'm coming or going!" you think 'what's the difference?'

A website that sells quilting fabric; what I saw--The Virgin Quilter

What it really said: The Virginia Quilter.

:rolleyes:

You cannot keep a straight face when trying to explain that in order to sharpen a pencil you have to "hold it in right".

:eek: :eek:

Sarojaede said:
You cannot keep a straight face when trying to explain that in order to sharpen a pencil you have to "hold it in right".

:eek: :eek:
YKYSTMTALW you immediately hope that this incident involved SJ's "little man" and not her college students.

midwestyankee said:
YKYSTMTALW you immediately hope that this incident involved SJ's "little man" and not her college students.

Yes, it involved the little one and one of those tiny hand-held penicl sharpeners, not the attached to the wall type with a crank handle or an electric one.

Although, Yank, I did have to explain what the word convey meant to a student on Tuesday. The same student, mind you who asked what equality and assume meant.

Sarojaede said:
YKYSTMTALW you have 1500+ posts in 3 months. ermmmm....

SJ, what the heck are you doing still up??

It took me forever to get to 1000 posts.

bobsgirl said:
SJ, what the heck are you doing still up??

It took me forever to get to 1000 posts.

I'm pringint off the assignment sheet for my students next assignment and finishing grading a couple of projects.

Plus, I regularly suffer from insomnia, so my sleep is eratic at best.

Sarojaede said:
I'm pringint off the assignment sheet for my students next assignment and finishing grading a couple of projects.

Plus, I regularly suffer from insomnia, so my sleep is eratic at best.

I'm with you on that one. Insomnia is awful. Get Revluc to give you a foot massage.

Back