Fibromyalgia help

I also have fibro. I am so very sorry, hon. (In my case it brought lots of friends as well.) My rheumatologist is simply wonderful. The best thing I can tell you is not to give up!
Eventually you and your team of docs will find something that will work FOR YOU. Since we are all different, what works for one might not for another. Some simple truths:
- use heat and ice...whichever feels best at the time
- do not over-do!!!
- when hands and/or feet are hurting, rubbing gently and repeatedly on something soft and nubbly (for example, a velvet covered pillow, a blanket, blue jeans) tricks your mind into not feeling the pain,and feels GREAT!
- learn to say no. Seriously. It causes way too much overdoing.
- rest whenever possible!
- read "The Spoon Theory". It'll do you a world of good!! Www.butyoudontlooksick.com
- if you haven't already started, keep a pain diary. Be sure to include what you eat, drink, physically do, amount of sleep, the temperature, weather, humidity level (that one kills me), pain level, what and when you take anything for pain, and anything else you can think of. Share with docs...!
- do you have a place that offers water aerobics?
- in my case, fluid retention seems to make my fibro symptoms more accute. Drink lots of liquid ;)
Just follow your instincts. Your body wants you to take care of it, it just doesn't remember that you know how :/

Please feel free to pm me! <<<gentle hugs>>>

My new girl friend (well old we just took a 20 yr break) anyways.
She has fibro... and has had it for 18 yrs or so.
What was said above about good clean natural foods is what she does. She does hit the drugs when it gets real bad. She also does yoga a lot.
Wish you all the best of luck and remember.

Sex is good for you and cum is good to digest it has protein, Amino acids and potassium.
As I told her "You stopped swallowing my load and you got sick, coincidence I think not"

Beachy, et al:

This turned up on my newsfeed today, and I thought I'd post the link just in case it might be new information for some of you. I hope it helps!

Do yourself a huge favor and try this.

Take enough vitamin C to bowel tolerance. When you start feeling gassy you're in the right neighborhood. This amount will vary from person to person but you should be thinking in grams, not milligrams. Take it in divided doses throughout the day.

"Large doses of vitamin C seem to have exceptional anti-inflammatory properties. Saturation of vitamin C is easily reached through frequent oral doses." -taken from Doctor Yourself by Andrew Saul.

Also, take calcium (1000mg) and magnesium (400mg) daily in divided doses. Deficiencies in either mineral can cause muscle pain and muscle problems.

...Take enough vitamin C...

But don't take too much. The long-term effects of megadoses may be negative.

Too much vitamin C inhibits the absorption of copper.

Copper is used in building ceruloplasmin, which is used to regulate iron metabolism. So too much vitamin C can result in anemia - even if you have enough iron.

Also, extreme shortages of copper can cause nerve damage ( this is colloquially known as 'swayback' in sheep and cattle )

Good luck Beach Momma! My ex-wife had Fibro, it (among other problems!) led to our demise. This may be a little dated (1995-2004), but her primary course of treatment was pain meds. Constant pain, inability to get a restful sleep cycle and the eventual tolerance to the pain meds were the chief problems. Side effects included 3-4 months without intimacy at a time as well as depression. We divorced and about 6 years after that she overdosed on her pain meds and died.

This is not accepted by many but get a Lyme test and demand it. My cousin suffered so much to find Lyme. 2 weeks of Doxycycline is a joke. Long term. Ticks are not only in New England. She is healthy and well now. She spent 2 years in bed.

Damn! I haven't been to Lit in what seems like forever!

Thanks to everybody who left replies or PMs. Sorry I've been AWOL so long! It's been a very busy couple of months.

I also have fibro. I am so very sorry, hon. (In my case it brought lots of friends as well.) My rheumatologist is simply wonderful. The best thing I can tell you is not to give up!
Eventually you and your team of docs will find something that will work FOR YOU. Since we are all different, what works for one might not for another. Some simple truths:
- use heat and ice...whichever feels best at the time
- do not over-do!!!
- when hands and/or feet are hurting, rubbing gently and repeatedly on something soft and nubbly (for example, a velvet covered pillow, a blanket, blue jeans) tricks your mind into not feeling the pain,and feels GREAT!
- learn to say no. Seriously. It causes way too much overdoing.
- rest whenever possible!
- read "The Spoon Theory". It'll do you a world of good!! Www.butyoudontlooksick.com
- if you haven't already started, keep a pain diary. Be sure to include what you eat, drink, physically do, amount of sleep, the temperature, weather, humidity level (that one kills me), pain level, what and when you take anything for pain, and anything else you can think of. Share with docs...!
- do you have a place that offers water aerobics?
- in my case, fluid retention seems to make my fibro symptoms more acute. Drink lots of liquid ;)
Just follow your instincts. Your body wants you to take care of it, it just doesn't remember that you know how :/

Please feel free to pm me! <<<gentle hugs>>>

These are the types of tips I've been looking for! Thanks! We have a pool and hot tub here in our complex; I've been using both for gentle range of motion exercises. If I need the warmth, I use the hot tub and use the pool when I need cold.

Beachy, et al:

This turned up on my newsfeed today, and I thought I'd post the link just in case it might be new information for some of you. I hope it helps!

The website had lots of good information. I bookmarked it to possibly use for research materials for school. Thanks! I also found a local therapist that I may decide to use.

The best news is that I quit my job about a month ago. I was a bedside RN in a hospital. I start my new job next week as a home health nurse. The new job will be much gentler on my body. I've been feeling a lot better since I left the old job, and I'm hoping that the new job will continue that trend. I don't expect to have to do nearly as much heavy lifting as when I was doing bedside. I also expect it to be lower stress - which can only help.

We've noticed that my fibro symptoms are at their worst the next day or two after a sleepless night. I'm not sure if one or the other is causal, but there is definitely a correlation.

Do yourself a huge favor and try this.

Take enough vitamin C to bowel tolerance. When you start feeling gassy you're in the right neighborhood. This amount will vary from person to person but you should be thinking in grams, not milligrams. Take it in divided doses throughout the day.

"Large doses of vitamin C seem to have exceptional anti-inflammatory properties. Saturation of vitamin C is easily reached through frequent oral doses." -taken from Doctor Yourself by Andrew Saul.

Also, take calcium (1000mg) and magnesium (400mg) daily in divided doses. Deficiencies in either mineral can cause muscle pain and muscle problems.

But don't take too much. The long-term effects of megadoses may be negative.

Too much vitamin C inhibits the absorption of copper.

Copper is used in building ceruloplasmin, which is used to regulate iron metabolism. So too much vitamin C can result in anemia - even if you have enough iron.

Also, extreme shortages of copper can cause nerve damage ( this is colloquially known as 'swayback' in sheep and cattle )

I'm pretty careful about my electrolytes (potassium, magnesium, calcium, and sodium). I do have a history of heart problems, and all of those can aggravate underlying cardiac issues. We do regular labs to make sure my electrolytes are where they should be. I won't take anything that can raise or lower my K, Mg, or Ca levels, and I try to keep the dietary sodium as low as I possibly can. I've had a ton of problems already because my K dropped too low, and I'm not in a hurry to repeat that process!

We've noticed that my fibro symptoms are at their worst the next day or two after a sleepless night. I'm not sure if one or the other is causal, but there is definitely a correlation.

One might be causing the other, or there could be a third something that causes both.

What are you eating for lunch and dinner immediately prior to those sleepless nights?

BeachMomma, are you doing yoga?

I mention it because I went to almost 2 hours of classes yesterday evening for the first time (vs. stretching and breathing at home). I had back and neck pain to the point of tears during some parts of the classes, but I worked through it with as many modifications as I needed, and I absolutely got an evening of relief and slept better last night. I'm going to add as many classes as I can get to at the YMCA to my routine and see what it does for me over time. I'm super optimistic!

Anyway, I thought I'd share that. My doctor also put me on meloxicam (anti-inflammatory) last month, and that's helped a bit too. Not as much as the cannabis, but I'm not going to complain about even the tiniest bit of relief! :D

I have been a Mild sufferer .

Hello
Fibromyalgia is a hell of a common problem that has no actual cure, A bit like the common cold, Some remedies work for some ,Others it has no effect on. Myself I found purely by accident that herbal cannabis had the best desired effect. I bought a small cake tin and put a candle inside, I then burnt the cannabis and left it to smoulder inside the tin, The aroma this gives off is very over powering and made me so sleepy. [ Not high just sleepy ] It took me three attempts to get the dose right , I also joined a yoga class and informed the instructor, She new so much about fibromyalgia that during the class she would set me aside and have me stretching my back, shoulders, and bottom. I have continued with yoga for several years now and although i`m still on my prescription from my doctor. I now can manage any discomfort . I know im very lucky to have found something that works for me, I hope that very soon all of you who are reading this find your solution soon .Don`t give up have faith

Mrs Stuart

Back