Alberta Friend/Fuck/Talk Buddy List

You're a lively one, now arent you...

I suspect that you are also of the video game playing variety? Your previous posts tend to suggest that you're attached so random play is probably out, but my world is at an eternal shortage of cool gamer chicks (And if you like anime, you're going to go up in the ranks really fast), so its quite excuseable.

That being said, previous posts of this entire thread tend to indicate a mass sausage fest, were it not for you and maybe two others. So thank you for existing.

tell me about yourself.

Well I suppose I am lively ^^"
I am in a polygamous relationship, so it isn't totally out. But I am looking to have more friends- only been in Edmonton for a year and a bit..

I am a avid fan of anime, and very knowledgeable too. You can check out my anime list here: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LadyReiha
I am in total awe with videos.. sometimes a bit too much :D
And we, the league of Alberta women say "You're welcome" to solving a bit of the sausage fest problem.

Well I suppose I am lively ^^"
I am in a polygamous relationship, so it isn't totally out. But I am looking to have more friends- only been in Edmonton for a year and a bit..

I am a avid fan of anime, and very knowledgeable too. You can check out my anime list here: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LadyReiha
I am in total awe with videos.. sometimes a bit too much :D
And we, the league of Alberta women say "You're welcome" to solving a bit of the sausage fest problem.

I just purused your anime list, and sure enough it is pretty hardcore. So much so that I myself am in awe. I mean, really, you ADMIT to watching pokemon. :p
Seriously though, I couldnt name everything I've watched over the last 10 years offhand, but I would lament my life if I couldnt watch more of it.

Edit: Dear fuck we have to discuss a lot of these anime's. Seriously.

So I agree, we should be friends. Being awake for too long will cause me to babble on, so we'll just say this will happen sooner or later.

Oh, do you play WoW?

Last edited:
Hey to all of you Albertans from a Montanan. :)
Montana? Well I'll be damned . . .

I was just down in that area a few weeks back . . when the sun was shining and the temps were in the 60s!

How things can change in a blink . . .

Whats the temps up there?
Just got in from -26 C (-15F) . . . and its expected to snow MORE tonite.

Cleared a walkway this afternoon . . . there was over a foot of the light white stuff. . . and that wasn't a drift!

I just purused your anime list, and sure enough it is pretty hardcore. So much so that I myself am in awe. I mean, really, you ADMIT to watching pokemon. :p
Seriously though, I couldnt name everything I've watched over the last 10 years offhand, but I would lament my life if I couldnt watch more of it.

Edit: Dear fuck we have to discuss a lot of these anime's. Seriously.

So I agree, we should be friends. Being awake for too long will cause me to babble on, so we'll just say this will happen sooner or later.

Oh, do you play WoW?

Hardcore eh? You think so? Heh Heh..

There's nothing wrong with Pokemon... Pikachu rawks!
Discuss away.. always open to discussion : )
I mostly watch anime's at work ( I work at a movie store, bonus points if you can guess which one). So a lot of it comes from there.

Don't play WoW but FF11.. indeedy!

Just read the thread from top to bottom ... nice to see a couple of Edmontonians and even one from my old home town of Fort Saskatchewan. Who woulda thunk.

As a complete aside ... calendar_girl ... that towel thing you've got goin' on is hawt.

Tres hawt.

To Lady_Reiha and Sandcannon:

Can someone explain FLCL to me? I saw the first two episodes on Thursday night and just felt ridiculously mind-fucked after. It did lead to an interesting conversation about whether being on drugs while watching would allow it to make more sense or just make it more frightening, lol. Anyway, thankee :)

Hardcore eh? You think so? Heh Heh..

There's nothing wrong with Pokemon... Pikachu rawks!
Discuss away.. always open to discussion : )
I mostly watch anime's at work ( I work at a movie store, bonus points if you can guess which one). So a lot of it comes from there.

Don't play WoW but FF11.. indeedy!

Pokemon sucks. If we ever meet I'll tell you what I thought up due to pokemon, you'll either hit me with something, or marvel at my marketing genius. There arent a lot of movie stores left in this town to begin with, plus I think you mentioned an indication of where in edmo your store was located. With more time and some deductive reasoning, I might be able to figure it out but would also seem creepy and stalkerish. I'll refrain at this time unless you ask me to.

Anyway, anime discussion, I'll throw you the following questions/statements, and based on how much you watch/pay attention to the series' that you had on your list, you'll either answer them or not.

1. Bible Black was insane for a hentai. I mean, yes it was a hentai and everything, but that plot was nuts. If you took out the rampant fucking and demon-hemaphrodite chick, and threw in a conspiracy by the school Minase was in to keep the incident under wraps, that would have been vicious. Thoughts?

2. What did you think of Death Note? I was enthralled for most of it, following Raito and L and the mental chess game the two played. I really had issues with how fast Raito's God complex formed though. A touch too fast for my liking.

3. Do you watch bleach via download? if so, are you current?

4. How did you not like Shuffle? It was hillarious.

Can someone explain FLCL to me? I saw the first two episodes on Thursday night and just felt ridiculously mind-fucked after. It did lead to an interesting conversation about whether being on drugs while watching would allow it to make more sense or just make it more frightening, lol. Anyway, thankee :)

I havent had time to watch this one yet, but I'll put it on the list.

Just read the thread from top to bottom ... nice to see a couple of Edmontonians and even one from my old home town of Fort Saskatchewan. Who woulda thunk.

As a complete aside ... calendar_girl ... that towel thing you've got goin' on is hawt.

Tres hawt.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Pokemon sucks. If we ever meet I'll tell you what I thought up due to pokemon, you'll either hit me with something, or marvel at my marketing genius. There arent a lot of movie stores left in this town to begin with, plus I think you mentioned an indication of where in edmo your store was located. With more time and some deductive reasoning, I might be able to figure it out but would also seem creepy and stalkerish. I'll refrain at this time unless you ask me to.

Anyway, anime discussion, I'll throw you the following questions/statements, and based on how much you watch/pay attention to the series' that you had on your list, you'll either answer them or not.

1. Bible Black was insane for a hentai. I mean, yes it was a hentai and everything, but that plot was nuts. If you took out the rampant fucking and demon-hemaphrodite chick, and threw in a conspiracy by the school Minase was in to keep the incident under wraps, that would have been vicious. Thoughts?

2. What did you think of Death Note? I was enthralled for most of it, following Raito and L and the mental chess game the two played. I really had issues with how fast Raito's God complex formed though. A touch too fast for my liking.

3. Do you watch bleach via download? if so, are you current?

4. How did you not like Shuffle? It was hillarious.

I havent had time to watch this one yet, but I'll put it on the list.

I only really liked Pokemon's first season and up to the first movie. Trust me, I'm not some kind of avid fan that you seem to think I am. ( Honestly). It's just one of the few anime's I grew up with, so I like it (to a certain extent). I'm sure you can already guess where I work, so no need. I've dealt with stalkers, so I'm well prepared :p

To answer you're "4" questions, here you go:

1. Let me start off by asking you a question: Have you seen all of Bible Black? Like everything- H game included. Anyway; Yes, it's a hentai- it's dark, gritty and sometimes questionable. But it's a marketing ploy that became genius-y popular. It has something for everyone ( pretty much) and people like variety.
So to take out big chunks of the story would still make a good story, because I'll be truthful- I actually thought the story and premise was interesting. But taking out a huge chunk also weakens the story. Like I originally said, they were trying to make a hentai that appeases to a broad range of otaku-like fans, hence why the futa, the demon worship, creampies, titfucks etc.
Adding a conspiracy would be interesting, but it''s hard to say. It's a neat idea, and who knows? Maybe one day someone will roll with it.

2. For the anime, I haven't finished watching it, but I know the premise of the manga story.
I honestly think they should of left it at L dying. Of course add another episode and show "Kira's" downfall. The whole Mello/Near add-on was annoying and personally, I cannot stand either character. But- that's not how it ends, is it?

I'm a little upset on how downsized Light (Raito) got towards the very end of the manga. Like, they made him up as this tough, brainiac, problem solver who doesn't have a care in the world. Only to end it with him practically crying and acting all "emo-like". Now, you can have a totally different opinion on this, but that's what I got off of it. I much liked the 1st movie's approach. It was interested and covered a bit more than what the anime does. I still like Death Note, but I guess you can also say I'm an extremely picky Shonen Jump fan.

3. I stopped watching Bleach at the 3rd Volume. It got boring. I might pick it up again later when I have some time ( Sorry, have no time to watch 199 currently-produced episodes, but I'll let you know more on what I think whenever I feel like resuming it.)

4. Shuffle- boring. Hardly-any-laughs and reminded me a little too much of . I hate Rin. A lot. * Idiot* I only ended up finishing it because CT ( the bf) liked it. I'll give the 2nd season a shot possibly.

Okay.. I'll try to explain FLCL as straight-arrow as I can * Hope this helps*

FLCL is a sci-fi comedy. It's a lot to process since a lot of stuff is happening. Here's pretty much the run down.:

Naota's life is pretty much straight edged: Going to school, living with his dad and grandpa.. etc, etc. The town that he lives in is pretty laid back and mostly quiet.

So Naota's older brother leaves to go play baseball in America, leaving behind his girlfriend Mamimi behind ( btw, she's homeless this is why she decides to pursue and "bug" Naota). So while he's dealing with her, another girl by the name of Haruko suddenly appears and runs down poor Naota.

Haruko eventually during their first encounter, hits Naota over the head with her guitar which makes him grow a horn. His life suddenly becomes more and more insane as more weird as it unfolds. It's a little hard to follow, so I suggest renting it from somewhere and adding on the director's commentary- it'll help you find the hidden witty messages of growing up, friendship and maturity along the way.

It's a short enough OVA to re-watch.

Hope this helps without giving away the ending :S

All that stuff you said.

hahahaha, your opionion of shuffle is hillarious. Valid, of course, but hillarious. I agree with you on Bible black, though I've only seen the first series (?) and whatever I stumbled onto online. Like every other cheap bastard on the internet, I dont pay for anything I dont have to. Death note hit the tank when L died, its true. Mello and Near were just plain annoying because storyline-wise, Raito won. He out maneuvered so many people, and threw everyone to the wind and it totally paid off. Then these two little bastards come along and are like "it isnt over, and the story has to drag on". The very end was good though, almost a pay off for having to endure the last 4-6 episodes.

I'm into what my friend and I call Chi-anime, basically if it involves energy attacks, I'm usually drawn to it more than anything else. So Dragon ball, bleach, naruto, etc. are very easy for me to watch. As a result, I've seen all 276 episodes and 13 movies of Dragon Ball Z (including that wierd one I could only find in bad quality online), every episode of bleach currently airing, and even Inu Yasha.

Fortunately for me (apparently), I'm not only far too lazy to stalk someone, I also have better things to do. The fact that you're apparently ready for something like that is actually fairly awesome, regardless of circumstances causing you to prepare. Now we definitley have to be friends because I know you arent completely useless.

Have you watched Gundam Wing?

hahahaha, your opionion of shuffle is hillarious. Valid, of course, but hillarious. I agree with you on Bible black, though I've only seen the first series (?) and whatever I stumbled onto online. Like every other cheap bastard on the internet, I dont pay for anything I dont have to. Death note hit the tank when L died, its true. Mello and Near were just plain annoying because storyline-wise, Raito won. He out maneuvered so many people, and threw everyone to the wind and it totally paid off. Then these two little bastards come along and are like "it isnt over, and the story has to drag on". The very end was good though, almost a pay off for having to endure the last 4-6 episodes.

I'm into what my friend and I call Chi-anime, basically if it involves energy attacks, I'm usually drawn to it more than anything else. So Dragon ball, bleach, naruto, etc. are very easy for me to watch. As a result, I've seen all 276 episodes and 13 movies of Dragon Ball Z (including that wierd one I could only find in bad quality online), every episode of bleach currently airing, and even Inu Yasha.

Fortunately for me (apparently), I'm not only far too lazy to stalk someone, I also have better things to do. The fact that you're apparently ready for something like that is actually fairly awesome, regardless of circumstances causing you to prepare. Now we definitley have to be friends because I know you arent completely useless.

Have you watched Gundam Wing?

I know of the term, "Chi-anime" and I will agree with you, some are not bad ( I like DBZ, DB and some of DBGT), but other's I just have to go and say "WTF?" I much prefer Fantasy-based animes (ie/ Story of Siunkoku,Sailor Moon, or Kyo Kara Maoh, Wolf's Rain, Mushi-Shii) or Big and Busty (ie/. Tenjho Tenge, Witchblade, Desert Punk, Godannar etc.) Samurai anime ( ie/ Samurai Champloo, Samurai 7) or surreal/ thriller/horror anime's ( ie/ HellsinG, VPM, Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales, Hell Girl, Ergo Proxy and Speed Grapher. And of course comedies ( Lucky Star, Haruhi, Love Hina, DearS, Wallflower).

As for stalkers, like I said I'm well-prepared. I tend to attract the same people continuously. ( Like crack-heads, super obese anime Otaku, depressing people and copy-cats). There was even a time that I worked elsewhere ( a Shoppers Drugmart) and I had this guy come in everyday to ask me out on a date. I finally said yes one day just so he'd leave me alone and we went out on 1 date. The guy was as weird as they get and on that date asked me to marry him! When I said no and told him that sorry, I don't see another date in the future, he started to hang around the store until I got off/ closed and watch me get into my car and I (guess?) he figured out in which general direction I lived in, so he'd be at a sidewalk walking down, hoping to see a glimpse of my car going to work. It started getting annoying and a huge pain- that I had to get a restraining order on him. Luckily after that- he stopped coming around.

I have also had some other guys who find me attractive and hassle me for a date. I'm not exaggerating when I say that some of the guy's I've dated have ranged from Satanic worshipers to believing they are a 1,000 year old vampire, to a insane TV-like Evangelist who tried to tell me that all the stars in the sky are angels and that if I don't pray everyday, then my soul will wander Earth forever in pain and agony. Hell- I've even dated a guy who thought it'd be awesome to steal a hearse from a funeral home I was apprenticing in and crash it into a run-down Country Style Donuts shoppe >.<"

AND LIKE I SAID- THESE GUYS BEGGED ME TO DATE THEM! and they wouldn't leave me alone until I did!!!

Luckily, here in Edmonton it hasn't be that bad. I have attracted a few crazies, like this super depressive guy who goes on and on about how his life sucks and that people who come from Ontario to Edmonton get treated like garbage. There's also this girl ( who dated my boyfriend's best friend) who really likes anime and Japanese culture. I'm pretty laid-back and down-to-earth about anime, so I don't consider myself an Otaku, but this girl keeps chatting me up and won't shut-up about everything Japanese because I've shown a little interest. It became annoying when she found out that I'm half-Korean and that she's now going to NAIT to learn Korean!! ( She never had an interest in it before). So that kind of bugged me.

Another is that I am known around a specific area in Edmonton as "the hat girl". Now, when I moved to Edmonton about a year and a bit ago, nobody was wearing cute, animal hats and stuff like that. Now, everywhere I go, someone's wearing these hats! I'm a little flattered cuz I'm always asked where do I get my hats, but It feels like my individuality has been raped and exposed ( not a nice feeling). Oh dear.. I've rambled on. Sorry!

As for Mobile Suit Gundam Wing- yes, I have seen some but I find it somewhat repetitive and boring. I do like some military/ sci-fi anime's but for some reason the only thing that I liked most about the series was Wufei (Chang). I also enjoyed the OVA- Endless Waltz ( for some reason, I thought it was more interesting than the series itself- how pathetic is that?).

Well, Gundam wing (as well as the other gundam series') is awesome if you're into giant robots and politics. The fact that the sides kept changing, and friends became enemies in what could be considered a blink of an eye is a possibility in war. The fact that giant robots have giant guns and tend to shoot things, well, thats just plain awesome and cannot be beat. For that reason, Vision of Escaflowne pissed me off to the point where I couldnt stand it. I'm sorry, but if you have a society thats technologically advanced enough to make a functional giant robot, you should be advanced enough to build it a gun.

As for your stalker situation... well, honestly I've never understood how these things are such big problems. I grew up in a shitty neibourhood, and there if you had an issue with someone, you confronted them and dealt with it by words or by force. Now as much as I dont rely on violence to solve things, I do recognize it as an option. So when I hear people tell me they had stalkers, my first question is usually "Why didnt you kick his ass?". If the size/physical capability of the girl isnt combative in the least, my first question is "and your family let him live?" or "where the fuck were your friends?". Its a thing about people I've never been very good at understanding. In high school we had a problem with a guy like that. He wouldnt stop stalking one of my friends, and we couldnt lay a hand on him because the school administration protected him (he was a prodigy). We tried reasoning with him, trying to get him to see what he was doing was wrong, etc. Nothing worked. By the time she was driven to tears over the issue, we decided to risk being expelled and went looking for him. But by this time the girls father had already taken the time to threaten the school with a lawsuit so the guy was expelled. Theres more to the story, but its not terribly relevant. We didnt beat him into the ground like we wanted to, but something happened that pretty much scared him away.

I always joked that if I were being stalked, that the stalker must be the single most bored person on earth because I really dont do anything. It would be a constant day of staying outside staring at my house, or staying outside staring at my workplace. Which would basically mean they freeze to death.

Dang. Finally find some Alberta folks here... and I'm totally not an anime fan... *sigh*

Dang. Finally find some Alberta folks here... and I'm totally not an anime fan... *sigh*

You would think there are Albertans who aren't into anime..

Like me... Oh wait I'm not actually from Alberta, but I do live in Calgary

PS - did you ever notice Edmonton sucks?

You would think there are Albertans who aren't into anime..

Like me... Oh wait I'm not actually from Alberta, but I do live in Calgary

PS - did you ever notice Edmonton sucks?

Go to hell.

Well, Gundam wing (as well as the other gundam series') is awesome if you're into giant robots and politics. The fact that the sides kept changing, and friends became enemies in what could be considered a blink of an eye is a possibility in war. The fact that giant robots have giant guns and tend to shoot things, well, thats just plain awesome and cannot be beat. For that reason, Vision of Escaflowne pissed me off to the point where I couldnt stand it. I'm sorry, but if you have a society thats technologically advanced enough to make a functional giant robot, you should be advanced enough to build it a gun.

As for your stalker situation... well, honestly I've never understood how these things are such big problems. I grew up in a shitty neibourhood, and there if you had an issue with someone, you confronted them and dealt with it by words or by force. Now as much as I dont rely on violence to solve things, I do recognize it as an option. So when I hear people tell me they had stalkers, my first question is usually "Why didnt you kick his ass?". If the size/physical capability of the girl isnt combative in the least, my first question is "and your family let him live?" or "where the fuck were your friends?". Its a thing about people I've never been very good at understanding. In high school we had a problem with a guy like that. He wouldnt stop stalking one of my friends, and we couldnt lay a hand on him because the school administration protected him (he was a prodigy). We tried reasoning with him, trying to get him to see what he was doing was wrong, etc. Nothing worked. By the time she was driven to tears over the issue, we decided to risk being expelled and went looking for him. But by this time the girls father had already taken the time to threaten the school with a lawsuit so the guy was expelled. Theres more to the story, but its not terribly relevant. We didnt beat him into the ground like we wanted to, but something happened that pretty much scared him away.

I always joked that if I were being stalked, that the stalker must be the single most bored person on earth because I really dont do anything. It would be a constant day of staying outside staring at my house, or staying outside staring at my workplace. Which would basically mean they freeze to death.

Ah well. C'est la vie.

Back